Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Daily 10mintit earn RS.20,000 above in month by saji
EARN MONEY RS.20000 ABOVE IN MONTH JUST IN CLICK REFFERAL:saravananaviji www.bigmoneyptc.com( reffer:saravananaviji) www.richptc.com ( reffer:saravananaviji) www.grandptc.com (reffer:saravanansaji)
August 24th 09 09:13 AM
by saji Go to last post
0 199
sky netgear wifi query - help please by Sgt Pepper
I have a Sky Netgear router, which works fine - except for wifi linking with my Dell Inspiron laptop. I can get the Dell internal wireless connection to work with various routers, but not the Sky one. I've even tried switching off encryption altogether. It attemps to make a connection - but just keeps dropping. My brother and a friend have exactly the same problem with their...
August 23rd 09 10:42 PM
by Colin Wilson Go to last post
7 404
Equivalent to Wireshark for wireless adapters? by Peter Crosland
As per the title really. Peter Crosland
August 23rd 09 08:51 PM
by Adrian C Go to last post
9 426
How to offer broadband without phone call charges? by Anthony R. Gold
I'd like to offer to some young college boys who are sharing their first flat a DSL Internet connection but without exposing myself to vast phone call charges. The boys all have their own mobile phones and they say they don't need any wire line phone service. What phone service or tariff is available that will provide the needed copper circuit for DSL but without unlimited exposure to calling...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 23rd 09 10:15 AM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
42 1,051
Linksys router changed language??? How to fix? by Tony Mountifield
My parents have a Linksys WAG54GS router which they have had for a long time. Today, they called me to say their Internet had gone down (Talktalk). When I asked them to go into the router at http://192.168.1.1, after they entered the router username and password correctly, the admin pages all came up in French! This is bizarre, because only recently I was in there and it was in English as it...
August 22nd 09 09:38 PM
by alexd Go to last post
9 238
Help Using BT Hub Phone 1010 by hamsatuk
Hi Is it possible to use a BT Hub Phone 1010 Router with another ISP other than BT Broadband. If yes does anybody have the basic settings that have to be changed to enable this to happen. My ISP is Pipex. Thanks Tony
August 22nd 09 01:57 PM
by Pete Zahut Go to last post
1 254
Sky increase from 16Mb to 20Mb by Abo
I get 12-13Mb at the moment; am I likely to see a proportional increase when Sky do the upgrade, or are they just in effect raising a speed cap and I'm already at the maximum for my line?
August 22nd 09 01:46 PM
by Jono Go to last post
3 254
You and Yours by Mark Carver
2Bdecided wrote: Anyway, horses for courses - use the terrestrial broadcasts for live listening in the car - but enjoy the higher quality and increased choice of internet radio around the house. and garden. and office. and hotel room. and... anywhere else there's an internet connection! Make sure you don't go over your download limit though, and most 'unlimited' ADSL internet packages...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
August 21st 09 12:14 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
19 907
2Wire/BT 2700HGV Icons change by Burton Bradstock
Strange... I was checking the Device List on my 2700, and the mouse cursor passed over the Voice Network icon on the Summary page. The icon 'blued out' in to a TV shape, then a fresh icon appeared in its place. AFAICS all the icons on the System page have changed to new ones. Software appears to be the same as it was, version 5.29.117.3.
August 20th 09 12:38 AM
by Burton Bradstock Go to last post
0 296
My BB Is Up! by Jeff Gaines
Just came to life this morning, 24 hours early. Getting just over 2 Mbps which is a bit higher than expected and feels like greased lightening after dial up :-) -- Jeff Gaines Dorset UK The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant
August 19th 09 06:33 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
3 187
Fix for Three fallback to Orange GPRS packet loss by Theo Markettos
I've posted here before about how Three's 3G network is moderately solid when you're in range, but as soon as you drop down to 2G as outsourced to Orange, connections start getting really slow, packets drop all over the place and can take up to a minute to arrive: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.telecom.mobile/browse_thread/thread/c0964cc5341f6681 (thread "Rubbish GPRS performance on "3""...
August 18th 09 10:13 PM
by Alex Fraser Go to last post
7 246
Orange Home Broadband by Count de Monet
I've been looking at Orange Home Broadband (home max) Does anyone have any opinions on the service, quality of the second line, fair usage policy (phone and data), technical support, equipment supplied etc. Martyn
August 17th 09 02:34 PM
by Count de Monet Go to last post
5 242
What is the fastest and widly covered mobile broadband dongle by sanj
All What is the fastest and widly covered mobile broadband in the UK currently? TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
August 17th 09 12:58 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
22 393
ADSL Filters by Flyig u 29 +
Just had an Openreach engineer round. He was testing the downstream speed at my main socket and reckoned it was low. For some reason he asked if he could use my filter and replaced his bog standard BT one with it. Up the synch rate went by almost 800 kbps, so they are important bits of kit aren't they? I wonder if his BT one was faulty or is that speed difference indicative of the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 17th 09 12:55 AM
by Ato_Zee Go to last post
36 634
Sky Broadband Any Good? by Newbie
I'm another victim of the credit crunch and need to cut costs if possible. I use ADSL24 as my net provider at 19 per month. I want sky sports again but am thinking that if I also took Sky's broadband service I could bin the ADSL24 and use that 19 to pay for sky sports and sky broadband. Question is how good/bad is Sky Broadband and will I get a decent connection speed, I get 5mb speed at...
August 16th 09 07:01 PM
by critcher Go to last post
8 210
Req info ref TalkTalk by hamsatuk
Hi some friends of mine have their phone line rental, calls and broadband with TalkTalk. They want for various reasons to leave TalkTalk and that is where the problems start. The whant to transfer to Sky because as they have the total package they will be able to get the broadband free. They have been told by TalkTalk that they will have to get a new phone number as there currant one is now owned...
August 13th 09 01:33 PM
by Joan Archer Go to last post
8 236
Basic hosting recommendation? by Theo Markettos
I looked around for a hosting newsgroup and could only find alt.internet.providers.uk, which seems to be quite dead. So I wonder if someone here could recommend a hosting provider (or point to a more suitable newsgroup)? I have a bunch of domains (10 or 11, pointing to three real sites) that want web and mail hosting. Space and bandwidth requirements are quite minimal (currently about 40MB...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
August 12th 09 02:50 AM
by Marty Freeman Go to last post
16 384
Bigfoot forwarding working now by Max Demian
I sent some test emails and they all arrived within a few minutes. -- Max Demian
August 11th 09 03:10 PM
by Gordon Darling Go to last post
1 585
Sweetcorn. by Louise M. Herrera
Every time I eat sweetcorn it comes out in my ****. Why is that?
August 10th 09 08:10 PM
by Graham. Go to last post
7 158
Vodafone TopUp and Go Mobile Broadband by Anthony R. Gold
Hi, The subject product looks interesting but the offer is less than clear. Vodafone says: "No time pressure - your TopUp wont run out after 30 days" but what does that mean? 31 days, one year, never? Is anyone using this (or under contract) and what speeds are likely? What is "usage"? I guess it's the sum of downstream and upstream data but
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
August 10th 09 04:29 PM
by Helen Deborah Vecht Go to last post
23 649