Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
VPN support in an ADSL router? by hari baskar
A friend has a few PCs at home (ADSL, dynamic IP) and a number of others at his shop (ADSL, fixed IP) and wants to be able to link the two (mostly for file sharing for images and data on his shop website). He's wanting the home (office) PC to fit into the shop network, and will want to access a number of different machines. Anyone know if any routers can act as the VPN host such that he doesn't...
July 1st 09 08:47 PM
by alexd Go to last post
2 155
fttc trial - whitchurch by Oranj
Just had a call from BT "do you want fiber optic bb for 6 months for free". Well i had to think really long and hard... lol so looks like im getting vdsl with BT, and ill be migrating from llu to their wholesale adsl which is a bummer, before the trial starts in August.
July 1st 09 07:02 PM
by Oranj Go to last post
0 304
50p tarrif per month on your phone - to pay for broadband. by George Weston
"Bandwidth (Peter)" wrote in message ... "George Weston" wrote... I heard that Yorkshiremen were mean but giving up the landline to avoid paying a measly 50p extra per month? It may well seem "measly" to you rich suverners :~)
June 30th 09 03:26 PM
by Mark Go to last post
5 235
Huawei D100 router on 3 network by James Egan
Hello, I've signed up with 3 for their 15GB per month for £15 deal which includes a free ZTE MF627 usb modem. It all works okay via the usb port on my laptop but I quite like the idea of being behind a nat device and also sharing the connection with some other wifi enabled pc's I read about the Huawei D100 on the 3 website. Are they any good?
June 30th 09 01:40 PM
by OJ Go to last post
3 219
Broadband switch - Why so long to action by rdd
Looking to switch to basic Be broadband from Metronet ( as was), However quote 2-4 weeks to action. During that time no broadband - this is not an option for me - daily use needed. Any ideas how to get round problem. Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 29th 09 02:02 PM
by Plusnet Support Team Go to last post
12 341
BT broadband option 3: how much do you pay? by Bandwidth (Peter)
"Fred" wrote... Hello, Further to my ongoing battle with BT, I am very concerned about BT's lack of honesty and transparency with their broadband pricing. Option 3 is advertised as being 24pm. Yet I was offered it for £19pm until they said I was not eligible due to my on-going fight (see other thread). My neighbour has said that he has been offered it...
June 29th 09 06:31 AM
by Bandwidth (Peter) Go to last post
0 175
'Twisted pair' question by Scott
I suspect I am going to regret asking this question. I have read the varous comments about the importance of using 'twisted pai' cable. I have the following set-up. I fitted a splitter frontplate to the master socket. I then ran an 8 core cable to an extension in my study/bedroom which has a split telephone/computer outlet. Two of the cores are for broadband and three for telephone. I tried...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 28th 09 06:13 PM
by Kráftéé Go to last post
30 719
Zyxel P660HW-T1 Post Office BB? by Tony
Does anyone know if this wireless router has limited features when supplied by Post Office Broadband? I cant seem to get any configuration options up in the web based interface (apart from connection status etc). I want to change the wireless channel and change the wpa passphrase. Can anyone help? Thanks... Tony
June 28th 09 02:19 AM
by Tony Go to last post
2 238
O2 package by Mark Ingle
I have been a customer of O2 broadband on the Ultimate package since last November. Although my router always syncs at around 20294 with an uplink of 2342, over the past three months when I do speed tests it usually is around 7500, though the uplink is pretty consistent at 1850. with tests using a number of speed test sites While I can't really complain about this, in the past I did get...
June 27th 09 07:30 PM
by Mark Ingle Go to last post
2 195
DLINK 2640R is it useable? by The Natural Philosopher
its pre programmed for talktalk I think, but is it restricted to them? Friend gave me one as not needed..
June 25th 09 06:09 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
1 188
Orange Broadband dongle by Loki
I have a Orange Broadband Dongle on contract which is due to expire. Can I use a PAYG SIM instead of a Contract SIM?
June 25th 09 04:37 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
2 238
Anyone get good speeds from BT Broadband? by Terry
I have been asked to ask your opinion on BT broadband and how well it works. I have visited several people who are on BT Broadband and every one of them was not getting good speeds for their sync rate. So is anyone getting good speeds, or is BT commonly a slow service? The reason I ask is that my mate is considering signing up with Post Office Broadband, Broadband Extra I think they call...
June 25th 09 05:54 AM
by Marty Fremen Go to last post
6 163
BT Broadband - Anyone got 20 Mb/s? by John Dean
http://www.net4now.com/?p=7879 "Millions of homes and businesses are set to enjoy a free broadband boost after BT announced it will more than double the headline speeds for its residential and business customers. Over 60,000 consumers are already enjoying the faster speeds through a BT trial and the upgrade to ADSL 2+ technology will be available to other homes in the summer. BT Retail...
June 25th 09 01:43 AM
by Plusnet Support Team Go to last post
4 203
I Love Plusnet! by Gribela
Hi all, I just want to share how happy I am with Plusnet. I signed up with them in December 08 to their 1 month bargain package which was £10 for about 3Gb of data per month, then within a couple of days of my kids downloading every thing they could get their hands on I smashed the limit and Plusnet throttled me. I called them and they upgraded me to the 15Gb package for £15 with no hassle...
June 25th 09 01:41 AM
by Plusnet Support Team Go to last post
7 208
Anyone Owns A MacBook Pro? by tkmy
Guys, I just found this site, seem like someone around us could stand the chance to win a MacBook Pro. Check it out http://macbook.besttipsever.com
June 24th 09 09:10 AM
by tkmy Go to last post
0 146
VPN support in an ADSL router? by NoMailWanted
A friend has a few PCs at home (ADSL, dynamic IP) and a number of others at his shop (ADSL, fixed IP) and wants to be able to link the two (mostly for file sharing for images and data on his shop website). He's wanting the home (office) PC to fit into the shop network, and will want to access a number of different machines. Anyone know if any routers can act as the VPN host such that he doesn't...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 23rd 09 08:00 PM
by alexd Go to last post
17 456
UK MySQL hosting with SSH? by The Natural Philosopher
Geoff Cox wrote: Hello, Any suggestions for UK based hosting company offering php mysql with ssh access Cross posted to uk.telecom.broadabnd, who might have more idea than the
June 22nd 09 09:25 PM
by Markus G. Klötzer Go to last post
3 191
WE7 data per hour ? by Broadband King
Looking into USB Broadband, I listen to WE7 music whilst web browsing, on an hourly basis, how much data am I downloading listening to WE7 ? (I know the other amounts, all quite low for me) TIA
June 22nd 09 07:50 PM
by Alex Fraser Go to last post
1 170
BT bill dispute by Fred
Hello, Please forgive my cross-post, I wasn't sure which was the best forum to ask these questions in as they relate to both telephone and broadband services. I signed up to BT broadband a long time ago. I was on option one which was fine for a long time. Then last summer we started to exceed our usage. Each month we were fined. it was only a few pounds per month but I asked BT if we could...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 22nd 09 10:52 AM
by eps Go to last post
11 303
Which router? by The Natural Philosopher
I got a bit of a shock last night..my ageing D-link that can JUST ABOUT do 4000kbps was temporarily replaced by a friends Belkin, to test it and see if it worked. 5700kbps. Oh dear.. ANYWAY. it looks like a more modern router is the thing..so.. What can do
June 19th 09 11:28 PM
by Kráftéé Go to last post
9 267
Post New Thread