Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Question about i-plate by les
Have ordered an i-plate just to see if it will help my broadband connection. However my wireless modem is not connected to the main master box, its in the first extension. Will I need to move my modem to the main master box or will the i- plate isolate the bell wire prior to the extension? I used to have it plugged into the master socket but its more convenient as I have an airport adapter...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
August 29th 09 10:06 PM
by Kráftéé Go to last post
10 414
BT ADSL Max Upsteam Speed ? by Mark Carver
My father has just had his IP-Stream based ADSL service upgraded from a fixed 2 Meg service, to an 'up to 8 Meg' rate adaptive service. I've taken a look at his router stats. d/s sync 7.6 Meg u/s 832 k SNR was hovering between 8 and 9 dB Before the upgrade it was 2.2M d/s, 256k u/s SNR 24-25 dB (as the crow flies line length is 820 metres, small rural exchange)
August 29th 09 09:19 PM
by Ian Cummings Go to last post
5 338
Look, this is new: all methods on 1 page! NEWEST American OPRA Trends by Scherpo
http://www.infobooks.nl/afslanken.html
August 28th 09 04:38 PM
by Scherpo Go to last post
0 235
Suggestions required for phone and broadband only in a Virgin Mediacabled property by James Salisbury
Hi, I am looking for suggestions for broadband and phone in a Virgin Media cabled property, no serviceable BT line location Newcastle. I would like a unmetered package, have been using Pipex business Lite previously. Thanks James Salisbury
August 27th 09 02:48 PM
by JR Go to last post
4 195
BT newsgroups missing by Homer Simpson
The BT newsgroups (such as bt.broadband.support and bt.internet.users.chat amongst others) are closed to the public, allowing only customers of BT Internet (or whatever it's called today) to see/take part in them and the feed is provided by GigaNews. Unfortunately, all the BT newsgroups have disappeared from the server (at least for me anyway), giving Error 411 - no such group. That means,...
August 26th 09 11:51 PM
by Pete Zahut Go to last post
7 229
Location of mobile phone transmitters - an answer by bod43
Hi, Following on from a recent discussion on mobile broadband signal strength I thought that some of you might like this. http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/ Ofcom seem to provide maps showing the location of all mobile phone transmitters. This might be useful when trying to determine from which window to dangle the dongle.
August 26th 09 11:08 AM
by Brian Mc Go to last post
8 217
Mobile broadband by J B
I'm considering the purchase of a 'holiday home' in North Wales. Morfa Bychan near Porthmadog. I know nowt about mobile BB as I'm quite happy with my plusnet service at home. The guy in the computer shop in Porthmadog recommended 'Three' as if all else fails they will 'roam' on another network to get a signal. Is that true? I switched my Orange phone to the UTMS setting there and it said 'no...
August 26th 09 05:26 AM
by bod43 Go to last post
9 363
VM cable 10M upload trial by alexd
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4006-virgin-media-complete-50meg-rollout- and-trial-10meg-upstream.html Anybody know of any other sources for this? VM sales had no idea what I was talking about. -- http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) ) 22:38:01 up 110 days, 15:11, 3 users, load average: 0.57, 0.54, 0.40 "If being trapped in a tropical swamp with Anthony Worral-Thompson...
August 25th 09 05:49 PM
by The dog from that film you saw Go to last post
1 200
Changing ISP smoothly.. by The Natural Philosopher
Ok, time to bite the bullet and get rid of a load of legacy junk. Currently I have two phone lines, one of which has broadband, and whose number I do not want to keep. The other does not, and I would like broadband on that with a new supplier. I run various domains hosted on my own (internal) web server. I manage a few sites who will reject me unless I am on my old IP
August 25th 09 01:00 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
9 254
3Network mobile broadband addressing and routing by James Egan
I am a bit puzzled by one or two 3mobile broadband issues and was hoping someone might be able to explain it for me. In particular I was wondering about port forwarding on my HSDPA/UMTS router and whether or not it would work. The three.co.uk website actually has a "how to" for setting up port forwarding on a Huawei D100 router so I guess it's supposed to work but I don't know how. I was...
August 24th 09 09:19 PM
by James Egan Go to last post
6 274
I need a new modem/router by Dave Saville
I have just been upgraded to 21CN and ADSL2+. My Zyxel P660R-61C does not like to play ball and gives dreadful sync rates. I have dropped from 8m to 3.5 :-( So I need a new one. Googling around there do seem to be problems with Zyxels in general (and almost anything really). I was steered towards Billion, but they can't handle multiple WAN addresses (I have 8). I don't need a bult in switch...
August 24th 09 03:19 PM
by Mark Go to last post
7 219
Daily 10mintit earn RS.20,000 above in month by saji
EARN MONEY RS.20000 ABOVE IN MONTH JUST IN CLICK REFFERAL:saravananaviji www.bigmoneyptc.com( reffer:saravananaviji) www.richptc.com ( reffer:saravananaviji) www.grandptc.com (reffer:saravanansaji)
August 24th 09 09:13 AM
by saji Go to last post
0 203
sky netgear wifi query - help please by Sgt Pepper
I have a Sky Netgear router, which works fine - except for wifi linking with my Dell Inspiron laptop. I can get the Dell internal wireless connection to work with various routers, but not the Sky one. I've even tried switching off encryption altogether. It attemps to make a connection - but just keeps dropping. My brother and a friend have exactly the same problem with their...
August 23rd 09 10:42 PM
by Colin Wilson Go to last post
7 417
Equivalent to Wireshark for wireless adapters? by Peter Crosland
As per the title really. Peter Crosland
August 23rd 09 08:51 PM
by Adrian C Go to last post
9 435
How to offer broadband without phone call charges? by Anthony R. Gold
I'd like to offer to some young college boys who are sharing their first flat a DSL Internet connection but without exposing myself to vast phone call charges. The boys all have their own mobile phones and they say they don't need any wire line phone service. What phone service or tariff is available that will provide the needed copper circuit for DSL but without unlimited exposure to calling...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 23rd 09 10:15 AM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
42 1,112
Linksys router changed language??? How to fix? by Tony Mountifield
My parents have a Linksys WAG54GS router which they have had for a long time. Today, they called me to say their Internet had gone down (Talktalk). When I asked them to go into the router at http://192.168.1.1, after they entered the router username and password correctly, the admin pages all came up in French! This is bizarre, because only recently I was in there and it was in English as it...
August 22nd 09 09:38 PM
by alexd Go to last post
9 264
Help Using BT Hub Phone 1010 by hamsatuk
Hi Is it possible to use a BT Hub Phone 1010 Router with another ISP other than BT Broadband. If yes does anybody have the basic settings that have to be changed to enable this to happen. My ISP is Pipex. Thanks Tony
August 22nd 09 01:57 PM
by Pete Zahut Go to last post
1 261
Sky increase from 16Mb to 20Mb by Abo
I get 12-13Mb at the moment; am I likely to see a proportional increase when Sky do the upgrade, or are they just in effect raising a speed cap and I'm already at the maximum for my line?
August 22nd 09 01:46 PM
by Jono Go to last post
3 261
You and Yours by Mark Carver
2Bdecided wrote: Anyway, horses for courses - use the terrestrial broadcasts for live listening in the car - but enjoy the higher quality and increased choice of internet radio around the house. and garden. and office. and hotel room. and... anywhere else there's an internet connection! Make sure you don't go over your download limit though, and most 'unlimited' ADSL internet packages...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
August 21st 09 12:14 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
19 932
2Wire/BT 2700HGV Icons change by Burton Bradstock
Strange... I was checking the Device List on my 2700, and the mouse cursor passed over the Voice Network icon on the Summary page. The icon 'blued out' in to a TV shape, then a fresh icon appeared in its place. AFAICS all the icons on the System page have changed to new ones. Software appears to be the same as it was, version 5.29.117.3.
August 20th 09 12:38 AM
by Burton Bradstock Go to last post
0 322
Post New Thread