Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Broadband telephony gets a boost by JPG
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
May 26th 05 04:58 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
18 301
Removing ADSL from a phone line by Billy
Is there any way of removing/transferring an ADSL supplier from a phone line if you have absolutely no account details for said supplier? Basically, what has happened is I've moved into a house share, there is already an ADSL service associated with the phone line, the other guys in the house know nothing about it and reckon it was set up by a former tenant who has since disappeared leaving no...
May 26th 05 02:24 PM
by James Blessing Go to last post
2 303
RANT: 12MB uncapped for 20some GBP! by [L.]
RANT I just discovered that Tiscali is offering 12 MB uncapped for approx 20 GBP in Italy! And I still cannot get 1 MB ADSL in the UK Join Europe? No, let's keep separate, and pay twice the amount for a third of the service! http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/sa/12flat_tc/ /RANT
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
May 26th 05 01:52 PM
by Antony Go to last post
18 376
e by Stefan Kaniuk
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
20 495
VPN by John Owens
I am considering changing suppliers for my internet feed. I know that at least one of my clients is setting up a system whereby I might need toVPN in to them. Do the ISP's charge extra for this. Do any block it ? Do any actually help set it up ? Sorry if that seems naive but I have looked at several ISP sites and cannot find the info.
May 26th 05 12:52 PM
by John Owens Go to last post
9 225
New to ADSL: After an hour or so I get disconnected by Peter Hill
Hi, I'm with Griffin because of Usenet Access and have 4 PC's connected to ADSL via a D-Link DSL-604T Router. 3 on Wireless and this PC Hard Wired. If I leave this PC for over an hour, when I come back I can not connect to E-Mail or the Web. I can log in to the Router which says I am connected, but still no joy. If I restart the PC, I am back on. One of the advantages of ADSL, I have been...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
May 26th 05 08:59 AM
by NBT Go to last post
19 424
Plusnet PAYG - any good? by Well_i_Wonder
How does the Plusnet's PAYG option work? Can you view your current usage and do they count just downloads? There seems to be two ways of paying for additional Gb, one way costs 1GBP/Gb, the other costs 1.25GBP/Gb ?? Also what download speeds can I expect? TIA.
May 26th 05 01:40 AM
by Martin Go to last post
3 255
Bulldog broadband - [email protected] service by J Willis
Anyone wishing to subscribe to bulldog's Broadband superactive service be warned you may be in for a long wait to get your telephone & Broadband activated or never get it at all. Trying to get Bulldog to return your telephone line back to BT can also be problomatic. You may end up without a land line phone for weeks and in the end you might have to ask BT to install a new telephone line for...
May 25th 05 10:30 PM
by J Willis Go to last post
0 192
Wanadoo Broadband not connecting-Help by Blair
I received Broadband on the 10th May and was delighted with the new service. I went on holiday on the 13th May and returned on the 23rd May to find that my modem is blinking showing my account is not live and when I try and connect I get a message 'no dial tone'. I can still use my anytime account which I think lasts for a month after joining Broadband. I phoned the Wanadoo Broadband Help line...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
May 25th 05 06:48 PM
by NBT Go to last post
14 308
giving one PC priority using Speedtouch 510 by phil hunt
I have an ADSL connection which is connected to a SpeedTouch 510 modem/router, which in turn is connected to three PCs. What I want to do is set up my SpeedTouch so that packets to/from one PC are given priority over packets to/from the other PCs. From reading various information that I've Googled, and the SpeedTouch CLI reference guide, I get the impression that the way to do this is to...
May 25th 05 05:47 PM
by phil hunt Go to last post
2 304
VPN performance by Rob S
Hi, In practice how much difference will it make, performance wise, to setup a VPN between two locations running ADSL from the same ISP, as opposed to different ones, given speeds etc. are equal? cheers -Rob
May 25th 05 05:10 PM
by Wireless Reader Go to last post
3 234
Wanadoo Anytime- How long will remain live after Broadband activated by Blair
I applied for Wanadoo Broadband and my account was confirmed. Since then I have had a problem connecting to Broadband but in the meantime I can still use my previous Anytime account. Does anyone know how long this will last? -- Blair
May 25th 05 04:10 PM
by Blair Go to last post
4 231
How to setup Email account with Sony K700 on o2 payg ? by Anorak
How do I do this, anyone know a how to.. guide ?
May 25th 05 02:32 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
1 157
Need ADSL quick by Clive
Totally ##*&* off with Telewest and last night cancelled account. Was on 2mb for 37pm. Looking for a reliable service (top priority) and MUST be uncapped. Not bothered about Web space. Just a 2mb or faster connection at 37 or less Thanks Clive
May 25th 05 11:37 AM
by Gzl Go to last post
3 202
Broadband Plymouth by Joe Chip
Any suggestions for a bb supplier in Plymouth? Ideally 2Mb+, unlimited ... cable or adsl, doesn't matter. tia --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
May 25th 05 06:18 AM
by Peter M Go to last post
10 313
Plusnet's "Broadband Plus" package. by Bob Smith \(UK\)
Is anyone on this? Reading the web page, it seems they have no cap, but will throttle P2P at busy times. I was wondering when the busy times are. Is it set to 6pm-midnight for example, or is it just when usage goes up. And what kind of slowdown do you experience? Bob
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
May 25th 05 06:08 AM
by Peter M Go to last post
20 447
Demon connection failed - anything else to try? by kraftee
Nigel M wrote: A friend has a problem as follows: Went to use PC yesterday, no broadband connection from Demon Home 500. She hadn't changed anything on PC or phones. ADSL and USB LEDs on SpeedTouch 330 both green. I swapped the SpeedTouch 330 for another one. I swapped microfilters. I tried a router. Called Demon, they did several tests with other IDs, no joy.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
May 25th 05 04:29 AM
by Peter M Go to last post
10 313
Modem Int or Ext by Roy
I have an internal Conexant PCI modem installed, since upgrading from 512 to 2Mb connection. when running Applications I now find my downloads frequently stall for periods. Would an external modem cure this. Also as I have no intentions of ever connecting another computer to this setup, am I right in thinking a Router would be of no advantage over a Modem. Thanks Roy
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
May 25th 05 03:46 AM
by Peter M Go to last post
11 305
disappearing linespeed - it was 1.1 and OK but now they say I'm too far away !!! by icarus
Hi, I had a 1.1 line which worked ok without performance problems. After a month it became very very slow. It was downloading at around 10kB/sec. I reported it to my ISP who logged a fault with BT. About a week later it was running at 80-90 kB/sec so I thought good they have fixed it. This lasted for 2-3 hours then went back to being 10kB/sec. After a few more days my linespeed went to an...
May 25th 05 02:36 AM
by icarus Go to last post
4 190
House wiring: how best to connect? by Martin Underwood
I will be installing a wireless router for a customer who has various plug-in extensions, probably not BT-installed, plugged into the master socket. The router will be connected to the master socket. Is there any advantage in connecting all the other extensions to the phone socket of the microfilter, rather than connecting them directly to the master socket - ie ------- master ----- MF -----...
May 25th 05 01:12 AM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
6 197
Post New Thread