Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
DHCP reservation with VMDG280 by Chris Hills
Hi I have a virgin media router, and I have heard somebody mention that for some reason you cannot create a dhcp reservation for a mac address starting with anything except '00'. That sounds a bit fanciful, but it's the best explanation I have heard yet. I have tried posting on their forum but I have not yet had a reply. Can anyone shed any light on this?
Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
December 15th 11 09:28 PM
by Graham. Go to last post
2 888
Gaps in tones on ADSL router - question by Mike Tomlinson
I'm currently using a BT Voyager 2110 router, picked up at a car boot sale for 50p. This is quite configurable and works with the DMT utility: http://dmt.mhilfe.de/ Out of the box, the modem synced at ~13500 kbps. I've been experimenting with the telnet interface and the adslctl command to eke a bit more out of it, working to get a target SNR of 3.1dB. Any lower and
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
December 15th 11 09:02 AM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
22 1,176
Changes to BT BRAS rates by River Tarnell
The ISP Andrews & Arnold just posted this status message regarding the way BT handle BRAS rates: In short, rather than arbitrarily restricting the download speed of ADSL lines (sometimes losing up to 1Mbps compared to the sync speed), the download speed will be the same as the sync speed, and won't take days to fix itself after the...
Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
December 14th 11 10:04 PM
by alexd Go to last post
8 648
Anyone having problems with Google? by Deux
I've noticed lately that when I search for something on Google I'll get redirected to the US version a couple of seconds after seeing the search results I want to see. e.g. on Google Product search I search for something and see some prices in GBP, then suddenly it will redirect to the US version and I see prices in dollars. I can usually go back by changing the URL. Or if I search for an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 13th 11 07:14 PM
by Adrian C Go to last post
19 854
Easyspace hosting any issues? by The Natural Philosopher
I need a virtual server and easyspace seems to fulfil the requirements on paper.... Anyone know of any reason NOT to use em?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
December 13th 11 12:39 PM
by Andrew Chapman Go to last post
10 1,001
Where are you from ? by killoyan
Where are you from ? Just wondering, who on the forum
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
December 12th 11 02:20 PM
by www.GymRatZ.co.uk Go to last post
15 918
New upcoming group by sa mm
Hi!! A group of energetic young lads have started developing apps for mobiles. Soon they will start launching their apps on their website http://www.apps0.com/ Keep looking at this space for more updates. Thanks mm
Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
December 11th 11 01:03 AM
by Graham. Go to last post
3 657
FTTC by David
Sam Knows says "FTTC status: RFS date set : 01/12/2011" for my exchange. We now passed that what usually happens? Eg do BT offer FTTC to people, maybe own customers first etc. Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
December 8th 11 02:22 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
85 2,553
GMail POP Access by Mark Carver
Appears to be dead ? I'm not alone http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=24d7a27e34cd7f27&hl=en Anyone else ? -- Mark
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 7th 11 10:40 PM
by Victor Delta Go to last post
11 654
Facebook Emoticons by RaseFluisee
Hello, I'm new to www.broadbandbanter.co.uk. I heard from somebody i always may possibly be shown a ton listed here as well as also produce a innovative companion and also a pair of associates. When you are looking to get then message me =)
Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
December 7th 11 06:07 PM
by RaseFluisee Go to last post
0 322
1Mb broadband by Deux
I have Virgin National which is an ADSL service. The speed I get is just over 1Mb (around 130KB/s). I've spoken to Virgin to ask them to upgrade me but they said I was already on something stupidly high like 10MB. They suggested it might be the distance from the exchange. I live in a fairly new (house built 10 years ago) area in an urban area. A friend who lives in a different part of down...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
December 7th 11 05:09 PM
by Mark Go to last post
20 668
Advice wanted from "super kraftee" by m
Hi Mr superhelpful Kraftee Just been trying to help out a neighbour suffering from multiple disconnections (BT internet subscriber)that has been the same for ages and he is now finally fed up with it. His line loss is about 35dB but s/n was only about 3 to 4dB. Kitz says distance by road is about 3Km - which is quite a long way from Isleworth Exchange as the cable route is probably that way...
December 7th 11 05:02 PM
by Mark Go to last post
7 360
a great day today by glininik
What kind of mood you wake up ?
December 7th 11 12:12 AM
by glininik Go to last post
0 351
Problems reaching websites by Pete
Anyone else having problems with the internet today - it's like wading through treacle here. Pages are taking 20 - 30 seconds to load, some even timing out, so maybe some sort of DNS issue? Done a couple of speed tests which came back as normal for me, again perhaps pointing to DNS in some way?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 6th 11 09:25 PM
by Toby Go to last post
11 497
"Managed wireless network" = 50,000 by Peter
My son's school newsletter says they need to spend 30k to 50k for the above. What on earth could this be? Surely it is a load of wifi access points, wired up to an ethernet router, etc. I wonder whether the school is being massively ripped off.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
December 6th 11 08:01 PM
by Peter Go to last post
21 590
Mapping BT cabinets ? by Andrew Benham
A few months ago, as part of my general grumble about being on the only one of the 4 BT exchanges which serve my general area which doesn't currently offer FTTC, I decided to find and map the local BT PCP cabinets. This just served to rub my nose in it further, as I'm not fed from the geographically closest cabinets (they're on 2 of the other exchanges). Anyway, like Topsy the mapping has just...
Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
December 5th 11 04:39 AM
by RohiskReics Go to last post
5 1,091
DOS attack logged by Netgear router DG836G by brightside S9
From 19/11/11 at 1610 gmt to 20/11/11 at 0250 gmt my router denial of service every **10** minutes, +/- 1 second.. *** During these 10 hrs no PC was powered on, but the router is powered on 24/7 *** Here is one log entry, all others are the same except date/time:- UDP Packet - Source:121.165.117.62,5191
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 4th 11 05:07 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
37 1,761
How risky is it to have a web server on the internal LAN? by Peter
Take the case of a typical ADSL modem+router, doing NAT for the internal LAN, and you get a little extra subnet of IPs from the ISP and bring that subnet through the router to the internal LAN, where a web server is set up to respond to one of the extra IPs. There is no DMZ - this is all done with just one router e.g. one of the better Drayteks. So the internal LAN has some machines on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
December 3rd 11 05:20 AM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
52 1,264
Virgin Media, now known as WibblyWobblyInternet by WendyBurger
Anyone else having problems with these clowns these last few weeks? 3rd time this week that their internet has gone down, sick of dealing with far away foreign call centres, who once they find out it's a mac, cold transfer me through to another call centre who want to charge me, to connect to my computer and "Look around the file system" I can't connect on a mac, on a macbook, on a windows 7...
December 2nd 11 11:59 PM
by Dave Wade Go to last post
7 239
F1 on Sky in 2012 by Peter
I note from the adverts running in the press today that F1 will be broadcast on a dedicated Sky sports channel in 2012 - Sky Sports F1 I am about to move house and plan to ditch Sky and possibly go for BT Vision. This gives me the option of taking Sky Sports1 for 12.30 per month. The adverts Sky are running state that the new channel, Sky Sports F1, will be available foc for Sky Sports 1 & 2...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
November 30th 11 11:48 AM
by Brian Mc Go to last post
14 563