Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Plusnet auto upgrade by Richard
I'm on the Premier Account, 512 and my phone exchange was/is being upgraded. If i can get the upgrade to 1mb will it just happen without notification or will the let me know.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 20th 05 05:17 PM
by Tony Hogarty Go to last post
16 543
VOIP handsets - UK retailers by
I really like the firebox usb handset but don't want to wait for it to arrive - does anyone know if there are any UK retailer outlets in the high street where I could buy one from? If not - are there any UK highstreet shops that sell these VOIP handsets? I'd especially love a wireless one... Thanks if any of you know and could tell me : )
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 20th 05 03:09 PM
by Go to last post
13 811
Tiscali broadband wireless by [email protected]
OK, I have read posts and I'm a bit confused. I currently have the normal broadband 1MB from Tiscali. Did not actually realise it was USB until it was too late, otherwise I'd be up and running by now. Q1 - do I really need those filters on every phone point? I have 4 points but only 2 filters, installed at the two phones I use the most. And will I still need them if I go wireless?
June 20th 05 01:55 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
7 457
Reserving copper overlay by douthers
Help, I live on a new housing development which is served by a TPON'd local exchange @ Thornton Cleveleys in Lancashire, meaning I cannot receive a broadband service. My neighbour, a BT engineer, has a working service due to being transferred onto a copper line using an overlay. A work colleague, who lives on the same development has managed to do the same, although he claims he just signed up...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
June 20th 05 12:55 PM
by simmo Go to last post
20 902
OT? Webiste problems? by Da Vinci Code
Hi all... Can anyone else access this website? http://mosthaunted.interoute.com/home.html
June 20th 05 12:21 PM
by Da Vinci Code Go to last post
3 267
New official firmware for the Netgear DG834/G (v 2.10.22) by Sunil Sood
Version 2.10.22 has been released. It appears to be a official release (the first since v1.05.00 which was released in July 2004) and not a beta Details/Downloadable at http://kbserver.netgear.com/release_notes/D102713.asp Regards Sunil
June 20th 05 07:49 AM
by Andy Pandy Go to last post
2 422
Bulldog & Wanadoo to merge? by Cuzman
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24042
June 20th 05 03:15 AM
by Cuzman Go to last post
0 255
Broadband for Students by [email protected]
Hey guys. I'm looking at broadband deals for students for my house next year and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations? It's going to be a 4 person house. So far Virgin Net caught my eye as they offer monthly contracts. What sort of download limit would be reasonable? I can't imagine that there will be much file sharing or online gaming going on, but it would be a pain if we have to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 20th 05 01:19 AM
by Sunil Sood Go to last post
10 479
2mb leased line throughput by stephen
"jas0n" wrote in message ... is a 2mb leased line throughput full duplex so you get 2mb up / 2mb down at saame time or is it if you are using 512k down you only get approx 1.5mb up? WAN links are normally full duplex, esp. at higher speeds (say over 64 Kbps) - otherwise the turnaround time will massively reduce the overall...
June 19th 05 03:43 PM
by stephen Go to last post
0 509
2mb leased line throughput by Peter M
On 19 Jun 2005 00:58, jas0n wrote: is a 2mb leased line throughput full duplex so you get 2mb up / 2mb down at saame time or is it if you are using 512k down you only get approx 1.5mb up? It'd be the same speed in each direction so you could be sending 2000 kbps as well as receiving at that speed (though clearly for acknowledgements to be able to be transmitted there'd...
June 19th 05 11:33 AM
by Peter M Go to last post
0 435
Does speed increase lower Noise DB level? by Dee
I've been having problems since switching from Pipex (who I was with for 3 years) to plusNet once they regraded the line to 2mb/s instead of 512kb/s My Line Attenuation has always been around 53 db and so everyone in other forums said I should be fine for 1mb/s but not 2mb/s so not sure why Plusnet net has upgraded me to 2mb/s line. the Noise level onthe line seems low and the line...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 19th 05 08:23 AM
by Peter M Go to last post
18 641
How do I refresh the Ethernet device entry in XP's Net Connections? by mikeFNB
i must ask why bother? however you asked so....... i would uninstall the rest is auto upon reboot mike
June 19th 05 12:59 AM
by mikeFNB Go to last post
0 258
ADSL Line impedance (was DSL lead pinout) by 317
Are all router modems using the same dsl lead (pins) and if so which carry the 2 wire signal. My stock lead has all 6 wires terminated both end so I can't see. I want to break in to the dsl feed by building an rj11 socket to plug filter and plug this into my router. Much obliged. It uses the middle 2 pins of the 6. --
June 18th 05 11:42 PM
by kraftee Go to last post
4 498
How do I refresh the Ethernet device entry in XP's Net Connections? by Dr Teeth
(1) How do I delete it? Can I just delete the entry in Network Connections or do I need to use uninstall in Device manager? or some other way. Device manager (2) How do I recreate a new entry in Network Connections for my ethernet adapter? Will XP do it automatically whe it next boots? Device manager's toolbar has a button, pressing it will detect 'new'
June 18th 05 10:44 PM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
1 378
harware reset (return to factory defaults) for Q-tec 584AA? by impius
Alex Hunsley Wrote: I'm trying to find out how to do a hardware reset of the Q-tec 584AA ADSL router. There is a very small hole in the front to the right of the lan led's you can just get a paper clip in there , or a pin , whatever ans pres to reset , works for me evrytime. around page 12 of...
June 18th 05 09:59 PM
by impius Go to last post
0 378
Stopping old and starting new BT ADSL contract by Roger
Hi We have a 512k BT ADSL service which was installed early in 2004, for which we pay 65.00 per month. I have enquired from our BT account manager if we can commence a new 2Mbit line at the current price, which is 30.00. He has returned to me saying that it will cost 70.00 to stop the contract and start a new one, even though we're past the mandatory twelve month period.
June 18th 05 08:43 PM
by Gaz Go to last post
7 371
Router advice for P2P by Dr Teeth
My current router, Netgear DG 834 v1, firmware 2.10.17 (beta) seems to choke on prolonged P2P sessions. The d/l speed drops and a quick disconnect/connect gets things back to speed again. Does anybody know of a outer that does not exhibit this behaviour? TIA. -- Cheers,
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 18th 05 01:02 PM
by kraftee Go to last post
13 489
AOL BB... by Kill The Frog
Do you still have to use that crappy browser/email software they use with Dial Up?
June 18th 05 08:47 AM
by kim Go to last post
5 482
Wish me luck.... by Tekguru (Daron Brewood)
Due to migrate from Eclipse to PlusNet tomorrow, will it work okay, will it be actually carried out tomorrow... The tension builds! -- Tekguru (Daron Brewood) MS-MVP/Mobile Devices Webmaster: UKs largest Pocket PC Site http://www.tekguru.co.uk
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 18th 05 08:08 AM
by Tekguru (Daron Brewood) Go to last post
12 522
DSL lead pinout by 317
'cuse me for butting in, but; Are all router modems using the same dsl lead (pins) and if so which carry the 2 wire signal. My stock lead has all 6 wires terminated both end so I can't see. I want to break in to the dsl feed by building an rj11 socket to plug filter and plug this into my router. Much obliged.
June 18th 05 12:18 AM
by Rupert Go to last post
6 1,521
Post New Thread