Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Mars IT abandons UK because of shiite Internet by 7[_2_]
Mars IT ditches UK rollout because of shiite Internet ----------------------------------------------------- Mars IT has said UK Internet is shiite and its moving all operations to Europe. They are not paying 85,000 + VAT for shiite Internet of 10gbits. May be 30/m in line with where International norms are heading.
July 27th 18 03:02 AM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
7 325
Router will not logon to WAN after work on telephone pole by NY
My parents' internet has stopped working. I seems that some gardeners who were working next door were removing some branches that overhung the overhead mains wires from a wooden pole to the houses (theirs and the neighbour's). This pole also carries overhead phone lines. The work that they were doing involved temporarily turning off the mains to my parents' house and using winches to pull...
July 26th 18 04:37 PM
by Graham J[_2_] Go to last post
9 305
Gigabit Fiber- big Demand with =?UTF-8?B?wqMyMDAw?= Gaming PCs by 7[_2_]
Gigabit Fiber- big Demand with 2000 Gaming PCs ----------------------------------------------- There is no way to *fscking* way is it possible to spend 2000 on a gaming PC and without first spending 30 to 50 per month on symmetric gigabit fiber Internet. There is no *FSCKING* Symmetric Gigabit Fiber Internet in London and UK unlike say Paris
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 23rd 18 03:44 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
14 454
No Customers in London/UK with symmetric gigabit Internet for 5G,IoT, AI, MI, VR, AR Digital by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
On Thursday, 19 July 2018 20:26:53 UTC+1, 7 wrote: No Customers in London/UK with symmetric gigabit Internet for 5G, IoT, AI, MI, VR, AR Digital --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- No *fscking* customers in London/UK with symmetric gigabit Internet for 5G, IoT, AI, MI, VR, AR Digital, so what the *fsck* is any of the Industry...
July 22nd 18 04:28 AM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
5 284
"Britain's digital divide" by Chris
Brilliant analysis and visualisation of broadband coverage in the UK from the FT. Shows how stark difference can be just streets away. https://ig.ft.com/gb-broadband-speed-map/
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 21st 18 01:04 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
36 617
How to tell if you need fast Internet by 7[_2_]
How to tell if you need fast Internet ------------------------------------- Internet is now the back bone of Industry. Without Internet most companies would stand to loose substantial amounts of income from the outage. If the Internet is replaced with slow Internet, the frustration and loss of productivity become unimaginable and incalculable. So lets now assume your Internet speed is restored.
July 20th 18 08:05 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
1 240
Gigabit fibre - people won't buy it - a lesson for 7 by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/8110-uk-could-be-number-1-in-broadband-league-tables-rather-than-35th Quite a long article showing the methodology was badly flawed and that people are quite happy with 40/10 ADSL and won't pay a premium to go faster. So Hyperoptic, already a money pit, looks set never to find the customers it needs to break even in its cherry picked areas... 7 had better...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
July 19th 18 02:12 PM
by MB[_2_] Go to last post
29 491
Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why? by Chris Green
I have a (mostly Linux) home network with a Draytek 2860n connecting to the internet using VDSL. It all works well and much as expected. Mostly visitors using MS Windows and Android seem to connect to my WiFi OK too. However it would seem that Windows 10 (and possibly some iPhones) are failing to connect and I really can't see why. I have a Windows 10 partition on my (normally Linux) laptop...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 17th 18 12:51 PM
by Andy Burns[_5_] Go to last post
50 612
Offcum has its Blue Peter moment with shiiite flying everywhere by 7[_2_]
Offcum has its Blue Peter moment with shiiite flying everywhere --------------------------------------------------------------- http://www.bmmagazine.co.uk/news/worldwide-broadband-speed-league-unveiled-uk-slips-four-places-to-35th%E2%80%8B/ The Blue Peter moment occurred on BBC Live TV when an elephant realizing it was the only elephant in the room started to spray shiite in all direction on...
July 16th 18 01:38 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
0 200
Late in the day by DrTeeth
Hi, The main reason I have stayed with BT is so that I would be able to change my ISP on my FTTC connection without any hiccups. Is this necessary these days? I have had enough of BT and would like to move both my landlines from them. Other than my broadband issue above, can any of you recommend a good landline operator with customer service in the UK?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 13th 18 04:23 PM
by Davey Go to last post
16 453
London touts Investors to go elsewhere to invest in Digital by 7[_2_]
London touts Investors to go elsewhere to invest in Digital ----------------------------------------------------------- There is no symmetric gigabit Internet in London so investing in London is not an option to Internet entrepreneurs. They all go to France - its simple, just arrive, use Internet to find some good companies and invest. Its all free Internet in most places across the globe now.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 12th 18 03:58 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
10 304
City of London fibered up in a few weeks with micro Kerb Trenching by 7[_2_]
City of London fibered up in a few weeks with micro Kerb Trenching ------------------------------------------------------------------ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wisrs03EkDM The machine cuts micro trenches parallel to the kerb for installing fiber optic cables. No need to cone off the area while the work is being done.
July 10th 18 06:50 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
3 199
ADSL 2+ upgrade at 3.5km 47dB attn by Martin Brown[_2_]
Our rural exchange has upgraded from ADSL Max to full ADSL 2+ this weekend. The wires are still the same old ancient copper. I already got 5M/0.448M and had looked at the graphs for my range and line attenuation so I wasn't expecting much improvement maybe 10%. I now get 5.94M/1.0M with SNR 6.0 and 6.7 respectively = +20%, +110%.
July 10th 18 11:47 AM
by Martin Brown[_2_] Go to last post
0 171
Wireless router with guest wifi networks by Pete Zahut[_2_]
I currently have an Asus router that has four separate wifi networks for guest use. Each network can have its own SSID, password, and is completely isolated from all other networks whether wired or wifi. It's on its last legs and I need a replacement but having guest wifi access is a must, preferably four as I have now but I could do with three at a push. Any recommendations?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 10th 18 11:29 AM
by Adrian Caspersz Go to last post
12 292
Master baiting with krone tool.. OOoo! I think its gettingbigger! by +++ATH0
On 2018-05-30 16:01, 7 wrote: Telecum companies save 50,000 to 100,000 for every telephone cabinet in the street because fiber doesn't need cabinets. It runs for 20km to 100km without repeater! So no need for cabinets from local exchange. Do you seriously think that if fibre replaced copper that they would be installing fibre exchange lines for every consumer?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 9th 18 11:13 AM
by MB[_2_] Go to last post
10 224
Forcing Torrent files to download by Pete Zahut[_2_]
I've been downloading something (completely legal - not all torrents are to do with piracy) for 4 DAYS 11 HOURS up to now. The total size of the item is 23.3GB and I've got 21.7GB or 96.9% (got 2778 pieces of 2865). Availability of said item is 1.969. Seeds = 1 of 1 connected (1 in swarm), Peers = 2 of 5 connected (2 in swarm). My current download speed is 0.8kB/s giving an ETA of 1 week...
July 8th 18 11:14 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
3 157
City of London to save billions by switching from BT to pure fiber providers by 7[_2_]
City of London to save billions by switching from BT to pure fiber providers ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- The problem with BT (British Telecum) is that it is shiite for symmetric gigabit fiber installation. They don't know how to make it and sell it despite owning 1 million 10gbit symmetric links paying 150/m whilst charging the City 25,000 to...
July 8th 18 06:05 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
3 174
Poor BT Suport re email failures by Terry Pinnell[_2_]
Have other BT customers been experiencing inexplicable failure of incoming and outgoing email? Mine was unavailable all day yesterday, with messages like this from my email program: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h8ctnu0daev5k4u/EmailFailureAgain.jpg?dl=0 I assumed (and still do) that it was due to the very large incidence of outages across the UK. (My wife seems to be suffering on TalkTalk, BTW; is...
July 3rd 18 12:26 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
9 192
Fed up villagers in Wales install their own symmetric gigabit fiber by 7[_2_]
Fed up villagers in Wales install their own symmetric gigabit fiber ------------------------------------------------------------------- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBjTIzvVeIY Its so simple - just dig a small ditch, put fiber and use fully automated fusion splicers to join cables. Every town and village can do this to ditch BT (British Telecum) offcum
July 1st 18 06:57 PM
by Davey Go to last post
3 166
IP panic alarm system for the elderly by Graham J[_2_]
Please see my post in uk.telecom.voip The issue is that a Tunstall Lifeline V product does not work with a VoIP system from Voipfone. The problem at present appears to be that when the alarm is tested tones sent from the call monitoring centre are not recognised by the Tunstall device, so after several seconds the call is terminated. I have yet to talk to Voipfone, but the "technical"...
June 29th 18 05:31 PM
by Woody Go to last post
2 145
Post New Thread