Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Pubs and Free WiFi? by Up Yours!
Why is that some pubs/bars/coffee shops have different connection speeds? My local weatherspoons has a speed of around 1.5mb, Costa has around 3mb and Qua Pasa has 7mb, Do they limit it? -- Bah Humbug!
December 6th 09 05:00 PM
by Andy Champ Go to last post
5 299
Moncler fashion clothing - Discount by yue
Moncler fashion clothing at luxury-fashion.org. Shop popular stores to find Moncler clothing on sale - all in one place. Create and share looks based on all your favorite styles. Find the newest styles he http://www.luxury-fashion.org/static/Apparels/Moncler-Jacket-002.html Welcome contact us free !
December 5th 09 01:47 PM
by yue Go to last post
0 267
What is a normal "tickover" level of data flow to a router? by John Geddes
Can anyone suggest a normal range of tickover" data flow to and from an idle router under ADSL? How much more would one expect if the router was maintaining two VOIP accounts (but with no calls are taking place)? John Geddes Derbyshire
December 4th 09 11:22 PM
by Ato_Zee Go to last post
6 325
Free pseudo-anonymous remailer? by Mark
Hi, I am looking for a new (free) pseudo-anonymous remailer to provide disposable email addresses to help combat spam. The one I currently use is no longer free. The ability to create separate email addresses for each organisation I deal with is essential and I must be able to send and receive emails via the service. One that does not require any extra software to be installed would be best.
December 4th 09 03:09 PM
by David Quinton Go to last post
6 371
Authentic e-uggs by bootscardy
The Ugg Australia Brand by the American company Deckers is a popular maker of Ugg Boots and fashion footwear. As we specialize in Australian made Ugg Boots we do not sell Ugg Australia brand boots on this site but due to popular demand we can offer Ugg Australia Brand at our affiliated site:e-uggs.com
December 4th 09 07:38 AM
by bootscardy Go to last post
0 270
09-uggmax by bootscardy
Only Wear the Very Best - UGG BOOTS Australia There are lots of Ugg Boot brands - Why Wear UGG Australia? UGG Australia are the authentic UGG Boots that the celebrities wear and have become so popular that the phrase 'Ugg Boots' has become synonymous with the brand. Besides that there are many specific reasons to buy the UGG Australia brand only cheap ugg on sale:uggmax.com
December 4th 09 07:36 AM
by bootscardy Go to last post
0 259
Topping up on 3 mobile BB? by Steve
I am part way through a month (ten days to go), and I think I am close to the limit, can I top up again and start a new month from today? Not sure how it works on PAYG using my phone (S2) and the three website is not helpful. Well I have not found anything helpful on this subject anyway. Thanks Steve
December 3rd 09 06:57 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
6 457
Netgear security by darby
I am trying to help my daughter set up her Netgear router on a Dell Inspiron Windows XP computer which has a D-Link wireless adapter fitted from a previous set up. I am informed by Netgear that I cannot enable WPA security unless I fit a Netgear wireless adapter. I am getting a bit out of my depth here and wonder if someone can advise me. Thank you.
December 3rd 09 03:42 PM
by Smurf Go to last post
9 397
Fantastic BT offer! by Charles Unt
I had a rather interesting phone call from BT last evening about their broadband offerings. After explaining that I was very happy with my ISP and GBP 14.40 a month charge, the BT droid insisted that he could give me broadband cheaper. When pressed he stated GBP 7.99 per month with an 18 month contract. I of course said how long before the real cost applies and he said that the 7.99 was for...
December 3rd 09 03:34 PM
by Lynn W Go to last post
8 375
What does this malicious website do? by Peter
A number of internet forums have recently been hacked. One of them got hacked and the HTTP code included a link to this http://nextgirl.cn/promo/index.php The way the redirection was implemented (not a detail I understand) was picked up my Kaspersky AV, which is fine, but they never replied to my email asking them what the target site actually did to one's PC.
December 3rd 09 02:51 PM
by Adrian C Go to last post
8 470
BT versus O2 Broadband by Lynn W
Just want to clarify with everyone that I have got this right. If I swap from BT Broadband to O2 I will still have to pay Line Rental to BT. So in essence my charges from O2 would be 9.79 for the Premium account plus the BT Line Rental per month. Lynn
December 3rd 09 10:32 AM
by Me Go to last post
6 996
Sir Micheal Rake gets SDSL in village 'not spot' by Nick
"Spamtastic Spastic" wrote in message ... http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/BT-Boss-Has-Only-Broadband-In- The-Village-Hambleden-Resident-Gary-Ashworth-Angry-Over-Trial/ Article/200911415479770? lpos=Business_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_9&lid=ARTICLE_15479770_BT_Boss_Has_Only_Broadband_In_The_Village ...
December 3rd 09 09:01 AM
by Spamtastic Spastic Go to last post
7 853
Ubuntu downloads on cable horrifically slow, after a while by alexd
Has anybody else seen this? If I try to apt-get install something on my laptop in the office the download starts out fast, then drops down to ~4kBps: # wget http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/o/openjdk-6/openjdk-6-jre-headless_6b12-0ubuntu6.6_i386.deb --progress=dot --2009-12-01 15:49:55-- ...
December 3rd 09 08:49 AM
by Clint Sharp Go to last post
2 331
Three Broadband and Windows 7 by SantaUK
Hi folks I got 3 mobile Broadband a few months ago on the 5 gig a month contract. All was well in the land of XP. Got a new laptop with Windows 7, so I thought there would be no issues. After I installed the usual software, which incidentally, is the updated drivers for Windows 7 - it seemed to go okay, for about two minutes. The whole system just froze. I have tried for days, and the...
December 2nd 09 10:01 PM
by Lurch_supra Go to last post
9 378
BBC iPlayer via wii by John Geddes
A quick plug for the new "BBC iPlayer Channel" now available as a free (zero-points) download from the wii Shop channel. For anyone with a wii in the living room, a Broadband connection (with plenty of Gb/month) and a wireless router, this now offers a very convenient way of accessing iPlayer from the settee. John Geddes Derbyshire
November 30th 09 07:40 PM
by {{{{{Welcome}}}}} Go to last post
8 357
IDC Connections by Jeff Gaines
Is it acceptable to put more than one wire into one IDC connector? I want to wire in some extensions to the removable part of an NTE5. If so is the correct technique to add them one at a time. e.g. punch first one in then second one on top of first? If BT have used a couple of wires in the main incoming cable to take the signal back to an extension is it acceptable to connect those 2 wires to...
November 30th 09 05:25 PM
by Jeff Gaines Go to last post
5 404
PlusNet goes from bad to worse! by Vet Tech
My Plusnet connection drops from 5300Kbps in the morning to 270 Kbps between 4pm and 8pm every day. I'm paying 15 per month ( under one of their old premium packages) so I reckon they are taking money under false pretenses.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
November 30th 09 08:39 AM
by Vet Tech Go to last post
28 1,244
Using own router on BE broadband? by Vet Tech
I am considering switching to BE there. BE apparently supply their own modem/router and a set-up CD. Does this mean it's hard-wired in a particular way and that I couldn't use my own Netgear unit instead?
November 30th 09 12:19 AM
by Denis McMahon Go to last post
9 278
3 Mobile Broadband by Martin C
3 MobileBroadband @ PO8 9SA http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=1259366474&v=8558176 Anyone getting better speeds ? Martin C
November 29th 09 11:29 PM
by Brian Gregory [UK] Go to last post
6 299
Note BE broadband, no email services for new customers. by Adrian C
To all ye peeps thinking on swapping to Be Broadband and are not aware of it, BE broadband no longer offers their (paid extra) email services to new customers Ye have to get yer own ... gmx.co.uk googlemail etc ...
November 29th 09 10:22 PM
by George Weston Go to last post
3 227
Post New Thread