Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
BT Price increases Jan 18 by Ash Burton
Just had e-mail notification of BT's new year price increase for broadband/line rental and call packages. 2 per month increase on broadband/line rental to 21.99/month. Stiil not a bad deal tho'.
December 11th 17 08:53 PM
by bert Go to last post
5 421
$270 for 3km 4 core outdoor fibre to cable up Brex**** plc by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
On Sunday, 10 December 2017 23:06:48 UTC, Paul Cummins wrote: In article , (7) wrote: The results are usually better than 0.01db loss. Not possible... you cannot measure luminosity loss in dB. Well I suppose you could measure it in magnitude, but dB seems sensible to me.
December 11th 17 12:50 PM
by Tony Dragon Go to last post
1 227
BBC News: Hotel's shock at 80,000 superfast broadband quote by MB[_2_]
On the BBC News website, the hotel seems to want BT or other broadband users to subsidise his hotel. I don't see any mention of other broadband suppliers rushing to connect them for a lower price, it is always BT that gets blamed. Perhaps Mr. 7 can connect them via fibre.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
December 5th 17 10:11 AM
by Martin Brown[_2_] Go to last post
24 767
Upgrade to plusnet fibre - router question by chris
I've been offered an interesting deal to move to fibre from ADSL - essentially it's cheaper than I'm paying now. I currently have a TP-link archer router, which I'd like to keep. I realise the router part is incompatible with VDSL, but can I piggyback the TP-link onto the plusnet VDSL router and keep using it?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
December 4th 17 08:09 AM
by Woody Go to last post
21 769
Maximum upload and download speeds on FTTC by Chris Green
We are in the happy position of being fairly close to a new FTTC cabinet even though we're out in the wilds of rural suffolk. Currently I'm on the 'standard' PlusNet fibre deal which gives me 40Mb/s download and (recently upraded by PlusNet, for free) 10Mb/s upload. My router confirms we really get these connection speeds and says the 'maximum' possible is a *lot* better:-
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 3rd 17 11:48 PM
by Chris Green Go to last post
12 596
Possible Plusnet congestion problem - one for Bob Pullen? by Graham J[_2_]
My neighbour has a Plusnet connection, with a static IP address. Since exactly midday yesterday (23/11/17) ping responses from his public IP have been intermittently poor - I see maybe 20 good replies then several seconds with one or two replies missing. I use F8Lure to monitor the reliability of his connection. It shows failures rather like the example...
November 30th 17 02:54 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
4 492
Strange BT broadband pricing by Andrew[_2_]
My latest BT bill shows broadband and line rental charged at 35.99 after many years of separate line rental and bband charges and various discount, all of which have now vanished. They have been nagging me with free infinity activation for ages so out of interest I had a look at what their so-called offers are :- cost type speed limit cloud 35.99 (now) adsl2+ ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 27th 17 08:02 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
31 1,074
Offcum BT lose 1 billion Black Friday sales for retailers by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
On Sunday, 26 November 2017 00:15:26 UTC, 7 wrote: R. Mark Clayton wrote: R. Mark Clayton wrote: Offcum BT lose 1 billion Black Friday sales for retailers ================================= ---------------------------------------------------------
November 27th 17 01:16 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
0 377
Pusnet et al must include line rental when advertising by 7[_2_]
Pusnet et al must include line rental when advertising ----------------------------------------------------- https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/11/asa-forces-uk-business-isps-include-line-rental-costs-broadband.html Quuaaaackkkhhh....!!! So how many *fscking* customers have been robbed of a fair deal from buying pure fibre by krone tool master baiting telecum trolls hiding line rental...
November 15th 17 09:01 PM
by tim... Go to last post
3 445
Are fibre connections any more reliable? by Clive Page
we've been with Plusnet for several years and until recently the service has been quite good. But in the last fortnight we've had 24 hours with a download speed of about a tenth of the usual, and since then numerous outages lasting a minute or two. My attempt to get through to Plusnet via their Chat system crashed out after I had been in a queue for over 30 minutes. I've now submitted a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 14th 17 11:23 AM
by Adrian Caspersz Go to last post
55 1,103
Ofcom plans instant payback for broadband woes by Java Jive
"Customers would be entitled to automatic compensation, without having to go through a potentially lengthy and difficult claims process," the regulator said. They would receive either a cash payment or a credit on their bill, with the level of payments set by Ofcom. The proposed scale of charges would be: 10 for each calendar day that the service is not repaired
November 13th 17 08:47 PM
by bert Go to last post
2 519
Hyperoptic done over by ASA by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7846-back-to-drawing-board-for-hyperoptic-as-circular-banned Who would have thought it?
October 27th 17 10:16 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
5 462
Arduino SMTP2GO and BT by Peter Andrews[_2_]
I'm using an Arduino to monitor an alarm and sending an email using SMTP2GO when an alarm occurs. All works perfectly when connected to VM (cable) broadband but fails to connect when using a BT broadband connection and I've tried two! Any ideas? Peter --- This email has been checked for viruses by AVG. http://www.avg.com
October 27th 17 09:29 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
4 396
FTTP: New Build Home by Mark Carver
Went with my lad today to look at a new build flat for him. To my amazement it had a BT FTTP install, complete with powered up terminal equipment. So, if he buys the place, and moves in, what are his options ? From Googling it seems that only a handful of ISPs offer a service. He'll want unlimited usage, but I assume a 330 meg service will have a
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 17th 17 10:56 PM
by Bob Eager[_3_] Go to last post
48 1,314
Draytek Vigor 2820n WiFi failure, fixed by reboot by Chris Green
I have a venerable Draytek Vigor 2820n which is now serving simply as a WiFi router at the far end of my house to provide coverage there. It has a wired connection to my main (FTTC) Tp-Link router. It suffers from its WiFi failing after running OK for a day or two. The symptoms are that it *appears* to work still, i.e. the SSID is broadcast and one can connect successfully to the WiFi but...
October 16th 17 02:15 PM
by Chris Green Go to last post
6 426
Any ISPs offering 18x2 FTTC ? by Andrew Benham
The BT Broadband Availability Checker shows that "WBC FTTC 18x2" is available on my line. Since my downstream sync speed is only 20 Mbps at the moment, 18x2 might be a better option than the 40x10 I'm signed up for currently. But are any ISPs offering 18x2 ? Can't see any mention on the usual suspects' web sites.
October 15th 17 05:53 PM
by Invalid Go to last post
3 412
Creaking copper - the greatest lie ever sold by Bhtee master baiters to UK by 7[_2_]
Creaking copper - the greatest lie ever sold by Bhtee master baiters to UK -------------------------------------------------------------------------- To get more money for fake creeking cupper - bhtee krone tool master baiters have been with the help of offconn telling the greatest of all lies about telecum industry to government for decades. Bhtee offconn Openoroach have cheated City companies...
October 15th 17 02:57 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
2 385
plusnet refusing to send emails by Chris
Anyone else had this? I'm trying to send a reply to a long threaded email, but it is being blocked due to 'virus or spam'. It is neither.
October 12th 17 05:55 PM
by Tim Streater[_2_] Go to last post
7 531
Sky internet connection question by Graham J[_2_]
A friend has a Sky TV system. There is a main receiver and several slave boxes. I cannot at the moment tell you the model numbers or other details. All are connected to WiFi Access Points and hence via his router to the internet. His house is fairly large and several access points are required to get good coverage. He does have Cat5 Ethernet cable installed at every location where the...
October 10th 17 11:32 AM
by global93 Go to last post
6 905
is there anyone there by David Wade[_3_]
On 01/10/2017 21:28, Vir Campestris wrote: On 27/09/2017 08:22, Graham J wrote: Is there a broadband service in Spain or Portugal?* How does it compare with here in the UK? Spain has the State Telco with ADSL plus various other offerings using WiFi, 4G FTTC and Fibre to the premises. ADSL is expensive, especially if you don't need a phone line. Other services can be...
October 2nd 17 01:29 PM
by Andy Burns[_5_] Go to last post
2 522
Post New Thread