Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
BT Homehub 2 any use? by Harry Bloomfield
I have been given a BT Homehub 2, but I am on Tiscali. I have a modem router in use and a couple of spares should that one fail, but is the BT unit any use at all to me, would it work with Tiscali? -- Regards, Harry (M1BYT) (L) http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
May 16th 12 12:13 AM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
26 1,588
question -PO engineer visit to 'connect' broadband & phone? by Harry Davis
Hi, I recently signed up for the Post Office's Broadband and Home Phone Extra service, for a house I haven't moved into yet. I was very surprised to hear that a PO engineer visited the house today, found no-one in, and knocked on a neighbour's door to ask how he could get in to the property. She happened to have a set of keys, assumed he was legitimate, and let him in.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
May 12th 12 11:41 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
25 1,384
O2 rout no instructions by Terry Pinnell
A friend with no computer know-how has O2 broadband. It failed a couple of days ago. After finally getting through to their phone support she was sent a new router. But it came with no instructions. Before I volunteer to drive over and try to help get it set up for her ageing lap top I'm curious to know if that absence of any documentation is common? Is there a routine installation procedure for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
May 12th 12 09:09 AM
by Dave Go to last post
11 693
BT Home Hub 3.0B Giving Limited Wireless Access by Stephen Ward
I'm the account holder for a BT Broadband service with the router BT Home Hub 3.0B. Say I want to give limited wireless access to a couple of housemates, can I do this with this router? I want to maintain full speed (or as close to it as possible) for myself while allowing them limited bandwidth. I can't see a way in the router settings of achieving this. Thanks.
May 10th 12 11:17 AM
by www.GymRatZ.co.uk Go to last post
4 505
Wi-Fi "Bubble" mobile broadband dongle things by www.GymRatZ.co.uk
So, these mini Wi-Fi Bubble type dongles from the likes of Orange etc that enable you to connect multiple devices wirelessly to the same "dongle" - I have a few questions. Does the "dongle" act as a stand alone device i.e. operational without PC etc? Can it be plugged into a mains USB charger type thing and left connected (powered up) How big does the "bubble" extend in open ground and inside...
May 9th 12 08:50 PM
by Mark Go to last post
5 532
Difference between cheap and expensive ADSL Modem Routers by stephen
Why did the cheap modem I got from BT seem to work better than the 109 Netgear N300 I bought to replace it? The BT router was much easier to setup, seemed to provide faster internet access, didn't buffer iPlayer at all while the NG does frequently, and the NG has more flashing lights than the USS Enterprise, including a big stupid bright blue light on the top!!
May 8th 12 09:30 PM
by kraftee Go to last post
9 424
BT Broadband: why now two boxes? by Allan
Sister had her BT broadband "upgraded", Where previously she had one BT Home Hub 2, she now has two boxes: a BT Home Hub 3 AND a Huawei HG612 EchoLife What's the purpose of having 2 boxes, or why the additional Huawei? Sorry: probably a fairly dumb question. TIA Allan
May 8th 12 02:08 PM
by John Go to last post
2 539
Pirate Bay blocked by Virgin by Adam
I see The Pirate Bay is now blocked for Virgin users. What is interesting is that it's not done by DNS as expected but by IP address. So the workaround of using an alternative DNS provider such as OpenDNS won't work. Anyone who wants to use TBP will need to use a proxy.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 7th 12 12:40 PM
by Dave Saville Go to last post
54 1,837
No ADSL Sync - Have I checked everything? by WCZ
Hello, I moved house recently and broadband was supposed to be installed this week. When I moved in I connected up a router and got an 8Mbps sync back to the exchange. I asked my broadband supplier to move the service to the new house and kept switching on the router once a day to find out when it went live. A couple of days ago the router stopped syncing to the exchange. I thought this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
May 4th 12 10:25 AM
by Mark Go to last post
22 970
Disconnecting ringer wire question by Tim Downie
If your ADSL router/modem is plugged directly into the master socket (via appropriate filter) and all other extensions are then supplied by the same filter (i.e. no phones in the system connected before the modem), is there still any advantage to disconnecting the ringer wire? Tim
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 2nd 12 03:51 AM
by Windmill Go to last post
45 1,805
Zen Fibre gets the Infiniti2 almost right away. by www.GymRatZ.co.uk
Yesterday I downgraded my Zen Fibre Office Pro account due to significantly increasing (doubling) all package download allowances and increasing cheaper packages to 10Mbps upstream from 2 (saving me around 30 a month) I mentioned Infiniti-2 to lady on the phone and she couldn't tell me anything more just that it would be available sometime. Today I received an e-mail: "Dear Customer
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 1st 12 11:18 PM
by kraftee Go to last post
36 1,711
Beware Chinese Bluesoleil Bluetooth Scam by CJB
In my search for a USB bluetooth device to transfer photos from my Nokia C1 phone (with BT) to my Acer Notebook (sans BT), it was recommended here and elsewhere that I could purchase a BT dongle for about a 1 from Poundshop (or whatever). Well they didn't have any so I went to eBay instead - and there were loads listed ranging from 1.50 to 5.00'ish. I bought one from Plusbee at 1.70 (post...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
April 30th 12 11:05 PM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
16 1,431
Up to 390 TalkTalk jobs face axe by Jon
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/24/talktalk_closes_northampton_jobs TalkTalk going down the ****ter ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
April 29th 12 03:49 PM
by George Weston Go to last post
10 704
A different Disconnecting Ringer wire question by Davey
Although I don't appear to have any known signal problems, I have often wondered about this ringer wire removal. My house has, (not by my design), the following arrangement: Incoming fairly new BT wire, replacing the old that is still attached to the barge boards, comes in to old-style junction box, the rounded-cover type, located in the mud-room. This was at some stage then run, by BT I assume,...
April 24th 12 07:59 PM
by Peter Able Go to last post
3 361
Talk Talk by Allan
Intersting battle with Talk Talk on " Don't get done get Dom" this morning 19th April. Worth a look on Iplayer. Al
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
April 24th 12 07:51 AM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
17 1,106
ping Bob Pullen by Graham J
Customer has Plusnet ADSL, lost connection 13:02 yesterday. Router shows good ADSL sync but: IP address = 172.16.x.y - changes every time it connects Default gateway = 81.146.183.3 DSN server = 194.74.65.98 Web browser suggests that connection between BT wholesale and ISP is down.
April 22nd 12 10:14 PM
by Andy Burns Go to last post
7 742
Will a fax machine work via voip? by Davey
On Mon, 02 Apr 2012 00:22:03 +0100 John wrote: On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 23:31:27 +0100, John wrote: All in one phone/fax machine. If you switch to voip and use it through an ATA, will the fax machine still work? Sorry, just realised posted in wrong group.
April 17th 12 10:00 PM
by hugh Go to last post
3 479
ISP heaven by The Natural Philosopher
I just thought you would all like to know that I have not called or contacted my ISP in 210 days and that my line has been synching quite reliably at about the best speed I could expect,has not been throttled in any way, nor do I have reason to believe it is being deep packet probed, nor has there been any detectable congestion at peak times, and my service as been entirely...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
April 17th 12 08:50 PM
by Nick Leverton Go to last post
20 1,176
Plusnet hell by Zzaaarathustra
Does anyone know if there's any way to talk to anyone at Plusnet. I know they have a no-talk policy, and a clever system designed to stop anyone from using their telephone number from actually speaking to a live person. But I'm wondering if there is a secret to getting through to someone. I know this is a mad dream like World Peace, but I have to dream (and I need to talk to someone about...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
April 15th 12 03:38 PM
by Peter Go to last post
20 2,049
Pluscom AWR-7200 router - help with settings by John
I have just set this up for my nephew after doing a router reset. I am pretty certain that when I set this up last year I changed the default log in to something different, but i can't see how to change it again. The default is admin and admin which I would like to change. I've googled for it but haven't come up with anything. -- John
April 13th 12 11:24 PM
by John Go to last post
0 427
Post New Thread