Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Rural not-spot scheme by Andy Burns[_5_]
All four mobile operators to co-operate in mast sharing scheme to provide 95% geographical 4G coverage by 2025 ... https://www.gov.uk/government/news/1-billion-deal-set-to-solve-poor-mobile-coverage
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
October 26th 19 04:42 PM
by MissRiaElaine[_2_] Go to last post
26 352
Almost one-fifth of Britons 'do not use internet' by Java Jive
"Almost one-fifth of Britons 'do not use internet' Almost 20% of British people are not using the internet, a survey suggests. The detailed in-home survey of almost 2,000 Britons found that 18% described themselves as non-users. The Oxford Internet Institute (OII), which carried out the research, said people falling into the category tended to be older and poorer than frequent net users.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 16th 19 12:10 PM
by Martin Brown[_2_] Go to last post
285 921
Open VPN Sever on TP-Link AC2800 Router by Simple Simon
I have setup the Open VPN Sever on my TP-Link Router - it works fine and I can connect to my Home Network whilst away using the OpenVPN client on my iPad and iPhone. The router has been updated to the latest firmware. I used the instructions here https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/1237/?utm_medium=select-local
October 1st 19 01:22 PM
by Simple Simon Go to last post
0 200
IMAP, SMTP and SSL problem by Graham J[_3_]
Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 ------------------------- I can set up an email account hosted with https://www.broadbandcloudsolutions.co.uk/ using IMAP & SMTP ports 993 and 465, SSL enabled, and authentication for the SMTP server. But with exactly similar settings an account hosted with https://www.tsohost.com fails with messages of the form "authentication
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
September 26th 19 07:02 PM
by Graham J[_3_] Go to last post
10 214
Helicopter tour in Nepal by subash kc
The Helicopter tour packages in Nepal gives you an opportunity to discover around the geographical territories of Nepal. From aerial sightseeing to heli trek, we offer you remarkable travel experience. From airborne sightseeing to Heli trek, offering you an unforgettable travel experience of nature and Nepalís dotted travel terminuses from the luxury of a helicopter. website:...
September 24th 19 09:22 AM
by subash kc Go to last post
0 149
BT Email by Paddy Dzell
I've had the same four @btinternet.com email addresses for something like 15 to 20 years but changed ISP to Sky Broadband about a month ago. I always thought that, as long as you logged into the email account at least once every 90 days, it would remain open for *receiving*, even though you wouldn't be able to send or reply. No email has come into any of the four accounts for three days now...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
September 23rd 19 11:30 PM
by Laurence Taylor Go to last post
13 309
Ethernet 3G or 4G or 5G modem ? by Graham J[_3_]
I see numerous occasions in rural areas where a good mobile signal is only obtainable outside a building, and sometimes even then only high up for example at roof level. In these same locations FTTC is never available, and ADSL is treacly slow. There are routers which implement a WAN connection using a plug-in 3G/4G/5G modem - but the only models I've seen use USB. This limits the cable...
September 19th 19 08:06 PM
by David Wade[_3_] Go to last post
9 197
UK's full-fibre broadband coverage rises to 8%, says Ofcom by Java Jive
"UK's full-fibre broadband coverage rises to 8%, says Ofcom About 400,000 UK properties gained access to full-fibre broadband for the first time over the first four months of the year, according to Ofcom. That gave access to a total of 8% of all premises, marking a one percentage point gain, the watchdog said. The numbers highlight the amount of work that needs to be done if the Prime...
September 19th 19 12:40 PM
by Java Jive Go to last post
0 157
Virgin media parameters by DrTeeth
Hi, I will be joining Virgin media at the end of the month and would like to use my own router. I have already asked on the VM community and have not got anything useful. The thing is that I am looking for a list of their network parameters that I can enter into my router. Does anybody here know where I can get them?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
September 17th 19 07:09 PM
by Woody Go to last post
18 299
Plusnet usenet by Andy Burns[_5_]
Any plusnet users here? Has news.plus.net started prompting you for username/password? I think it previously recognised plusnet users by IP addr Have they forgotten to send a shilling to Giganews? Anyone got a different method to ping Bob other than p.s.customer-feedback? I think he does show up over here, but only
September 6th 19 01:32 PM
by Plusnet Support Team Go to last post
8 220
FTTH by Graham J[_3_]
Just received a marketing circular from: www.countybroadbandfibre.co.uk Anybody here have any experience with them? -- Graham J
August 22nd 19 11:35 AM
by Graham J[_3_] Go to last post
0 202
Weird 4G speeds by Tim+[_2_]
Our local 4G speed sucks when it deigns to visit our house. Today I was running Speedtest in various parts of our town and surroundings. At my house I was getting 5.82 Mbps download and 0.24 Mbps upload. Down on the beach I could get 18 Mbps download and 34.6 Mbps upload. Isn't this a reversal of the ‚Äúnormal‚ÄĚ download/upload ratios? Tim --
August 18th 19 12:51 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
3 198
VPN on Windows 10 by Graham J[_3_]
On a Windows 7 PC I can set up a dial-up VPN connection to a Draytek router at a remote location. Using the same IP address and login credentials I try to set up a VPN on a Windows 10 PC. It fails saying "Windows could not create your connection" - a typical Microsoft unhelpful error message! Does anybody know why the VPN client works with Windows 7 and not with Windows 10, and so what to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
August 14th 19 05:19 PM
by Graham J[_3_] Go to last post
14 941
Cheap wired-only router by Theo[_2_]
It looks like my BT Smart Hub (HH6) is having trouble with devices roaming between its wifi interface and another access point attached to its ethernet. The wifi on the HH6 is rather good, but it looks like the routing is suffering. It isn't supported by OpenWRT at present. If I can demote the HH6 to being a wifi access point only (and that helps the problem), what's a good consumer router for...
August 13th 19 02:39 PM
by Chris Bartram Go to last post
7 328
BT broadband issues by Recliner[_3_]
I've had BT ADSL from when it was first available in 2000, and unlimited VDSL2 FTTC for several years now. It's generally performed to expectations with few technical issues. But from early this year, my FTTC performance has nose-dived: numerous dropouts and upload speed below 0.5 Mbps, rather than the ~11 it should be. Download speed is very variable, but much less than the 50+ Mbps that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 9th 19 12:58 PM
by Recliner[_4_] Go to last post
154 1,555
Broadband chiefs fire back at PM's full-fibre internet pledge by Java Jive
""" Broadband chiefs fire back at PM's full-fibre internet pledge By Leo Kelion Technology desk editor 3 August 2019 The UK's telecoms industry has issued the prime minister a challenge of its own after Boris Johnson said he wanted full-fibre broadband "for all" by 2025.
August 3rd 19 10:34 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
2 326
Are there 'home' wired APs available? by Chris Green
I'm after some WiFi access points which are probably 'business' oriented in their facilities but don't have the complicated management control systems that many seem to have. I.e. I want wired 'backhaul', that is it will have a wired connection to my main VDSL router and I'd like (but it isn't vital) to have one or two more RJ45s for local client devices. I don't want a full blown router, apart...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 22nd 19 05:03 PM
by Chris Green Go to last post
34 798
Modem/router or just router for Sky Fibre by Paddy Dzell
I'm switching broadband provider from BT to Sky FTTC. Sky have sent me their Sky Q Hub (combined VDSL modem/router) but from what I've read it only has two SSIDs associated with the wifi, one for the 2.4GHz band and the other for the 5GHz band. I need to set up at least two 'guest networks' that will be completely isolated from each other and, more importantly, from my own network. I've...
July 17th 19 01:29 PM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
5 380
Advice on setting up multiple wifi networks to give coverage throughout house by NY[_2_]
We've moved into a house with fairly thick internal walls (*). The router's wifi does not cover the whole house. As a first attempt to solve this, I tried a Homeplug/Wifi adaptor, connected over mains wiring to another Homeplug device that is plugged into the router. However over-the-mains connection speed drops to about 5 Mbps within a couple of rooms and is undetectable further away than...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 12th 19 06:48 PM
by Mike Perkins Go to last post
51 1,419
Mismatch between WAN IP address given by F8LURE and one given by router by NY[_2_]
My router reports that its WAN IP address is in the dyn.plus.net domain, which makes sense since Plusnet are our ISP. The GRC Shields Up site, and the Net Analyzer app on Android, report this same address. But F8LURE (http://fruk.net/index.php?fruk=f8lure) reports a completely different IP address, in the in-addr.btopenworld.com domain. Should I be worried by this mismatch? F8LURE reports...
July 5th 19 04:37 PM
by Plusnet Support Team Go to last post
7 424
Post New Thread