Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Migrating to ZEN by Mick
In article , (Dave Mason) wrote: No, the alias is just for email. http://www.zenxxxxx.zen.co.uk for the web space I'm afraid. OK no probs. It's not really a problem because the web forwarding I use from my own domain masks the address anyway. I just wanted something easier for me to remember.
May 28th 05 04:00 PM
by Mike Scott Go to last post
4 249
Problem with Zoom X4 and BT Broadband Basic by simon
Hello - I'm having problems getting Zoom X4 router to work with BT Broadband Basic. It seems that data can flow out but not in again. When I starting pinging against an external server, the pings timeout. I know this server responds to pings when accessed over dialup. I can see the Zoom's Tx ATM byte counter rising, but the Rx ATM counter stays static. I'm fairly sure that the ADSL link is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
May 28th 05 11:48 AM
by Phil Thompson Go to last post
12 295
Migrating to ZEN by Mick
Hi All, Just a quick question to any ZEN subscribers; I have started a migration from AOL to ZEN in the last couple of days and have now received an email containing my connection details etc. The only problem I see is that they have issued me with a strange email and web address in the form of and www.zen****.zen.co.uk (zen followed by 5 numeric digits).
May 28th 05 07:18 AM
by Mick Go to last post
4 315
Problem with Zoom X4 and BT Broadband Basic by simon
Hello - I'm having problems getting Zoom X4 router to work with BT Broadband Basic. It seems that data can flow out but not in again. When I starting pinging against an external server, the pings timeout. I know this server responds to pings when accessed over dialup. I can see the Zoom's Tx ATM byte counter rising, but the Rx ATM counter stays static. I'm fairly sure that the ADSL link is...
May 27th 05 10:25 PM
by simon Go to last post
0 161
Fax to e mail by J B
Slightly OT, but getting broadband so ditching the fax line and on recommendation of the good folks here I've chosen an 0870 486 XXXX fax to e mail number from http://www.inweb.co.uk/ They say it will work from abroad, but my sister in Italy tried it and got the engaged tone after dialling 00 44 870. Inweb say it "should work". Anyone any experience to prove yay or nay??
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
May 27th 05 09:22 PM
by J B Go to last post
12 333
Migrating to ZEN by Mick
In article , (Dave Mason) wrote: Have a look at: http://www.zensupport.co.uk/email.aspx Scroll down to: "How do I change my Zen e-mail address?" and "What is an Alias?"
May 27th 05 08:11 PM
by Mick Go to last post
0 228
PIPEX webspace query. by Dave
Hello, Can I upload to my PIPEX webspace from any ISP? Cheers. Dave.
May 27th 05 03:36 PM
by Spack Go to last post
2 235
Zion media - gone? by dj_jammy
While I've been trying to sus out which DSL/Wireless router modem I wan I had looked at http://www.zionmedia.co.uk/ (among many) and it appear they have erm shutdown anyone know if this is temporary -- dj_jammy
May 27th 05 03:17 PM
by Stefan Kaniuk Go to last post
1 343
URL unreachable by XRM
I am unable to get to www.egg.com or www.rbsdigital.com on BT broadband. Sites OK via VPN tunnel through my employers network. Is there some issue?
May 27th 05 03:02 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
6 404
Migration Pipex to PlusNet by Tim Smith
Hi I initiated a migration from Pipex to Plusnet last week and according to PlusNet it is scheduled to happen tomorrow afternoon. However, whislt I was using the PC last night (about 9pm) my internet connection stopped working. Looking at my router, I noticed that it is stating that my Pipex username and password is invalid. I tried my Plusnet username and password and they are also showing...
May 27th 05 02:36 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
7 320
UK Online and Connection? by [email protected]
Ordered a move from virgin to UkOnline and was told on the 10th May by email that my service would be activated and an email and modem will be sent out, but have not received the modem yet. Yestarday my connection was dead when I got home from work, so tried the user name and password from UKonline and was online straight way. Now if I did not have a adls modem router then I'd be stuck. This is...
May 27th 05 01:16 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
9 244
bt 2mb upgrade by [email protected]
Has anyone been able to upgrade their bt business broadband to 2mb using the bt connect site ? Every time i try i get a message saying that there is a 'fault' pretty impressive eh ?
May 27th 05 11:39 AM
by Peter M Go to last post
3 228
How to use Vigor 2600vg with fixed IP address? by John Perry
At the moment I am using a spare PC and software as an Internet router but it is getting old and a bit unreliable, and I am trying to replace it with a Vigor2600VG. My network all has fixed IP address in the 192.168.0.xxx range. While I have managed to configure the Vigor to use a fixed IP address, I cannot control it via the web interface unless the DHCP server is running (and I don't want or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
May 27th 05 12:35 AM
by John Perry Go to last post
14 676
Plusnet pricing by Geoff
I'm a little confused by the pricing on the Plusnet website. It states that you can get the service, with a free modem and one year contract with free setup. But later on it states that if you cancel after a year, you'll owe them the cost of the modem plus 58.75 less 11.75 for every year that you stay with them. Hence it looks to me like a lot more than just 1 year contract if you have to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
May 26th 05 10:28 PM
by Robbo Go to last post
29 438
Migrating to another SP by The Cable Guy
Hello, I have a colleague who's wanting to change broadband suppliers. BT have provided a MAC code. He has a Thompson Speedtouch 330 modem. My question - is it simple to amend the user details on this modem with the new service provider settings?
May 26th 05 09:47 PM
by The Cable Guy Go to last post
4 252
BT light user scheme by R D S
Hi, I barely use my home telephone and decided to return to the light user scheme which reduces the line rental, the lighter the use the less you pay. I was told by BT that now that I have broadband I cannot have this service. (It doesn't matter whether you get broadband from them or not) It seems they are paranoid about losing money from calls via internet services. Unfair methinks. Rick
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
May 26th 05 08:18 PM
by Bob Eager Go to last post
12 517
3g vpn by John
Hi Has anyone used any of the 3g cards to setup vpn to the company network? Which service provider is better? Thanks Regards
May 26th 05 06:19 PM
by Roly Go to last post
4 214
can 2 isp's work on the same connection by nigelnibbles
hi all, we have 1 bt telephone line in our house, at the moment my wife uses that line for her AOL broadband connection via a wireless router. I use my comp on NTL cable broadband but want to give it up. can we use the same BT line for 2 ISP broadband connections, and more importantly, could both ISP's be operating at the same time. or would we have to have a 2nd BT line installed if I wanted a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
May 26th 05 05:57 PM
by Phil Thompson Go to last post
23 384
BT Broadband login details by Jim Howes
Hi, I will be installing an ADSL router at the home of an elderly gentlemen whose PC I recently rescued from 666 kinds of spyware, malware and assorted viruses. (Via the Zap-it-and-start-again method. It's now XP-SP2'd, firewalled, anti-virus'ed, thunderbird'ed, de-outlook'ed and the grandkids account is denied access to pretty much everything). The customer is barely clued about email, but...
May 26th 05 05:54 PM
by Nicola Redwood Go to last post
6 232
One Tel Broadband questions by Steve Buckley
I am thinking of leaving my broadband supplier (NTL) for a package supplied by OneTel. I have a few questions, if anyone can help. (cant find the answers on OneTels web site) 1. Does Onetel support multiple computers? 2. I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 Ver4 broadband router, will this work with OneTels ADSL service? 3. What type of modem do the supply (USB or Ethernet)? 4. Finally, Whats the...
May 26th 05 05:53 PM
by {{{{{Welcome}}}}} Go to last post
6 232
Post New Thread