Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Don't feed the troll! by Da Vinci Code
-- Remove " sync " &" privacy " to reply
June 29th 05 02:29 PM
by Da Vinci Code Go to last post
0 363
Anyone got F2S 8Mb yet? by cAm
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has recently subscribed/tried F2S new 8Mb service? Was curious to know if they really provide around 800Kb upspeed? My exchange is listed on their website and it says it would get enabled around August time. So isn't it worth goin for 24.99 on a monthly contract with no activation fees (as i will migrate) and speeds 8Mb up - 768Kb down, and not to mention that...
June 29th 05 09:40 AM
by cAm Go to last post
0 233
New to ADSL broadband, what does 'bitstream' mean? by Horse.trader
Having fairly recently joined NTL (512k) broadband, I was told by a BT engineer that came to remove some RFI filters from my BT line, that, my (broadband) 'connection' in the exchange was 'bitstream' he seems to indicate this was good? My actual connection speed is 2.2mps, but apparently BT cap this to 512k, which is what I pay for, it certainly seems to be lightening fast, mind you,...
June 29th 05 07:08 AM
by Horse.trader Go to last post
7 441
Which is the best ISP + Modem? by [email protected]
hello i am looking to get my internet connection set up at home. i have one PC and one Laptop that need to be connected to the internet so have to get a adls modem/router i am renting so dont want a 12 month contract, i am not sure how much limit i need either! oh yes and cheap, must be cheap! i dont mind having a 512k connection.
June 29th 05 02:11 AM
by Martin² Go to last post
3 306
What info is required for broadband please? by Steve
Hi Folks I am currently with Virgin dial up and considering going to broadband (maybe Virgin,maybe AOL,maybe uk online...) but wondered if anyone in the group could answer a query please?. I mainly use Linux but still have an XP partition (just in case). I change and upgrade to different Linux distros frequently and to get back online I simply enter my user name, password, in and out servers...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 29th 05 02:00 AM
by Martin² Go to last post
12 682
Plusnet - 21 days to cease and re-provide ?? by Tim...
The present account is an " Always on DSL Connect" type account, one of those that only connects at 256k or thereabouts. The user of such would like to pay £1 a month less, and get the full 2Mb speeds now available, opting for one of the newly formed "Plus" accounts. Unfortunately, Plusnet are offering a potential 21 day lead time on such a transfer, and, it seems cannot commit to a...
June 28th 05 11:33 PM
by poster Go to last post
9 609
Lost Connection by Pete S
Hi All I keep loosing my connection to my ISP if i leave the comp idle for some time (1/2 hr ish) and if i open up IE it says server not found. I'm using a Linksys WAG54G to connect and when I check the status it says all is connected. On an aside is there a place where I can define the Pri and sec DNS in the linksys I havn't found one yet. HELP
June 28th 05 11:12 PM
by Pete S Go to last post
2 443
Bargain alert.quick by Baz
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=8414528363&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=50612 I have ordered 10 already Baz
June 28th 05 11:03 PM
by Mike NG Go to last post
6 459
What info does broadband require please? by Steve
Hi Folks I am currently with Virgin dial up and considering going to broadband (maybe Virgin,maybe AOL,maybe uk online...) but wondered if anyone in the group could answer a query please?. I mainly use Linux but still have an XP partition (just in case). I change and upgrade to different Linux distros frequently and to get back online I simply enter my user name, password, in and out servers...
June 28th 05 11:01 PM
by Mark McIntyre Go to last post
1 276
Netgear DG834 by NickNike
From the kind and helpful feedback of a previous question I asked, and after searching the net, I've decided to buy the Netgear DG834 to use as the ADSL modem. I have a second computer I would like to network to the main computer. 1) If I buy the wireless version DG834G, can I connect the main computer using cables only, and then what wireless device would I need for the second computer....
June 28th 05 10:24 PM
by Filthy Rich Go to last post
4 471
Tiscali - Still waiting for the 1MB unlimited upgrade by Tony
In March this year, Tiscali wrote to all their existing '512k unlimited' customers telling them that they were upgrading their existing 512k unlimited customers to 1MB at no extra cost over and above the normal 512k package price, but never mentioned it was a capped service that they were moving them to. This was misleading in my opinion and I don't think they were being up-front about the...
June 28th 05 09:43 PM
by Lenny Nero Go to last post
1 567
Problem with AOL BB since upgrade to 2Mbps by Don Carter
Hi Since AOL upgraded my service to 2Mbps I'm having far more messages saying that the network is not commected, but only for a few seconds, and the Ip address seems to change about 4 or 5 times a day. This is a typical Router log: Sun, 2005-06-26 19:00:01 - Send E-mail Success! Mon, 2005-06-27 06:12:19 - TCP Packet - Source:172.201.203.80,3089
June 28th 05 06:22 PM
by Don Carter Go to last post
2 394
Plusnet Webmail/POP3 Email Access down?? by Bales1983 (Lee Bales)
Hi, Is anyone else having trouble logging into their plusnet email?? On the pop3 i get 'login failed' and on webmail it just defaults back to the webmail login screen. Anyone else got a problem?? Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 28th 05 05:50 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
11 1,414
ALDI ADSL Router by David Wade
Folks, Any one any comments about the above router? Any one tried it. I guess their support in case of "hope and pray" Dave g4ugm
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
June 28th 05 05:38 PM
by thoss Go to last post
23 1,593
ART514CX ADSL Router ??? by Alt Beer
Has anyone heard of a model ART514CX ADSL Router ? Badged Net-Lynx and or Mercury I believe. If so, do you know of a manual / firmware download site ? Thanks
June 28th 05 03:09 PM
by Alt Beer Go to last post
0 378
Earn money with selling ringtones by Teletonio.nl
Hello, We got a good offer for everybody! Earn money with selling ringtones and more. ( 50 eurocent - 300 eurocent ) Go to www.teletonio.nl and enter your email address !
June 28th 05 12:47 AM
by Ian Stirling Go to last post
2 462
Do not trust bulldog broadband/adsl by londoncityslicker
wrote in message ... Cannot contact Bulldog customer service. When I press option 1, says lines are busy and then cuts me off. I'm going to complain to Ofcom and BBC Watchdog about it. I hope other people complain to Ofcom and WD too. Yep. They are still suffering from a huge demand for their customer services.
June 27th 05 11:36 PM
by londoncityslicker Go to last post
0 308
Bulldog 0845 Problem by Fred Finisterre
Hi, Had Bulldog for a few months now with no major problems. Howevwer, there is one 0845 number that gives me "The number you have dialled is not in service". I can call it from my mobile, and used to be able to call it from my BT line. Anybody ever seen anything like this?
June 27th 05 11:12 PM
by Tim Clark Go to last post
1 371
AOL to charge for Customer Sevice Calls. by Rupert
I notice that AOL are shortly to start chargeing for Customer Service Calls.(You will have to ring an 0870 no to contact them). Talk about rip off Joe Public. Presumably as this a change in there T&C you will be able to get out of your contact with them,within 30 days of being notified.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
June 27th 05 11:01 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
26 1,088
Wireless broadband help by kevin
Thanks for the advice. I know what I'm doing now this weekend.. -- kevin
June 27th 05 09:54 PM
by kevin Go to last post
0 202
Post New Thread