Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
BT TV box uncommanded power on by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
Mine keeps coming on at odd times, despite being set to be on cold standby and no configured events. If previously on an online channel it saps bandwidth between the router and the net, slowing my PC. Anyone know how to stop this short of unplugging the wall wart?
February 7th 18 10:12 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
4 400
FTTC again!!! :( by Flyig u 218 + on netbook
After waiting since December 2012, which was the first availability of VDSL FTTC and SOGEA from my local cabinet that I was aware of, and from then, them constantly putting the date back, so that the last they were publishing was December 2017 we have now progressed. There is no availability date published at all, andwhat they state now is: 'VDSL FTTC and SOGEA is currently not...
January 31st 18 05:07 PM
by Martin Brown[_2_] Go to last post
9 462
John Lewis Broadband versus TalkTalk for VDSL/FTTC (traffic shaping) by Winston Smith[_2_]
Right now I have ADSL with Plus.net. Recently the the cabinet in my street was fibre-enabled, and I can now get VDSL (FTTC). Right now I am getting 1Mbps up/ 6Mbps down, and 65 ms ping. I will be upgrading to 10Mbps up/38Mbps up. Will the ping time improve much? I can try to get a higher speed 76Mbps product, but I doubt I can get that speed 300 meters away from the cabinet or that there...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 29th 18 08:17 PM
by critcher[_3_] Go to last post
35 1,019
Domain Name Release by Simple Simon
I have several domain names hosted on daily.co.uk left over from previous projects. I no longer want/need them. They are all set to expire but I would be happier if they were released now. Some however have another year to run. I have asked daily if they would release them now but I got a flat "no" in reply.
January 28th 18 03:58 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 328
BT (British Telecum) to pay 8 beelion for football but invest 2 beelion fo by Paul Cummins
In article , (7) wrote: So BT (British Telecum) is a Teevee cumpany? Yes, the same as Sky, Virgin, etc. BT has been involved in TV distribution since building Milton Keynes cable int he 1960's.
January 28th 18 01:15 PM
by johnny-knowall Go to last post
1 288
Eternal September by Woody
Is it down again? -- Woody harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com
January 27th 18 08:54 PM
by tim... Go to last post
3 262
Strange speeds by Woody
A farmer friend has four lines to his premises all with their own broadband (ask ye not why.) They run on the same U/G cable direct from the exchange to a pole DP and then in the same O/H multi-core cable to his premises. All are BT circuits as there is no other option. Can anyone explain to me why dslchecker shows different end speeds and why there is so much variaton, all in Mb/s: ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 27th 18 08:25 PM
by Woody Go to last post
12 376
Net neutrality by MB[_2_]
A friend sent me a link to a YouTube item sending up Net Neutrality https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ltzy5vRmN8Q He commented also The giant Reese's (peanut butter sweet similar to Rolos) mug at the end is a poke at the Chairman of the FCC.
January 27th 18 07:13 PM
by MB[_2_] Go to last post
0 234
Action needed to pass local bylaws prohibiting any further install of copper internet by 7[_2_]
Action needed to pass local bylaws prohibiting any further install of copper internet ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Choose symmetric fibre internet - it is 20x cheaper than copper broadband internet. There is no point in installing new copper broadband. There is no point in spending 5 and 6 figure sums of money installing fibre to cabinet...
January 26th 18 04:26 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
3 239
Local Fibre Unbundling works in Africa by Paul Cummins
In article , (7) wrote: Local Fibre Unbundling works in Africa Still a lie. -- Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead Wasting Bandwidth since 1981
January 24th 18 02:57 PM
by MB[_2_] Go to last post
2 246
How to create a shiite UK telecum regulator by 7[_2_]
How to create a shiite UK telecum regulator ------------------------------------------- The easiest way to create a shiite UK telecum regulator is to copy the existing shiite telecum regulator like offcum that invests in shiite telecum cumpany like BT (British Telecum) shiite for investor value ideals. 1. Unlike water for example, where a water company can dig to aquifer to extract water...
January 24th 18 11:20 AM
by Paul Cross Go to last post
5 251
Why you should never mix electric cables with fibre by 7[_2_]
Why you should never mix electric cables with fibre --------------------------------------------------- Telecum trolls are always pressing for electric cables with fibre. But this is extremely dangerous and costly to provision for very little gain. For starters if lightening strikes anywhere in the countryside, it would choose the electrical cables as shortest path to earth and blow out and/or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 23rd 18 05:53 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
13 348
Fake internet known as broadband does'nt work any more by 7[_2_]
Fake internet known as broadband does'nt work any more ------------------------------------------------------ Fake internet sold as broadband doesn't work any more in the age of IoT. Stick a home server and try to access it remotely, the best of luck! It will take hours to download a directory full of work files.
January 22nd 18 03:39 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
4 268
BT fault in Morvern by MB[_2_]
Anyone know anything about the BT broadband fault in Morvern. A friend was telling me that he has been off since Tuesday and only restored today. Being blamed on lightning.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 22nd 18 01:11 PM
by MB[_2_] Go to last post
19 321
Is it better to install 1gbit fibre or 10gbit fibre in UK plc? by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
On Sunday, 7 January 2018 12:58:59 UTC, 7 wrote: Is it better to install 1gbit fibre or 10gbit fibre in UK plc? -------------------------------------------------------------- The answer is 10gbit fibre. The answer is dark fibre and you stick whatever kit you want at each end... Oh and you do NOT need 100 cores - just a few (for redundancy).
January 16th 18 04:31 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
4 242
How krone tool master baitors BT attacked a UK village by 7[_2_]
How krone tool master baitors BT attacked a UK village ------------------------------------------------------ These *fscking* BT (British Telecum) krone tool master baiters and how they abuse UK villagers seems to come with no limit. https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/01/wonky-fttc-broadband-rollout-confuses-aberdeenshire-village.html
January 15th 18 11:18 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
0 191
Local Fibre Unbundling - Waank WaAANKK WAAANNKKhhh SPLAT!!! by 7[_2_]
Local Fibre Unbundling - Waank WaAANKK WAAANNKKhhh SPLAT!!! ----------------------------------------------------------- OMG! Everything is turning WHITE! I must have over done it this time :) The topic of Local Fibre Unbundling brings fear into the
January 15th 18 09:15 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
4 192
G.Fast is G.Slow copper - no buyers - BT Openroach shiites itself by 7[_2_]
G.Fast is G.Slow copper - no buyers - BT Openroach shiites itself -------------------------------------------------------------- Mobile companies not interested in rolling out G.slow. Openroach BT (British Telecum) Offcum shiites itself. Peechy situation developing. Mobiles are faster at uploading and downloading
January 14th 18 11:16 AM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
3 219
leaving phone of hook slow broadband down by freeflow
Hi Bt openreach has been trying to fix my broadband problem now for 4 month, when my phone rings i get disconnected. I got adsl and a 8km direct line to exchange,no cabinet yesterday i was in an important conference and the phone disconnected that conference and my broadband when it rang ,so i decided to take the phone of the hook now ,but my broadband download has now slowed down from 700 kpbs...
January 14th 18 09:53 AM
by freeflow Go to last post
0 175
yahoo down again by critcher[_3_]