Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Mi-Fi SIM by Woody
Question: if I buy a SIM for my mi-fi unit and that SIM comes with a 30-day bundle, when does that 30 day period start? Is it the first time the SIM registers with the SP, or is it the first time a data transaction takes place? I have several such SIMs but haven't used any yet. I suppose it could be that the first time I go on line I have to give ersonal info so as such that could/would be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
December 31st 15 11:39 AM
by Roland Perry Go to last post
28 1,589
BT Home Hub 5 or Zen Router Thomsom TG589N v3 by Bill Ward
Is the BT Home Hub 5 a better option than the Thomson TG589N v3 supplied by Zen? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
December 27th 15 11:17 AM
by Roland Perry Go to last post
29 1,720
TalkTalk question by Graham J[_2_]
A friend has a connection with TalkTalk. While he was at my house he wanted to look up something on his account - he had a note of his login and password. But https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/ gives the message: "Sorry, My Account is not available rightnow. Please try again when using yourTalkTalk home broadband connection, call us on the numbers below or chat to us online about your...
December 23rd 15 09:43 PM
by PeterC Go to last post
4 424
Slow Demon Speeds by David Rance[_2_]
There are still a few people getting our Internet broadband connection from Demon. Over the last few days quite a number of us have noticed a massive drop in download speeds, in my case it's down to less than a tenth (about 0.6Mbps) of what I would normally be getting. We were wondering if anyone with other ISPs who use BT lines were having the same problem. David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 23rd 15 07:04 PM
by Richard_CC Go to last post
15 682
Virgin Media "Broadband in a Box" by Brian Gregory
How does Virgin Media "Broadband in a Box" work? Who is it good for? No good for heavy users (100GB / month) ? -- Brian Gregory (in the UK). To email me please remove all the letter vee from my email address.
December 23rd 15 01:15 PM
by romshark Go to last post
4 754
Bit bemused from South Yorkshire. by Flyig u 215 + on netbook
What's all this media hype about Tim Peake blasting off into space this morning as the first British astronaut to visit the International Space station. This is being hailed as a milestone event, but surely Dr Helen Sharman, born and bred a stone's throw from where I am typing this,, was the first Briton in space and the first woman astronaut to visit the MIR space station, on a 7 day...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 20th 15 03:08 PM
by DrTeeth Go to last post
13 539
Phishing by Woody
A word of warning to all - there is a very convincing looking phishing e-mail around purportedly from iTunes. -- Woody harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 20th 15 02:55 PM
by DrTeeth Go to last post
34 1,041
VM SuperHub (V1) by Woody
Does anyone know the ethernet port speeds of a Superhub 1? My network is all 1Gb except my desktop which is 100Mb. Having just got a NAS drive I saw how slow it was, so I bought a 1Gb PCIe card and boy what a difference that has made. E-mail is quick, once Chrome has started page download and display is significantly quicker. I can only guess that the Superhub is also 1Gb but I haven't been...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 18th 15 08:36 AM
by Woody Go to last post
16 583
Plusnet & dyndns by Graham.[_3_]
Does the Plusnet "Hub One" firmware support dyndns? I've had a quick look at my sons router web interface, it all looks very simplistic, and if dyndns is included I can't find it. -- Graham. %Profound_observation%
December 17th 15 05:21 PM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
2 453
Supanet WIndows 10 EmailSettings by Don't Sweat The Small Stuff
I have just had an elderly fried ring. He has (had) a Windows 7 machine and has now (after accepting the online upgrade) a Windows 10 machine! His email has stopped working as as far as I can tell over the phone his Supanet account has been deleted and needs re-adding. I am going round at the weekend to try and sort it out. I have had a quick Google for Supanet Windows 10 IMAP settings but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 13th 15 10:16 PM
by bert Go to last post
10 1,462
Fibreless cabinets on Fibre exchanges by John Geddes
The main part of our village has just been equipped with FTTC under the BDUK programme. But only when this happened did it become evident that those covered by a long-standing (and smallish) cabinet were not going to get FTTC as part of the subsidy programme (which apparently runs to 2018). The main part of the village was directly cabled (EO) but now goes via a new FTTC street cabinet directly...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 10th 15 01:38 PM
by Davey Go to last post
19 647
Check if my BT FTTC cabinet supports G.INP ? by [email protected]
Is there any way to actually tell if my local BT VDSL FTTC cabinet supports G.INP (G.998.4) ? There is a lot of chatter about the pros and cons of it, but I can't find anything about how you can actually check. I thought it might help with my problem of frequent ppp disconnections, but when I tried enabling it on my Asus DSL-N66U router it would not connect the DSL link at all. I suppose...
2 910
New OfCom wi-fi testing app by Woody
Has anyone downloaded this app and tried it yet? What a load of blx. For a start they have used public money to commission SamKnows (and American company) to write the app, and app that is so purile and gives so little info it is essentially useless. It does two (undefined) tests and then either tells you your system is OK or that it has failed. Go to the results page and it either tells...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 6th 15 09:35 PM
by MB[_2_] Go to last post
49 886
Line Balancing Advice Sought by Java Jive
For historical reasons, I've been asked to look at the WiFi coverage in a lodge in Scotland. Briefly, these reasons a I was staying there two years ago, while in between houses, and, it being discovered that I was a retired IT professional, was asked to look into their system in return for some free B&L. Although the hardware they had already acquired was not what I would have recommended,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 4th 15 11:37 PM
by Java Jive Go to last post
12 647
Worth to go FTTC? by AnthonyL
During the exercise of having a BT (Openreach) fault fixed yesterday it came up that I'm 2.7km away from ?? and have a max speed capability of 3.7mbits/s. I thought he said cabinet but maybe he meant exchange. My HomeHub 4 stats for today a 04:50:11, 04 Dec. ( 60.670000) DSL noise margin: 24.00 dB upstream, 15.20 dB downstream 04:50:11, 04 Dec. ( 60.600000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps...
December 4th 15 10:17 PM
by Dick Go to last post
7 342
datanet ? by Graham J[_2_]
I'm getting s.p.a.m. appearing to come from www.datanet.co.uk This seems to be a reputable company, but their website does not respond. Does anybody here have any dealings with them? -- Graham J
December 4th 15 11:22 AM
by Chronos[_2_] Go to last post
8 410
Plusnet no longer has 24-hour support by Clive Page
I've just discovered, via a broadband fault occurring at 22:15, that Plusnet no longer have 24 hour telephone support. I'm sure they did last year, and indeed I was impressed that someone answered the phone right away just after midnight when someone last dug into our phone line. But no more, it's now 7:30 to 22:00 on weekdays and I've no idea whether they have any support at weekends at...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 4th 15 08:33 AM
by thesimpsons[_2_] Go to last post
13 488
Plusnet E-Mail address after leaving service. by Bill Ward
I though that nowadays one could keep an E-Mail address after changing ISP's. I still have my old o2 one and Sky asked if I wanted to keep their one when changing to Plusnet. I switched from Plusnet to ZEN and right away had a E-Mail from Plusnet saying that my mail box is now closed. I did not actually want to keep it but they were very quick to close it despite last week having charged me...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
December 3rd 15 11:44 AM
by David Hume Go to last post
24 553
Switching from Plusnet to John Lewis? by Roger Mills
Then telephone line and broadband service at my holiday flat are both currently supplied by Plusnet. I currently have quite a good deal with their Plusnet Essentials service, but am coming to the end of a one year contract which gives me a monthly discount and throws in free evening and weekend calls. 'Essentials' has a monthly download limit of 10GB - which is plenty for me because I'm...
December 3rd 15 10:13 AM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
9 560
Fibre cabinets shown in our locality but still "Under Review" on OpenReach by [email protected]
Going via Andy's Magenta systems site I can see FTTC cabinets shown for our exchange, it turns out that they're nowhere near the old cabinets as far as I can see. There's one nearer to us than I expected which is good. However the http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/ still says "Under Review" for our number. Is there any way to find out more or do I just have to continue...
December 1st 15 06:31 PM
by Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd Go to last post
5 346
Post New Thread

Display Options
Showing threads 201 to 220 of 17543