Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Any experience of 256k ADSL? by Trevor Morris
I have had an intermittent new 512 kb/s ADSL service via Zen for a couple of weeks, using a Netgear DG834 ethernet router supplied by them. BT have fitted a filtered faceplate to the master socket, with no improvement. When working, downstream attenuation is 63 dB, with a noise margin from 1 to 5 dB (usually 3 dB): upstream attn. 31.5 dB, noise margin 9-11 dB (from memory). The connection...
June 14th 05 10:42 AM
by Trevor Morris Go to last post
4 333
telephone cuts out broadband by [email protected]
i have a vigor wireless connection with 3 computers and all works brill. when there is an incoming call on the cordless phone the internet connection is lost then after a few mins it re connects. i have filters where i should have them any one have any ideas
June 14th 05 01:54 AM
by Martin˛ Go to last post
8 300
AVC broadband satellite by Ken Walsh
I use AVC broadband (satellite broadband via Astra 28.2 plus BT-Yahoo for Dial-up) just wanted tips how to set up software like eMule. I`ve got my web browser and emailer working ok any help anyone please, cheers Ken
June 13th 05 09:58 PM
by Ken Walsh Go to last post
3 220
What IP suplys the best 2MB ADSL by www.sdsl.me.uk
What IP suplys the best 2MB ADSL. I also see some do ADSL 8MB i always thourt broadband only went upto 2MB. Also who does the cheapest SDSL Any help would be great. --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
June 13th 05 07:44 PM
by Paul Eagles Go to last post
29 611
External telephone wiring and ADSL by RolYat
I have 2 BT lines/numbers into my house .... one has ADSL enabled on it, one doesn't. I need to run both lines out to a new summerhouse in the garden, I _do not_ want to go down any wireless options (DECT, wireless networks, routers et al) I can of course run 2 separate cables from each BT Master Socket in the house (which are literally side by side) conduited along the route the cable...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 13th 05 04:43 PM
by Mark Evans Go to last post
49 1,498
Caller Display and ADSL - solved by Clive
Previous attempts at trying to get my Cable & Wireless Caller ID phone to recognise incoming calls had failed. MY BT Dect phone caller ID works. Now I had tried everything, Different filters - cheap one, BT branded one that came with my Plusnet started kit. Swapped leads moved phones nothing. Mmm - must be the Cable & Wireless phone.... but...... Got my new Netgear DG834 today and with a...
June 13th 05 04:35 PM
by Clive Go to last post
0 323
ADSL and Caller ID by Clive
Before I had ADSL activated on my line my Cable & Wireless Caller ID phone (number&name) worked fine. Since ADSL It's showing no caller info. I also have a BT DECT phone with caller ID (number only) that still shows incoming numbers. Are some Caller ID phones NOT compatible with ADSL? Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 13th 05 04:21 PM
by Bob Evans Go to last post
10 638
Linksys HG200 router by Phil
Is anyone using the Linksys HG200 ADSL router from Tesco? If so, what's it like? -- Phil http://www.philipchung.co.uk/
June 13th 05 03:56 PM
by DemonSLX Go to last post
3 292
TalkTalk - newsgroup request by ciqret
I am a new, and currently happy, subscriber to TalkTalk broadband. However having migrated my newsreader over to the TalkTalk newserver there is one particular newsgroup I can't access any more (uk.people.consumer.ebay). I'd like to make a request that this NG is added to news.talktalk.net, but can't find anything vaguely useful at www.talktalk.net .. Any help would be appreciated.
June 13th 05 03:00 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
8 545
VPN client access through a router by Martin Underwood
Am I right in thinking that most/all broadband firewall routers can pass VPN traffic (possibly with specific ports needing to be opened in the firewall) so that a VPN client on a "private LAN" PC can access a VPN endpoint on a company's server? I know that the ability of a router to act as a VPN endpoint (eg into a company LAN) is a feature that not all routers have, but nothing special is...
June 12th 05 10:51 PM
by Robert Go to last post
4 351
New BT Line by Gareth :-\\\) voom
Hi, I have just had a new BT line fitted yesterday and wondered how long I have to wait before I can order broadband on it. I tried today but it did not recognise the number. Does anyone have any info on how long it may take?
June 12th 05 10:50 PM
by Gareth :-\\\) voom Go to last post
4 200
Netgear DG834G - setting up emailing of logs to an AOL address by Martin Underwood
Here's a really stupid question. How do you set up this router to email its logs to an AOL address? I've set loads of these routers to send to other addresses via other SMTP servers, but I can't make it work to AOL. Email address screen Outgoing email server SMTP.uk.aol.com I've tried with authentication disabled and with it enabled using the user's screen name and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 12th 05 06:07 PM
by Martin Underwood Go to last post
15 635
What is happening here???? Any ideia????? by Carlos Arruda
Hello. I just went to a friends house to check on a problem he had (still has) on his wireless network. He's got a netgear wireless router (don't know the model) it looks really fancy and its a perfect match for a mac pc, the NICs he's ussing are from netgear as well. While ussing the router's DHCP server the wireless network card on his PC gets the following settings;
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 12th 05 04:46 PM
by Linker3000 Go to last post
11 476
Ebuyer Router Problem by aa
I recently set up my (non-techie) sis / bil with broadband from PlusNet. SamKnows website indicates a 2Mb speed should be possible, though BT found the signal at the house was half a db over their official threshold for 2Mb. Long story short, the c2Mb connection was patchy so BT reduced speed of connection to 1Mb. They were and still are using an 'Ebuyer 1 Port SPI Firewall Combo Ethernet...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 12th 05 03:24 PM
by aa Go to last post
17 379
Good News: Broadband in the East of England by Netcom mbickers
Some good news at last! The EEDA have announced that funding is available to upgrade a number of exchanges in the East of England. See the web site below for further details. http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2250 Eight rural areas in East of England to get ADSL and SDSL Author: MrSaffron
June 12th 05 11:24 AM
by Netcom mbickers Go to last post
0 227
ADSL Modem Router questions by §meagol
Windows XP Home Edition Demon home 500 broadband Ebuyer Modem Router (link below for actual product) http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=6318835566&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=48448 New to the subject of Modem Routers. Recently bought this as it had great reviews and a very good price. Quick and simple to set up. However, I have a couple of questions.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 12th 05 02:44 AM
by Martin˛ Go to last post
13 574
Netgear DG834G V2 - intermittently no lights, cannot ping router by Martin Underwood
A customer of mine has a Netgear DG834G V2 router which is connected to AOL. Intermittently (it's happened three or four times in two months) the router stops working. It displays no lights on the front panel - not even the power LED - and it becomes totally uncommunicative - you cannot even ping it. It needs to be unplugged from its power supply and left for about 1 minute; after this, it works...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 12th 05 02:37 AM
by Martin˛ Go to last post
11 354
Woo! 1mb, 11km line. by [email protected]
No mains water or electricity (and Screwfix/Lynx have lost the dedicated DC-AC inverter I ordered to power the router 24/7)... but 1mb broadband! Over 11km from the exchange, now syncing at 1152000, a second or two after the router initialises (as quick as 512) and the connection hadn't dropped for 12 hours after the regrade (must have been around 3 am this morning), before I rebooted. Appears...
June 12th 05 12:59 AM
by Muxton Go to last post
8 304
Is 512kb more stable? by simon
I've just read this on the Zen board at ADSL Guide: "Some premises have more RF noise (interference) than others. Where this is a problem, the usual answer is a filtered placeplate with a short Cat5 cable to a nearby router, so the RF interference pickup is minimised. Lots of people haven't seen any adverse effects from this in the past because 512k is remarkably tolerant of poor signal...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 11th 05 08:35 PM
by J B Go to last post
11 476
Line still syncs after cancellation by JA Paul
I cancelled adsl on a line a few weeks ago but the router still syncs with the line. No connection is possible but obviously the line is still enabled. Do BT just leave the line in this state or does it revert to a normal analogue line later. If it is left as it is do filters need to be left in place? --
June 11th 05 07:54 PM
by Ian Stirling Go to last post
1 236
Post New Thread