Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Broadband in Japan by MB[_2_]
Corbyn "Only 8-10% of premises in the UK are connected to full-fibre broadband. It's 97% in Japan." Is it true that 97% of all areas of Japan have high speed fibre broadband? Their urban areas seem very congested with many services on poles and of course they have rural areas. Just always very sceptical of figures like that which can be thrown around by politicians.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
November 17th 19 02:26 PM
by bert Go to last post
19 558
Computer support in the Holbeach area by Graham J[_3_]
Can anybody recommend a PC support organisation in the Holbeach area that would be prepared to take on a farming business? The users have an assortment of different PCs, some farming-specific applications, and several very slow ADSL connections to their various very rural farm offices. None of the users know anything about computers so they need very sympathetic hand-holding, and pro-active...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
November 15th 19 10:18 PM
by J B Go to last post
27 879
Original SH - alternative firmware? -X-post by David[_4_]
I have finally swapped over from my original SH to a SH£, to go from 160 Mb/sec to 200 Mb/sec. VM don't want the original SH back. I can see that I could use it as a WiFi router (as I do with a TP-Link cable router), by turning off DHCP and just plugging it into an Ethernet port. However it would be nice to make more use of it if possible.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
November 12th 19 03:37 PM
by Pancho Go to last post
20 720
Openreach faultfinding gobledegook by Graham J[_3_]
A non-technical friend has been advised by an Openreach technician that the reason for her poor phone line quality (which affects the speed and reliability of her internet connection) is a fault 70 metres from the house. The words of the technician we "The line measures 45 when it should be 5" Can anybody explain what these numbers mean, please?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
November 4th 19 12:37 PM
by Martin Brown[_2_] Go to last post
11 413
I need a new Router by Chris
Jeff Gaines wrote: I have a: Billion BiPAC 7800DXL Triple WAN Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit ADSL2+/Fibre 3G/4G LTE Broadband Router with USB Port Which Amazon says I purchased on 10/10/2013. The Wi Fi has started to become erratic over the last couple of weeks and
November 2nd 19 11:16 PM
by Jeff Gaines Go to last post
6 271
Rural not-spot scheme by Andy Burns[_5_]
All four mobile operators to co-operate in mast sharing scheme to provide 95% geographical 4G coverage by 2025 ... https://www.gov.uk/government/news/1-billion-deal-set-to-solve-poor-mobile-coverage
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
October 26th 19 03:42 PM
by MissRiaElaine[_2_] Go to last post
26 390
Almost one-fifth of Britons 'do not use internet' by Java Jive
"Almost one-fifth of Britons 'do not use internet' Almost 20% of British people are not using the internet, a survey suggests. The detailed in-home survey of almost 2,000 Britons found that 18% described themselves as non-users. The Oxford Internet Institute (OII), which carried out the research, said people falling into the category tended to be older and poorer than frequent net users.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 16th 19 11:10 AM
by Martin Brown[_2_] Go to last post
285 1,151
Open VPN Sever on TP-Link AC2800 Router by Simple Simon
I have setup the Open VPN Sever on my TP-Link Router - it works fine and I can connect to my Home Network whilst away using the OpenVPN client on my iPad and iPhone. The router has been updated to the latest firmware. I used the instructions here https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/1237/?utm_medium=select-local
October 1st 19 12:22 PM
by Simple Simon Go to last post
0 219
IMAP, SMTP and SSL problem by Graham J[_3_]
Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 ------------------------- I can set up an email account hosted with https://www.broadbandcloudsolutions.co.uk/ using IMAP & SMTP ports 993 and 465, SSL enabled, and authentication for the SMTP server. But with exactly similar settings an account hosted with https://www.tsohost.com fails with messages of the form "authentication
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
September 26th 19 06:02 PM
by Graham J[_3_] Go to last post
10 238
Helicopter tour in Nepal by subash kc
The Helicopter tour packages in Nepal gives you an opportunity to discover around the geographical territories of Nepal. From aerial sightseeing to heli trek, we offer you remarkable travel experience. From airborne sightseeing to Heli trek, offering you an unforgettable travel experience of nature and Nepalís dotted travel terminuses from the luxury of a helicopter. website:...
September 24th 19 08:22 AM
by subash kc Go to last post
0 164
BT Email by Paddy Dzell
I've had the same four @btinternet.com email addresses for something like 15 to 20 years but changed ISP to Sky Broadband about a month ago. I always thought that, as long as you logged into the email account at least once every 90 days, it would remain open for *receiving*, even though you wouldn't be able to send or reply. No email has come into any of the four accounts for three days now...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
September 23rd 19 10:30 PM
by Laurence Taylor Go to last post
13 334
Ethernet 3G or 4G or 5G modem ? by Graham J[_3_]
I see numerous occasions in rural areas where a good mobile signal is only obtainable outside a building, and sometimes even then only high up for example at roof level. In these same locations FTTC is never available, and ADSL is treacly slow. There are routers which implement a WAN connection using a plug-in 3G/4G/5G modem - but the only models I've seen use USB. This limits the cable...
September 19th 19 07:06 PM
by David Wade[_3_] Go to last post
9 211
UK's full-fibre broadband coverage rises to 8%, says Ofcom by Java Jive
"UK's full-fibre broadband coverage rises to 8%, says Ofcom About 400,000 UK properties gained access to full-fibre broadband for the first time over the first four months of the year, according to Ofcom. That gave access to a total of 8% of all premises, marking a one percentage point gain, the watchdog said. The numbers highlight the amount of work that needs to be done if the Prime...
September 19th 19 11:40 AM
by Java Jive Go to last post
0 173
Virgin media parameters by DrTeeth
Hi, I will be joining Virgin media at the end of the month and would like to use my own router. I have already asked on the VM community and have not got anything useful. The thing is that I am looking for a list of their network parameters that I can enter into my router. Does anybody here know where I can get them?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
September 17th 19 06:09 PM
by Woody Go to last post
18 342
Plusnet usenet by Andy Burns[_5_]
Any plusnet users here? Has news.plus.net started prompting you for username/password? I think it previously recognised plusnet users by IP addr Have they forgotten to send a shilling to Giganews? Anyone got a different method to ping Bob other than p.s.customer-feedback? I think he does show up over here, but only
September 6th 19 12:32 PM
by Plusnet Support Team Go to last post
8 250
FTTH by Graham J[_3_]
Just received a marketing circular from: www.countybroadbandfibre.co.uk Anybody here have any experience with them? -- Graham J
August 22nd 19 10:35 AM
by Graham J[_3_] Go to last post
0 215
Weird 4G speeds by Tim+[_2_]
Our local 4G speed sucks when it deigns to visit our house. Today I was running Speedtest in various parts of our town and surroundings. At my house I was getting 5.82 Mbps download and 0.24 Mbps upload. Down on the beach I could get 18 Mbps download and 34.6 Mbps upload. Isn't this a reversal of the ‚Äúnormal‚ÄĚ download/upload ratios? Tim --
August 18th 19 11:51 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
3 217
VPN on Windows 10 by Graham J[_3_]
On a Windows 7 PC I can set up a dial-up VPN connection to a Draytek router at a remote location. Using the same IP address and login credentials I try to set up a VPN on a Windows 10 PC. It fails saying "Windows could not create your connection" - a typical Microsoft unhelpful error message! Does anybody know why the VPN client works with Windows 7 and not with Windows 10, and so what to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
August 14th 19 04:19 PM
by Graham J[_3_] Go to last post
14 990
Cheap wired-only router by Theo[_2_]
It looks like my BT Smart Hub (HH6) is having trouble with devices roaming between its wifi interface and another access point attached to its ethernet. The wifi on the HH6 is rather good, but it looks like the routing is suffering. It isn't supported by OpenWRT at present. If I can demote the HH6 to being a wifi access point only (and that helps the problem), what's a good consumer router for...
August 13th 19 01:39 PM
by Chris Bartram Go to last post
7 347
BT broadband issues by Recliner[_3_]
I've had BT ADSL from when it was first available in 2000, and unlimited VDSL2 FTTC for several years now. It's generally performed to expectations with few technical issues. But from early this year, my FTTC performance has nose-dived: numerous dropouts and upload speed below 0.5 Mbps, rather than the ~11 it should be. Download speed is very variable, but much less than the 50+ Mbps that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 9th 19 11:58 AM
by Recliner[_4_] Go to last post
154 1,696