Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Likely cause of sync speed varying between 900/7000 (U/D) and 350/350 or even 0/0 kbit/sec by NY
Our ADSL connection is normally very good. Typically we get sync speeds of up to 900 U and 7000 D. But the last couple of weeks we've been getting very erratic speeds and disconnections every few hours - the router then reports no ADSL carrier. Sometimes the router, which normally reports DSL Modulation Type: ADSL_2plus instead reports ADSL_G.dmt.bis and the sync speed falls to 350 U and 350...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 10th 16 07:45 PM
by Tim+[_2_] Go to last post
12 813
Li-Fi reaches 200Gbps while Bhtee still stuck in copper krone tool master bation by 7[_2_]
Li-Fi reaches 200Gbps while Bhtee still stuck in copper krone tool master bation -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- https://www.elektormagazine.com/news/no-wi-fi-but-li-fi-200-gbps-via-your-room-light?utm_source=Elektor+International+%28English%29 Bhtee geriatrics continue with its unstoppable train wreck investing billions into oh so yesterday out...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 10th 16 06:32 AM
by Phil W Lee Go to last post
12 756
BT Contract by Davey
A friend of mine, who lives some distance away, wants to change her 'phone line and broadband away from BT. There are no prizes for guessing why. She has been with them for some years, renewing the service every October, but now that she is actively trying to switch away, BT are saying that she has to keep her current contract with them until it expires, or pay an early termination penalty. Are...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 9th 16 04:22 PM
by Davey Go to last post
46 1,579
7Gbit wifi routers with 802.11ad standard out this year while Bhtee master baits with their krone tool fantasies by 7[_2_]
7Gbit wifi routers with 802.11ad standard out this year while Bhtee master baits with their krone tool fantasies ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Goodie 7Gbit wifi routers out later this...
March 8th 16 08:59 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
2 477
Good/cheap deals for line rental, no calls, ADSL? by [email protected]
We have two phone lines, one is our main domestic line and is with PlusNet who I'm quite happy with for that line. The other line is currently a PlusNet business line as it used to be our business line but the company is now 'not trading' so I want to find a cheaper deal. We make no calls on that line now (well maybe one or two a year) so we're after a cheap as chips phone rental with ADSL. I...
March 6th 16 08:41 AM
by Mike Tomlinson Go to last post
5 480
Our exchange is on the OpenReach accepting_orders.pdf, how long more does it take? by [email protected]
Our exchange has just appeared on the accepting_orders.pdf list (one dated 3/3/2016):- https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-fastfibreaccess/downloads/sffa_exchange_lists/accepting_orders.pdf How soon are we likely to be able to actually order FTTC? -- Chris Green
March 5th 16 07:39 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
5 36
IoD calls for 10Gbit Fibre Optic Internet as standard by 7[_2_]
IoD calls for 10Gbit Fibre Optic Internet as standard ----------------------------------------------------- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35681475 The Institute of Directors call for 10Gbit fibre optic connection as standards to keep up with the rest of the world. Its never going to happen until fibre infrastructure
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
March 3rd 16 10:25 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
24 739
What future for BT and the UK's broadband? by Java Jive
"The UK regulator Ofcom has published its review of the telecoms industry, looking at how to ensure homes and businesses get the best possible phone and broadband services." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35657807# -- ======================================================== Please always reply to ng as the email in this post's header does not exist. Or use a contact address...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
February 29th 16 10:10 AM
by Optimist Go to last post
15 566
Bhtee and VM engaged in fake fibre marketing by 7[_2_]
Bhtee and VM engaged in fake fibre marketing -------------------------------------------- This at the expense of real fibre optic service providers. VM's slow upload speeds and Bhtee's slow broadband on what is supposedly fibre is all down to fake marketing claims and blatant lies of delivering services
February 27th 16 12:31 PM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
1 393
Offcon announces giant tax hike on Krone tools by 7[_2_]
Offcon announces giant tax hike on Krone tools ---------------------------------------------- Apparently Bhtee engineers are addicted to master baiting with their Krone tools all day, and so Offcon now wants these Bhtee perverts to pay for it. Offcon would much rather see Krone tools being banned altogether in favour of optical fibre interconnect tools, butt as there are too many outdated...
February 25th 16 11:37 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
0 270
Separating digital infrastructure from service providers by 7
Separating digital infrastructure from service providers -------------------------------------------------------- Its a bad bad idea for Bhtee to take owership of the digital infrastructure and charger others access. The infrastructure should be a separate entity and paid for by the customer of that infrastructure directly, not the suppliers of services such as broadband and cable service...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 19th 16 08:42 PM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
30 1,061
More authentification problems with BT [Yahoo!] email by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
Invalidated AGAIN last night. OK I had been using Wi-Fi on buses, in the pub, at home and possibly the Institute of Directors, but this seems to happen more than once a month (40 since I started counting in 2014). The principle cause seems to be that as well as accessing my email from my PC (web and Outlook), my phone and tablet also keep up. When oh when are BT going to sack off Yahoo! as...
February 16th 16 01:41 PM
by NY Go to last post
1 321
Anyone able to access who.is website? by Andy Burns[_2_]
I often use http://who.is as a convenient domain lookup tool. But it hasn't worked for me for a week or two, though according to http://isup.me/who.is it's working. I've tried alternate browsers, disabled adblocker, I don't use a hosts file for blocking. Traceroute seems to get to New York, then Washington, then give up
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
February 9th 16 10:59 PM
by bert Go to last post
18 789
BHTeee plodders not wiring up new homes with FTTH or any internet by 7
BHTeee plodders not wiring up new homes with FTTH or any internet ----------------------------------------------------------------- BhTee plodderama! Oh dear!! Break it all up to fix it and let younger men have a go at building FTTH infrastructure instead of old and spent BHTeee plodders and geriatrics who have never seen any fiber in any capacity their entire
February 6th 16 07:34 PM
by Woody Go to last post
7 403
If you can read this, you're probably not with BT by Davey
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/02/02/bt-broadband-suffers-major-outage-across-uk/ -- Davey.
February 3rd 16 10:45 AM
by Adrian Caspersz Go to last post
7 453
Bhtee responsible for making UK worst country in developed world for FTTH by 7
Bhtee responsible for making UK worst country in developed world for FTTH http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/02/uk-remains-absent-2015-global-ultrafast-ftth-broadband-ranking.html Even near third world nations such as Portugal beats UK by a million mile. So the plan is? Plod on weeping like girlies requesting more money from state hand outs to roll out FTTH?
February 1st 16 01:53 PM
by Mark Carver[_2_] Go to last post
5 384
schapps says sell of BT Openreach by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
The Right Grant Schapps has proposed selling off Openreach because of poor performance. Actually BT has been quite good, although it is abusing its monopoly position to over-charge for FTTP (having started off with modest fee to start with). This fails to recognise 'common carrier' nature of the BT network. It is sufficient that it merely has to carry everyone else's traffic for the same price...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 28th 16 06:23 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
57 1,128
Bhteee's fscking trolls by 7
Bhteee's fscking trolls ----------------------- They have an order page for fiber to the premises. So I fill in the web page to offer them moneeeey so they can install it in home. It seems some management troll has decided in the anals of Bhteee mangement trollistic directorialshippy boredroom that it is only suitable for businesses and not for me.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 24th 16 07:10 PM
by 7 Go to last post
15 718
Slow broadband frustrates Skye businesses by Java Jive
"Slow broadband frustrates Skye businesses" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-35241648 """ A spokesman for BT said: "On Hogmanay BT riggers fixed an intermittent fault at the Scoval radio station which serves the Dunvegan area. "This was a very complicated fault to diagnose and poor weather conditions exacerbated the time taken to repair it.
January 23rd 16 05:03 PM
by MB[_2_] Go to last post
2 524
Upload speed suspiciously round number by ima poster
Hi. I have talktalk 76mb fibre large connection. I am getting an upload speed of 2.03Mb/s and a download of 17.33mb/s. These are measured plugging the ethernet cable going into my wireless router into my laptop, so no wifi degradation. Does the upload seem consistent with the download speed? FYI my usage is over 100 gb per month so need the unlimited capacity that comes with 'large'.
January 13th 16 04:30 PM
by ima poster Go to last post
0 358
Post New Thread