Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Can I route from incoming WAN1 to outgoing WAN2 on a Vigor 2820n? by Chris Green
I have a Draytek Vigor 2820n with standard ADSL on WAN1 and a Plusnet Hub One (with its own phone line) on WAN2. I would like to be able to get at the Plusnet Hub One's web configuration from 'outside'. It doesn't allow this by itself (or at least don't think it does, please tell me if it does) so I was thinking would it be possible to route a connection coming in on WAN1 to connect to the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
April 27th 17 03:32 PM
by Graham Murray Go to last post
24 309
VDSL2 router recommendations wanted by Chris Green
Following on (sort of) from my recent thread about access to a Plusnet Hub One I'm probably looking for a VDSL2 router to replace it. So my requirements a- Reasonable price, probably sub 100, preferably down in the 60 area. Thus Draytek are probably ruled out. Good WiFi performance, currently I get good cover through a large house with a Draytek Vigor 2820n and a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
April 26th 17 04:41 PM
by Chris Green Go to last post
11 242
Broadband and landline phone by Andy Burns[_5_]
Andy Burns wrote: Martin Brown wrote: If you have Plusnet lookout for their new mobile phone SIM deal which gives double data cf EE will get a PAC today I think ... Queued the port up on friday to happen today, has all gone through OK,
April 24th 17 06:42 PM
by Andy Burns[_5_] Go to last post
2 162
Sky Now TV 10 box compatible with Talk Talk broadband? by Adrian C
Ordinarily I wouldn't touch either Sky or Talk Talk with a bargepole, but I'm trying to avoid some folks vunerable getting a TT YouView box and finding their existing TT broadband/phone contract extended and inflated because of that, when primarily they will just about be able to cope with the BBC iPlayer interface and the settings of TV guide recordings would confuse them. So, does that...
April 21st 17 12:05 PM
by Theo[_2_] Go to last post
5 773
LAN/WAN question Draytek Vigor 2820n router by Chris Green
I have a venerable (well, it is quite old) Draytek Vigor 2820n router which has been load balancing our two ADSL lines quite happily for a few years. The 2820n has it's LAN set up on the 192.168.1.x subnet and the WAN connection was to a BT Home Hub3 on a separate subnet with the 2820n being 192.168.13.65 and the HH3 being 192.168.13.254. That worked fine and the 2820n did basic load...
April 18th 17 08:57 AM
by Chris Green Go to last post
6 167
Virgin cable/phone query by Tim+[_2_]
Our street is currently getting cabled by Virgin. We're currently on FTTP with Plusnet for BB and anytime calls but due to an intermittently bad line, I feel that our connection just isn't living up to my expectations. We have unlimited bb and seem to be be paying quite a lot for it. (40.97pm) I'm wondering about going with Virgin on a "broadband only" basis and using VOIP for calls on their...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
April 18th 17 12:04 AM
by Nick Go to last post
25 329
Post Office Broadband by AnthonyL
My sister is being quoted a high renewal price for the BT broadband + rental that she's had for as long as I remember. Some 100+ more per year than I'm paying for the same deal - standard broadband, unlimited, weekend calls. The Post Office are offering a competitive 18 month deal, but reviews are less than stellar. Plusnet seem to review better and I beleive there's someone who keeps half an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
April 12th 17 12:29 PM
by AnthonyL Go to last post
14 252
Noticeable increase in ADSL speed after FTTC upgrade ? by Abandoned Trolley
Apologies in advance - I will be surprised if this subject is new to this (or any other) newsgroup, but my search tool was unable to find any existing thread dealing with it. I was just wondering if those of you using ADSL services had noticed any increase in download speeds after your local cabinet was upgraded to fibre ? hmmm... I thought not Thats clearly because you have not paid for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 10th 17 03:47 PM
by Andy Burns[_5_] Go to last post
53 373
Slow BT Option 1 Broadband in West Sussex by Andrew[_2_]
Hi I'm on BT Option 1 and I have never used the BT Hub that they sent me back in about 2006 because I already had a 3Com router 3CRWDR100 with all my settings so I just carried on using it. The ADSL logs generally showed a download speed of about 8 Meg but suddenly in the last couple of days I have noticed that it is getting really slow. TV catchup is impossible and web sites with heavy...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 8th 17 06:20 PM
by Graham J[_2_] Go to last post
48 372
street cabling query by Tim+[_2_]
When Virgin cable an area, would I be correct in assuming that Virgin will be the sole supplier of services over that cable? Tim -- Please don't feed the trolls
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
March 31st 17 05:19 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
21 285
Ofcom plans instant payback for broadband woes by Java Jive
"Customers would be entitled to automatic compensation, without having to go through a potentially lengthy and difficult claims process," the regulator said. They would receive either a cash payment or a credit on their bill, with the level of payments set by Ofcom. The proposed scale of charges would be: 10 for each calendar day that the service is not repaired
March 24th 17 05:54 PM
by Java Jive Go to last post
0 137
My house fibre ready through self service but Bhtee VM Openroach Offconn won't give me a connection by 7[_2_]
My house fibre ready through self service but Bhtee VM Openroach Offconn won't give me a fibre connection for 50 a month by 2020 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I order these items to install my own fibre to the home: cleaver -$62-...
March 24th 17 04:13 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
0 126
BT and openreach to separate by Chris
Gotta say, didn't see this one coming! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39228115
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 23rd 17 05:40 PM
by Flyig u 217 + on netbook Go to last post
71 528
Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange/EE email (again) by Graham.[_3_]
A couple of people mentioned that they were getting bounce messages earlier today when trying to reach my freeserve address. It happened to a test message I sent from a gmail account to the freeserve account The response from the remote server was: 550 5.2.0 Mail rejete. Mail rejected. ouk_513
March 17th 17 09:07 AM
by Martin Brown[_2_] Go to last post
3 144
BT Hub fire by MB[_2_]
Just been told about someone whose new BT Home Hub caught fire. Not sure of what type, it was described as having two antenna but I thought my Home Hub 6 was the last type and that has no external antenna? It seems it was supplied with a 24 volt Wallwart but should have been a 12 volt one. I looked at my Home Hub 6 and the power socket is just marked "POWER" with no voltage indicated. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 14th 17 06:00 PM
by IT-Assist Go to last post
11 305
BT OpenReach legally to seperate by Java Jive
BT and OpenReach are legally to seperate, but BT will still hold the purse strings ... BT Openreach deal aims to shakeup UK broadband http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39228115 -- ======================================================== Please always reply to ng as the email in this post's header does not exist. Or use a contact address at: http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/JavaJive.html
March 10th 17 02:18 PM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
2 135
Flat Cat5 cables question by Murmansk
I'm thinking of getting one of those flat Cat5 cables that are like a ribbon rather than circular in cross section but I'd want to chop the plug off at one end and wire it to a socket. Do the cores have the same colour coding as a standard cable? If not, guess I could work out what goes where with a continuity tester but I'd rather not have to.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 9th 17 05:38 PM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
13 182
Bhtee links to VM servers intentionally slowed down by 7[_2_]
Bhtee links to VM servers intentionally slowed down --------------------------------------------------- I thought this was a temporary thing, but it seems Bhtee connections to VM payment processing links are immensely slowed down for best part of couple of months now - takes about half an hour to make a payment through Bhtee infrastructure while any other way such as using VM's own connections...
March 8th 17 11:29 AM
by 7[_2_] Go to last post
0 114
Samsung announces volume production of 10nm gigabit speed 5G LTE by Paul Cummins
In article , (frederick) wrote: Don't you mind people knowing where you live? It would be very difficult to have electricity, gas, internet and transport if people didn't know where I lived.
March 7th 17 12:31 PM
by Paul Cummins Go to last post
0 120
Wifi adaptor will not run at link speed higher than about 6 Mbps by NY
I have a Windows 7 laptop with a built-in Broadcom 802.11n adaptor. I am connecting it to a TPLink W9980 router which is set to 2.4 GHz only (ie not 2.4 and 5 mixed) in 11bgn mixed mode. The laptop is reporting (eg in Control Panel | Network and Internet | Network Connections | Wireless) a link speed of around 5.5 - 6.5 Mbps, despite being very close to the router. I have tried permutations...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
March 1st 17 05:16 PM
by Tim+[_2_] Go to last post
26 466