Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Phone socket wiring upsetting Broadband by Gel
Any clues appreciated. HAve wired in new telephone secondary socket using terminals 2 & 5 and it works fine as phone outlet. However my Broadbank connection on separate run, is knocked over as soon as I even plug in the phone on new socket. A side issue is that rest of house's sockets can have their phones plugged in, without upsetting, BUT as soon as one is used, out goes the Broadband...
Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
June 27th 05 08:15 PM
by Gel Go to last post
8 712
Connecting to Plusnet ADSL broadband by NickNike
I've trawled the newsgroup on this subject but still confused. Would you please advise on the following. I am moving house soon and wish to connect to Plusnet ADSL broadband. The new home line at present will have the capablity of a 512 or 1Mb connection, but I will upgrade to 2 Mb when available. The house has a BT line that will require activation and a telephone number needs to be...
June 27th 05 08:12 PM
by cw Go to last post
9 406
Anyone had their Line Problems escalated to BT? by Dee
We're getting something like 18db Downstream SNR at the Master Socket with the entire home phoneline system disconnected, no filters, no phone, etc just an ADSL modem - tested it now on 3 different modems and all give at best 15db to 21db at the master socket with 18db seeming to be the norm. by the time we add in the phone system and put the ADSL modem in my bedroom the signal is pretty...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 27th 05 04:30 PM
by kraftee Go to last post
14 508
Warning - Netgear WG311T drivers (PCI wireless card) by Martin Underwood
Here's something I discovered by bitter experience, which I'll pass on to avoid anyone else being frustrated: The Netgear WG311T PCI wireless card fails to be detected by Plug and Play if you use the latest non-beta drivers from the web - Software Version 3.2. Having installed these drivers, when you plug the card in and boot up again, P&P detects it as "Ethernet Card" rather than "Netgear...
June 27th 05 12:48 PM
by Martin Underwood Go to last post
0 482
Leaving Wanadoo and resulting Blueyonder queries.... by Carpathian
First post on here so I'll drop in a polite 'hello' upfront !! I'm currently with Wanadoo 512mb on a Zoom ADSL X3 modem via USB to PC I also use the ethernet port on the X3 for Xbox Live. The system is running perfectly fine in terms of speed etc but I' going to be moving ISP due to Wanadoo's recent 'stealth-cap'. Althoug I'm on one of the original "unlimited" accounts from back in...
June 27th 05 11:23 AM
by Yddap Go to last post
1 302
ADSL modem that supports 'loopback' by Dave Henson
Hi I am new to this group so I hope you don't mind me jumping straight in with a question. My ADSL modem blew up yesterday (probably something to do with the heat). I bought a new one this morning and got it set up on both my PCs. The modem is a Zoom X5. However, there is one problem that, according to the company's technical support cannot be overcome, so I have to get a new modem.
June 27th 05 11:21 AM
by Dave Henson Go to last post
4 376
Tiscali not competitive anymore by Steven
How come Tiscali is not offering a 1MB unlimited package without putting a useless 2GB cap on it? If Plusnet and F9 can offer upto 2MB unlimited, why can't Tiscali be competitive and offer a similar product? I would be quite happy with Tiscali, but they seem to be lagging terribly in the speed wars, and many other ISP's are offering far better deals for the money.
June 27th 05 09:27 AM
by David G. Bell Go to last post
7 349
Wanadoo Enforce Monthly caps by Marky
Turns out a mate of mine received a letter and a telephone call, he's currently on the 17.99 a month deal I think its about 2gig a month. Basically they inform him he's gone over his 2 gig limit and has used 7 gig, if he carries on they will charge him for every gig he goes over.. Anyone else received anything like this ?
June 27th 05 09:27 AM
by It's Me Go to last post
4 369
plusnet. Keep up the good work! by J Willis
I have recently joined Plusnet and would just like to say I am very satisfied with their 2mb ADSL. Getting through to their customer service is quick and their staff I've found to be polite and helpful. It is refreshing to see a company perform in such an efficient and professional manner for there are so many that don't. Well done Plusnet for you have set the standard for other Broadband...
June 27th 05 09:16 AM
by Dave Go to last post
7 417
Plusnet Regrade Question by Gareth :-\\\) voom
Hi, Paid Plus 14.99 yesterday to regrade my line from 1Mb to 2Mb as a BT engineer was at our house and confirmed the line conditions would support 2Mb. I only paid 14.99 yesterday and received an email to say 5-7 days to be processed. I noticed this evening that my router speeds have changed from 1Mb to 2272Kbps. So I assume something has been done at my exchange. The only problem is my speed...
June 27th 05 12:29 AM
by Gareth :-\\\) voom Go to last post
2 358
Speedtouch 330/cabling question by Pidgeonpost
Apologies if this has been asked before, but wonder if someone can help with a query on this please. A neighbour has recently signed up to Virgin broadband and the package includes a thomson Speedtouch 330 modem. Connection fails with a 'no dial tone' message, although a continuous dial tone is present. The USB led on modem is solid green, but ADSL led flashes green, which I reckon (from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 26th 05 11:39 PM
by Pidgeonpost Go to last post
12 600
Demon Home 2mb? by Peter P
Seems OK for 19.99 pm, and according to the website, it's unlimited. Can't get hold of their customer services to confirm this (seems doubtful) but does anyone have any direct experience or knowledge please? Quite keen to sign up, but not if ther's some kind of hidden cap or speed restriction. Thanks - Peter
June 26th 05 09:48 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
7 530
2mb Possible by FooAtari
I signed up for 2mb, but my ISP has advised me that BT has said that I can only receive 1mb. I am less than 2k from exchange and their is no problems with the exchange, I want to know if my line attenuation is ok: Showtime Firmware Version: 3.46 Line State: SHOWTIME Modulation: G.dmt Annex Mode: ANNEX_A Startup Attempts: 1 Max Tx Power: -38 dBm/Hz
June 26th 05 09:36 PM
by FooAtari Go to last post
7 317
Broadband routers by Cullen Skink
Do broadband routers have a bb modem built in? Was watching one on ebay and it said you needed a modem as well for the actual internet connection. Is that normal? Can anyone recommend a low cost but decent bb router with modem included? Also I've read connecting it via Ethernet is the best. Does that just mean I stick a network card in the PC and connect the router to that? tia
June 26th 05 09:30 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
8 537
Belkin surge protector worked, sort of. by Real Ale
Well, we had a direct lightening strike on the house this morning, still recovering. Luckily the AGA steel chimneys made a good conductor. Wasn't expecting the phone or adsl to work and sure enough all lines were dead. Amazingly the Belkin had blown but had protected the phones and router in doing so ! So they can be of use, w_tom :), but I'll have to get another one, I'll try claiming on...
June 26th 05 05:44 PM
by Nigel Molesworth Go to last post
5 403
Best ADSL Deal inc phone line by Basil Fawlty
Hi, Friend of mine has no internet access. He's no connected phone line either. There is a physical line into the house, presumably a BT line. He obviously has no use for a phone line for voice calls, so they don't matter. He wants broadband/ADSL. Which is the best way to arrange this? Best way I see is getting the phone line reconnected, paying the cheapest BT line rental possible and then...
June 26th 05 10:48 AM
by Phil Thompson Go to last post
4 321
Wanadoo wireless broadband router incompatibilities???? by Euclid
I am trying to upgrade to an ADSL wireless router connection from the current Wanadoo USB modem with a BT voyager 2100 and a PCI 54g adapter. When I replace the USB modem and connect the Voyager to the line instead, it won't train up - the DSL light just keeps on flashing, but the wireless connection works perfectly. When I test the Voyager in another location with a different ISP it...
June 26th 05 10:26 AM
by Phil Thompson Go to last post
5 296
PlusNet BB+ / F2S 8Mb by SparkysDream
My 12 month contract with pipex is nearly up. I am currently paying 23.44 for 1MB (no cap), but considering that I only use 6 or 7GB a month it is kinda expensive. I am after something with: Monthly contract with no migration fee Reliable 2MB connection Decent speeds for xbox live gaming Half decent newsgroups (binary optional but an advantage) I have been looking at F2S for 19.99 with 10Gb...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
June 25th 05 08:45 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
20 817
test by Ian Holmes
testing
June 25th 05 08:12 PM
by Ian Holmes Go to last post
0 231
plusnet... devil in details? by brownstar
Howdy. I was about thinkin about Plusnet Broadband Plus. I'm waiting on a call from their sales dept but also was lookin for feedback from any existing users re the throttling. ################# http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/broadband_plus.shtml?link=resbb_pluslink
June 25th 05 02:36 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
6 347
Post New Thread