openwrt 19.07

Old January 22nd 20, 02:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

Default openwrt 19.07

Just upgraded HH5a to openwrt 19.07

it includes newer LTS kernel should supported until 2024, also newer
Luci runs scripts client-side than on router, supposed to speed up GUI,
but not very noticeable.

After the upgrade, all working for VDSL/ethernet/wifi

I reinstalled my "usual" modules required for 4G support, initially I
forgot to reboot after installing them, and the GUI didn't recognise NCM
interface, but after a reboot Luci is happy.

Don't think I'll experiment with WPA3, sounds likely to break older WPA2
devices ...
Old January 23rd 20, 02:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.[_5_]

On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 13:16:46 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

Just upgraded HH5a to openwrt 19.07

it includes newer LTS kernel should supported until 2024, also newer
Luci runs scripts client-side than on router, supposed to speed up GUI,
but not very noticeable.

After the upgrade, all working for VDSL/ethernet/wifi

I reinstalled my "usual" modules required for 4G support, initially I
forgot to reboot after installing them, and the GUI didn't recognise NCM
interface, but after a reboot Luci is happy.

Don't think I'll experiment with WPA3, sounds likely to break older WPA2
devices ...

I put LEDE 17.01.4 on a HH5A a while ago, because I got sick of the
version Plusnet sent me, which seemed to invoke its watchdog and
restart several times a day.
And I can use my preferred 10.0.0.x LAN addresses which the Plusnet
router specifically prevents me using.

The only optional module I installed was for dyndns, which is
essential for me.

Can I upgrade from LEDE 17 to openwrt 19.07 simply using the GUI, or
do I have to flash it manually with a serial cable (header pins are
still in place)
Old January 23rd 20, 09:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

Graham. wrote:

Can I upgrade from LEDE 17 to openwrt 19.07 simply using the GUI, or
do I have to flash it manually with a serial cable (header pins are
still in place)

I started with LEDE and have performed various upgrades to openwrt
18.06.x and now 19.07.0 purely through the GUI, never had to revert to
the serial method.
Old January 23rd 20, 09:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

Andy Burns wrote:

Graham. wrote:

Can I upgrade from LEDE 17 to openwrt 19.07 simply using the GUI, or
do I have to flash it manually with a serial cable (header pins are
still in place)

I started with LEDE and have performed various upgrades to openwrt
18.06.x and now 19.07.0 purely through the GUI, never had to revert to
the serial method.

download a config backup first, if you've installed any packages make a
list of those to re-install, then upload the .img file and let it keep
all settings

https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/19.07.0/targets/lantiq/xrx200/openwrt-19.07.0-lantiq-xrx200-bt_homehub-v5a-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
Old January 23rd 20, 10:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Bartram

On 23/01/2020 08:15, Andy Burns wrote:
Graham. wrote:

Can I upgrade from LEDE 17 to openwrt 19.07 simply using the GUI, or
do I have to flash it manually with a serial cable (header pins are
still in place)

I started with LEDE and have performed various upgrades to openwrt
18.06.x and now 19.07.0 purely through the GUI, never had to revert to
the serial method.

Yes, I've done similar on my TP-Link and Meraki devices running LEDE and
OpenWRT.