Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Pprint Wirelessly? by Richard
Can I stick one bluetooth dongle USB2 in my laptop and another USB1 in my printer and print wirelessly? -- Regards Richard UK
November 1st 06 09:59 PM
by Richard Go to last post
9 197
Beautiful women, aged clones, and Ultimate Fighting Championship by [email protected]
Friend, I'm always looking for good and intelligent individuals like you to visit my website, www.ChezBrandon.com , and it has pictures of beautiful women, information about aged clones, and a link to Ultimate Fighting Championship, a very good show. My name is Brandon, and I'm in my 20s, am a college student, and as lie detectors, both conventional and unconventional would show, I've...
November 1st 06 01:28 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 170
Network Bridge by Geoff Lane
Saw a Belkin device recently, it is a Bluetooth Access Point and Print Server (URL below). http://tinyurl.com/y4rkue For a print server it appears more economically priced than conventional WiFi or wired LAN print servers. Now the bluetooth access point would be quite useful, I've currently
October 31st 06 09:45 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
0 165
Who is connected to my network ? by Ray
Does anyone know of a simple program that can be run on the desktop in windows XP that shows a list of currently online computers connected to a network? I am seeking such a program to help me see at a glance which PC's are currently switched on and connected. Not sure if one exists, but I only want something really simple that doesn't take up a lot of resources, but one which can sit on the...
October 31st 06 04:42 PM
by Go to last post
8 222
NTL port forwarding by Alex
Hi*All,* I*want*to*set*up*remote*access*to*my*machine*via*my*NTL*cable** broadband.*However,*I*cannot*find*where*to*enable*port*forwarding*on** the*cable*modem.* * When*I*point*my*browser*to*192.168.100.1*I*see*a*diagnostic*page** listing*some*info*about*the*modem,*but*it*doesn't*allow*me*so** configure*port*forwarding*or*any*other*settings.* * Does*anyone*know*where*i*can*set*port*forwarding*with...
October 31st 06 03:10 AM
by TGTBT Media Web Design & Hosting Services Go to last post
7 406
Channel 7 eratic by Geoff Lane
Strange effect on my WiFi recently. I operate encryption over channel 7, no obvious interference and adjoining property empty. Today I had very eratic signal strength to my Access Point, getting on occasions 500ms plus ping rate even though in same room as AP. Changed to channel 3 and now fine, no strange weather or obvious electrical equipment running either.
October 31st 06 02:57 AM
by TGTBT Media Web Design & Hosting Services Go to last post
2 209
TV over LAN - advice please by Dr Zoidberg
In our new office building we are planning on having a few flat screens scattered about the building and need a way of distributing a video feed to them. As far as I can see we have a number of options. 1) Coax feeds to all locations - needs RF output from video source , not easy to move screens. 2) Composite video/RGB + audio feeds to all locations - easier to connect to multiple sources ,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
October 30th 06 08:44 PM
by TGTBT Media Web Design & Hosting Services Go to last post
22 470
More than one network by Jack Ouzzi
A complicated subject networking, coupled with my simple old brain so if its a daft question, just sit me down in a chair with a can of something. Is it possible for a client (see I'm learning the terms) computer to connect to more that one network? My laptop connects via wireless to my home network (WPA-PSK) with a couple of desktops in other rooms (wired) to the netowrk called "HOME"
October 30th 06 08:28 PM
by TGTBT Media Web Design & Hosting Services Go to last post
3 175
Will I gain anything running a gigabit switch with a 100M router? by JohnW
I have a linksys router that seems to do a good job of routing! I have now got several gigabit devices plugged into it. Would I achieve a significant speed increase by getting a gigabit switch and plugging all my new devices into it and simply ask the router to route or would the fact that that router is limited to 100M at each port of it's switch limit me?
October 30th 06 07:50 PM
by TGTBT Media Web Design & Hosting Services Go to last post
5 182
Voip adaptor on netgear router by speckled hen
I have just managed to get working (after a long slog for a newbie) to get a linksys voip adaptor working to my netgear dg834 router. now i can access the admin menu on the linksys if i plug directly into a lan port on it. question is how can i access the linksys from other pcs on the network? using its own internal ip address (as i would use with direct connection ) does not work. am i missing...
October 30th 06 05:02 PM
by speckled hen Go to last post
4 223
XP Pro dns problem long'ish by jas0n
I had a problem with someones personal laptop, an XP Pro SP2 machine on a site running a cisco 837 adsl router. The router is set as a bog standard nat'd broadband connection handing out dhcp as follows:- IP's: 192.168.25.10 to 239 Mask: 255.255.255.0 GWay: 192.168.25.2 (router internal ip)
October 30th 06 03:07 PM
by ric Go to last post
4 180
router wireless router/adsl modem comparison by felix
solwise adsl sar 600ew vs. Netgear DG834? The netgear is cheaper, has good security config and range, but is apparently not so reliable and has slow wireless transfer rates (http://www.adslguide.org. uk/hardware/reviews/2004/q3/netgear-dg834g.asp). The solwise (http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl-sar600ew.htm#SPECS) has a good reputation for reliability, but some firmware issues for port...
October 29th 06 09:28 AM
by felix Go to last post
0 151
TEW-431BRP router by [email protected]
Any one know does this TEW-431BRP router support WDS mode and/or Client mode ?
October 28th 06 11:59 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 182
Adding a HDD to Linksys WAG354G by Scooby Doo
I want to add a hard drive to my Linksys WAG354G - can someone please recommend an external HDD that would work with the Linksys, pref around the 250-320 GB size. Thanks
October 28th 06 06:12 PM
by norm Go to last post
2 191
Bluetooth LAN Print Server by Geoff Lane
Saw a Belkin device recently, it is a Bluetooth Access Point and Print Server (URL below). http://tinyurl.com/y4rkue For a print server it appears more economically priced than conventional WiFi or wired LAN print servers. Now the bluetooth access point would be quite useful, I've currently got a Wifi access point plugged in to a 4 port router so I am wondering; if I
October 28th 06 03:16 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
0 155
Two routers - one network by Rojo Habe
I've just added a Linksys RT31P-UV VOIP router to my system and signed up with Vonage. If I plug this router into my cable modem and then plug my existing Linksys WRT54G wireles router into one of its LAN ports, everything works fine(ish) straight out of the box. I say "ish" because sometimes web pages won't load on the first attempt, and require one or two refreshes to load properly. ...
October 27th 06 09:57 PM
by Rojo Habe Go to last post
9 198
network security by Phil Kyle
Tony Wright verbally sodomised in : In message , Jon Barker writes Yes, but the fact he/she is using your network without your consent means the law is still on your side, best keep those network logs somewhere safe for the future.
October 25th 06 09:44 PM
by Phil Kyle Go to last post
0 159
Sharing Bandwidth on Router by Coop
Recently bought a router from Ebuyer (manufacture - SBRU-10100 ) its a cheap and cheerful little router and was easy to set up. The problem i have is that as there is 3 pcs set up on it its shares the bandwidth 3 ways regardless of if they is only 1 pc turned on. This is a nightmare when im downloading at 3mb when it should be 10mb. Complete noob with routers (hence me going for cheap...
October 25th 06 09:02 PM
by Jon Go to last post
7 225
Spare ADSL Router by Geoff Lane
Can a spare adsl modem/router be put to any decent use. I know a cable modem/router can be plugged in the back of another and create a second doubled NATed network but I am wondering if a second adsl modem/router can be of any use. Geoff Lane
October 25th 06 07:15 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
4 270
sky broadband - port forwarding by ric
Hi All, Anyone confirm if you can use DMZ and port-forwarding with the Sky free broadband offer? No decent info on the web that I can find to say for definite, and given the 12 month's lockin I don't want to be stuck with a lemon. Any info on port blocking useful, too. Ric
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 25th 06 09:47 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
12 432