Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Contacting Plusnet by wooosh
"Patrick Nethercot (ngs)" wrote in message ... How can one email Plusnet? Even as a 'guest' login, the contact page is not available. As I am considering them, it doesn't bode well if I cannot ask a technical question upon which signing with them may depend. Ring them.......... "Call us on 0845 1400200 24 hours a...
June 5th 05 06:54 PM
by wooosh Go to last post
0 204
Virgin - Free broadband modem - Still Free? by Alt Beer
Are Virgin still giving a free broadband modem to new broadband subscribers? In Virgin broadband faq it states "If you don't already have a broadband modem, you might like to buy our Broadband Starter Kit from our partner Thomson" Thanks
June 5th 05 06:27 PM
by Sunil Sood Go to last post
1 326
Belkin Router giving me better results then Netgear? by Dee
I recently switched from Pipex in the UK to PlusNet I was on 512 kb/s and then upgraded by plusnet to 2 mb/s connection Soon after I found the Net Gear DG834G I'd been using since December 2004 started to disconnect a lot, also the problem seemed to have gotten worse and worse with Noise db levels first showing figures of around 9db, then falling to 3db, etc I'd already upgraded to...
June 5th 05 06:15 PM
by Dee Go to last post
0 309
Contacting Plusnet by Martin Underwood
"Patrick Nethercot (ngs)" wrote in message ... How can one email Plusnet? Even as a 'guest' login, the contact page is not available. As I am considering them, it doesn't bode well if I cannot ask a technical question upon which signing with them may depend. http://portal.plus.net.uk/my.html?action=contact_sales...
June 5th 05 05:50 PM
by Martin Underwood Go to last post
0 270
Disconnects by [email protected]
A few days ago I installed a Speedtouch 330 and converted my dial up to ADSL. It all went seamlessly and was up and running in minutes. No problems apart from disconnects whenever I stop using the connection for a few minutes. What's the likely cause? --
June 5th 05 05:16 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 279
Netgear DG834 v2 by Pete.
Anyone have any speed problems with the Netgear DG834 router? Got one the other day, but even when I'm the only computer connected to it I can only get about 30KB/s from the net. When I connect with the BT USB modem it gives me a steady 55kB/s. I have e-mailed Netgear, but they are slow replying. I am on a 512k BT Yahoo DSL line if that makes any difference. Thanks, Pete.
June 5th 05 03:54 PM
by Don Carter Go to last post
6 427
SNR & ATT figures after lightning filter by Phil Thompson
On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 10:27:52 +0100, Nigel Molesworth wrote: Any need to be concerned? plenty of margin left but this "lightning filter" is costing you 5 dB of SNR margin which one day might reduce the max speed you can get. Phil --
June 5th 05 03:36 PM
by Phil Thompson Go to last post
0 223
E-buyer modem router by Joker7
"Tommy" [email protected] wrote in message ... : have just purchased a origo asr 8400 : 4 port sp1 firewall adsl modem router : E-Buyer quick link 48449 : have installed ok but there does not seem to be a firewall : or am i missing something,on the box it says Firewall optional : : Is there something i must setup or been sent the wrong modem : any help...
June 5th 05 03:35 PM
by Ian Stirling Go to last post
5 198
o/t Ban the Frog !!! by Marky
http://www.petitiononline.com/Ginge...tion-sign.html? Click here to sign Sign the petition to have it banned To: Mobile phone ringtone creators
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
June 5th 05 03:18 PM
by Dr Teeth Go to last post
25 490
SNR & ATT figures after lightning filter by Sunil Sood
"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message ... My router has just died after a lightning storm, so I've plugged the replacement through a lightning filter. I'm on Pipex Solo 2000. Here are the before figures: Dn Up SNR Margin 35 28 dB Line Att 28 16 dB
June 5th 05 12:28 PM
by Sunil Sood Go to last post
0 220
Speedtouc 330 on WIN98SE by David Wade
Folks, I have been trying to set one of the above on a rather old PC running WIN98SE. It does not appear to create the "ISDN layer" this modem uses. When you to connect it says it can't create the connection. You can't create manually as there is not ISDN layer, which "appears" on my PC when I install it.Any clues any one. Modem is OK, works on my PC. Appears in device manager on WIN98? Ran...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 4th 05 09:24 PM
by David Wade Go to last post
15 424
Demon ISDN -- broadband conversions by Andrew Hodgson
Hi all, Exchange is broadband enabled on the 15th. I have a home highway setup with Demon using the Surftime Anytime option. If I get the ISP to cancel the HH, which will get rid of the ISDN number, what will happen to the Surftime option - does it get transfered to the remaining line or cancelled alongside HH? Also what are people's experiences of cancelling with Demon? I was going to...
June 4th 05 07:19 PM
by Phil Thompson Go to last post
1 253
Netgear WG111 USB 2.0 by chipshop
Greetings all... Does anyone know if the Netgear WG111 USB 2.0 wireless adapter will work with USB 1.1 ? http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=1527&CategoryID=121&ShopGroupID=8 Ta muchness chipshop
June 4th 05 06:38 PM
by MM Go to last post
1 209
Will ADSL signal be affected by length of an extension from the BT master socket? by km
The master socket is approximately 100 metres away from the proposed extension box which will be used to service a 5 PC network. The Router is also linked to a Networked Printer (cabled) and currently 3 cabled PCs and 2 Wireless. Will this distance cause problems? Looking at available extension boxes I can only see screw types for the wiring (Maplins and B&Q). Should I get one of these or are...
June 4th 05 04:33 PM
by km Go to last post
5 357
Talk Talk Upped Connection Speed? by Norman
I moved house last week and just got my broadband reconnected today. My connection speed reads as 2.3mbps....I thought Talk Talk only had 1mbps as a max or shoud I assume it is just 1mb and my pc is telling me porkies? Norman
June 4th 05 12:41 PM
by Phil Thompson Go to last post
3 437
Broadband via Wired Router by Chris Pape
Hi guys! We are in the process of setting up a wireless BB network in our house through 7 computers. What is the name of the cable that will connect the one 'wired' system we have to the wireless router, and where is the best place to get this from? Also, is it true that this system needs to be permanently switched on for the BB to function, or and I getting a pile of bul***it from a friend...
June 3rd 05 10:26 PM
by Martin Underwood Go to last post
7 253
Overlaps at ADSL migration by Mark Carver
I'm due to migrate from Pipex to Plusnet next week. I am likely to be away from home on the day that's been set. No problem I thought until I mentioned it to my wife ! (I didn't think she would be that bothered :-) ). Anyway I hope I can talk her through re-setting the username/pw on my router over the phone, a bit fiddly it's a Solwise 715. However I read in this recent...
June 3rd 05 07:48 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
3 189
UKOnline complete ******** by Don Turner
I might later regret this post tomorrow but I'm completely ****ed with this company. I signed up in the beginning of May and was given a changeover date of 18th May from Zen Internet. The date came and went and no sign of the transfer. After days trying to get through to a human being and numerous mails I get an automated email to say that my date is now 1st June. Guess what??? nothing...
June 3rd 05 06:42 PM
by Martin Go to last post
4 365
Laptop with WiFi by Martin @REMOVETHIS.plus.com
Hi Questions What sort/make of modem should i get to connect my laptop to broadband via WiFi? And What would i need to plug into the phone socket? I don't need or have a network, it's only for in the house Would i be able to get a decent reception anywhere or is there liable to be a range/limitation ?
June 3rd 05 06:25 PM
by Martin @REMOVETHIS.plus.com Go to last post
5 321
Wireless adapter for PCI 2.1 slot. by chipshop
Greetings all... I recently inherited an old AcerPower 8000 PII that I want to use as an internet machine for the children. For this purpose I bought another Netgear WG311 wireless PCI adapter...but it appears that the AcerPower's motherboard has PCI 2.1 slots and the WG311 is PCI 2.2 only.
June 3rd 05 11:15 AM
by Phil Go to last post
9 333
Post New Thread