Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Plug pulled on suspected pirates by Java Jive
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8166640.stm ====================================== Please always reply to news group as the email address in this post's header does not exist. Alternatively, use one of the contact addresses at: http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/JavaJive.html http://www.macfh.co.uk/Macfarlane/Macfarlane.html
July 24th 09 10:09 PM
by Java Jive Go to last post
7 188
Is the recession really over? by Zeus Consulting
Rise in net profits by TCS, Google, JP Morgan.L&T is an indication of the market recovery.Is it too soon to say that the recession is over. Would like to have your views on this.
July 24th 09 08:54 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
3 163
broadband stimulus should help schools by Scherpo
billions in broadband… http://arstechnica.com/telecom/news/2009/03/microsoft-broadband-stimulus-should-help-hospital-schools.ars
July 24th 09 10:33 AM
by Scherpo Go to last post
0 160
Plusnet Cracking Deal ? by R Johnson
After the recent rantings of a mad man here about Plusnet, I was asked to find a cheap deal for my daughter who has some light broadband usage requirements. I have to thank him for reminding me about Plusnet. I would have overlooked them if it had not been for his ranting, so rather than make people avoid them - it's given them an extra sign up! I'm sure that's not what he intended.......
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 24th 09 01:31 AM
by Alex Heney Go to last post
11 860
Plusnet woes. by Bassplus
Speeds back up to 1mb + today. Had dropped as low as 128k which made it quite tempting to dump BB and BT and just use my Vodaphone dongle. Mmm maybe that's an idea anyway, given the limited use we have for home comms. Business runs of separate service anyway. That would save what....about £80 per qtr!!! It's good to talk, even if it is only to oneself! Anyone using mobile broadband reliably...
July 24th 09 01:28 AM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
3 259
Goodmorning everyone by Scherpo
I found this group and I subscripe. I hope we have a nice time ;-) Peter
July 24th 09 12:47 AM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
7 166
adsl parameters: ideal readings? by tg
I've got a vonaq500 adsl tester but as a beginner doing a normal (UK) adsl test I don't know what would constitute ideal readings. The readings given by the tester a LIne Rate (kb/sec) Attainable rate (kb/sec) SNR margin (dB) Attenuation (dB) Output Power (dBm)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 23rd 09 11:58 PM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
78 1,046
PlusNet just wants to be loved - again Oh dear shame it didnt last long enough for the ink to dry and keep us out of unfair contracts. by Bassplus
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04/13/plusnet_comeback_packages/ PlusNet just wants to be loved - again By Chris Williams • Get more from this author Posted in Telecoms, 13th April 2007 12:58 GMT Analysis Beleaguered ISP PlusNet is attempting a comeback with a suite of new deals, backed by its new owner BT.
July 23rd 09 03:33 PM
by Bassplus Go to last post
3 168
Plusnet, OFCOM and 'Debt Blocking' STILL NO MAC by Bassplus
An oldie but a goody. We can see how obstructive Plusnet are when ripping off existing customers. Something we may wish to consider when choosing an ISP like Plusnet. Cheap is not always cheerful. Especially now they are well and truly oversubscribed and their one horse systems cannot cope apart from huge throttles etc.
July 23rd 09 02:32 PM
by Gel Go to last post
4 248
Best way to wire new sockets for Broadband installation by AO
I'm moving house in a week, I was wondering what my best option for wiring the sockets in my new house for best performance particularly with ADSL2+ when we get it, and whether it really matters much either way. The new house is 500m from the exchange. My current house is 100m away from it, just next door really. I get max speed on the line. The new house NTE5 is located in the loft. There...
July 23rd 09 01:29 PM
by Jono Go to last post
1 183
PlusNet just wants to be loved - again Oh dear shame it didnt last long enough for the ink to dry and keep us out of unfair contracts. by Bassplus
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04/13/plusnet_comeback_packages/ PlusNet just wants to be loved - again By Chris Williams • Get more from this author Posted in Telecoms, 13th April 2007 12:58 GMT Analysis Beleaguered ISP PlusNet is attempting a comeback with a suite of new deals, backed by its new owner BT.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 23rd 09 09:27 AM
by Skinnz Suckanob Go to last post
50 676
TERRIBLE service from Plus net by Bassplus
I have had ongoing disconnections with Plusnet for some time over the last few months. Apart from cut and paste responses they don't appear to be doing a lot! I have now had problems since last Thursday (8 days) and initially the contact with support was good... they now seem to have gone on holiday since Thursday and are no longer answering their support tickets. Now almost constant...
July 23rd 09 09:26 AM
by Skinnz Suckanob Go to last post
1 178
Re : How to leave PlusNet, and why so difficult? by Bassplus
Interesting thread on yet more Plusnet woes and obstruction. Worthy of Usenet publication as no doubt this will be my next issue with Plusnet obstructing MAC issue. http://tinyurl.com/mddpsk Hi, I'm not a PlusNet customer, but used to be a few years ago. Someone I recommended at the time, has lost all interest in PlusNet (trying to
July 23rd 09 09:23 AM
by Skinnz Suckanob Go to last post
1 131
STILL NO MAC from Plusnet by Bassplus
I feel a MAC post coming on.. Luckily we have watchdogs to protect us from vultures like Plusnet. I wonder what the BT executive will think of Plusnet bringing them in to disrepute?
July 23rd 09 09:17 AM
by TheOldFellow Go to last post
1 145
Broadband throttling by Mitchell
Hi all, I am a freelance journalist writing a piece for a mainstream consumer computer magazine looking at how ISPs throttle bandwidth during peak times, and how this impacts subscribers. Have you or anyone you know had a bad experience with any ISP that has curtailed your enjoyment of services such as iPlayer? I understand that ISPs need to divvy up bandwidth and have long restricted peak-time...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 22nd 09 10:43 PM
by Tom Go to last post
41 680
How to waste time on BT's webpages by Jeff Layman
I was trying to find out if I have to pay to upgrade to an NTE5 socket from a pre-NTE5 socket at my house. So I searched the BT site and after a few clicks found the BT Price List: http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/Public/current/Gen_Notes_boo/sectoc.htm#0001-d0e1-section In the "Contents" list, Section 4:Telephones & Ancillary Apparatus looked...
July 22nd 09 08:09 PM
by Jeff Layman Go to last post
6 189
NETGEAR Support. I can't login. by Brian Gregory [UK]
I can't login to Netgear Support on the web. It's been this way for a few days. Is this a general fault with the site or are they blocking me for daring to know what I'm talking about when I complain about their products? -- Brian Gregory. (In the UK)
July 21st 09 10:29 PM
by Lynn W Go to last post
1 143
Re : How to leave PlusNet, and why so difficult? by Bassplus
Interesting thread on yet more Plusnet woes and obstruction. Worthy of Usenet publication as no doubt this will be my next issue with Plusnet obstructing MAC issue. http://tinyurl.com/mddpsk Hi, I'm not a PlusNet customer, but used to be a few years ago. Someone I recommended at the time, has lost all interest in PlusNet (trying to
July 20th 09 11:17 PM
by Alex Heney Go to last post
9 1,051
Belkin fried in storm? by The Natural Philosopher
Or has it. Let me describe the setup, and the symptoms Setup ===== New installation using rather old router - Belkin wireless, ADSL 2+ with a Macbook, Laptop PEECEE and an Eposn WiFi printer wirelessly connected. Urban small office.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 20th 09 02:25 PM
by Mark Go to last post
12 345
BT is bringing call centre jobs back from India by Ted
BT is bringing call centre jobs back to Blighty from India 'Not about customer service...' http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/16/bt_jobs_import/
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 20th 09 01:54 PM
by R Johnson Go to last post