Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
migrating my broadband.. any reccomendations? by Henry the Hoover
Hi I'm about to come out of my 12 month contract with wanadoo. Can anyone reccomend an ISP which will supply me with a 1 or 2mbit connection with a decent download allowance (~20gb / month)... I'd be using it for gaming and also a bit of p2p so it's got to allow that. Any reccomendations - either to go with or to avoid would be appreciated! Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 18th 05 03:57 PM
by Geoffrey Go to last post
13 467
Broadband Contracts by Elfy
Hello, I have been with Wanadoo since April on a 1mb Broadband servic and was going along fine. Then applied to upgrade to 2mb broadband i August. Was told no problem and given a date for upgrade. Problem is I have not had Broadband or dial up access since (5 weeks now). There is no problem with my computer or phone line. I am told afte making umteen phone calls and complaining to a watchdog...
October 18th 05 01:09 PM
by Elfy Go to last post
2 255
T E L E W E S T S U C K . by ABC
"Gzl" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m wrote in message ... Everywhere you read on their pages there is "this offer is not available to existing customers" ie: we don't give a damn about the customer's we have already. 14.99 - 512k (soon to upgraded to 2mb) Web Only Offer - Save 10 "This offer is not available to existing Broadband customers" ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 18th 05 12:10 PM
by Tim Clark Go to last post
10 313
Interesting article about IPTV by DAB sounds worse than FM
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/17/triple-play_for_uk_isps/ -- Steve - www.digitalradiotech.co.uk - Digital Radio News & Info Please sign the petition asking the BBC to provide better audio quality on its radio stations on DAB, Freeview, satellite and cable: http://tinyurl.com/a68e4
October 18th 05 12:03 PM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
0 327
BT problems - is it because they screw you up on purpose after a d/l limit? by [email protected]
Just got my BT connection 2Mb/s working after asking to cancel - guess what, one day later it's screwed again - pings really bad when they were perfect before, d/l's pause, it takes ages to grab a 1MB file compared to when it was good - email is slow, pages do not load - nothing has changed on my PC except I logged off and on again - did that many times as a test the past day no problem, then...
October 18th 05 11:19 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 348
sky / tv disconnecting broadband! by [email protected]
hi sorry for lack of detail here, but i just want to see if anyone has heard of this happening before. i have a friend who is finding that when he turns on the tv it is disconnecting his broadband connection (BT Openworld). Not sure if this is the actual TV or the SKY box, but something is causing it. he doesnt have sky connected to the phone line either.
October 18th 05 09:40 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
8 550
Kingston Communication Monopoly in Hull? by TheScullster
Hi all Is it possible to get broadband service from other than Kingston Communications in the Hull area? I know they have the monopoly on the hardware and provision of connectivity, but is it possible to get the actual broadband service from another provider eg Tiscali? TIA
October 18th 05 12:05 AM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
9 1,040
Various ITV channels missing on Hannington tonight by Gel
Have no C4/E4/More 4 amongst others; anyone else have same issues. Am North of Newbury
October 17th 05 11:45 PM
by Anorak Go to last post
4 362
Plusnet - still no service ten weeks after order placed. by Lester
I thought I'd have a go at Plusnet in public. Just discussing the matter with first line support is sociable but unsatisfying. I'm a worm who rarely turns, but Plusnet is just too complaisant for me to stomach any longer in silence. I placed an order for Plusnet ADSL on 1st September, ten weeks ago. I still have no connection. Plusnet blame BT, who blame Plusnet. I can only speak to first...
October 17th 05 10:46 PM
by McSpreader Go to last post
9 355
Buying Advice - ADSL Router, Ethernet, Wireless, Modem, Firewall Gateway by M
I am currently using a 3Com Office Connect 3CRWE754G72-A which has every feature you could ask for bar one, its completely unstable. I run the router 24/7 and the internet connection is used by various family members. The router keeps stopping responding and has to be restarted, about three times per day. At other times it will only connect to the Internet when you log onto the router and...
October 17th 05 10:24 PM
by Ian Bartholomew Go to last post
9 693
BY:Do You Still Have To... by JF
Register mac addresses. I am going to fit a new motherboard at my father's house later today and remembered that a few years ago you had to register the mac address before it will let you on. Thanks John
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 17th 05 08:10 PM
by Silk Go to last post
11 383
BT$ admits they are useless by 7
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/17/bulldog_bt/ It appears BT$ is useless at doing any sort of work and has in effect admitted it by saying they can't cope. So there is nothing left then to do but to break it up into little pieces and fed to the dogs. Let competitors put in the resources and management
October 17th 05 06:39 PM
by 7 Go to last post
0 336
BT 8M "MaxDSL" trials by Phil Thompson
http://www.btplc.com/News/Articles/Showarticle.cfm?ArticleID=79c4f477-2d4e-41b0-af6a-61be68a01ba3 http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2419 "BT today announced the next trial phase for its ADSL broadband Max service, which will deliver downstream line speeds of up to 8 Mbit/s. Commencing at the end of November, the trial will lay the foundation for the intended commercial launch...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
October 17th 05 06:01 PM
by toonarmybarmy Go to last post
25 739
Easynet/UKOnline looking more likely to be bought by BSkyB by Flying Rat
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4347260.stm Interesting...especially as PusNet have done an LLU deal with Easynet. I wonder if Murdoch might now look at PusNet for their subscriber base to add to the package? The pieces would certainly fit together. A marriage made in hell... FR
October 17th 05 05:51 PM
by Beck Go to last post
5 233
Router problem - 'acquiring network address' by Matthew Long
Hiya, can someone help me with a problem I have with my wireless adsl router. I bought a Belkin one last Saturday, and it all seemed to be working fine, but yesterday lunchtime, when I switched my PC on, it said 'no, or limited connection' I tried using the 'repair' option, but it just keeps saying 'acquiring network address', but not getting any further than this. I switched off the router at...
October 17th 05 05:49 PM
by toonarmybarmy Go to last post
4 458
Asus WL-300g users? by T i m
Hi All, I am trying to replace a WiFi link from the house to the workshop that is currently working ok over a pair of Netgear ME102's, with *something* that supports WPA (the 102's only handle 128 bit wep). To that effect I picked up an Asus WL-300g AP / Router / Bridge / Teamaker in the hope that I could make a WPA link between that (down the workshop) and the Belkin F5D7320-4 WiFi cable...
October 17th 05 04:50 PM
by T i m Go to last post
0 243
aria microfilter by sally Hemming
Do you know if the cheap aria microfilter is OK? I need to buy another 2 and prices vary enormously and wonder if it is necessary to pay a lot more than the 3 Aria one. Thanks.
October 17th 05 03:33 PM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
2 214
Telephone/broadband connection by Rob Keel
Hi, Looking for some advice please ... My brother lives in a 5 story block of apartments and would like to get connected to the internet. He is not currently connected to a BT phone line however and I was wondering what the best/easiest/cheap(ish) way would be to get him online? Should he connect with BT or other and what broadband package
October 17th 05 02:25 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
1 174
Demon: Opinions? by Hellraiser
Thinking of moving from my expensive BY connection to Demon Homeoffice 2000 with static IP (the 24.99/month one). Anyone have any experience of this? I used to have dialup with Demon back in the day (1996 or so), they still decent? Good binary news server? Decent bandwidth/uptime? Cheers Hellraiser............
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 17th 05 01:30 PM
by socrates Go to last post
11 440
Phone connection/broadband by Rob Keel
Hi, Looking for some advice please ... My brother lives in a 5 story block of apartments/flats and would like to start using the internet. He isn't currently connected with a BT line and only needs access to the internet as he isn't bothered about making phone calls. Can anyone suggest the best/easiest/cheap(ish) way of getting online?
October 17th 05 11:47 AM
by Rob Keel Go to last post
1 297
Post New Thread