Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
DSL lead pinout by 317
'cuse me for butting in, but; Are all router modems using the same dsl lead (pins) and if so which carry the 2 wire signal. My stock lead has all 6 wires terminated both end so I can't see. I want to break in to the dsl feed by building an rj11 socket to plug filter and plug this into my router. Much obliged.
June 18th 05 01:18 AM
by Rupert Go to last post
6 1,413
Minimum RAM for BlueYonder? by Mike Halmarack
Hi, My sister applied for the BlueYonder service and was told she needed more RAM in her computer. Currently she has 64MB. What's the minimum she needs to have? -- Regards, Mike Halmarack Drop the EGG to email me.
June 18th 05 12:45 AM
by Rupert Go to last post
7 358
Do I block access from svchost to DHCP? by Bit Twister
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:32:46 GMT, Mister C wrote: From time to time I get this message from my Sygate firewall. Should I let this program through? "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services (svchost.exe) is trying to connect to using remote port 67 (BOOTPS - Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Server). Do you want to allow this program to access...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 18th 05 12:26 AM
by Mark McIntyre Go to last post
31 854
Contention - Who do you contend with? by JPG
We are a business located on a business park. Our 1MB Star.net connection is suffering pings of nearly a second to UK sites. Our business 20:1 contention ratio may be the problem - are we likely to share with other businesses on the park, whose internet use may be similar to ours (2Gb/day)? Our previous kilostream link (128kb/s) was much quicker but much more expensive. Would we be better...
June 17th 05 04:59 PM
by Phil Thompson Go to last post
2 230
Moving (again) by Chris Hills
Just over a year ago I moved from one house to another. At the old house I transferred the contract to another household member, and started a new contract at the new place. Since then, the old contract has been cancelled. I now want to move back and resume Telewest service there, but still leave a Telewest service where I am currently, due to there being others in the household. What do you...
June 17th 05 04:10 PM
by Jonathan Pearson Go to last post
2 371
Line loss checking prior to adsl by Alan
Is there any way to check line loss figures etc on my line prior to my exchange getting enabled in a couple of weeks time. I have an adsl router but assume it cant give me that info until the line is enabled? The reason I want to check is that whilst I am less than a km from the exchange the last 250 m from the road is via underground cable through farming land!! It is exposed in a few...
June 17th 05 02:18 PM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
3 347
DSL-504 Router question by Alt Beer
I have a DSL-504 router (generation I with firmware R2.02.b2t4uk) Does anyone know if it is possible and if so how to block incoming ICMP echo requests ? If not possible with current firmware would it be possible with an upgrade to firmware R2.21.002.05.b15 Thanks
June 17th 05 12:15 PM
by Jim Howes Go to last post
1 345
lttbroadbandsupport.co.uk by an other
anyone have a WORKING telephone number for LTT in the UK?? the numbers on their website direct to SPAIN where either a MODEM or a FAX picks up the phone!! the UK numbers in their RIPE.NET registry entries are constantly engaged (I think BT have payment issues!!) thanks
June 17th 05 11:52 AM
by Phil Thompson Go to last post
1 204
Enabling ping response on PTI router? by John Philip
I have a PTI 840 (cheapo from Dabs)router and I notice by default it does not respond to pings on the WAN side. Trouble is I cannot find the setting for this in the setup pages. The router reports Firmware CX82xxx_4.1.0.13 Customer Software 8x0_PTI_030104.00FA Default Setting ISP BT(UK)
June 16th 05 09:48 PM
by Chipmunk Go to last post
3 344
Netgear WG311T (PCI) wireless adaptor - minimum service pack for Windows 2000 by Martin Underwood
I have a customer whose PC is running Windows 2000 Service Pack 1. Does anyone know whether the WG311T (which supports W2K) has any minimum service pack requirements? The Netgear web site and the data sheets just say "Windows 2000" without specifying whether it requires upgrade to a given service pack. Also, do I understand their web site correctly? To get WPA encryption, you need the...
June 16th 05 07:55 PM
by Martin Underwood Go to last post
0 350
AOL and configuring a Router by David Bradley
I was called into a friends home to get his router up and running having decided to sensibly to ditch his USB ADSL modem. Not sure of the precise settings to use in the router for AOL, a call to their help desk proved particularly frustrating with virtually no advice being given for the generic settings to use. A typical response being that routers were not supported and that the manufacturer...
June 16th 05 07:33 PM
by Tiscali Tim Go to last post
6 440
All-in-one ADSL/modem router with full VPN by Donkel
I'm searching for an All-in-one ADSL/modem router with full VPN (Not VPN Pass through) I want to setup a VPN between this router at home and the office router so my devices (1 portable/1 desktop) at home can connect securely to the office LAN.
June 16th 05 05:40 PM
by Farouq Go to last post
6 383
ATA recommendations by Andrew Gabriel
Looking for recommendations for an ATA to install in parents' house where I will manage it remotely. Should provide POTS feedthrough so they continue using all their current handsets pretty much as they do now, with BT callerid. Would also like direct IP to IP calling. I have been recommended the SIPRA 3000. I couldn't see any mention of direct IP to IP calling in its spec though, and I found a...
June 16th 05 02:04 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
1 414
Bulldog 4meg by runlikethewind
Hi, Thinking of changing to Bulldog 4meg from Telewest Cheaper and double speed any comments, feedback, is service good?, any problems? thanks
June 16th 05 01:57 AM
by J Willis Go to last post
4 244
Domain registrations... by Peter M
https://portal.plus.net/features/domains.shtml shows the fees payable for various TLDs. Did not see .info but since they can be registered for $2.99 (they were free for a few months) and a .com/org/net can be had for under $10 (that's under 7 quid) it does seem a lot to charge 79.00 +VAT. I know registering a domain isn't something which Plus.Net considers 'core business', but whether for...
June 16th 05 12:08 AM
by Peter M Go to last post
1 276
Sync Speed = IPStream product ? by Mark Carver
My in-laws currently have a Pipex Solo 250k account. I noticed recently that their router sync speed increased from 576k to (from memory) 2272k. I assume BT have connected them at the fastest speed their line will support. For the purposes of free migration can I assume that they are connected currently to an 'IPStream 2000' product ? --
June 15th 05 11:03 PM
by Dan Go to last post
5 478
Tiscali to Plusnet - I want to move by Geoff
Ok, so I'm currently with Tiscali on their 512k package, although they were supposed to upgrade my package to 1mbit in March, it turned out to be a sour grapes deal that wasn't all it was cracked up to be, so I now want to move to Plusnet as I understand they offer an Unlimited 1mb service (something Tiscali promised me but never delivered). Whats the procedure for doing the move? And how...
June 15th 05 04:19 PM
by Joker7 Go to last post
5 504
Price for installing microfiltered face plate by Adam Piggott
June 15th 05 12:22 AM
by Andrew Go to last post
8 514
netmeter by Mike NG
The red lines are for downloads. green for uploads, but what is yellow for? I guess it is related to authentication, but I seem to get periods where this goes on for a while. I end up disconnecting the connectoid as it looks abnormal, although ZoneAlarm isn't reporting anything abnormal, but do I need to be concerned? I have an internal Alcatel PCI modem which is the only machine accessing...
June 14th 05 11:42 PM
by Mike NG Go to last post
1 317
10.4 tiger and wanadoo by lucifer
Does Tiger 10.4 work with wanadoo broadband as ive just installed 10. and my modems gone off line and the software quits everytime i try t reinstall.....Does anyone know of an updater for the wanado software???...... Thanks....... -- lucifer
June 14th 05 10:11 PM
by Andy Hewitt Go to last post
1 186
Post New Thread