Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Cheapest place to buy a Draytek 2600VG ? by Dave
I've found that www.dslsource.co.uk sells a Draytek 2600vg for £182.01 Inc VAT and free post, anyone know a cheaper place to get one from before I place my order !? I've Google'd and Froogle'd but these folk 'seem' to have the lowest price ?? Anyone ? Dave.
June 7th 05 02:36 AM
by Martin² Go to last post
6 250
Wireless addition by David Bradley
I have a Draytek 2600plus but find that a planned additional PC is located where the effort to install fix wiring would be massive task. A possible solution would be a HomePlug Ethernet Adapter system, but the end user feedback on this type equipment seems to be rather negative. So it's going to be wirless, however even that is not going to be all that straightforward. I could simply throw money...
June 7th 05 02:15 AM
by Martin² Go to last post
6 259
I still get disconnected from ADSL (Griffin) by Peter Hill
Hello again, even when changing Lease times etc, each of the PC's on my LAN are disconnected from ADSL if the relevant PC is left idle for any length of time. I, and others, think the Router is causing this. It is likely that it is some setting I have done, so here are the settings as they are, hopefully something will be glaringly obvious: I use a D-Link DSL-604T Router, 1 PC hard wired, 3...
June 7th 05 01:11 AM
by Peter Hill Go to last post
3 2,847
Tiscali remove 1Mbit 30Gb a month option by James B
Tiscali have removed the 1Mb (30GB useage) option from their offerings - they seem to be going down with their service every week. At this rate they`ll be back to 'dial-up-only' soon.
June 7th 05 12:15 AM
by Mike K Go to last post
3 271
Fibre to the home (ditching ADSL ) by none
INTERNET TRENDS: New technology set to eclipse ADSL Japan firm pioneers fibre-to-the-home advances for domestic broadband users Global broadband Internet providers are promoting fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) technology to transport Net services to domestic users at lightning speed. Tetsuo Koga, executive vice-president for consumer business of Japan's NTT East, said Japan was migrating from...
June 6th 05 09:44 PM
by Ian Stirling Go to last post
3 403
Is 1 Meg my maximum speed with these figures? by Chris Cummings
Hi All, My exchange has recently been enabled and I have gone with Wanadoo at the 1M connection speed. It's working fine and I am happy with 1M. I have wondered if it may be possible to get higher speeds if an upgrade is offered at some time in the future. The figures from my router are as follows;- Down Up SNR 26.4 ...
June 6th 05 05:37 PM
by Chris Cummings Go to last post
3 273
Noise/attenuation: Netgear DG834T versus DLink DSL-G604T by Martin Underwood
I've just noticed something very strange... My Netgear router reports: Up Down Attenuation 30 dB 29 dB Noise Margin 6 dB 6 dB Whereas a customer's Dlink router that I'm testing for him before
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 6th 05 09:52 AM
by [-=Dan=-] Go to last post
11 525
Telecom/Broadband Provider by Rhino
Hi, I've just moved into a newly built flat and BT have informed me that they will charge £75 to install a new phone line even though there are already BT branded sockets in the flat. I do not live in a cable activated area and was wondering which other companies offer landlines for me to use to connect to ADSL and how much they charge for installation. I'm not bothered about call charges as I...
June 6th 05 01:13 AM
by Martin² Go to last post
3 273
Plusnet's 2mb/s is slower then it's 512 kb/s connection and being5.5 times slower then Pipex - why? by Dee
I migrated yesterday from Pipex 512 kb/s to PlusNet's 512kb/s (Plus option for £14.99 per month) with an order to regrade to the fastest possible speed. I can log into the intrnet with both pipex and plusnet ID's and Passwords yesterday both ISP's were working for me and I'd say PlusNet was a little quicker then Pipex at 512 kb/s I just got home and see I'm now connected at 2 mb/s and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 5th 05 11:48 PM
by Alex Heney Go to last post
52 882
1mb: Line length or SNR/ATT, which is more important to BT? by [email protected]
Hi, Do BT's presumptions about line length take precedence over the actual results when it comes to getting an upgrade? Can I request that the ISP submits the request manually, and that BT send out an engineer to do a calibrated line test if they aren't prepared to give it a try on the basis of the ISP's remote woosh test? ISP wooshed my equipment yesterday and the line appears to be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 5th 05 08:14 PM
by Chris Go to last post
12 536
Netgear and Belkin routers by Dee
I have a netgear all in one wireless router / modem and a belkin wifi router (no modem) both have 3 ethernet ports is it possible to have the netgear downstairs at the master socket where the telephone line signal is best and use the belkin upstairs to recieve internet wirelessly from the netgear and distribute on ethernet to 3 PC's upstairs?
June 5th 05 06:40 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
3 377
Cisco 837 by PJB
I have acquired an out of contract 837 with modified firmware that was used for the original account. Is there any firmware available for download to restore this to its default settings? P.
June 5th 05 06:04 PM
by PJB Go to last post
0 382
Contacting Plusnet by wooosh
"Patrick Nethercot (ngs)" wrote in message ... How can one email Plusnet? Even as a 'guest' login, the contact page is not available. As I am considering them, it doesn't bode well if I cannot ask a technical question upon which signing with them may depend. Ring them.......... "Call us on 0845 1400200 24 hours a...
June 5th 05 05:54 PM
by wooosh Go to last post
0 227
Virgin - Free broadband modem - Still Free? by Alt Beer
Are Virgin still giving a free broadband modem to new broadband subscribers? In Virgin broadband faq it states "If you don't already have a broadband modem, you might like to buy our Broadband Starter Kit from our partner Thomson" Thanks
June 5th 05 05:27 PM
by Sunil Sood Go to last post
1 365
Belkin Router giving me better results then Netgear? by Dee
I recently switched from Pipex in the UK to PlusNet I was on 512 kb/s and then upgraded by plusnet to 2 mb/s connection Soon after I found the Net Gear DG834G I'd been using since December 2004 started to disconnect a lot, also the problem seemed to have gotten worse and worse with Noise db levels first showing figures of around 9db, then falling to 3db, etc I'd already upgraded to...
June 5th 05 05:15 PM
by Dee Go to last post
0 339
Contacting Plusnet by Martin Underwood
"Patrick Nethercot (ngs)" wrote in message ... How can one email Plusnet? Even as a 'guest' login, the contact page is not available. As I am considering them, it doesn't bode well if I cannot ask a technical question upon which signing with them may depend. http://portal.plus.net.uk/my.html?action=contact_sales...
June 5th 05 04:50 PM
by Martin Underwood Go to last post
0 303
Disconnects by [email protected]
A few days ago I installed a Speedtouch 330 and converted my dial up to ADSL. It all went seamlessly and was up and running in minutes. No problems apart from disconnects whenever I stop using the connection for a few minutes. What's the likely cause? --
June 5th 05 04:16 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 311
Netgear DG834 v2 by Pete.
Anyone have any speed problems with the Netgear DG834 router? Got one the other day, but even when I'm the only computer connected to it I can only get about 30KB/s from the net. When I connect with the BT USB modem it gives me a steady 55kB/s. I have e-mailed Netgear, but they are slow replying. I am on a 512k BT Yahoo DSL line if that makes any difference. Thanks, Pete.
June 5th 05 02:54 PM
by Don Carter Go to last post
6 475
SNR & ATT figures after lightning filter by Phil Thompson
On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 10:27:52 +0100, Nigel Molesworth wrote: Any need to be concerned? plenty of margin left but this "lightning filter" is costing you 5 dB of SNR margin which one day might reduce the max speed you can get. Phil --
June 5th 05 02:36 PM
by Phil Thompson Go to last post
0 249
E-buyer modem router by Joker7
"Tommy" [email protected] wrote in message ... : have just purchased a origo asr 8400 : 4 port sp1 firewall adsl modem router : E-Buyer quick link 48449 : have installed ok but there does not seem to be a firewall : or am i missing something,on the box it says Firewall optional : : Is there something i must setup or been sent the wrong modem : any help...
June 5th 05 02:35 PM
by Ian Stirling Go to last post
5 226
Post New Thread