Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Stuck On "Acquiring Network Address" by EW
Got a black (Sky) Netgear router , my activation date was yesterday. Plugged it in today ,the lights lit as they should including the Internet light from flashing amber,to amber then steady green. Both when trying by Ethernet and Wireless I am getting a message "Acquiring Network Address" and not progressing further with the connection. I have two XP laptops and have the same problem on...
September 25th 09 12:32 PM
by Graham J Go to last post
8 369
"Security in router link" TIA by sandy58
My main computer linked to spare PC by dongle. Will the spare PC be secured by the anti virus etc., software in the main PC or do I require a separate program and if so could I have suggestions regarding software, please? TIA
September 24th 09 07:44 PM
by sandy58 Go to last post
2 198
Using Ethernet Connection For First Time by EW
My SKY Broadband activation date is looming and despite reading the blurb I have some concerns regarding the initial connection via Ethernet. A Bit of background .. I have two recent laptops both with Ethernet ports running XP. I also have an old Windows98 desktop with an Ethernet PCI card not yet installed although it includes Windows98 in its specifications. At present I am on dialup and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 24th 09 02:46 PM
by Spamtastic Spastic Go to last post
61 735
Demon splurges details of 3,600 customers in billing email by Gordon Darling
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09/23/demon_password_giveaway/ Demon Internet sent thousands of business and government subscribers an email this morning telling them all about a new e-billing system, and tacked on details, including passwords, for 3,600 customers. Regards Gordon
September 24th 09 09:31 AM
by pete Go to last post
4 315
Is Sky Netgear DG834GT locked? by bod43
Hi, Is a "Sky Brtoadband" Netgear DG834G likely to be locked? Can it be unlocked without mucking about with hardware (such as speedtouch requires)? Any ideas as to the process? I had a bit of a look but nothing definitive popped out.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
September 23rd 09 07:31 PM
by Mike Tomlinson Go to last post
21 950
o2 customers risk prosecution due to security problem by Mark Carver
Roger wrote: If you currently use the o2 Wireless Box 2 or 3 you will no doubt be aware that o2 is supplying the routers and encouraging people to use them KNOWING there is a security problem. Well I received the following e-mail today from O2 presumably regarding this issue:- Quote:-
September 15th 09 06:51 PM
by Plusnet Support Team Go to last post
1 230
best value short term internet service in uS by washbison
Have wifi and modem dongle in UK but what is best way of staying connected in the us for a short period of a few weeks? regards Rob
September 15th 09 05:40 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
1 188
BT Scotland by Mick
Anybody know if Brendan Dick is still director for BT Scotland?
September 15th 09 05:38 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
8 456
Pigeon 'faster than broadband' by DB.
A Durban IT company pitted an 11-month-old bird armed with a 4GB memory stick against the ADSL service from the country's biggest web firm, Telkom. Winston the pigeon took two hours to carry the data 60 miles - in the same time the ADSL had sent 4% of the data. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8248056.stm -- DB.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
September 15th 09 10:12 AM
by Nigel Cliffe Go to last post
28 742
21cn pstn? by les
Im with aol at the moment and pay £35 per month including unlimited download and up to 8mb (only get 1.5mb) plus talk anytime, plus I pay BT £11.50 per month for line rental. I have till 31st May in the contract but can buy out at £18 per month so would cost £152, have noticed that prices have dropped a lot since I signed up. Am considering moving to a contact with another company, not sure which...
September 14th 09 11:07 PM
by J.R.Hartley Go to last post
3 178
Where does this 80% come from. by Lawrie
I live quite a long way from my exchange and appear to be lucky to get about 500 kbps maximum speed. But what really annoys me is that every time I look at getting special offers and free broadband and that kind of thing that the companies say apply to 80% of the country, I am told that I can't get any of these and I have to pay a higher price. Yet I live in Wokingham, next to Reading in the...
September 14th 09 10:23 PM
by George Weston Go to last post
8 188
Adding Email Addresses by DW
I have a Sky.com email address and would like to know if it is possible to have additional Sky.com addresses created and added to the account so that they can be deleted if necessary at a later date because of spam etc. I can't find anything about this when looking at Skys email pages. Thanks. DW
September 13th 09 05:36 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
6 407
atm traffic occuoies all the bandwidth by Ilir
The adsl modem is synchronized but no pppoe session is initialized by modem. And what I see is that all the bandwidth between the modem and DSLAM is occupied by ATM traffic. This makes the log on procedure almost impossible. Does anyone know where does all this traffic come from and how it can be minimised?
September 13th 09 10:47 AM
by Graham J Go to last post
4 178
'That' Firefox Security Hole.... by Spamtastic Spastic
http://www.milw0rm.com/exploits/9651 -- political correctness: The safety net protecting deaf blind disabled ethnic minority gays & lesbians with odd religious beliefs from reality
September 12th 09 08:54 PM
by Spamtastic Spastic Go to last post
0 302
Vodafone mobile broadband settings by Mr_Blobby
I am trying to set-up vodafone mobile broadband with a PAYG sim card and and unlocked ZTE MF627 modem. I have looked through a number of websites to find out all the settings but it's simply not connecting. I get the error message "A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed". The settings I have a APN: pp.vodafone.co.uk (also...
September 11th 09 09:44 PM
by Mr_Blobby Go to last post
2 511
BT out of the picture for fast broadband? by Bob Smith
Has BT lost te race to be a fast broadband provider? Seeing as they have not got an infrastructure in place to provide fast broadband (I am talking 50~100 mbit or more), and looking at what they have not done to make this happen, it looks increasingly unlikely that BT will ever be able to provide such high speeds needed to progress the digital age any further. My question is, when will the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 11th 09 02:44 PM
by Kráftéé Go to last post
144 1,624
DNS problem West Midlands..? by Ivor Jones
Since around 2330 last night I've been unable to view any web pages, get any mail and none of my VoIP lines are working. I suspect a DNS problem but this router (AVM Fritz!Box) doesn't permit setting of any alternatives. I'm getting sync with the exchange and also an IP address but can't do anything. Has anyone here experienced a problem using Orange (or whatever they're called this week) in...
September 11th 09 02:47 AM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
4 277
Any good 8-port LAN ADSL2+ routers with VPN? by S R
I have Demon Business Broadband, and a mix of wired and wireless devices. To reduce energy costs I'd like to replace the Netgear DG834N router with one that offers the following additional features: 1. 8 LAN ports instead of 4 2. A printer port and print server facility 3. Ability to filter remote access by MAC address (instead of just IP address) 4. Wireless, ADSL
September 10th 09 09:17 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
1 362
anyone know anything about voip and sipgate? by The Natural Philosopher
Trying to rationalise my systems here which will involve much messing around with ISPs, BT and the like and would like to use a second phone using VOIP..connected to my nice PABX. Now it seems that various boxes need to be put between the LAN and the PABX to turn VOIP into analogue phone, but I am terribly confused. I understand the need for registering with someone who has a VOIP - PSTN...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 9th 09 04:33 PM
by peteshew Go to last post
31 622
Which usb router by sprox
We are in need of a usb router for mobile broadband, we live out in the sticks and cannot get line based broadband, we can though get a good 3g signal from one bedroom so need to get the signal down stairs to the computer, we dont have a lot of spair cash so any ideas what is the best router at reasonable cost. Graham
September 8th 09 09:38 PM
by [Lnz] Go to last post
1 233
Post New Thread