Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Router problem - 'acquiring network address' by Matthew Long
Hiya, can someone help me with a problem I have with my wireless adsl router. I bought a Belkin one last Saturday, and it all seemed to be working fine, but yesterday lunchtime, when I switched my PC on, it said 'no, or limited connection' I tried using the 'repair' option, but it just keeps saying 'acquiring network address', but not getting any further than this. I switched off the router at...
October 17th 05 05:49 PM
by toonarmybarmy Go to last post
4 451
Asus WL-300g users? by T i m
Hi All, I am trying to replace a WiFi link from the house to the workshop that is currently working ok over a pair of Netgear ME102's, with *something* that supports WPA (the 102's only handle 128 bit wep). To that effect I picked up an Asus WL-300g AP / Router / Bridge / Teamaker in the hope that I could make a WPA link between that (down the workshop) and the Belkin F5D7320-4 WiFi cable...
October 17th 05 04:50 PM
by T i m Go to last post
0 240
aria microfilter by sally Hemming
Do you know if the cheap aria microfilter is OK? I need to buy another 2 and prices vary enormously and wonder if it is necessary to pay a lot more than the 3 Aria one. Thanks.
October 17th 05 03:33 PM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
2 211
Telephone/broadband connection by Rob Keel
Hi, Looking for some advice please ... My brother lives in a 5 story block of apartments and would like to get connected to the internet. He is not currently connected to a BT phone line however and I was wondering what the best/easiest/cheap(ish) way would be to get him online? Should he connect with BT or other and what broadband package
October 17th 05 02:25 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
1 170
Demon: Opinions? by Hellraiser
Thinking of moving from my expensive BY connection to Demon Homeoffice 2000 with static IP (the 24.99/month one). Anyone have any experience of this? I used to have dialup with Demon back in the day (1996 or so), they still decent? Good binary news server? Decent bandwidth/uptime? Cheers Hellraiser............
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 17th 05 01:30 PM
by socrates Go to last post
11 429
Phone connection/broadband by Rob Keel
Hi, Looking for some advice please ... My brother lives in a 5 story block of apartments/flats and would like to start using the internet. He isn't currently connected with a BT line and only needs access to the internet as he isn't bothered about making phone calls. Can anyone suggest the best/easiest/cheap(ish) way of getting online?
October 17th 05 11:47 AM
by Rob Keel Go to last post
1 288
FA: Cisco 851 VPN Firewall Router by Gizmo
"murphynev" wrote in message ... In article , says... Last post on this .... Good. Spamming ****
October 17th 05 09:49 AM
by Gizmo Go to last post
0 263
A new Plusnet record! by Steve
How about 35 minutes to pull 72267 headers from Plusnet's newsserver? Not bad for a 2Meg 'Premier' connection eh?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 17th 05 09:42 AM
by Gizmo Go to last post
43 1,182
Newnet? by Paul Hutchings
Neighbour popped over today asking who I'd suggest for broadband (he's on a dial-up BT connection). From what he's said his surfing habits aren't going to change significantly (but we all thought that?) it's more a case of "always on" and freeing up the phone line. I've pointed a few people to Newnet's website before as they do a Lite package that looks pretty good value, but as it's a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 17th 05 08:48 AM
by Muxton Go to last post
18 926
Bulldog: MAC request denied by Motorcyclesaur
Dear All, After having ran out of patience with the mother of obnoxious and incompetent ISPs, namely Bulldog, I requested a MAC in order to free my line and get service from another - hopefully better, although you never know these times - ISP. As I admittedly am not a guru of broadband, I would greatly appreciate your advice regarding the below answer, considering that I have a BT...
October 16th 05 09:49 PM
by londoncityslicker Go to last post
4 347
Wireless router and wireless phone - not a happy couple by Ant
My father has just bought a BT Voyager 2110 wireless ADSL router and has found that it interferes with his wireless phone (a BT Quartet 1100). Unfortunately the router needs to be placed close to the phone base unit. The router and phone are connected to the same wall socket via the supplied filter. At worst the phone won't work at all when the router is switched on, at best it works but...
October 16th 05 06:27 PM
by Ant Go to last post
3 389
Constant engaged tone - still make outgoing & incoming calls by G
Hi all, I have a wierd problem with my broadband. History: I subscribed to AOL broadband through my BT line and everything was fine for about a month or so. We live in a shared house and the others could still use their dial-up internet to Freeserve with no problems.
October 16th 05 02:15 PM
by Adrian Go to last post
4 958
Plusnet Traffic shaping and Business Accounts by Steve
On 11 Oct 2005 23:33:05 GMT, "Cary Moore" wrote: Is NNTP traffic shaped on Business accounts the same way it is on Residential? We use a number of different NNTP feeds from Borland, Microsoft and about another 14 companies who provide developer support via NNTP and have noticed a severe degredation in download speeds when retrieving messages.
October 16th 05 04:07 AM
by Peter M Go to last post
3 498
New to PlusNet by SparkysDream
Hi I am a light user (4Gb/month) and I've been with plusnet bb+ for a few months now without any real problems. Yes, usenet is slow on bb+ at dialup speeds, but that doesn't bother me because I only use text groups - and very few at that. However for the past few days, usenet has pretty much died on me. Constant connection errors, and when I do connect it mainly times out. On rare...
October 16th 05 01:09 AM
by fred Go to last post
7 234
Is this possible? by chalawler
My ISP is BT Yahoo. They have told me that my line won't support 2MB so I am stuck on 1MB. In search of a different ISP, I have spoken to both UKOnline and Homechoice who both told me they can guarantee me at least 4MB My questions is: is this possible since they will be using the same line? If so, is it something to do with LLU?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 15th 05 08:57 PM
by Bill Go to last post
10 387
Help, No Broadband After 6pm by Ash
Hi All I loose my broadband signal at around 6pm every night. BT are being no help. Any ideas why this may be. Works fine during the day, just a problem in the evenings!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 15th 05 07:54 PM
by Rob Gibson Go to last post
10 284
Can I connect a Netgear ADSL Wireless Modem to Cable Broadband? by simbob
I have a Netgear DG834G Wireless ADSL Router(http://www.netgear.com/products/details/DG834G.php) and have just got Cable Broadband in my new flat. Have tried my guts out (actually a mate who know more about this stuff than me) to make the cable connection (ethernet) to the wireless router work, but to no avail.. He did manage to get a "wired" connection by plugging the cable ethernet into one of...
October 15th 05 05:52 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
8 372
Wanadoo Broadband by Shiela S
I'm currently on Wandoo broadband, paying 27.99 per month .(Current speed 512k. ) They've now offered the option of paying 20 one-off fee to upgrade to "up to 2MB." Not being very with-it about all this , would it be worth my while doing, would I notice any significant improvement? It does say: Remember!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 15th 05 05:04 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
16 366
T E L E W E S T S U C K . by Silk
Gzl wrote: They just don't care less for you once you become a customer, they're only interested in gettin more customers. Go elsewhere. No one who is right in the head would bother with Teleworst.
October 15th 05 03:58 PM
by Silk Go to last post
0 163
PIPEX News (Usenet) Status by Gestapo
PIPEX News Status Announcement Raised 13/10/05 at 17:00 Report: At 11AM on 14th October access to news.dsl.pipex.com and news-text.dsl.pipex.com will be unavailable as this service has been replaced. Symptoms:
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 15th 05 03:27 PM
by Gestapo Go to last post
11 469