Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Great Service from Plusnet yet again by James
I posted about a speed problem I was having, on the Plusnet Forum at 9.23 this morning Within 24 minutes at 9.47 a member of the Plusnet staff posted to say they'd done the necessary tweaking to my connection and had restored my speed Which they had.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 25th 12 11:11 AM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
97 2,242
strange connection problem by Martin Smith
One of my clients, a small organisation, decided, without consulting me, to change their ISP to save money, they were previously with BT for many years with no problems, they are now with a company called onebillnet. These people supplied a speedtouch modem which I was minded just to bin and carry on using the netgear which we had been using previously. Unfortunately the netgear, a DGN1000...
June 24th 12 09:11 PM
by DrTeeth Go to last post
9 436
"Disappointing" speeds by Bob
Moved over to BT Infinity Option 2 about 4 weeks ago, after being given a quoted speed estimate of 38.6Mbps, which was borne out by the first week's sped test results. But after a couple of weeks, speeds yoyo'd, dropping down to 9Mbps and have now stabilised at around 30-31Mbps. Now, I do recognise that this is still way faster than I was enjoying with my previous supplier. However, it's...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
June 18th 12 11:17 PM
by brightside S9 Go to last post
27 1,332
BT blocking my pop3 server by tigger
Anybody know who to contact at BT to get my own server added to the allowed SMTP domain list? They are blocking my own mail server and my Bt IP address is now on the PBL...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
June 17th 12 10:40 PM
by Peter Go to last post
27 1,380
BT Business Broadband FUP by Allan Mac
HI does anybody know at what actual GB download the 'unlimited' package starts to snarl at you. The T & Cs are very vague. Thanks Al.
June 12th 12 06:35 PM
by Allan Mac Go to last post
0 393
10-30 with VM by Chris Hills
Virgin Media's cheapest cable broadband offering is now 30Mbs. I am an existing customer still on 10Mbs, with a docsis 2 router capable of at least 50Mbs. Has anyone been able to get VM to upgrade them in the middle of a contract?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 12th 12 11:44 AM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
13 830
OT - Outlook 2007 resend emails? by Harry Bloomfield
Sorry, could not find a more suitable active group... Due to someone else's PC crashing and loosing lots of attached documents, I have a need to resend him around a hundred emails of various content size. Yes I know I can highlight all of them, click Forward and they will be all then copied into one email, but some of the individual emails are already almost 10Mb and 10Mb is the limit on...
June 9th 12 10:41 PM
by Harry Bloomfield Go to last post
5 456
Scum Thieves Cut off Skye by CJB
More details ... http://www.scotsman.com/news/attempted-theft-cuts-phone-lines-1-2345418 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-18365150 http://news.stv.tv/highlands-islands/105279-residents-cut-off-as-telephone-services-go-down-in-six-villages/ The idiots thought that they were nicking copper cables but they were optical fibre!!
June 9th 12 12:15 AM
by Davey Go to last post
1 406
any special steps when using N-connectors outdoors? by jkn
Hi There hopefully this isn't too off-topic. I am setting up a outdoor wifi antenna, and am running a cable back inside the building to connect to the access point. The cable will have an N-type screw connector at the antenna end, and an SMA connector at the other. I am familiar with crimping up connectors of varying types - N-type, BNC, etc., but only for indoor cables. I haven't been able...
June 8th 12 09:35 PM
by alexd Go to last post
6 755
Tiscali mail server issues yesterday by Harry Bloomfield
I don't know if anyone else was affected, but the Tiscali mail server seemed to have a bit of an issue yesterday starting just after midnight. Lots of mail was held up it was acting rather strange, some mail took two hours to pass through their server. All other services were working fine. -- Regards,
June 8th 12 01:36 PM
by Harry Bloomfield Go to last post
0 588
can't load bbc.co.uk through opendns by stephen
Anyone else using OpenDNS? I usually can't get to bbc.co.uk without closing and reopening my browser (Safari). Anyone know why this should be? I can ping the url but can't get to it in my browser. The url resolves to 212.58.244.71 if that means anything. *
June 7th 12 10:05 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
2 403
BT Openreach no show by Enrie Membership
Briefly I wanted to re-grade my ADSL service to a Fibre product so I instructed my ISP to go ahead with the re-grade. This process involves a visit from a BT Openreach engineer who requires assess to the premises to install equipment so a date was arranged for this to be done. I was informed that if I was not available on the appointment date and
June 5th 12 10:38 PM
by alexd Go to last post
2 522
Skype to Giffgaff (UK mobile no.) = expensive by CJB
WOW!!!! I've just made a call on my Notebook at the South Bank (free wifi) using Skype credit to a local Giffgaff no. Skype charged me 1.50 for a mere 4 minutes!!!! Since MS took over Skype the costs have rocketed - and the quality is a dreadful as ever. Are there cheaper ways of calling via VOIP from a Notebook on wifi to a UK mobile no.?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 5th 12 08:40 PM
by Graham. Go to last post
16 1,002
First Class Service from Plusnet by James
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank both Bob Pullen and Joanne for so speedily fixing my problem with the Internet username. Which was changed to the correct username (mine) within the hour. Thanks again. James ....
June 4th 12 10:22 PM
by hugh Go to last post
6 484
Ordering New Line Specifically for FTTC by Chris
I want to order a new line at my place of work, specifically for FTTC. We already have ADSL but checks on this line and other copper lines we have say that FTTC is not available. So do checks on the postcode (we are a school and have our own postcode). Checks on lines at nearby premises are positive so I presume our lines are routed via the 'wrong' cabinet which has not been enabled for...
June 3rd 12 05:45 PM
by rousseau Go to last post
6 406
Top Band and Routers by nick
We've recently been upgraded to ADSL2+ by BT. Whilst we get a decent improvement in download speeds, a mere sniff of RF on top band and the router loses sync and disconnects. It's a Draytek 2800G. Not surprising since this is in-band interference to an ADSL2+ router. Tried filtering the mains and a common mode filter on the line. No change. Setting the modem to G.DMT fixes it but at the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 2nd 12 08:02 PM
by kraftee Go to last post
17 1,121
I don't want to go to Chelsea by alexd
If you didn't already have a reason not to live there, then here's another: http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2012/05/bt-withdraw-from-superfast- broadband-rollout-in-kensington-and-chelsea.html Although if you can afford property there then I suppose a few K a year for FTTP isn't much of a hardship. -- http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
June 1st 12 05:09 PM
by George Weston Go to last post
4 406
Three - Price changes (most consumer contracts before 8th March) by CJB
On May 28, 2:35*am, "Steve Terry" wrote: CJB wrote: Three - Price changes (most consumer contracts before 8th March) Options From 16 July 2012, we're increasing the monthly charge to phone and Mobile Broadband contracts that were set up before 8 March 2012. If you joined Three on or after 8 March 2012, or you're on a 1-month SIM Only, Business or...
May 31st 12 09:00 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
1 411
Redcare + ADSL by Graham.
I visited some premises yesterday where there was a newly installed line that really is for ADSL use only, use of the PSTN side is discouraged even for incoming calls. As can be seen here, http://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/7307697844/in/photostream/lightbox/ Redcare is in use on this line, this should not have happened as the line is managed by a third party, not the customer. It appears to...
May 31st 12 04:06 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
1 526
Using a Secondhand(new) Plusnet Thomson router by James
I'm a customer of Plusnet and up until recently was using a Voyager modem, which being a light user was quite satisfactory for my purposes. Two weeks ago I bought a new Thomson router on eBay from another Plusnet customer. I've only just realised that despite never having been used
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
May 31st 12 03:21 PM
by Flop Go to last post
24 1,823