Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
5G will let users ditch fixed-line home broadband, says Three by Java Jive
5G hyping getting into its stride ... "5G will let users ditch fixed-line home broadband, says Three" https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46127712 Actually, out here in northern Scotland, 4G could already make my landline redundant if only there was a suitably priced plan that gave me unlimited or nearly so download limits, but AFAIAA there isn't.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 19th 18 05:20 PM
by MissRiaElaine[_2_] Go to last post
54 1,162
Plusnet billing failures by Clive Page
Plusnet have changed their billing system and sent me two emails, first to say that this months bill would be delayed, and later to say that it was available. But the usual web links to billing simply don't work, bringing up all sorts of error messages. Don't they test new systems at all? Or maybe they have hired the same IT bunch as TSB? There are scores of postings on the forum...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
November 16th 18 09:36 PM
by bert Go to last post
16 1,568
Telecom wayleave cannot now be refused by land owners by 7[_2_]
Telecom wayleave cannot now be refused by land owners ----------------------------------------------------- The 1000 per sqft rip off charges by landlords also gone. You can only ask what you would reasonably do with that land. So if a telecom company is siting a box and its occupying a few sq ft, and its waste land, then you can expect to be paid 3.
November 14th 18 02:20 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
0 322
Three DD Scam by CJB
For some years I used to use a small USB dongle from Three to access the Internet. I had a contract on a monthly basis for 5GB at 15 - that was OK for me. Then the damn device kept disconnecting. Payment was on DD. So last year I complained and got suckered into a Wifi device again USB connected. This was on a yearly contract for 17 for 20GB. Again payment was on DD. The previous DD was...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
November 10th 18 05:30 AM
by Brian Gregory[_2_] Go to last post
11 564
Plusnet regrade from ADSL to FTTC by Graham J[_2_]
My neighbour Tony has ADSL from Plusnet. Last Tuesday Tony ordered - via the Plusnet Member Centre - an upgrade to FTTC. He received an acknowlegement email Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 3:40 PM which includes the text: """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" We've received your product change request and have now started the process of moving your products...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 9th 18 07:25 PM
by Clive Page Go to last post
33 955
Why is UK shiite telecum 4000% more expensive than the developedworld? by 7[_2_]
Why is UK shiite telecum 4000% more expensive than the developed world? ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Shiite sucking telecum engineers possibly? Or their trolling managers spreading shiite? The entire UK telecum industry is drenched in shiite fluids. They stink to high heaven helped by the little shiites sneaking
November 8th 18 07:36 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
0 321
How does a shiiite BT (British Telecum) engineer make a mobile callunderground? by 7[_2_]
How does a shiiite BT (British Telecum) engineer make a mobile call underground? ------------------------------------------------------------------- Why he takes a plane to China, get into the underground, turns on his roaming and make a call from China underground!!!! Thats what it means to be shiiite BT engineer, or a shiiite Ofcum thick shhit regulating the UK telecum market, or DCMS...
November 8th 18 02:26 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
2 340
UK Shiiite Internet 4000% more expensive than developed world by 7[_2_]
UK Shiiite Internet 4000% more expensive than developed world ------------------------------------------------------------- You buy a 2000 gaming PC and try to play with UK's shiiite Internet and then you loose the game. Who do you blame? Start with the lying trolls in government at DCMS, then move on to BT (British Telecum), Ofcum, VM, Openroach and any other cumpany that votes to...
November 7th 18 04:30 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
0 273
Vigor V2860 WAN2 to modem to Plusnet by Graham J[_2_]
Configuration is: Vigor 2860 WAN1 connected to VDSL service from Zen Internet WAN2 connected to modem to ADSL service from Plusnet. Error Router: Message The problem with Plusnet is present regardless of whether WAN1 is used or not.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
November 7th 18 11:42 AM
by www.GymRatZ.co.uk Go to last post
15 412
VDSL VLAN tag question by Graham J[_2_]
Using a Vigor 2860 router with WAN1 connected to a VDSL service, it is necessary to enable the VLAN tag with value=101. Can anybody explain what this actually does? I want to use a Vigor 2830 (which does not support VDSL) so I will connect its WAN2 port to an Ethernet modem that does support VDSL. Question: should I set the VLAN tag to 101 on the WAN2 port? --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
November 4th 18 07:15 PM
by Java Jive Go to last post
21 496
High speed broadband to become a legal right by Java Jive
Not sure if I've linked to this before, so ... "High speed broadband to become a legal right. Universal Service Obligation will deliver high speed broadband across the UK - Published 20 December 2017 From: Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport and The Rt Hon Karen Bradley MP
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 18th 18 10:21 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
35 1,802
Jersey fibred up by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
Various news reports that after seven years' rollout every premise in Jersey now has fibre broadband. Contrary to claims by other contributors to this that this would only cost tuppence, it cost over 40M to reach 45k premises using 3Mm or 4,000 miles of fibre (reports differ). That's nearly 1,000 per connection! Their government paid nearly half. If you actually want gigabit Ethernet, JT...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 16th 18 03:52 PM
by MissRiaElaine[_2_] Go to last post
35 1,666
Who needs fibre anyway? by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
After all air is free. https://www.edn.com/5G/4461173/A-60-GHz-phased-array-front-end-for-multi-Gbps-wireless-applications 34Gbps
October 16th 18 12:27 AM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
4 523
Why choose a smart digital lock? by [email protected]
Smart locks are sure to become every homeowner's favorite. They offer the same level of security as typical mechanical door locks, but provide a range of alternatives to the mechanical key, and a host of other features. Digital locks are changing our lifestyle, leading us to a new digital era of keyless locking! Get Sample For Smart Lock: http://bit.ly/2RnrJL3 Authentication methods: PIN...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
October 12th 18 12:41 PM
by Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd Go to last post
23 1,277
Openroach turbo master baiting too busy to install fiber by 7[_2_]
Openroach turbo master baiting too busy to install fiber -------------------------------------------------------- Openroach (BT - British Telecum) funded by Treasury, DCMS and Ofcum to the tune of a free lunch amounting 1.6 beeellion has announced they can no longer accept fiber orders. That is because as a phone Internet cumpany, just like cable Internet cumpany (VM), they don't know how to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 10th 18 01:14 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
13 930
Citizens Advice: Millions overcharged for mobile contracts by Java Jive
"About four million people have been charged for mobile phones they already own, spending 500m extra on contracts, according to Citizens Advice. Three of Britain's biggest mobile networks, EE, Three and Vodafone, continue to charge for handsets even after the cost has been paid off."
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 8th 18 03:40 PM
by bert Go to last post
86 1,750
Britain now values gbit Internet more than HS2, roads, rail, etc. by 7[_2_]
Britain now values gbit Internet more than HS2, roads, rail, etc. ----------------------------------------------------------------- However staff at DCMS, OFFcum, Treasury etc don't value Britain. They plan to sell UK down the river by marching into work every day wearing shirts and ties and shiite on UK priorities by fabricating their own fake priorities and roll out symmetric gbit fiber in...
October 7th 18 10:23 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
0 522
Openreach outage by Bill Ward
Is there any way to find out when one has a problem in their area ? Our fibre broadband (in BN21) was down from about 5am to around 10pm on Wednesday.I had gone through all the usual checks before contacting my ISP at 5.30pm who went through them again. He then contacted his supervisor who told him of the outage and said that most users were back on line at 5pm but that there were still some...
September 30th 18 10:47 AM
by Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd Go to last post
3 482
TalkTalk modems by Woody
Could anyone answer simple question please? An elderly neighbour has had her TT router replaced. She had a Huawei HG633 which has been replaced with a HG635, but both exhibit the same problem - or at least perceived problem. Power up and it goes through all its set up, flashing lights etc and eventually stabilises with four steady greens. However after about a half hour the Internet light...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 26th 18 11:25 PM
by Old Codger[_3_] Go to last post
33 1,544
Eclipse email with Outlook 365 by Graham J[_2_]
Trying to help a friend with his Eclipse internet connection and email. Eclipse is now Kcom - see: https://business.kcom.com/contact-us/ His internet connection works OK. About 4 weeks ago one of his email accounts stopped working. Finally he contacted me and I find that the problem is with the SMTP settings. Information from technical support at Eclispse says the settings should be:
September 22nd 18 01:32 PM
by Graham J[_2_] Go to last post
4 639
Post New Thread