Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
For the idly curious. Virgin cable by 7[_2_]
Adrian Caspersz wrote: On 09/08/17 17:27, Tim+ wrote: Our streets are being cabled at the moment and I found an offcut piece of "Virgin cable" under a hedge. life sure is lonely being an offcut, that virgin cable ain't gonna mate with another. I'm so sad for it.... So if you've ever wondered, this is what it looks like...
August 10th 17 12:03 AM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
0 356
What physically happens at the exchange when there's a WLR migration by Mark Carver
My mother today migrated from BT (voice) and Plusnet (ADSL) to Talk Talk (yes I know!) for both services. It's all working as expected, but I caught some strange things happen this morning I turned up at 10:30, and dialed 1571 from her phone,it was TalkTalk's 'Voicemail' service, so I assumed the voice transfer had happened. I then dialed her number from my mobile, and was greeted with the
August 9th 17 12:59 PM
by Mark Carver[_2_] Go to last post
5 396
BT (British Telecum) VM Openroach Offconn sells uploads speeds no good for internet gaming by 7[_2_]
BT (British Telecum) VM Openroach Offconn sells uploads speeds no good for internet gaming ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Internet gaming doesn't work with fake fibre copper services sold by BT, VM, Openroach and the krone tool master baiting wahahahankers who regulate them offconn. Since most of the adults and young population is now...
August 8th 17 04:06 AM
by Brian Gregory Go to last post
3 388
Old TV signals used to plug Monmouthshire broadband gap by Java Jive
"Old TV signals used to plug Monmouthshire broadband gap" For 'signals' read 'bandwidth' ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-40544313 """ The broadband gap in a part of rural Monmouthshire is set to be plugged by TV broadcast frequencies left over from the digital switchover.
August 7th 17 02:28 PM
by Martin Brown[_2_] Go to last post
7 469
BT Using Monopoly Position In Attempt To Water Down Government Policy by Java Jive
"BT offers broadband for 99% of UK" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40751449 Absolutely no-one here believes any such thing BT says, because they won't pay even to maintain the current infrastructure, let alone any improvement ... http://www.macfh.co.uk/Shinness/FTTCSubmission/AchfrishFault.jpg http://www.macfh.co.uk/Shinness/FTTCSubmission/NewAchfrishFault.jpg
August 7th 17 12:49 PM
by MB[_2_] Go to last post
8 421
BT (British Telecum) lies about rural broadband by tim...
"7" wrote in message ... BT (British Telecum) lies about rural broadband ----------------------------------------------- https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-30/bt-pitches-788-million-plan-for-faster-u-k-rural-broadband It claims it wants about a 2000 per household to cable up rural when we already know its less...
August 7th 17 12:42 PM
by MB[_2_] Go to last post
2 360
BBC News Blunder by Java Jive
"Powys man gets broadband via satellite over Africa" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-40745533 " they are positioned above the equator to maximise coverage." Oh dear! Actually, they are positioned over the equator because that is the only place you can obtain a geo-stationary orbit, enabling fixed dishes to work. Satellites that aren't in geo-stationary orbit
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 3rd 17 05:20 PM
by Graham J[_2_] Go to last post
57 963
BBC News Blunder by PeterC
On Sun, 30 Jul 2017 17:58:57 +0100, NY wrote: "NY" wrote in message news:... "Bill Wright" wrote in message ... On 30/07/2017 14:33, 7 wrote: Could you not have a satellite in a geostationary orbit above another line of latitude than the equator
July 31st 17 08:48 AM
by PeterC Go to last post
0 290
Block One Device by Simple Simon
I have a TP-Link Archer VR900 Router. I want to stop one device accessing the internet at all times but still be available on the local network. I have looked at access control and parental control but neither seem to be able to do this. Suggestions (other than get a new router )
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 28th 17 09:38 PM
by Theo[_2_] Go to last post
11 486
Why do I need a new router? by Murmansk
I'm upgrading from standard Plusnet broadband at about 12mbps to fibre at about 38mbps They say they're going to send me a new router which is fair enough but it set me wondering - exactly why so I need a new router or what is it about faster speed that the current router can't cope with?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
July 25th 17 08:42 PM
by Andy Burns[_5_] Go to last post
20 716
How many subnets in a typical McDonalds? by Adrian Caspersz
If I wander in there with n devices connected to their wifi, can the interfaces talk to each other as well as the net? I'm hoping the answer is no... as I'm dreaming up a shared internet facility trying to keep student users roughly isolated on a simple switch (no VLAN support). Current plan is multiple DHCP leases, all individually on their own local lan subnets, each subnet connected to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 25th 17 06:15 PM
by Mike Tomlinson Go to last post
17 541
BT and Openroach Lies about leased line? by 7[_2_]
BT and Openroach Lies about leased line? ---------------------------------------- BT (British Telecum) with biggest thieving of public purse Deutch Telecum owner of BT following the same corrupt practices as they do in Germany with the least best telecum network in EU, have for years been milking UK plc with fake leased line invoicing.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
July 22nd 17 09:08 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
21 916
RJ11 to RJ11 cable by DrTeeth
I need to buy a spare one of these cables. I have a VSDL connection. Does it matter if I buy one that says that it is suitable for an ADSL connection? I don't know if they are wired any differently. Ideally I am looking for a shielded cable. If anybody has any info on where I could get one I would be obliged. I am looking for one myself as I type... Many thanks -- Cheers,
July 20th 17 06:09 PM
by DrTeeth Go to last post
9 414
Swapping DSL routers by Theo[_2_]
Quick sanity check: the way Openreach ISPs implement ADSL these days, is it necessary to program the router with a username and password to authenticate to the ISP, or is it entirely done by which line you're on? Does the same apply for LLU ISPs? For FTTC, do you still get given an Openreach VDSL modem, or is it integrated now? If you change fibre ISP, do you keep the VDSL modem (with any...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
July 19th 17 07:49 PM
by Andy Burns[_5_] Go to last post
21 630
Looking for my old beetle EUY882J by Neil - ee
Looking for my old beetle EUY882J Anyone know the whereabouts of my old white beetle. I was the first owner from Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, and having stumbled around dvla website, its seems the car still exists, and stored off road(sorn) dvla details below, freely available.
July 16th 17 08:30 PM
by Neil[_2_] Go to last post
1 1,970
BT fraudulent fake prices for leased line in London by 7[_2_]
BT (British Telecum / Openroach) fraudulent fake prices for leased line in London --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The more you insist you want a company to supply you with 1 gigabit symmetric fibre like Hyperoptic, B4RN, Gigaclear, Cityfibre, Venus, etc in London, the more you are told Bhtee with Deutche Telecum rip off merchant big investor and...
July 5th 17 06:04 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
0 305
How farmer's wifey 1Gbit fibre optic network beats up BT, VM, offconn, Openroach university PhDs by 7[_2_]
How farmer's wifey 1Gbit fibre optic network beats up BT, VM, offconn, Openroach university PhDs ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKBIeygrL1o Its utter shambles that a farmer's wifey has beaten up decades of PhD trolls employed in BT (Britsh Telecum), offconn, Openroach, VM etc.
July 5th 17 05:28 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
6 353
How to use a fusion splicer to wire up with fibre by 7[_2_]
How to use a fusion splicer to wire up with fibre ------------------------------------------------- If you are krone tool master baiter and desperate to escape your Openroach employer and go into business installing fibre everywhere and making a huge profit, then look at this video on how a farmer's wifey has made a multi-million pound empire in her back yard installing fibre.
July 5th 17 02:26 AM
by Sn!pe[_2_] Go to last post
1 314
Two Fibre nodes yards of each other by 7[_2_]
Two Fibre nodes yards of each other ----------------------------------- I got involved in a fibre install. When the streets were opened up it turns out there were two nodes under the street yards of each other. The mind boggled - why the fsck does bhtee openroach have TWO fibre
June 28th 17 10:54 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
7 420
ADSL/VDSL routers - are they all total rubbish? by Chris Green
I have recently moved from an ADSL connection to VDSL/FTTC, on the ADSL connection I used a Draytek Vigor 2820n router. I run a couple of services on my home LAN, specifically ssh (so I can connect from the outside world) and SMTP (for mail delivery). Thus I need a router that does port forwarding and has a configurable firewall, I want/need to limit the ssh and SMTP access to a few specific IP...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 27th 17 08:47 PM
by Andy Burns[_5_] Go to last post
31 1,492