Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
BBC News mobile website on Three S2 screwed up ... by CJB
I don't use my S2 much now because when I do a top-up Three cancels any unused services (texts, 3-3 calls, Internet) after a mere 45 days. GiggGaff on my Nokia is a miles better service. However my Three mobile dongle ran out of credit so I needed to tether the S2 with an Internet add-on. Then on the train whilst playing around with the S2 (untethered) I tried the BBC News mobile site. This was...
December 21st 12 11:13 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
4 560
Anyone in Scotland on? by alexd
Every ADSL I monitor in Scotland seems to be off. -- http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) ) 09:11:45 up 10 days, 15:57, 7 users, load average: 1.14, 0.97, 0.86 Qua illic est reprehendit, illic est a vindicatum
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
December 18th 12 10:39 PM
by Jim Go to last post
24 1,420
Suspicious message by Harry Bloomfield
This started about 6 months ago, but just affected one particular sender of emails, so I thought it was something at their end - now I am seeing a few other emails marked up similarly.... In the subject line, at the beginning of the line, it will have the following in square brackets - . It arrives from the Tiscali pop server marked in this way, rather than my system marking it this way. If...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 17th 12 05:06 PM
by S Viemeister Go to last post
11 1,625
BT killing off Broadband Talk by R. Mark Clayton
Is this so that if you get your broadband from another provider they can't give you a Voip phone to make all your calls on and take call revenue from BT? -- R. Mark Clayton remove nospa for email
December 14th 12 06:54 AM
by Phil Reynolds Go to last post
7 553
Upload speed degrading faster than download speed? by chris
Hi all, I noticed this weekend that my upload speed degrades worse over wi-fi than my d/load speed. e.g. downstairs the speeds were measured (via speedtest.net) as ~10Mbps down and ~0.09Mbps up over wifi. Where upstairs when connected via ethernet I get ~12Mbps down and ~0.3Mbps up. Anyone any idea why the upload speeds are so much worse downstairs? BTW I'm on ADSL2+ with plusnet. TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
December 13th 12 04:26 PM
by Plusnet Support Team Go to last post
22 2,348
TP-LINK setup..TD-W8951NB by The Natural Philosopher
Am I alone in thinking that if you are a dumb twit, and you just do the standard things, the TP-LINK routers are actually good. But if you try and use any of the advanced features its so buggy that its a miracle if you can get it to do anything? I have rebooted it 5 times reset it to factory defaults, had it fail to respond to pings or be accessible via web interface, tried to save and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
December 7th 12 10:23 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
20 2,490
Cable broadband/tv without phone by Chris Hills
I have had contracts with virgin and telewest in the past, and it is *still* cheaper to get broadband and tv *with* a phone line compared to without. Not only that, if you do not get a phone line, you have to pay an additional 49.95 one-off fee. What is the reasoning behind this? Also, you cannot get the smallest 50-channel package using the "Build your own bundle" tool . It is only available...
December 5th 12 09:27 PM
by alexd Go to last post
3 946
How long to wait for Noise margin and BRAS to reset.. by The Natural Philosopher
Had a purple patch of connectivity, eventually the router died completely. New one is p0liumbed in but I've lost the decent BRAS and noise margin..how long does it take to reset? I am not sure I want to bother IDnet AGAIN... -- Ineptocracy
December 5th 12 09:28 AM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
7 776
10 days and counting to fix fault by Justin C
On Friday 9th November I notified BT of a fault. While I still have a network connection the download speed is lousy, I'm getting about 56K on what should be at least 2MB. It'd been that way for a while, I thought a router re-boot might fix it, but no. Checking with my ISP (Andrews Arnold) I found some diagnostic tools on their site, ran them and they reported a fault on my line. So I telephone...
December 4th 12 03:44 PM
by Mark Go to last post
7 602
Flakey ADSL connection by Justin C
I had terrible download speed (less than dial-up) and finally decided to do something about it about two weeks ago. Using diagnostic tools on my ISP's site a fault was found which i reported to BT (my phone service provider). BT fixed the fault but my broadband speed didn't increase. I went back to my ISP and was asked to try the router in the master socket, with a different cable and different...
December 3rd 12 06:30 PM
by Mike Tomlinson Go to last post
2 637
Never mind 4G, look what Wifi interference has done.. by The Natural Philosopher
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11/21/wi_fi_knockout/ -- Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
December 2nd 12 01:14 AM
by Phil W Lee Go to last post
20 1,612
who is that...?!! by BV BV
who is that...?!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIADfS030qg&feature=BFa&list=PLB95C1C59E12FBA96 thank you
November 30th 12 11:59 AM
by BV BV Go to last post
0 597
Orange Scams Broadband Users - (sorry for repost) by CJB
Customers furious as Orange axe free broadband deal Orange backtracks on free broadband axe - but only if customers complain Many Orange customers took out a mobile contract after being promised that the deal would include free broadband Orange is facing a revolt from hundreds of customers furious at the phone giant's decision to axe a promise of free broadband midway
November 27th 12 09:00 PM
by alexd Go to last post
9 1,676
Ping Bob Pullen by PeterL
Hi Bob We went 'live' with Plusnet fibre on Friday. There were a few of things that troubled me about the installation (didn't flow in accordance the PN handbook) but, fortunately, we somehow muddled past those. What bothers me now though, is that the actual speed of the service is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below Plusnet's prediction; we get around 22Mb down (against 33Mb) and 1Mb up...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
November 26th 12 07:54 AM
by Phil Go to last post
26 2,610
O2 POP from Tiscali by Harry Bloomfield
My ISP at home is Tiscali and I use Outlook for email, to and from Tiscali. I use PAYG O2 and out of curiosity set up an O2 email account with my mobile O2 number, then set Outlook up on my home PC to use the O2 account. A test email was sent and received back successfully via the O2 account, since when Outlook has not been able to log into the account. What am I missing?
November 25th 12 08:56 PM
by alexd Go to last post
6 700
Orange blocking NNTP? by Biggles
I have an Orange broadband account, which normally shows about 7.5Mb/s at the router and returns about 6.5Mb/s on speedtest. I have had a news account with Eternal September for a couple of years now and speed has been OK, but for the past couple of months or so the response from Eternal September has been awful, with frequent time outs. A couple of times recently I have (initially by...
November 25th 12 07:07 AM
by Phil W Lee Go to last post
4 693
Loss of Freeview Channels with 4G Mobile by CJB
Is this really an issue - that many (all?) Freeview Channels will suffer from severe interference with the new frequencies allocated to 4G mobile services? I hear that millions of Londoners will be especially affected if receiving Freeview from Crystal Palace transmitters / masts. This is crazy. I thought that analogue t.v. was switched off to provide frequencies for 4G, but it seems that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 22nd 12 01:52 AM
by Java Jive Go to last post
118 3,880
Rural Broadband by Martin Brown
Hi! We have a local problem with demand for CN20 ADSL2 outstripping the capacity of the physical lines into the village which means that every time someone signs up two grannies get DACS'd to free a real copper circuit. The disturbance to old wiring is taking its toll. This has been true for a while, but the contortions that BT are going through now to install new ADSL subscribers...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 21st 12 08:17 PM
by Andy Champ Go to last post
83 3,713
Vodafone - if you don't make enough calls then you'll get cut off by CJB
Then Vodaphone will not only reallocate your no. to another customer, but you will also lose all credit on that no. Other mobile telcos have similar T&Cs. Frankly this is out right theft - but then the whole mobile industry is riddled with such scams and fraud. Anyway see: http://www.lovemoney.com/news/household-bills/mobile-phones/18212/vodafone-dont-make-enough-calls-cut-off So if you have a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
November 16th 12 12:14 PM
by kraftee Go to last post
27 2,065
Is the Vodafone Account Access working? by Anthony R. Gold
Can anyone log in to their Vodafone online accounts? I am reaching strange Oracle screens and don't know if the problem is at the VF server or my own browser or Java software. My prepaid broadband accounts are working fine but I will need web access for topups.
November 15th 12 05:57 PM
by Anthony R. Gold Go to last post
2 534
Post New Thread