Forwarding calls from Gradwell to A&A using a SIP URI

Old January 26th 20, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy in Ireland

Default Forwarding calls from Gradwell to A&A using a SIP URI

Possibly a thick question.

I'm trying to set up a Gradwell (or Onecom now I suppose) extension as an alias to an 'External SIP/IAX2 URI' and forward calls to an A&A number by entering in the 'Destination box' on the Onecom 'Aliases' page.

After the normal 20 minute wait for the Gradwell system to update itself it's not working.

Should it work, or have I got the wrong end of the stick - or just done something wrong?

Thanks

Andy
Old January 27th 20, 12:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
MissRiaElaine[_2_]

On 26/01/2020 17:40, Andy in Ireland wrote:
Possibly a thick question.

I'm trying to set up a Gradwell (or Onecom now I suppose) extension as an alias to an 'External SIP/IAX2 URI' and forward calls to an A&A number by entering in the 'Destination box' on the Onecom 'Aliases' page.

After the normal 20 minute wait for the Gradwell system to update itself it's not working.

Should it work, or have I got the wrong end of the stick - or just done something wrong?

Thanks

Andy

It's been a while since I've done this, but that should work. Does A&A
accept incoming links like this..? I know Sipgate don't...

Try entering just the 7 digit SIP ID rather than the full geo number.

--
Ria in Aberdeen

Old January 27th 20, 02:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_5_]

On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 09:40:55 -0800 (PST), Andy in Ireland
wrote:

Possibly a thick question.

I'm trying to set up a Gradwell (or Onecom now I suppose) extension as an alias to an 'External SIP/IAX2 URI' and forward calls to an A&A number by entering in the 'Destination box' on the Onecom 'Aliases' page.

After the normal 20 minute wait for the Gradwell system to update itself it's not working.

Should it work, or have I got the wrong end of the stick - or just done something wrong?

Thanks

Andy

Are you sure the URI format is correct, sometimes the colon needs to
be replaced with a forward slash (Asterisk).

Try forwarding to these test URIs

Old January 28th 20, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Benham

On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 09:40:55 -0800, Andy in Ireland wrote:

Possibly a thick question.

I'm trying to set up a Gradwell (or Onecom now I suppose) extension as an alias to an 'External SIP/IAX2 URI' and forward calls to an A&A number by entering in the 'Destination box' on the Onecom 'Aliases' page.

After the normal 20 minute wait for the Gradwell system to update itself it's not working.

Should it work, or have I got the wrong end of the stick - or just done something wrong?

Thanks

Andy

See https://support.aa.net.uk/VoIP_-_Calling_With_a_SIP_URI

Essentially the domain to use is aa.org.uk, and it requires the caller to
lookup SRV records.

Old February 16th 20, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy in Ireland

On Tuesday, 28 January 2020 22:44:31 UTC, Andrew Benham wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 09:40:55 -0800, Andy in Ireland wrote:

Possibly a thick question.

I'm trying to set up a Gradwell (or Onecom now I suppose) extension as an alias to an 'External SIP/IAX2 URI' and forward calls to an A&A number by entering in the 'Destination box' on the Onecom 'Aliases' page.

After the normal 20 minute wait for the Gradwell system to update itself it's not working.

Should it work, or have I got the wrong end of the stick - or just done something wrong?

Thanks

Andy

See https://support.aa.net.uk/VoIP_-_Calling_With_a_SIP_URI

Essentially the domain to use is aa.org.uk, and it requires the caller to
lookup SRV records.

Spot on that, thanks.

I'd seen that page and for some reason assumed they'd just used ' as an example for calls to their own support numbers. Assumptions eh?

Thanks

Andy