Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
T-Mobile 3G WiFi limits and consequences (fair use policy) etc by www.GymRatZ.co.uk
Hi folks.. In a vaguely broadband/telecom theme hopefully some one can enlighten me through their own experience... My old Palm Treo finally died so I'm looking at these new fangled "smart" phones... Previously on Orange PAYG but since the Everything Everywhere Orange/T-Mobile merger started looking at T-Mobile plans. From what I can see, their cheapest offering is a 250Mb "basic"...
August 7th 12 04:00 AM
by Mike Tomlinson Go to last post
5 1,085
Suitable provider by Woody
My F-in-L in his late 80's has suddenly decided he would like broadband (he has dial up but rarely uses it because it takes too long to set up.) A low limit - 10Gb or less - would be more than enough. His current BT phone bill is about £90/qtr calls plus rental as he is only on Option He rarely calls mobiles. Can anyone give me ideas on who might be a suitable supplier for an ADSL service...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 6th 12 06:07 PM
by allegoricus Go to last post
42 2,320
Bit OT for Kraftee by m
Hi Mr K I know this is better suited to uk.telecomm but you hang around here so sorry to others. A question as I go back to days of Stowger and final selectors/linefinders etc. Mates we look after phones/internet have suddenly got problems. The "non clearing the line after a call" cured by trashing the expensive Onetel
July 30th 12 06:28 PM
by Jono Go to last post
5 576
Teaching "Baptism" 9-20-93 by mcinn
This Teaching says, "Because Baptism was not given before the time of Our Lord, does not mean that those who lived before Christ, and did not receive the Sacrament of Baptism, could not enter the Kingdom of Heaven." TEACHING DELIVERED THROUGH FRANCES M. KLUG ON SEPTEMBER 20,1993 “BAPTISM”
July 29th 12 10:55 PM
by mcinn Go to last post
0 430
Netgear and DGTeam by Harry Bloomfield
I have three Netgear DG834G modems, a V2, V3 and V5. I have installed DGTeam firmware on the V2 and the V3 and I am trying to find the SNR setting in the routers browser interface, but cannot find it. I read a suggestion that it should be under the Advanced ADSL settings, but all that is there is a Modulation mode setting. Can anyone advise where the SNR settings ought to be please? I fancy...
July 29th 12 09:41 PM
by Hamster Go to last post
5 1,689
Virgin Media DNS by WendyBurger
Has anyone had any joy setting their own dns server on virgin media? I have an account with OpenDNS and I'd like to be able to monitor and log network traffic, OpenDNS offer really good parental settings meaning every computer connected to my home network has the same parental configuration, they also block anonymous surfing sites like HMA etc. It's very annoying that they stop you from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 29th 12 11:46 AM
by Roger Go to last post
14 1,522
Olympics by Timmy
Can we expect a noticeable slow down on the Interweb from Friday?
July 28th 12 12:34 PM
by Andy Burns Go to last post
6 460
Technicolor TG582n or Netgear DG834GT by Dean Jackson
I have been using a Netgear DG834GT Router for around six years. Now with o2 I have been given a Technicolor TG582n. Which is the best one to use? Dean J.
July 28th 12 12:48 AM
by DrTeeth Go to last post
4 1,083
How to detect remote snooping? by Peter
I have come across some things that suggest that perhaps a specific individual has remote access to my home or office PC. We run Kaspersky AV, are behind a NAT router, don't use M$ Outlook for email and don't use IE for www. The email prog is Agent which doesn't execute (or display) HTML; only plain text. I am not talking about a standard "commercial" type virus, of the sort one might download...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
July 27th 12 10:02 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
29 1,391
Scam internet banking users... by CJB
This from another forum: If your mobile phone suddenly stops working with the error "Sim registration failure" or similar and it is the number associated with your internet banking account check what's happening on your bank account. My mobile was barred last Friday at 10:44 am after someone phoned Vodafone to report it missing. By 11:09 some lowlife ba$tard had extracted almost £3k from my...
July 26th 12 08:36 PM
by alexd Go to last post
9 621
Free BT Webspace - Shut Down Warning by Dan
Challenge it now before it's too late and/or backup your website. Google any of the following, some of which are on the search engines, many many websites are going down! including my own : - ( www.btinternet.com/~ ..btinternet.co.uk ..users.btopenworld.com Most will be linked to their old BT dial-up accounts.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 23rd 12 08:45 PM
by DrTeeth Go to last post
16 1,218
House move by Peter
I've just booked a house move with BT - move my telephone & broadband service that is, not move my house! I wanted the move done on the 30th or 31st of July, but have been told that the earliest date available is the 16 th August. Apparently the reasons for such a late date is due to the weather and the olympics. Whan I asked what the olympics had to do with the installation of a
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 19th 12 11:57 PM
by Dean Jackson Go to last post
13 646
Mobile Internet by David
I'm out and about a bit and have a O2 dongle for my laptop, I often buy a month pay as you go and always have credit left. I loose this at the end of the the month. (The O2 home page when I connect says I can use BT Open Zone free but BT ask me for money when I'm in one.) I'm thinking of a change but are they all a rip off with the loosing your credit at the end of a period? Regards David
July 19th 12 10:47 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
8 684
Bit OT about Onetel boxes and broadband etc by m
I know this is a bit OT but someone here may be able to help me so have sent this here and UK.Telecomm Looking for help/advice! Have to go help friend who was originally with Onetel to get the cheap calls - especially overseas. As I understand it, the little white "Onetel" box in circuit was the carrier pre-select box when the system had to dial a prefix to access Onetel via BT line....
July 19th 12 11:08 AM
by m Go to last post
0 285
BT Vision by Peter
While placing my order to move telephone & broadband service from what will be my old address to my new address, BT tried to sell me BT Vision. Not interested at the moment, but may go for it in the future. I did ask if it was possible to have more than one BT Vision box and was told no, it isn't possible. Can't think why a second (or more) box shouldn't work - anyone got any ideas? --
July 19th 12 10:21 AM
by Brian Mc Go to last post
6 471
VirginMedia upgrades by Dave
I've been wondering about getting a SuperHub on the basis that it'll give me a speed upgrade. I've seen mention that it can be put into a dumb mode so I can do a like-for-like replacement into my existing system. Does anyone have practical experience of doing this? -- Dave Too many gadgets, too little time.
July 18th 12 09:23 PM
by Stephen Go to last post
3 247
any broadband supplier recommendations pls? by Moonraker
I am with IDNet, while they are excellent, and solve any problems rapidly I am hoping to find one cheaper, but still reliable. I am looking for broadband plus telephone with free weekend and evening calls. Any suggestions please? TIA -- Residing on low ground in North Staffordshire
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
July 18th 12 09:10 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
21 837
Gigabit cable routers with good firewall/routing rules by GS
We're looking to replace a BT Hub3 with another cable router (for FTTC) as we want 4 Gigabit ports instead of the Hub3's stupid 1 x gigabit + 3 x 100Mb ports, and I was wondering if Zyxel (e.g. Zyxel NBG4615) were any good since they seem to be half the price of Netgear. One thing I need is to set up specific port forwarding rules which are dependent on the remote IP address so that only...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 13th 12 12:30 AM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
12 648
Setting up G.DMT on Netgear by Jack Rabbitt
Hi All, I have been advised by my ISP to set my ADSL mode on my router to G.DMT. Not so easy as it sounds? I am using a DT834GT Neargear router - era 2006, and I cannot find the setting for this. Under the router setup settings , i only have
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
July 12th 12 01:58 PM
by Andrew Benham Go to last post
29 997
Plusnet - Just Plusnet by [email protected]
I noted several threads on this NG in June 2012 with headers along the lines of "great service from Plusnet" or "**** service from Plusnet" I'm a Plusnet customer and follwing this incident let me say, I'm not about to demand my MAC code as a result of it, and I'll be staying with them. This is however my account of an ADSL fail and the time period in which it was fixed. Plusnet have a 0800...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 11th 12 08:46 AM
by Mark Go to last post
62 1,578