Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Any good 8-port LAN ADSL2+ routers with VPN? by S R
I have Demon Business Broadband, and a mix of wired and wireless devices. To reduce energy costs I'd like to replace the Netgear DG834N router with one that offers the following additional features: 1. 8 LAN ports instead of 4 2. A printer port and print server facility 3. Ability to filter remote access by MAC address (instead of just IP address) 4. Wireless, ADSL
September 10th 09 10:17 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
1 354
anyone know anything about voip and sipgate? by The Natural Philosopher
Trying to rationalise my systems here which will involve much messing around with ISPs, BT and the like and would like to use a second phone using VOIP..connected to my nice PABX. Now it seems that various boxes need to be put between the LAN and the PABX to turn VOIP into analogue phone, but I am terribly confused. I understand the need for registering with someone who has a VOIP - PSTN...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 9th 09 05:33 PM
by peteshew Go to last post
31 597
Which usb router by sprox
We are in need of a usb router for mobile broadband, we live out in the sticks and cannot get line based broadband, we can though get a good 3g signal from one bedroom so need to get the signal down stairs to the computer, we dont have a lot of spair cash so any ideas what is the best router at reasonable cost. Graham
September 8th 09 10:38 PM
by [Lnz] Go to last post
1 229
Sky Broadband by Mike
I am on dial up but will be applying for the Sky base broadband package this week as it will be cheaper than what I am currently paying. This limits me to 2GB download a month which I can't see myself exceeding BUT what would happen if I did. Would Sky send me a warning email when I got near the limit or what ? Mike
September 8th 09 12:59 PM
by Naz Go to last post
2 226
broadband by les
Im with aol at the moment and pay £35 per month including unlimited download and up to 8mb (only get 1.5mb) plus talk anytime, plus I pay BT £11.50 per month for line rental. I have till 31st May in the contract but can buy out at £18 per month so would cost £152, have noticed that prices have dropped a lot since I signed up. Am considering moving to a contact with another company, not sure which...
September 7th 09 06:57 PM
by les Go to last post
0 199
O2 don't seem to care about security! by Bob Eager
O2 broadband users might like to read this (especially if you have a Wireless Box II or a Wireless Box III): http://www.jibble.org/o2-broadband-fail/ --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 6th 09 07:13 PM
by Adrian C Go to last post
67 816
VoIP/Router Question by Howard Neil
Hi, I have been using VoIP for some time. My last Router/ATA was giving troubles so I have changed to a Thomson Speedtouch 716W. It is working perfectly except for one little anomaly. Instead of a dialling tone I am getting NU (a high pitched continuous tone). Both the phones running off the router are the same and both gave a normal dialling tone before. Using a softphone, I can hear a...
September 6th 09 02:40 PM
by Howard Neil Go to last post
6 238
RSPCA Abuse by RSPCA Abuse
Hello everyone. I just want to inform you of the latest atrocities committed by the RSPCA in the name of 'animal welfare'. Here are just a few stories of the very many out there that clearly demonstrate that the decision makers and PR machine at the top in the RSPCA is rotten to the core! RSPCA use a slaughtermans weapon to kill 10 GSD's DESPITE they claim to the donating publi that "They ONLY...
September 5th 09 11:39 PM
by Kráftéé Go to last post
5 338
Sky Broadband - Email & Newsgroup Questions by Mike
Presently on dialup and use POP3 email from my current ISPs mainly for receiving emails and also have a separate "Giganews" account. Could I ask here whether receiving POP3 email messages from old ISPs is still possible after transferring to (Sky) Broadband ,using the Broadband signal ? Mike.
September 5th 09 09:30 PM
by Ato_Zee Go to last post
2 214
Weird Outage at 10.50am by Simon Dean
Did anyone experience some kind of weird outage? Affected several of our clients around the country at around 10.50am. Strangest thing I've ever seen, from Warwickshire to West Midlands. Possibly mainly just affected Eclipse. But I've scoured all the forums and can't find anything. Any info?
September 4th 09 09:11 PM
by Frazer Go to last post
1 192
3 mobile broadband dongle by MB
Have 3 changed the system with these, sure it is well over 30 days since I added my last top-up but it still seems to be working. I wonder if they have responded to the Vodaphone top-up that does not expire after 30 days? MB
September 3rd 09 10:52 PM
by alexd Go to last post
5 311
Broadband -Newbie Questions by Mike
This year I want to move up from dial up to Sky's broadband which will be quicker and cheaper than what I am currently paying. However, over the years I have been happy with dialup, Pop3 access etc and only occasional connection problems. I want control and I currently connect to the Internet by manually clicking the connect button. I have visions of inserting the Sky broadband CD and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
September 3rd 09 10:49 AM
by James Egan Go to last post
10 383
New Router Blues by Adrian C
http://open.spotify.com/track/5ea2io1IZzP1r33HVXskLF -- Adrian C
September 2nd 09 10:49 AM
by Adrian C Go to last post
0 365
Establishing Broadband by species8350
Hi, A friend told me that the split needed to run phone and broadband is made at the exchange. But I have read that the split is made in the users home using a splitter. Can anyone explain.
September 2nd 09 12:40 AM
by species8350 Go to last post
3 204
BT Vision, any good? by Clive
Does BT Vision work over an standrad ADSL connection and how good or crap is it? My line only supports 1.5mbit, so I guess that wont be enough? Is it the waste of time I think it might be?
September 1st 09 04:43 PM
by Clive Go to last post
0 221
OT - LAN problem, XP by Harry Bloomfield
I used to be able to browse to other computers on my LAN to copy files and folders, except now I can't. My Computer and clicking 'View workgroup computers' just produces a bong error noise. My Network Places is also empty. I can ping, print to a LAN printer, use the internet, email and etc.. The problem only seems to be a problem on this one PC. Anyone know what might be wrong?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
August 31st 09 10:15 AM
by Harry Bloomfield Go to last post
12 318
Virgin broadband + phone bundle. by moose
I don't understand if the Virgin XL Unlimited deal here http://virgin.net/allyours/bbandphone/index.html is £20 a month including £11 line rental or £20 a month plus £11 line rental, it's confusing me;-) Does anybody know? Thanks, Moose
August 31st 09 03:02 AM
by xCx Go to last post
4 300
My ADSL tester for sale by Bassplus
Not that any of you twonks are bright enough to use it. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ADSL-dsl-broadband-tester-trend-linksys-cisco-bt- belkin_W0QQitemZ160357138203QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SRCH:GB:101
August 30th 09 06:33 PM
by Graham. Go to last post
3 289
XLN Telecom and their crap broadband by Dave
(FTR and the Google archive). We couldn't fault the phone side of XLN Telecom (it's good), but the broadband when we signed up for it was awful. The speed promised was "*UP TO* 8Mb broadband speed". Note the "up to" bit, that's their disclaimer. Right from the start it crawled and that was when it was working, which for the most part it didn't. When we needed to use it we found we had to...
August 30th 09 12:11 PM
by Dave J. Go to last post
7 307
How to escalate a complaint within OFCOM? by T
I have recently had cause to complain to Ofcom (and had to chase to get a reply) only to received a standard letter sent by someone who had clearly not bothered to read what I had written. Is there a procedure to escalate a complaint within Ofcom? Thanks
August 30th 09 10:39 AM
by Jono Go to last post
4 270
Post New Thread