Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Netgear DG834 in NAT disabled mode by Joe Butler
How does one disable NAT on the Netgear DG834 so that still functions? Specifically, I have this setup: Internet | DG834 ADSL Modem Router (v1.04.01) | FVS318 VPN Firewall Router |
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 24th 05 04:33 PM
by [-=Dan=-] Go to last post
11 2,208
Sorry Should have been in last post! by John Scott
If you're broadband is with Blueyonder and you're out of your 12 months tie-in period, ring them up and tell them that you're thinking of cancelling because Bulldog broadband are offering you a better deal. The chances are that they'll give you a free upgrade like they did for me and half of my office.
June 24th 05 03:59 PM
by Gøñzølã Go to last post
1 15
France Telecom 'planning C&W bid' by {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
France Telecom is preparing a £4bn ($7.3bn; 5.9bn euro) takeover bid for communications giant Cable & Wireless (C&W), the Sunday Telegraph has said. The French firm hopes to consolidate its UK interests, such as mobile phone operator Orange, and merge its internet business Wanadoo with C&W's Bulldog. A tie-up would also give France Telecom greater access to the lucrative parts of the...
June 24th 05 03:44 PM
by Phil Thompson Go to last post
8 393
Why no 2MB on PlusNet here? by John Perry
I have just checked this site with my home phone number: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php and it shows for my phone number Your exchange is enabled for ADSL! There is capacity at your exchange for further ADSL connections. The following level of service is available at your location:
June 24th 05 03:09 PM
by John Perry Go to last post
7 316
2M upgrade. Dodgy results. Suggestions/ advice pls by Vortex
Hi, My ADSL recently was upgraded from 512k to 2M. I am 6k from the exchange. I use a DSL604+ router. Business Serve is the ISP. At first the connection only worked a minority of the time. Downstream SNR was marginal (never better than 4dB) and when it swung low the connection was lost and the router would not negotiate. When the connection was up it worked very very well.
June 24th 05 02:43 PM
by Phil Thompson Go to last post
5 367
A plus for Plusnet by wooosh
11 months with Plusnet and I have to say they have provided me with excellent service. After watching all the bitching and moaning this past six months I was thinking of jumping ship after my 12 months. When I think of it, I have no reason to leave. Excellent connection. Excellent speeds Good customer service.
June 24th 05 01:32 PM
by John Perry Go to last post
2 296
D-Link DSL-300T modem and connection to Plusnet problem - help please by km
I am familiar with this Newsgroup so am posting here before trying Groups on Plusnet site. Having had successful personal experience of connecting to Broadband I am now at a loss when trying to connect for a Charity I help. A D-Link DSL-300T modem is being used. After connection I will look at setting up a network with a Berkin Router already bought. At this point I just want to establish a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 24th 05 12:53 PM
by km Go to last post
18 842
cheapest Broadband for a couple of days per week.? by Colin
I have Broadband at home with Virgin but I am away for a couple of days per week and would like to have Broadband there as well, not interested in downloads just newsgroup discussions, email and lots of web surfing, probably 4 or 5 hours daily. Any ideas for the cheapest and best packages please? Thanks for all replies.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
June 24th 05 12:24 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
21 711
Wireless point to point link for broadband by Chris
I am too far away from my local exchange to get ADSL but I have found a willing partner who can get broadband and have been looking at the options to link to his service via a wireless link. We have direct line of sight with a distance of 1.5Km. I am looking at Netgear Antenna for the purpose. One snag I have hit is that the line of sight goes straight through national grid high voltage...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 24th 05 12:52 AM
by Martin² Go to last post
11 986
whats best by Ken Walsh
What do you think of this broadband offer at:- www.bestbroadbanddeal.info At the moment I`m with Btopenworld anytime (normal dial-up) deal at £15.99 + a free satellite broadband connection 512kb speed (download only) This is via a works account (I pay the BTOpenworld & get the sat` account free)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 23rd 05 11:03 PM
by Rupert Go to last post
18 1,133
Broadband Recommendation Pls by Eddie
Just junking my telewest line fomr BT so I can get broadband - any recommendations _I'm not going to be into downloading films etc so price is well up the list
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 23rd 05 07:28 PM
by Ken Walsh Go to last post
10 552
Plusnet Problems by J B
I've tried the 'ticket' system, but I'm getting nowhere. :-(( Thursday - BT Engineer removed highway, and enabled BB, said it would probably work at 1MB, but there was a problem with testing Marconi equipment (Is our exchange Marconi?) Friday - Sooty came and 'set me up' with a D Link router. The D link said it was running 64K up and 128K down. That's slow! Rang plusnet, and they said do a...
June 23rd 05 03:51 PM
by PlusNet Support Team Go to last post
7 1,028
Wish I could help this poor woman by Techy Man
Hi Guys, If you know anything about the Crown CDV0127 DVD Player then let me know so I can help her out! http://www.dvdhacks.co.uk/forum/message.asp?id3=6360 Techy
June 23rd 05 03:26 PM
by Tiscali Tim Go to last post
1 296
2wire 1800hg by spanna
If you open up your web browser and type "gateway.2wire.net" withou the "" does it take you to the 2wire menu -- spanna
June 23rd 05 03:01 PM
by spanna Go to last post
0 367
2wire 1800hg by spanna
Thanks -Thats made me a bit more hopeful than I had been I expected to have to do that part anywa -- spanna
June 23rd 05 02:54 PM
by Leper Messiah Go to last post
1 374
BT adsl dropping out - doubler vs splitter and problems with sky box? by [email protected]
got a problem with my BT broadband, and just had a slightly confusing phonecall to their technical support people about it. any tips on this most welcome. got a Netgear wireless router connected to an extension (BT fitted, not DIY) upstairs, and a phone & Sky box connected downstairs to master socket. both extensions have microfilters. 90% of the time my bb is fine, but every couple of days...
June 23rd 05 02:42 PM
by It's Me Go to last post
2 327
Wireless broadband help by kevin
I currently have BT Broadband (which I have had since the earl broadband trials) using a USB Alcatel modem (the frog!) and a bi socket on the wall which a BT engineer replaced my telephone maste socket with (one lead for the phone, one for adsl). The main computer is networked (wired), and the other 2 computer connect to the internet through the main one. I now wish to go wireless and have...
June 23rd 05 02:35 PM
by Happy Hunter Go to last post
3 322
Plusnet line move woes. by pete devlin
I put a mate on plus net a while ago and all has been fine. Until he moved house that is. We did the online number move page but for some reason it kept defaulting back to his original number after the submit instead of the new number. A phone call to support ensured they had the correct number. Just as well because it was recording the wrong number!! Then we find out that the previous...
June 23rd 05 11:47 AM
by PlusNet Support Team Go to last post
6 544
Turned down for ADSL... by Jack Hump'er
.....despite just ending a previous ADSL contract!! Had 512 ADSL with Pipex, but cancelled due to improved offers elsewhere (this was days before Pipex's new pricing structure). Decided to go back with them, based on their new prices but have just received an e-mail stating that my line is unsuitable for ANY ADSL!!! So what WAS it I was connected to for the last 2 years with no problems...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 23rd 05 02:13 AM
by atoa27 Go to last post
10 495
Switching ISP by Mike
Hi, after many years with ClaraNet (dial-up, ISDN and now Broadband) connections, I am moving to a new provider. I've always been very happy with ClaraNet's service, even though they are more expensive than many other ISPs. However, I wish to upgrade from a 512k to a 2mb connection and their 2mb charges are simply stupid. They also want to charge me 50 pounds to upgrade, so I am leaving and...
June 23rd 05 01:42 AM
by Martin² Go to last post
5 622
Post New Thread