Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Massive Merger of Orange and T-Mobile to Everywhere by [email protected]
Everything Everywhere Gets Ofcom OK For 4G Another mobile phone rip-off in the making?? Everything Everywhere will launch 4G in a rebrand that will see the end of the Orange and T-Mobile brands, Sky sources say. http://news.sky.com/story/975163/everything-everywhere-gets-ofcom-ok-for-4g The company that owns Orange and T-Mobile will launch superfast mobile
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
August 25th 12 07:11 PM
by Jon Pitts Go to last post
19 1,698
What price aluminium? by Flop
My ISP estimates that my Download speed should be 47.7Mbps and Upload as 10.9Mbps. In practice I achieve 27Mbps and 6Mbps. An Outreach engineer visited to check the disparity. No obvious faults in my equipment or exchange to cabinet or cabinet to house. His summary was that from the cabinet (600m) to the house, it was aluminium wire and this would explain the lower speeds.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 22nd 12 08:43 PM
by kraftee Go to last post
39 1,909
BT infinity by Bertrand Zidler
Here are my first impressions after 3 weeks using bt infinity (FTTC) option 2. 1) The package It does not include much, apart from the connection to the Internet, and the hardware with a modem and a wifi router. No web space, no Usenet server that any other ISP would automatically include. Of course you can buy some web space for a few quids (or even use a free web server), and also access a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 22nd 12 07:38 PM
by Plusnet Support Team Go to last post
55 2,845
Problems with ntlworld outgoing mail anyone? by Woody
Any of you out there with a ntlworld.com e-mail account using smtp.ntlworld.com as the outgoing mail server and having problems sending? I am using the same settings I have used for at least two years and I am getting an almost total failure rate - then all of a sudden the mail will go, and this is across any one of five e-mail addresses. The helpdesk said I should be sending mail...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
August 17th 12 08:16 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
13 2,403
Wi-fi on Car Ferry by David
Was on Stena Lagan from Birkenhead to Belfast this week, was surprised at the good coverage of the recently installed Wi-fi , received of course in the public areas but much to my surprise in our cabin. Thought the metal construction of a ship would limit it. One stays in hotels and can't get coverage in bed rooms. Regards David
August 16th 12 05:39 PM
by Graham. Go to last post
2 441
Streaming Radio by allegoricus
Can anyone explain why with our Internet Radio (a Roberts Stream 83 connecting via WiFi, although I don't think that's particularly relevant) we have persistent problems with Radio 2? All too often there are interruptions in the stream - sometimes brief, other times of long enough duration to be considered lost - but connecting to other BBC stations (or stations on the other side of the world)...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 14th 12 09:23 PM
by alexd Go to last post
58 2,947
Download Limits and 'Fair' Usage Policies by David Hume
I expect that this has been discussed somewhere, but I haven't found an answer. Why are we being subjected to download limits and fair usage policies? Is there any genuine technical reason for it, or is it just a way for ISPs to make more money? The infrastructure should be getting cheaper, but prices seem to be going up. I am getting about 6 Mbit band width, and the only way I can improve...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 12th 12 09:24 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
70 2,583
Frequent internet disconnections by Woody
You would be better to ask this at uk.telecom.broadband where you will get good help from people who really do understand what they are talking about. I have taken the liberty of cross-posting it for you. -- Woody harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
August 9th 12 09:08 PM
by kraftee Go to last post
14 1,005
T-Mobile 3G WiFi limits and consequences (fair use policy) etc by www.GymRatZ.co.uk
Hi folks.. In a vaguely broadband/telecom theme hopefully some one can enlighten me through their own experience... My old Palm Treo finally died so I'm looking at these new fangled "smart" phones... Previously on Orange PAYG but since the Everything Everywhere Orange/T-Mobile merger started looking at T-Mobile plans. From what I can see, their cheapest offering is a 250Mb "basic"...
August 7th 12 04:00 AM
by Mike Tomlinson Go to last post
5 1,093
Suitable provider by Woody
My F-in-L in his late 80's has suddenly decided he would like broadband (he has dial up but rarely uses it because it takes too long to set up.) A low limit - 10Gb or less - would be more than enough. His current BT phone bill is about £90/qtr calls plus rental as he is only on Option He rarely calls mobiles. Can anyone give me ideas on who might be a suitable supplier for an ADSL service...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 6th 12 06:07 PM
by allegoricus Go to last post
42 2,375
Bit OT for Kraftee by m
Hi Mr K I know this is better suited to uk.telecomm but you hang around here so sorry to others. A question as I go back to days of Stowger and final selectors/linefinders etc. Mates we look after phones/internet have suddenly got problems. The "non clearing the line after a call" cured by trashing the expensive Onetel
July 30th 12 06:28 PM
by Jono Go to last post
5 588
Teaching "Baptism" 9-20-93 by mcinn
This Teaching says, "Because Baptism was not given before the time of Our Lord, does not mean that those who lived before Christ, and did not receive the Sacrament of Baptism, could not enter the Kingdom of Heaven." TEACHING DELIVERED THROUGH FRANCES M. KLUG ON SEPTEMBER 20,1993 “BAPTISM”
July 29th 12 10:55 PM
by mcinn Go to last post
0 439
Netgear and DGTeam by Harry Bloomfield
I have three Netgear DG834G modems, a V2, V3 and V5. I have installed DGTeam firmware on the V2 and the V3 and I am trying to find the SNR setting in the routers browser interface, but cannot find it. I read a suggestion that it should be under the Advanced ADSL settings, but all that is there is a Modulation mode setting. Can anyone advise where the SNR settings ought to be please? I fancy...
July 29th 12 09:41 PM
by Hamster Go to last post
5 1,701
Virgin Media DNS by WendyBurger
Has anyone had any joy setting their own dns server on virgin media? I have an account with OpenDNS and I'd like to be able to monitor and log network traffic, OpenDNS offer really good parental settings meaning every computer connected to my home network has the same parental configuration, they also block anonymous surfing sites like HMA etc. It's very annoying that they stop you from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 29th 12 11:46 AM
by Roger Go to last post
14 1,543
Olympics by Timmy
Can we expect a noticeable slow down on the Interweb from Friday?
July 28th 12 12:34 PM
by Andy Burns Go to last post
6 469
Technicolor TG582n or Netgear DG834GT by Dean Jackson
I have been using a Netgear DG834GT Router for around six years. Now with o2 I have been given a Technicolor TG582n. Which is the best one to use? Dean J.
July 28th 12 12:48 AM
by DrTeeth Go to last post
4 1,100
How to detect remote snooping? by Peter
I have come across some things that suggest that perhaps a specific individual has remote access to my home or office PC. We run Kaspersky AV, are behind a NAT router, don't use M$ Outlook for email and don't use IE for www. The email prog is Agent which doesn't execute (or display) HTML; only plain text. I am not talking about a standard "commercial" type virus, of the sort one might download...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
July 27th 12 10:02 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
29 1,427
Scam internet banking users... by CJB
This from another forum: If your mobile phone suddenly stops working with the error "Sim registration failure" or similar and it is the number associated with your internet banking account check what's happening on your bank account. My mobile was barred last Friday at 10:44 am after someone phoned Vodafone to report it missing. By 11:09 some lowlife ba$tard had extracted almost £3k from my...
July 26th 12 08:36 PM
by alexd Go to last post
9 636
Free BT Webspace - Shut Down Warning by Dan
Challenge it now before it's too late and/or backup your website. Google any of the following, some of which are on the search engines, many many websites are going down! including my own : - ( www.btinternet.com/~ ..btinternet.co.uk ..users.btopenworld.com Most will be linked to their old BT dial-up accounts.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 23rd 12 08:45 PM
by DrTeeth Go to last post
16 1,238
House move by Peter
I've just booked a house move with BT - move my telephone & broadband service that is, not move my house! I wanted the move done on the 30th or 31st of July, but have been told that the earliest date available is the 16 th August. Apparently the reasons for such a late date is due to the weather and the olympics. Whan I asked what the olympics had to do with the installation of a
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 19th 12 11:57 PM
by Dean Jackson Go to last post
13 665