Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
How do I refresh the Ethernet device entry in XP's Net Connections? by mikeFNB
i must ask why bother? however you asked so....... i would uninstall the rest is auto upon reboot mike
June 19th 05 01:59 AM
by mikeFNB Go to last post
0 248
ADSL Line impedance (was DSL lead pinout) by 317
Are all router modems using the same dsl lead (pins) and if so which carry the 2 wire signal. My stock lead has all 6 wires terminated both end so I can't see. I want to break in to the dsl feed by building an rj11 socket to plug filter and plug this into my router. Much obliged. It uses the middle 2 pins of the 6. --
June 19th 05 12:42 AM
by kraftee Go to last post
4 461
How do I refresh the Ethernet device entry in XP's Net Connections? by Dr Teeth
(1) How do I delete it? Can I just delete the entry in Network Connections or do I need to use uninstall in Device manager? or some other way. Device manager (2) How do I recreate a new entry in Network Connections for my ethernet adapter? Will XP do it automatically whe it next boots? Device manager's toolbar has a button, pressing it will detect 'new'
June 18th 05 11:44 PM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
1 335
harware reset (return to factory defaults) for Q-tec 584AA? by impius
Alex Hunsley Wrote: I'm trying to find out how to do a hardware reset of the Q-tec 584AA ADSL router. There is a very small hole in the front to the right of the lan led's you can just get a paper clip in there , or a pin , whatever ans pres to reset , works for me evrytime. around page 12 of...
June 18th 05 10:59 PM
by impius Go to last post
0 353
Stopping old and starting new BT ADSL contract by Roger
Hi We have a 512k BT ADSL service which was installed early in 2004, for which we pay 65.00 per month. I have enquired from our BT account manager if we can commence a new 2Mbit line at the current price, which is 30.00. He has returned to me saying that it will cost 70.00 to stop the contract and start a new one, even though we're past the mandatory twelve month period.
June 18th 05 09:43 PM
by Gaz Go to last post
7 338
Router advice for P2P by Dr Teeth
My current router, Netgear DG 834 v1, firmware 2.10.17 (beta) seems to choke on prolonged P2P sessions. The d/l speed drops and a quick disconnect/connect gets things back to speed again. Does anybody know of a outer that does not exhibit this behaviour? TIA. -- Cheers,
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 18th 05 02:02 PM
by kraftee Go to last post
13 471
AOL BB... by Kill The Frog
Do you still have to use that crappy browser/email software they use with Dial Up?
June 18th 05 09:47 AM
by kim Go to last post
5 473
Wish me luck.... by Tekguru (Daron Brewood)
Due to migrate from Eclipse to PlusNet tomorrow, will it work okay, will it be actually carried out tomorrow... The tension builds! -- Tekguru (Daron Brewood) MS-MVP/Mobile Devices Webmaster: UKs largest Pocket PC Site http://www.tekguru.co.uk
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 18th 05 09:08 AM
by Tekguru (Daron Brewood) Go to last post
12 494
DSL lead pinout by 317
'cuse me for butting in, but; Are all router modems using the same dsl lead (pins) and if so which carry the 2 wire signal. My stock lead has all 6 wires terminated both end so I can't see. I want to break in to the dsl feed by building an rj11 socket to plug filter and plug this into my router. Much obliged.
June 18th 05 01:18 AM
by Rupert Go to last post
6 1,451
Minimum RAM for BlueYonder? by Mike Halmarack
Hi, My sister applied for the BlueYonder service and was told she needed more RAM in her computer. Currently she has 64MB. What's the minimum she needs to have? -- Regards, Mike Halmarack Drop the EGG to email me.
June 18th 05 12:45 AM
by Rupert Go to last post
7 364
Do I block access from svchost to DHCP? by Bit Twister
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:32:46 GMT, Mister C wrote: From time to time I get this message from my Sygate firewall. Should I let this program through? "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services (svchost.exe) is trying to connect to using remote port 67 (BOOTPS - Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Server). Do you want to allow this program to access...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 18th 05 12:26 AM
by Mark McIntyre Go to last post
31 930
Contention - Who do you contend with? by JPG
We are a business located on a business park. Our 1MB Star.net connection is suffering pings of nearly a second to UK sites. Our business 20:1 contention ratio may be the problem - are we likely to share with other businesses on the park, whose internet use may be similar to ours (2Gb/day)? Our previous kilostream link (128kb/s) was much quicker but much more expensive. Would we be better...
June 17th 05 04:59 PM
by Phil Thompson Go to last post
2 248
Moving (again) by Chris Hills
Just over a year ago I moved from one house to another. At the old house I transferred the contract to another household member, and started a new contract at the new place. Since then, the old contract has been cancelled. I now want to move back and resume Telewest service there, but still leave a Telewest service where I am currently, due to there being others in the household. What do you...
June 17th 05 04:10 PM
by Jonathan Pearson Go to last post
2 392
Line loss checking prior to adsl by Alan
Is there any way to check line loss figures etc on my line prior to my exchange getting enabled in a couple of weeks time. I have an adsl router but assume it cant give me that info until the line is enabled? The reason I want to check is that whilst I am less than a km from the exchange the last 250 m from the road is via underground cable through farming land!! It is exposed in a few...
June 17th 05 02:18 PM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
3 360
DSL-504 Router question by Alt Beer
I have a DSL-504 router (generation I with firmware R2.02.b2t4uk) Does anyone know if it is possible and if so how to block incoming ICMP echo requests ? If not possible with current firmware would it be possible with an upgrade to firmware R2.21.002.05.b15 Thanks
June 17th 05 12:15 PM
by Jim Howes Go to last post
1 365
lttbroadbandsupport.co.uk by an other
anyone have a WORKING telephone number for LTT in the UK?? the numbers on their website direct to SPAIN where either a MODEM or a FAX picks up the phone!! the UK numbers in their RIPE.NET registry entries are constantly engaged (I think BT have payment issues!!) thanks
June 17th 05 11:52 AM
by Phil Thompson Go to last post
1 224
Enabling ping response on PTI router? by John Philip
I have a PTI 840 (cheapo from Dabs)router and I notice by default it does not respond to pings on the WAN side. Trouble is I cannot find the setting for this in the setup pages. The router reports Firmware CX82xxx_4.1.0.13 Customer Software 8x0_PTI_030104.00FA Default Setting ISP BT(UK)
June 16th 05 09:48 PM
by Chipmunk Go to last post
3 350
Netgear WG311T (PCI) wireless adaptor - minimum service pack for Windows 2000 by Martin Underwood
I have a customer whose PC is running Windows 2000 Service Pack 1. Does anyone know whether the WG311T (which supports W2K) has any minimum service pack requirements? The Netgear web site and the data sheets just say "Windows 2000" without specifying whether it requires upgrade to a given service pack. Also, do I understand their web site correctly? To get WPA encryption, you need the...
June 16th 05 07:55 PM
by Martin Underwood Go to last post
0 362
AOL and configuring a Router by David Bradley
I was called into a friends home to get his router up and running having decided to sensibly to ditch his USB ADSL modem. Not sure of the precise settings to use in the router for AOL, a call to their help desk proved particularly frustrating with virtually no advice being given for the generic settings to use. A typical response being that routers were not supported and that the manufacturer...
June 16th 05 07:33 PM
by Tiscali Tim Go to last post
6 453
All-in-one ADSL/modem router with full VPN by Donkel
I'm searching for an All-in-one ADSL/modem router with full VPN (Not VPN Pass through) I want to setup a VPN between this router at home and the office router so my devices (1 portable/1 desktop) at home can connect securely to the office LAN.
June 16th 05 05:40 PM
by Farouq Go to last post
6 420
Post New Thread