Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Plusnet Regrade Question by Gareth :-\\\) voom
Hi, Paid Plus 14.99 yesterday to regrade my line from 1Mb to 2Mb as a BT engineer was at our house and confirmed the line conditions would support 2Mb. I only paid 14.99 yesterday and received an email to say 5-7 days to be processed. I noticed this evening that my router speeds have changed from 1Mb to 2272Kbps. So I assume something has been done at my exchange. The only problem is my speed...
June 27th 05 12:29 AM
by Gareth :-\\\) voom Go to last post
2 351
Speedtouch 330/cabling question by Pidgeonpost
Apologies if this has been asked before, but wonder if someone can help with a query on this please. A neighbour has recently signed up to Virgin broadband and the package includes a thomson Speedtouch 330 modem. Connection fails with a 'no dial tone' message, although a continuous dial tone is present. The USB led on modem is solid green, but ADSL led flashes green, which I reckon (from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 26th 05 11:39 PM
by Pidgeonpost Go to last post
12 591
Demon Home 2mb? by Peter P
Seems OK for 19.99 pm, and according to the website, it's unlimited. Can't get hold of their customer services to confirm this (seems doubtful) but does anyone have any direct experience or knowledge please? Quite keen to sign up, but not if ther's some kind of hidden cap or speed restriction. Thanks - Peter
June 26th 05 09:48 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
7 522
2mb Possible by FooAtari
I signed up for 2mb, but my ISP has advised me that BT has said that I can only receive 1mb. I am less than 2k from exchange and their is no problems with the exchange, I want to know if my line attenuation is ok: Showtime Firmware Version: 3.46 Line State: SHOWTIME Modulation: G.dmt Annex Mode: ANNEX_A Startup Attempts: 1 Max Tx Power: -38 dBm/Hz
June 26th 05 09:36 PM
by FooAtari Go to last post
7 314
Broadband routers by Cullen Skink
Do broadband routers have a bb modem built in? Was watching one on ebay and it said you needed a modem as well for the actual internet connection. Is that normal? Can anyone recommend a low cost but decent bb router with modem included? Also I've read connecting it via Ethernet is the best. Does that just mean I stick a network card in the PC and connect the router to that? tia
June 26th 05 09:30 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
8 532
Belkin surge protector worked, sort of. by Real Ale
Well, we had a direct lightening strike on the house this morning, still recovering. Luckily the AGA steel chimneys made a good conductor. Wasn't expecting the phone or adsl to work and sure enough all lines were dead. Amazingly the Belkin had blown but had protected the phones and router in doing so ! So they can be of use, w_tom :), but I'll have to get another one, I'll try claiming on...
June 26th 05 05:44 PM
by Nigel Molesworth Go to last post
5 398
Best ADSL Deal inc phone line by Basil Fawlty
Hi, Friend of mine has no internet access. He's no connected phone line either. There is a physical line into the house, presumably a BT line. He obviously has no use for a phone line for voice calls, so they don't matter. He wants broadband/ADSL. Which is the best way to arrange this? Best way I see is getting the phone line reconnected, paying the cheapest BT line rental possible and then...
June 26th 05 10:48 AM
by Phil Thompson Go to last post
4 315
Wanadoo wireless broadband router incompatibilities???? by Euclid
I am trying to upgrade to an ADSL wireless router connection from the current Wanadoo USB modem with a BT voyager 2100 and a PCI 54g adapter. When I replace the USB modem and connect the Voyager to the line instead, it won't train up - the DSL light just keeps on flashing, but the wireless connection works perfectly. When I test the Voyager in another location with a different ISP it...
June 26th 05 10:26 AM
by Phil Thompson Go to last post
5 286
PlusNet BB+ / F2S 8Mb by SparkysDream
My 12 month contract with pipex is nearly up. I am currently paying 23.44 for 1MB (no cap), but considering that I only use 6 or 7GB a month it is kinda expensive. I am after something with: Monthly contract with no migration fee Reliable 2MB connection Decent speeds for xbox live gaming Half decent newsgroups (binary optional but an advantage) I have been looking at F2S for 19.99 with 10Gb...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
June 25th 05 08:45 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
20 807
test by Ian Holmes
testing
June 25th 05 08:12 PM
by Ian Holmes Go to last post
0 227
plusnet... devil in details? by brownstar
Howdy. I was about thinkin about Plusnet Broadband Plus. I'm waiting on a call from their sales dept but also was lookin for feedback from any existing users re the throttling. ################# http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/broadband_plus.shtml?link=resbb_pluslink
June 25th 05 02:36 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
6 343
Tesco broadband -- puzzling ADSL availability. by David G. Bell
According to the Tesco Broadband signup system (at www.tesco.com), ADSL isn't available at this phone/location. According to BT's checker, accessed from www.adslguide.org.uk, Broadband _is_ available from this line. Tesco, when contacted, gave me a confused explanation involving Datastream, IPStream, and BT Wholesale doing something rather dodgy about providing different ADSL signals. But...
June 25th 05 02:22 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
2 610
Anyone heard about this? by John Scott
Just read this article in another newsgroup and was wondering if anyone here knew anything about it?
June 25th 05 08:08 AM
by Dave Stanton Go to last post
3 359
Plusnet satisfaction by David Bradley
There is no doubt that I have read more about PlusNet on this newsgroup than I would ever wish to know; it almost seems that the entire universe rates this ISP as the best thing since sliced bread. OK some heavy users have been made to jump ship but I also reckon there is a heavy churn rate of other users, whose bandwidth requirements are way below the radar, that have gone to pastures new,...
June 25th 05 02:46 AM
by Martin Go to last post
6 358
ADSL Modem/router/wireless 802.11a? by Tony Mountifield
Does anyone know of an all-in-one ADSL Modem/router/wireless that does 802.11a (5GHz) as well as 11g and 11b? So far I've found b/a/g access points and b/g ADSL routers, but not both in one unit. A Linksys WAG55AG would be ideal, but I don't think it exists (I just made it up according to the rules they seem to use). Cheers
June 24th 05 11:02 PM
by Tony Mountifield Go to last post
0 257
adsl...ntl? by highway
Hi there have a little query Currently have ntl phone line and ntl broadband. I want to make a switch to adsl. my questions 1) is it possible to get adsl on ntl? (i dont think this is true) 2) i disconnect bt, over 2 years ago, but still have the bt line is connected to my property, so if i wanted to enable the line this would not
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 24th 05 07:05 PM
by Taylor Go to last post
11 614
Netgear DG834 in NAT disabled mode by Joe Butler
How does one disable NAT on the Netgear DG834 so that still functions? Specifically, I have this setup: Internet | DG834 ADSL Modem Router (v1.04.01) | FVS318 VPN Firewall Router |
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 24th 05 05:33 PM
by [-=Dan=-] Go to last post
11 2,227
Sorry Should have been in last post! by John Scott
If you're broadband is with Blueyonder and you're out of your 12 months tie-in period, ring them up and tell them that you're thinking of cancelling because Bulldog broadband are offering you a better deal. The chances are that they'll give you a free upgrade like they did for me and half of my office.
June 24th 05 04:59 PM
by Gzl Go to last post
1 15
France Telecom 'planning C&W bid' by {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
France Telecom is preparing a 4bn ($7.3bn; 5.9bn euro) takeover bid for communications giant Cable & Wireless (C&W), the Sunday Telegraph has said. The French firm hopes to consolidate its UK interests, such as mobile phone operator Orange, and merge its internet business Wanadoo with C&W's Bulldog. A tie-up would also give France Telecom greater access to the lucrative parts of the...
June 24th 05 04:44 PM
by Phil Thompson Go to last post
8 410
Why no 2MB on PlusNet here? by John Perry
I have just checked this site with my home phone number: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php and it shows for my phone number Your exchange is enabled for ADSL! There is capacity at your exchange for further ADSL connections. The following level of service is available at your location:
June 24th 05 04:09 PM
by John Perry Go to last post
7 335
Post New Thread