Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Plusnet *Our obligations* - has it failed you? by Bassplus
Lots of interesting stuff coming through to me at Be sure to let me know your tale of Plusnet woe. Plusnet T&Cs " Our Obligations Plusnet has a number of obligations that are required by UK legislation. These obligations ensure our customers are provided with
July 27th 09 09:11 AM
by Bassplus Go to last post
8 173
'The Telegraph' web-pages. by DB.
I normally keep up-to-date with the day's news at 'The Telegraph' web-pages, visiting the frontpage at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/ several times each day. Matt's daily cartoon mustn't be missed! My connexion here isn't particularly fast, and I'd normally expect to download this and similar pages in about 3 seconds. However, for the past 3 days or so this and other Telegraph pages have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
July 26th 09 10:27 PM
by Eeyore Go to last post
20 440
BT Home Hub 2.0 Question by Gared Haus
Hey guys, I just got a HH 2.0 and got it set up no problem at all. I am using a iMac running OS 10.4.11. I was previously using a Netgear DG834G and was getting a download speed of 284kb/s. With the HH I am getting the following results: Download 1.51 mb/s Upload 0.32 mb/s
July 26th 09 08:27 PM
by Gared Haus Go to last post
5 249
Access to specific web site by Grumps
Hello Here's an interesting one. I'm with O2, who have been giving good performance for about a year. When I try and access (using IE, firefox, or outlook) webmail.insert_my_company_name.com using a wired PC (not WiFi), then sometimes this attempt will timeout. Then it stays like this until I reboot the router. I have tried two routers and it is the same with either. My IP address, although...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 26th 09 07:38 PM
by Grumps Go to last post
12 418
TERRIBLE service from BT by Bassplus
Now those ****ers have failed to show! What the **** has the world become where we just put up with this ****. Just think how much mileage BT and Plusnet can now get out of blaming each other. I'm now going to proceed to kick the **** out of my BT socket, and then burn down the telegraph pole in my garden, what's left of it I'll
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
July 26th 09 12:39 PM
by Bassplus Go to last post
24 495
Mobile Internet by Roger Mills
In an earlier contribution to this discussion, Jim Kewley wrote: Dunno how many here are internet nerds, like me. In my attempts to maintain a web connection on our travels with the van, I bought a 3 mobile PAYG dongle internet connection thingy. Big mistake. 3 mobile appears to offer the cheapest way of getting on the web whilst travelling, consequently I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 26th 09 04:03 AM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
54 3,889
Change provider - keep e mail address? by J B
A mate of mine wants to change from Virgin to Talk Talk to make use of their 'free' broadband. He'd like to keep his @virgin.net e mail address. Is this possible? -- J B
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 25th 09 03:11 PM
by Joker7 Go to last post
16 371
Finally get MAC from Plusnet.. now demanding £170..how long before it's with menaces? by Bassplus
After 2 months (of a three month period since joining) of failed service, lack of support, bullying and intimidation. With a complete inability and unwillingness to solve even the simplest problem, despite doing all the work for them. Plusnet have finally given me a MAC. They are now demanding £170 as the remainder of a contract which they failed to honour. So the saga continues. Fortunately I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 25th 09 01:22 PM
by R Johnson Go to last post
41 538
Router trouble with 3 dongle by Lynn W
Well finally plucked up courage to set up wireless router. 3 had been off the air for most of the day, but is back now. Funny as when it first came back I got 5 bars as signal strength for the first time ever in the caravan but next I logged on I got the usual 2, everyone else must have realised it was back and logged on as well :-) Anyway I inserted dongle plugged in router the green and...
July 25th 09 12:50 PM
by James Egan Go to last post
8 216
Oh WOE me Plusnet Woes. by Bassplus
Broadband guide had some discussion on Plusnet. It would seem nothing changes when it comes to Plusnet woes. ******************* Been with plusnet for years. Youtube videos no longer play well. On ringing Plusnet support the basic outcome was that they recommended going to another ISP which does not throttle traffic such as Youtube. Posted by Steve on the 17th June 2009
July 25th 09 11:36 AM
by Simon Dean Go to last post
8 334
Plusnet *Our obligations* - has it failed you? by Bassplus
Lots of interesting stuff coming through to me at Be sure to let me know your tale of Plusnet woe. Plusnet T&Cs " Our Obligations Plusnet has a number of obligations that are required by UK legislation. These obligations ensure our customers are provided with
July 25th 09 09:43 AM
by Bassplus Go to last post
0 181
PLUSNET ring fence themselves away from the public with failing ticket system by Bassplus
PLUSNET ring fence themselves away from the public with failing ticket system! Each ticket a different name on it, but are there really any humans in the customer support team Comments on a failing ISP with random snips Plusnet, good or bad? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 25th 09 08:50 AM
by Bassplus Go to last post
0 222
Plug pulled on suspected pirates by Java Jive
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8166640.stm ====================================== Please always reply to news group as the email address in this post's header does not exist. Alternatively, use one of the contact addresses at: http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/JavaJive.html http://www.macfh.co.uk/Macfarlane/Macfarlane.html
July 24th 09 09:09 PM
by Java Jive Go to last post
7 205
Is the recession really over? by Zeus Consulting
Rise in net profits by TCS, Google, JP Morgan.L&T is an indication of the market recovery.Is it too soon to say that the recession is over. Would like to have your views on this.
July 24th 09 07:54 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
3 177
broadband stimulus should help schools by Scherpo
billions in broadband… http://arstechnica.com/telecom/news/2009/03/microsoft-broadband-stimulus-should-help-hospital-schools.ars
July 24th 09 09:33 AM
by Scherpo Go to last post
0 175
Plusnet Cracking Deal ? by R Johnson
After the recent rantings of a mad man here about Plusnet, I was asked to find a cheap deal for my daughter who has some light broadband usage requirements. I have to thank him for reminding me about Plusnet. I would have overlooked them if it had not been for his ranting, so rather than make people avoid them - it's given them an extra sign up! I'm sure that's not what he intended.......
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 24th 09 12:31 AM
by Alex Heney Go to last post
11 899
Plusnet woes. by Bassplus
Speeds back up to 1mb + today. Had dropped as low as 128k which made it quite tempting to dump BB and BT and just use my Vodaphone dongle. Mmm maybe that's an idea anyway, given the limited use we have for home comms. Business runs of separate service anyway. That would save what....about £80 per qtr!!! It's good to talk, even if it is only to oneself! Anyone using mobile broadband reliably...
July 24th 09 12:28 AM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
3 273
Goodmorning everyone by Scherpo
I found this group and I subscripe. I hope we have a nice time ;-) Peter
July 23rd 09 11:47 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
7 182
adsl parameters: ideal readings? by tg
I've got a vonaq500 adsl tester but as a beginner doing a normal (UK) adsl test I don't know what would constitute ideal readings. The readings given by the tester a LIne Rate (kb/sec) Attainable rate (kb/sec) SNR margin (dB) Attenuation (dB) Output Power (dBm)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 23rd 09 10:58 PM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
78 1,122
PlusNet just wants to be loved - again Oh dear shame it didnt last long enough for the ink to dry and keep us out of unfair contracts. by Bassplus
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04/13/plusnet_comeback_packages/ PlusNet just wants to be loved - again By Chris Williams • Get more from this author Posted in Telecoms, 13th April 2007 12:58 GMT Analysis Beleaguered ISP PlusNet is attempting a comeback with a suite of new deals, backed by its new owner BT.
July 23rd 09 02:33 PM
by Bassplus Go to last post
3 184
Post New Thread