Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
New LLU ISP to offer 24meg broadband by {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
Net users in London are to be offered broadband at speeds up to 24 meg as part of ambitious plans by a new UK ISP. Privately funded Be Unlimited is a new local loop unbundling (LLU) operator that is installing its kit in BT telephone exchanges to provide broadband direct to end users. Full article: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/07/01/broadband_be
July 1st 05 09:24 PM
by Richard Sobey Go to last post
6 704
which is best by Ken Walsh
I`ve just received my starter pack with Force9 broadband (starts 1st July) in it came a Voyager 205 ADSL Router with leads for USB & Ethernet (my computer has both connections) which is best to use?
July 1st 05 06:45 PM
by Kenny Go to last post
4 376
test by Kenny
July 1st 05 06:34 PM
by Kenny Go to last post
0 265
UK Online 2Mbps ADSL by Da Vinci Code
My 12 months with NDO is up in 3 months time... I've been looking at the UK Online 2Mbps ADSL for 20 a month (no capping) and was wondering if anyone else has any better ISP's for the same sort of price? -- Remove " sync " &" privacy " to reply
July 1st 05 01:04 PM
by Dicki Dido Go to last post
2 368
BT Relate 2100 and 1571 by Peter Crosland
I have just got myself one of these and everything works fine with one exception. There is an LED that should illuminate when there is a callminder message waiting. I assume that this is intended to work by detecting the distinctive dial tone. It does not work. Could this be a broadband filtration problem? Any constructive suggestions on how to resolve this apart from getting the phone...
July 1st 05 11:51 AM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
9 594
Computer+Netgear D834G+AOL Broadband+ PCWorld = by Bob .-.-.
Hi All The missing word is MISERY - a friend at work has the above setup for is son. Computer is a Compaq Presario M2000 Laptop and uses (as far as I can make out) Centrino technology (Intel Pro/wireless 2200BG) to link to the router (DG834G - v2)- OR NOT. Situation - Install blue lead & AOL disk - run setup All OK - remove blue lead and he loses the network (I guess that the wireless link is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 1st 05 06:50 AM
by Bob .-.-. Go to last post
11 745
2meg or not 2 meg that is the question?? by Mick
Hi All, I am a little confused. My neighbour (the semi adjoining mine) is using (he says) Bulldog 2meg BB. I am on Zen 1meg BB. Now when Zen reduced their prices recently I requested a re-grade from 1meg to 2meg but apparently my line has failed the BT test. Now both me and my neighbour live in 6 year old houses with all the BT cables running underground and live approx 1.5km (as the crow...
June 30th 05 09:47 PM
by Mick Go to last post
2 331
the wrong kind of Broadband by Gaz
Just tried to apply for broadband, with Tesco.net, the online upgrade wizard claims that broadband is not available in the area. The address is a residential home, of which a number of the residents already have broadband. Thinking, ah, its a new number (a couple of months old) maybe it isnt on the BT database, lets ring Tescos, and see if it can be sorted out there. I must say, I have had to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 30th 05 08:15 PM
by Shez Go to last post
11 829
Belkin 802.11g 54Mb Wireless ADSL router by Gareth Edmondson
Hi Guys, Just after some advice. I have had a Belkin ADSL wireless router here on my desk for about a year running smoothly. Following advice from this group I changed the firmware to that released by SMC Networks. I have noticed over the past few weeks that the router is getting very hot. It still works but the heat coming out of it seems to have increased. On top of that if I leave the...
June 30th 05 08:06 PM
by Captain Kremin Go to last post
3 606
Do you *have* to manually connect with ADSL? by T i m
Hi All, I was talking to a friend who had recently gone to BB with BT over ADSL. They asked if it was right they had to click on the 'Connect' thing every time and I thought not. I typed them through various setting (over MSN) but we couldn't find anything that seemed to automate the process (ie you click on IE and it sparks up the BB)?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
June 30th 05 06:04 PM
by David Bradley Go to last post
21 720
Always-On Mythology by Rob
Why is broadband described as "always-on"? It's as much as always-on as a dialup connection is if you leave the modem powered and don't drop the line. When I power up my computer, I turn on my Netgear router. It connects to my broadband provider and logs on using my username and password. How is that different to a modem connection? OK there's no dialing and I suppose thats a few seconds saved....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 30th 05 04:41 PM
by Richard Boyce Go to last post
86 2,940
2mb upgrade woes - LONG by [email protected]
I live in a small village less them 1km away from the exchange, and have been enjoying 1mb Broadband for since October 2004. Imagine my joy when I heard my ISP (BT YAHOO) were offering free 2mb upgrades for everyone who could get it. Well in March 2005 my line was upgraded and initially I was still downloading at 1mb even though the line said 2mb; I phoned technical support about this... A...
June 30th 05 02:58 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 429
Fax by TREVOR GOODWIN
Does anyone know if is it possible to send a fax from my broadband to someone who does not have internet access but has a fax machine? Thank you, TrevorG
June 30th 05 02:48 PM
by Tiscali Tim Go to last post
2 511
Datastream: Any way to find out if your exchange is enabled for it? by Cullen Skink
If you order a datastream product and the ISP accept the order and you get an activation date does that mean your exchange is datastream enabled? At what point does the ISP know if it is? I only ask as my activation date of 8th June has come and gone with no service yet. Virgin have raised a line fault ticket with BT and I'm waiting for an engineer to call. Just wondered if it is a line fault...
June 30th 05 12:30 PM
by Phil Thompson Go to last post
9 512
Plunset Regrade Very Fast by Gareth :-\\\) voom
I paid Plusnet 14.99 around 48 hours ago to regrade my line to 2Mb and was told 5-7 days. Got up this morning and my line is now running at 2Mb :) and only 14.99 per month. Nice.
June 30th 05 06:29 AM
by David Bradley Go to last post
7 434
Broadband and Dial up. by Donald McTrevor
Is this possible? When mine (brooadband) was installed I was told to delete all my dialup connection entries (against my wishes) however I have added some since, but not used them. Can I use them or will it confuse my computer? Could I just plug in my telephone modem now and dial one up (whilst still connected by my cable modem) or would I have to disconnect the cable modem (which causes...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 30th 05 02:08 AM
by Donald McTrevor Go to last post
16 1,058
Demon or Eclipse by Tx2
As per subject ..... for business use, unlimited. Which has the better service/back-up of the two? I've recently signed someone up to Eclipse, but there was a problem, and it took 'forever' to get through to support. Someone I was talking to on an unrelated matter then told me Demon would have been better ..... Who would you choose?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
June 29th 05 11:30 PM
by Ian Cummings Go to last post
23 928
Plusnet by thinking
Any Download limits on the 2mb Broadband Premier connection ??????
June 29th 05 11:29 PM
by Bill Go to last post
8 429
Surge suppression by McSpreader
A customer suffers failure of broadband connection after a thunderstorm. Diagnosis shows that the ADSL modem (or ADSL modem/router) has failed - presumably due to a surge pulse on the phone line. After replacing the faulty device, customer usually asks "What do I need to avoid a recurrence?" The more readily available and affordable potential solutions appear to be surge protected power...
June 29th 05 08:30 PM
by Bob Eager Go to last post
8 526
Plusnet Broadband Plus question by Peter P
This looks very good value at 14.99 pm, but the downside is contained in the following: "With Broadband Plus you can use any type of Internet services you want. In order to ensure we deliver a high level of service, during busy periods we will give priority to services such as web browsing and email and a lower priority to high usage services such as downloading and file sharing." Can anyone...
June 29th 05 06:33 PM
by poster Go to last post
4 314
Post New Thread