Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Netgear DG834 router status log? by lloyd
Hello, My log updates every 5 seconds or so (adjustable) with line stats etc. Is there anyway I can log these stats on an ongoing basis? Not to be confused with the connection logs. Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
November 6th 09 10:35 PM
by Anthony R. Gold Go to last post
23 750
1st the Glucosamine - by Flyig u 29 + on netbook
- is no longer to be prescribed and now they're recommending GPs to stop prescribing Aspirin. Seems like someone is definitely telling me to *stop* taking the tablets. -- Heard melodies are sweet, but those Unheard are sweeter FN 29 +, Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland
November 5th 09 06:33 PM
by Flyig u 29 + on netbook Go to last post
0 195
IDNET 'spammers' by Spamtastic Spastic
After the 'IDNET-v-ZEN' conversation of last week, I got a reply regarding the abuse and spam from IDNET customers. I was told this was an 'isolated case' by IDNET. A review of a few weeks worth of logs show it to be anything *other* than isolated. For an ISP of their size it looks like the spam output from IDNET customers is consistently high - be this deliberate or by bot infestaion.
November 4th 09 06:55 AM
by Spamtastic Spastic Go to last post
0 176
Half Gigabit NIC (?) by Graham.
I had a Del laptop today that connected to a Gigabit LAN at 500Mbs via its docking station. Without the docking station it connected at 1 gig. Is this expected behaviour? -- Graham. %Profound_observation%
November 3rd 09 10:04 PM
by Andy Burns Go to last post
1 260
Could someone please explain how/why this works by Ruth
Two months ago I chucked out my BT land line and broadband provider, and now use 3 - via a S2 Skypephone handset (plugged in as a modem to my pc - for internet access. Since making these changes, I haven't altered any email or newsgroup account settings such that the outgoing server (smtp) settings are still associated with my former land line broadband provider. Yet I can still send...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
November 3rd 09 09:42 PM
by Jon Go to last post
10 388
Three Broadband and Windows 7 by Ato_Zee
On 2-Nov-2009, "SantaUK" wrote: I got 3 mobile Broadband a few months ago on the 5 gig a month contract. All was well in the land of XP. Got a new laptop with Windows 7, so I thought there would be no issues. After I installed the usual software, which incidentally, is the updated drivers for Windows 7 - it seemed to go okay, for about two minutes. The ...
November 2nd 09 09:43 PM
by Ato_Zee Go to last post
0 208
Three MiFi v.v. WiFi Security? by CJB
BBC Watchdog has done shown a convincing demo. of the dangers of accessing an email accounts via WiFi. They got someone to log into an email account using a WiFi service at a cafe. Someone else, acting as a hacker, monitored the WiFi traffic and managed to extract the username and password. This was enough to connect to the session and use the email account to send a fradulent email. The hacker...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
November 2nd 09 08:46 PM
by Christof Meerwald Go to last post
16 683
Be unlimited - anygood ? by Dave
as the title, are 'Be-unlimited' any good thoughts please ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 2nd 09 10:54 AM
by PeterC Go to last post
39 1,134
Which ISP by Woody
My daughter is currently a Sky customer for TV, phone, and broadband with which she is very happy. She is about to take up a new post in the Bath area where many properties are within a protected area and dishes are not allowed. The area is not cabled. It looks as though she will have to go to bog standard ADSL, so which ISP taking into account speed, reliability, and above all value for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 28th 09 03:07 AM
by Eeyore Go to last post
31 966
Three Mobile Broadband Upgrade by CJB
For the last few days whenever I have plugged in my three dongle it has nagged me to install a s/w upgrade for Windows 7 and Mac. There is no way to close the download window - which lists a 25Mb file and an estimated d/l time of 20 mins. Even if I choose to 'Snooze' for 3 days it still keeps nagging. But the real issue is that I'm running XP not W7. So do I let it download and install, or do I...
October 26th 09 10:25 AM
by CJB Go to last post
0 267
Fun with ADSL and snmp..and a question..on noise. by The Natural Philosopher
Having Finally changed ISP and got an SNMP enabled router so I can be totally nerdy and peer at MRTG graphs, I decided to also peer at things like noise and link speed and stuff like that, to develop some long term graphs of noise versus time. This is working quite well, BUT there is a slight issue. SNR ratio not only varies with the noise itself, but with the link speed. If that drops snr...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 25th 09 07:40 PM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
53 958
Caller ID logger by jackson
I want a Caller ID device which remembers at least 100 calls and displays the full information. Looking around, I think there are fewer standalone CLID display units than there used to be. On the other hand the CLID function build into many phones seems basic. For example some won't distinguish between "Number Not Available" and "Number Withheld".
October 24th 09 10:08 AM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
6 419
BT BB Phoneline by RayB
Has anyone managed to use the BB phoneline (05602 etc) with non-BT routers? I've got a BT 2700HGV modem/router but want to revert to using my linksys kit, however I don't want to lose the use of the phone service. Regards RayB --
October 23rd 09 01:43 PM
by RayB Go to last post
0 233
Fibre to the Premises - is it available? by TrentSC
Is there any way to find out whether my area (Watford) has been included in the Fibre To The Premises/Cabinet trials? I ask because someone has painted "FTTC-BT" on the pavement outside my small apartment block with four arrows pointing to the property, and I was rather hopeful that this might be a positive sign! Many thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 22nd 09 06:20 PM
by Petert Go to last post
15 642
problem - maybe due to 3Com Wireless DSL router? by Duncan Di Saudelli
Hello Question: Why does one of my PCs load web pages flawlessly whereas the other one, all of a sudden, doesn't? Background: My router, via NAT, serves two computers. The two computers run Windows XP and connect via Wi-Fi to the router. The router serves out IP addresses to the two computers via DHCP. The firewall in the router is enables and it stops ICMP amongst other things.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 22nd 09 09:17 AM
by Spamtastic Spastic Go to last post
54 905
ISP recomendation by Petert
Hi, I'm looking for internet service at a property that appears to be served by Woolwich exchange.(LSWOO) The property does not have a land-line I am looking for an ISP that can provide both Internet and telephone with either no, or a short (3 - 6 months), minimum contract Anyone have any suggestions? (Tiscali is out due to horrendous problems experienced with them in the past)
October 21st 09 11:42 AM
by Andy Burns Go to last post
1 199
Best Provider For Low Usage by Grapefruit Man
We moved house recently and took our existing broadband with us - Newnet. But they charged us 38 to do so. If we just cut off the line, they would have charged around 24. Considering the line rental each month is about 13 and we have been with them for about two years or more, I thought this was expensive, and not to mention cheeky. So, I'd like to ask who is the best provider for...
October 20th 09 04:12 PM
by Chris Go to last post
9 501
Immigration : The Full Story of the Immigrants Who Opened theFloodgates by Western Voice
Immigration: The Full Story of the Immigrants Who Opened the Floodgates The Culture of Critique reviewed by Stanley Hornbeck In The Culture of Critique, Evolutionary Psychologist Professor Kevin MacDonald advances a carefully researched but extremely controversial thesis: that certain 20th century intellectual movements largely established and led by Jews have changed European societies...
October 20th 09 12:12 AM
by Mark McIntyre Go to last post
1 303
Windmills and microwave towers? by The Natural Philosopher
This is a curious question, which I don't believe has been asked before, and to which I couldn't actually find and answer. And only being half asleep and thinking about one thing whilst reading the paper idly, caused three things to slip into my mind together. Namely 'rural broadband' the influence of the environment on transmission speed and quality, and the fact that here, high up in west...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
October 19th 09 05:51 PM
by NOSPAM Go to last post
25 660
Broadband problem can access via wi-fi but not via cable. by Murmansk69
Some friends of mine have a problem with their broadband (ADSL). They have two desktop computers and a laptop. The main desktop is connected to the wirleless modem/router via a Cat 5 UTP cable. The second desktop used to connect to the internet via wi-fi using a USB dongle but this was not very reliable so I fitted them a cable to connect the second desktop to the router (just like the...
October 13th 09 09:46 AM
by Dave Saville Go to last post
5 259
Post New Thread