Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
TalkTalk Bill Change - Why??? by Jane T
TalkTalk used to send me a paper bill but then they changed it and sent my bill electronically (email). I have no problem with this, I am happy for the company to save money under the pretence of carbon footprint. Now TalkTalk have informed me that they will no longer send me a bill but I have to go to the trouble of logging into my account to view my bill. WHY???? What is it with telecoms...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 10th 09 12:40 AM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
12 177
Be Pro by Simon Dean
Doesn't seem to be much in here. After having my connection limited again on Plus Net after paying for 20 Gig on Premier but getting 12 Gig before limits are applied, I think the time has come for me to change. I could go with Pro, which restricts my quota access. Instead of midnight to 4pm, it would then be midnight to 8am. Although the line is unrestricted, it would be a new 12 month...
June 9th 09 07:16 PM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
8 194
Another BRAS moan by Dave Saville
What is the matter with getting BRAS upped? My rate dropped from months at 8meg to 130K in nothing flat. Router was 130/160. Rebooted the router which promptly synced at 448/8096 . BT tests says there are no faults - but it will take 5 *days* to reset BRAS. :-( What are they smoking? -- Regards Dave Saville
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 9th 09 07:05 PM
by Ato_Zee Go to last post
19 446
Is this the best I can get from my line? by Paul
Is this as good as I can expect for my line given the stats? Thnx Line checker Exchange Distance:- Direct: 3.49 km (appx)* By Road: 5.31 km Status ADSL enabled : March 24, 2004 DSL Max enabled: March 31, 2006
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
June 9th 09 08:15 AM
by Paul Go to last post
25 353
What causes this? by Harry Bloomfield
I'm on Tiscali and despite the many comments I read about how dire it is, our service has been generally pretty good all round. Sometimes, for a brief period I have tried to browse to a page or clicked a link and nothing has loaded and it has needed a second click or even a third before it finally loads. This problem has been more persistent over recent weeks, but has now resolved itself and...
June 8th 09 05:20 PM
by Harry Bloomfield Go to last post
2 121
BE Broadband: Applying for before BT line is ready ? by Mark Carver
Bit of a complicated story. Our lad is moving into student accommodation (rented house) with five of his friends on July 1st. I'm sorting out the internet for them. They are in and area covered by BE's LLU network. I've contacted the present occupier, he will cease the present BT phone line on June 18th. I spoke to BT and they will enable the line in my name from July 3rd.
1 93
Telewest - safe to return ? by Colin Wilson
Wondering whether to use them again after ditching them in the mid 90's after outright lies and u-turns regarding free calls to telewest phone customers - including any ISP on telewest (back in the days of dialup) Quidco have an offer with £120 cashback for signing up, but I believe it ends Friday, and i'm really having a hard time convincing myself they're a different company to what they...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
13 346
Best router? by bornfree
Hi Intelligent input needed My trusty Netgear DG834G is starting to become unreliable with old age. I live in a 1 bedroom flat (read: small) and need a router with a built in modem and wireless G. What are the most reliable routers at the moment?
June 5th 09 03:32 PM
by Mark Go to last post
9 225
Distance from filtered NTE5 socket to ADSL modem by Vet Tech
I may have to relocate my ADSL modem/router. I see lots of posts highlighting the need to place the ADSL modem/router as close as possible to the BT master socket but I see nothing about actual distances and the corresponding loss of performance. Currently getting about 4.9 Mb/s and the distance between the filtered NTE5 and the modem/router is about 4.5 metres. I have a choice of putting it 1...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 3rd 09 09:17 PM
by Dave Saville Go to last post
14 240
BT Upgrade by Peter Andrews
A friends BT broadband failed a few minutes after midnight on Saturday - having failed to find anything wrong at his premises I called BT and after about 10 minutes talking to India we deduced that there had been an upgrade affecting the 0161 and 0208 areas amongst others. The router needed to have the DSL Modulation Mode changed to G.DMT after which service was restored! Anybody know what...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 3rd 09 07:31 PM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
19 324
Problem with 'stale' internet connection by Roger Mills
I have a problem with my Compaq/HP NX9005 laptop (running XP SP2) whereby if I disconnect from a dial-up (or mobile broadband) connection, I cannot regain internet access without re-booting. I can re-connect - but the old connection hasn't been fully purged, and the new connection isn't recognised. I'm currently using a '3' mobile broadband dongle, and am displaying below some of the output...
June 3rd 09 11:01 AM
by Mark BR Go to last post
9 176
Best splitter to use by Denis McMahon
Hi I live in a new building. By new I mean constructed from the ground up in the last 24 months. Current wiring: Master socket in utility room / cloak room / box room with no power socket (although I can put one there if I need to).
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 2nd 09 12:21 AM
by Kráftéé Go to last post
12 344
Is Virginmedia Cable working in Surrey RH4 area? by Phil
Just a query, is anyone in the North Holmwood/Dorking area of Surrey experiencing connectivity issues on VirginMedia cable? I am querying this on behalf of a friend who lives in RH4 who has had no connection all day today and patchy connectivity all last weekend. All advice appreciated. Thanks
1 110
Idnet offer ADSL2+ at same price as Max by Eeyore
There are conditions which may make me consider this carefully but for exchanges so equipped, Idnet are indeed making the above offer. BE suggested I'd get ~ 15Mbps at my distance from the exchange but I would need a new router of course. Any recommendations ? Preferably good value but reliable, as my Origo router has been. I don't need wi-fi btw. Graham
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
June 1st 09 02:28 PM
by Andy Burns Go to last post
25 332
'Disable' broadband by LP
Could someone please tell me what settings to change in the router to make the router appear to be working okay (all the indicator lights stay on) but actually disable connectivity? Nothing sinister; my partners son is misbehaving and I don't want him to blame his mum for disconnecting the broadband.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 1st 09 12:38 AM
by Yellow Go to last post
36 524
Wireless Router doesn't "do" PPPoA by Another Dave
I bought a Zoom AP+4 Router at a car boot sale (for £5, so no big deal). When I tried to set it up, it doesn't seem to have an option for PPPoA with User-id and password that my ISP requires. It seem only PPPoE has the option to have a user-id and password and this is no good. Am I missing something or have I been had? Another Dave
May 31st 09 08:40 AM
by Another Dave Go to last post
6 130
Vodafone Mobile Broadband 3G ? by Sarah Wilde
Hi, I have just bought a mobile broadband dongle PAYG on Vodafone. The problem is it always connects with GPRS and never 3G. As you will probably know I cannot put up with GPRS as its like a dial-up speed. Does anyone know if I can make the modem use 3G automatically, or is it likely that it is choosing the only speed it has available. According to Vodafone coverage I am right in the middle...
May 30th 09 08:36 PM
by Chris Davies Go to last post
8 233
Top Gear's Clarkson on immigration, EU, and the BNP by [email protected]
WHEN the British National Party win a handful of seats at the European elections, everyone with frizzy hair and comfortable shoes will run around blaming mainstream politicians for resurfacing their moats on the taxpayer. Hmm. That's like Ronald McDonald blaming his 42in waist on genetics. The main reason why the BNP will do well is because the main parties seem to have completely lost touch...
May 30th 09 07:16 PM
by Kráftéé Go to last post
5 230
Business Foundation Pillars by [email protected]
www.freewebs.com/allindustrialdesign--------asdf123 The foundation must be strong,for the building to be strong and stable. A tree cannot develop well without good manure in its roots. In the same way, there are two foundation pillars to get desired result in this business.
0 159
Broadband Speed check by [email protected]
Can someone please tell me where I can get an program or Application which will enable me to accurtaely check what my broadband speed is?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
May 28th 09 02:01 PM
by Mark Go to last post
27 388