Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
VPN support in an ADSL router? by NoMailWanted
A friend has a few PCs at home (ADSL, dynamic IP) and a number of others at his shop (ADSL, fixed IP) and wants to be able to link the two (mostly for file sharing for images and data on his shop website). He's wanting the home (office) PC to fit into the shop network, and will want to access a number of different machines. Anyone know if any routers can act as the VPN host such that he doesn't...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 23rd 09 07:00 PM
by alexd Go to last post
17 435
UK MySQL hosting with SSH? by The Natural Philosopher
Geoff Cox wrote: Hello, Any suggestions for UK based hosting company offering php mysql with ssh access Cross posted to uk.telecom.broadabnd, who might have more idea than the
June 22nd 09 08:25 PM
by Markus G. Klötzer Go to last post
3 184
WE7 data per hour ? by Broadband King
Looking into USB Broadband, I listen to WE7 music whilst web browsing, on an hourly basis, how much data am I downloading listening to WE7 ? (I know the other amounts, all quite low for me) TIA
June 22nd 09 06:50 PM
by Alex Fraser Go to last post
1 161
BT bill dispute by Fred
Hello, Please forgive my cross-post, I wasn't sure which was the best forum to ask these questions in as they relate to both telephone and broadband services. I signed up to BT broadband a long time ago. I was on option one which was fine for a long time. Then last summer we started to exceed our usage. Each month we were fined. it was only a few pounds per month but I asked BT if we could...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 22nd 09 09:52 AM
by eps Go to last post
11 290
Which router? by The Natural Philosopher
I got a bit of a shock last night..my ageing D-link that can JUST ABOUT do 4000kbps was temporarily replaced by a friends Belkin, to test it and see if it worked. 5700kbps. Oh dear.. ANYWAY. it looks like a more modern router is the thing..so.. What can do
June 19th 09 10:28 PM
by Kráftéé Go to last post
9 258
50p tarrif per month on your phone - to pay for broadband. by The dog from that film you saw
that's the new government idea - if it gets me 100mbit that's great - but i imagine they are thinking a pitiful 2mbit. -- Gareth. that fly...... is your magic wand....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 19th 09 07:49 PM
by Old Codger Go to last post
78 877
How essential dust shutters on wall socket? by Eddie
Is the dust really likely to cause problems for the electrical contacts if I remove the dust shutter on my socket, leave the socket empty for many months and then later put a plug n? Please don't ask why: it's too complicated to explain! I'm half hoping the shutter is present as a second level of dust protection because there might be some dust-removing capability built into the design of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 19th 09 09:45 AM
by Yoss1960 Go to last post
54 836
BT broadband option 3: how much do you pay? by Fred
Hello, Further to my ongoing battle with BT, I am very concerned about BT's lack of honesty and transparency with their broadband pricing. Option 3 is advertised as being 24pm. Yet I was offered it for £19pm until they said I was not eligible due to my on-going fight (see other thread). My neighbour has said that he has been offered it for £19pm too. It seems very unfair that some people get it...
June 18th 09 02:04 PM
by Fred Go to last post
0 115
Which Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router? by [email protected]
My ISP (Demon) is about to 'upgrade' me to ADSL2+ and my current modem/router - Draytek Vigor 2600G - doesn't support this and can't be upgraded to do so. My understanding is that it ought to continue to work but perhaps with reduced performance. However, I have seen reports of problems with various routers following upgrades of the service to ADSL2+ so I am not assuming it will continue to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 18th 09 09:44 AM
by Mark Go to last post
33 703
Yesterday's extra hot vindaloo by Mikey
I've just been for a **** and now my arsehole is spasming and gaping. What should I do?
June 16th 09 07:45 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
9 184
Which Make And Model Of Modem/Router? by Paul Maskell
Hello, I'm in the market for a new up to date WiFi Modem Router. My current model is a Netgear DG834 V3 and I'm so sick of it keep dropping connections. I would prefer my new Modem Router to have INTERNAL aerials as I think they look better.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 16th 09 01:04 PM
by Grant Go to last post
18 298
User-configurable mail-filtering on ISPs' servers? by Jeremy Nicoll - news posts
Does anyone know of any ISPs who allow users to define versatile filters for mails? Lots seem to allow simple filters, eg on who a mail came from or who it is addressed to. But I'm looking for somewhere where one can use boolean logic to link several tests together, and tests that can involve regex, and access by those tests to all the headers in each mail as well as info like how big each...
June 15th 09 07:34 PM
by alexd Go to last post
9 196
2Wire 2700HGV & Orange UMA Connection by jel183\(UK\)
I have an eBay purchased 2Wire 2700HGV (v.6 firmware) and my ISP is BT Total Broadband Option 3. My problem is that I can't get Orange UMA to work on my Blackberry 8900 via the WiFi connection. My BB connects to the router but I am unable to get a UMA signal. I have turned off the router firewall to the BB device. My previous router/modem was a Voyager 2110 with which the BB had no...
June 15th 09 04:30 PM
by jel183\(UK\) Go to last post
0 339
OT Leeds: Girl, 13, Gang Raped by a Dozen Muslims by Kay Robinson
On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 19:40:14 +0200, J G Miller sharpened a new quill and scratched: On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 12:11:30 +0100, Kay Robinson wrote: If you're an Anglo-Saxon your origins are celtic. Not at all -- the Celtic tribes were quite distinct from the Germanic tribes, and the differences in appearance, customs, languages, and religion are readily apparent for all to...
June 15th 09 03:12 PM
by Kay Robinson Go to last post
0 145
Nick Griffin MEP Will Represent All Constituents and Walk Where Others Fear to Tread by R. Mark Clayton
"Steve Terry" wrote in message ... "?Love Europe, Hate the EU?" wrote in message ... The newly elected Member of the European Parliament for the North West region, Nick Griffin MEP, will represent all constituents in...
June 15th 09 02:08 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
0 98
BT wants BBC to pay for bandwidth used by its customers by alexd
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2009/06/bt_and_the_iplayer.html BT need to take their ideas and shove them where they never see the light of day again. If the BBC give any ground over this, what other nonsense are they going to come up with? Their Phorm shenanigans show they'll **** over their users at the slightest opportunity, so I dread to think what else they'll come up with. -- ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 15th 09 12:21 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
44 482
Domain hosting query by TheMongKey
Our current domain host Claranet is limiting our POP mailbox size to 100MB from 30th June. This is not a problem during the day as we check and empty it every 5 minutes but it's a different story at night and I can see us hitting the limit and getting emails bounced which would not make us look good. Can anyone recommend a host without such a stupidly low limit? It needs to be one catch-all...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 14th 09 09:11 PM
by Joker7 Go to last post
34 507
PPPoA failure by Graham J
Some years ago I arranged a Zen account for a friend, and supplied a Sweex CC300011 router. The connection appeared to work reliably. The exchange is very near (a few hundred yards), and the line download rate is over 7Mbits/sec with a good SNR margin. My friend decided she would boost her income by re-selling Utility Warehouse. She therefore felt obliged to buy her internet connection...
June 13th 09 12:39 PM
by Graham J Go to last post
0 403
Sky television by Bill Ridgeway
I'm thinking about getting Sky television. Sky says it's delivered over the telephone wire not, as I thought, through a dish. I already have Internet broadband. I'm concerned that also getting television may not be a good thing. For example we're told that copper wire has a finite capacity. Will it take broadband, telephone and television without degrading those services? Thanks. Bill...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 11th 09 10:46 PM
by Graham. Go to last post
40 959
Good old Plus Net down again (Mail) by Paul
Smack bang in the middle of rush hour!! Try to schedule these things late at night please. Not prime time.
June 10th 09 03:20 PM
by Plusnet Support Team Go to last post
5 143
Post New Thread