Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
base and laptop by scotsman
i have just successfully networked my pc to my laptop(the cheap way) ! I thought about going wireless but maybe later. My question is do i only need a firewall on the host pc (mcafee) or do i need to have it on the laptop too?? thanks in advance
July 5th 03 05:22 PM
by Conor Go to last post
1 514
Will any 802.11g wireless access point work with an Apple Airport Extreme card? by Cuffy
"junky_dan" wrote in message ... I'm the very happy owner of a new G4 Powerbook, and I'm looking to add wireless networking (by buying an Airport Extreme card). However, I'd prefer not to pay over the odds for Apple's Airport Extreme base station if another manufacturer's wi-fi access point will work just as well. ...
July 5th 03 05:03 PM
by Cuffy Go to last post
0 427
Will any 802.11g wireless access point work with an Apple Airport Extreme card? by Dave
Devices from different mfgrs which are manufactured to the same standard should in theory work together. But most people don't recommend mixing manufacturers. Imagine if you have a problem with the connection and need technical support or try to make good on a warranty - one company is going to blame the other's product. "junky_dan" wrote in...
July 4th 03 10:12 PM
by deKay Go to last post
1 489
Will any 802.11g wireless access point work with an AppleAirport Extreme card? by David Elsworth
in article , junky_dan at wrote on 2/7/03 3:48 pm: I'm the very happy owner of a new G4 Powerbook, and I'm looking to add wireless networking (by buying an Airport Extreme card). However, I'd prefer not to pay over the odds for Apple's Airport Extreme base station if another manufacturer's wi-fi access point will work just...
July 4th 03 09:50 PM
by David Elsworth Go to last post
0 490
Replacing Atenna On Wirelless Acess Point by Brenton Spear
Search for cantenna. This is more directional than omini-directional but it will give you a starting point. To change the AP from internal antenna to external you would need a pigtail and some cable to attach between the cable (LNR-400) and the aerial. Brenton "Dean" wrote in message ...
July 4th 03 01:40 PM
by Brenton Spear Go to last post
0 378
Simple question by Red Nose
"Rob Morley" wrote in message ... In article , says... Here's the simple question. If I am running Windows XP and my wife is running Windows 98, and we're both connected to a router, which is connected a modem, which is connected to Ultrafast wireless...
July 4th 03 11:19 AM
by Rob Morley Go to last post
1 521
Wireless Network Bridge by Paul
"Timothy Creswick" wrote in message ... Hi, I presently have two totally sperate wired networks in two adjacent buildings, either side of a roadway. I would like to bridge these networks, and cable isn't really an option. If I buy two wireless base-stations, will these behave as a wireless
July 4th 03 12:28 AM
by Paul Go to last post
0 574
Wireless solution by Eddy
I was wondering if there is a complete wireless solution for laptop networking, what I'm looking is a kit that will allow me to connect my base PC, with my laptop, and allow me to share an internet connection, and also control my base pc, I know of PC anyware software, for the control part of it, but I need to make sure that it is an encrypted connection as I might be sending sensitive...
July 3rd 03 12:52 PM
by Eddy Go to last post
0 474
E-mail problems. by Nathan Higgins
Virus? If the e-mail is 10mb i presume it has a large attatchment, why not send the file through the network with file & print sharing (make a share on the laptop and copy the file into there) ? -- Nathan D Higgins Website: http://nathan.link9.net/ Email: nathanlink9net Hosting: http://www.link9.net
July 3rd 03 11:50 AM
by Nathan Higgins Go to last post
0 503
WinME PC can't see WinXP PC by Falkon
"Mr. Nangla" wrote in message ... also ensure that you're not running any other firewalls, e.g. the latest version of pc-cillin (whatever the spelling) has a built in firewall, i din't realise this for about 3 weeks. Can you access the ME machine if not what's the message? sham
June 26th 03 02:22 AM
by Falkon Go to last post
1 523
Post New Thread