Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
adsl 2+ speed ? by Ghostrecon
Unexpectedly got a notification that we are being upgraded to adsl 2+ currently get 8Meg - about 0.6km from exchange, anybody in a similar position give me an idea of adsl2+ speed if we upgrade thanks in advance -- (•.(*•. .•*).•) .••. Nik .••. (.•(.•* *•.)•.)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 22nd 11 08:00 PM
by alexd Go to last post
19 774
Router that allows NAT and NO NAT on different ports by Ghostrecon
Hi Folks I currently have a broadband modem/router and 5 other routers and wonder if its possible to replace some of them to reduce energy costs .... Currently I have 5 ususable i/p addresses a netgear dg834v4 acts as a dchp server to handout these out to 4 xboxes (no combination of dmz or any other setting allowed No Nat connections to xbox live for these) and a NETGEAR WGR614v10 which acts...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 22nd 11 06:37 PM
by Andrew Benham Go to last post
14 721
Sam Knows Whitebox by Graham.
http://www.samknows.eu/index.php/en/guides/installation Anyone (else) applied for one? -- Graham. %Profound_observation%
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 22nd 11 02:51 PM
by Theo Markettos Go to last post
32 2,224
Strange behavior of laptop on hotel Wi-fi by David
behavior Just returned from Spain my hotel had Wi-fi coverage and free of charge. At the one I used when using the Widows 7 Control Panel - Networks It would ask for a User Name and a Password. Using my O2 Connection Manager it asked me for the Security Key as it was supposed to. Anyone any idea of my W7 failure? There were lots of people in the coverage area using the mobile phone devices...
October 22nd 11 01:37 PM
by David Go to last post
0 301
Zen as telephone supplier? by Davey
I am considering changing to Zen, who is already my ISP, for my 'phone service. Are there any experiences, good or bad, with their 'phone service? -- Davey.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 21st 11 01:10 PM
by Davey Go to last post
13 879
Tesco BB & Line rental by Daniallo
Has anyone got any recent experience of them I can't find much out there. My O2 BB deal & BT Line rental saver periods are almost over so I'm shopping around. You have to take their line rental at 11.75 to get the BB which is 8 for unlimited giggers, up to 20Mb connection. Whilst the line rental is not that competetive, there are 4 months free & I can pay the BB with clubcard vouchers,...
October 19th 11 08:35 PM
by kraftee Go to last post
6 400
Fritz box 7270 OR Draytek 2830VN by Dave
Simple question really I'm thinking of a new router to replace my Draytek 2600VG and looking at either a Fritz box 7270 or a Draytek 2830Vn both have similar features, they Draytek has the option of a 3G dongle but much the same Any ideas ? Dave.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 18th 11 03:02 PM
by Peter Go to last post
15 670
A different ADSL2+ speed question by Dave
Having just been switched over to ADSL2+ I was just wondering how long before I actually see the speed increase? I happened to be online the other day when Firefox said that it couldn't open the web page so I glanced at the router lights and found that both DSL and Internet lights had gone out. About 5 minutes later everything came back up. Previous to that the details had been: DSL Mode:...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
October 18th 11 12:30 PM
by Mike Tomlinson Go to last post
26 904
Microfilter question by Scott
Last night I was asked by a friend if an extra microfilter on the phone socket would improve the broadband speed. I checked and there is a microfilter at the master socket, feeding the router and the lead running to the extension socket. There is no phone on the master socket. That means the extension socket has a microfilter, albeit at the master socket. The question I was asked was: would...
October 17th 11 03:49 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
3 296
Outages by Jon
If it wasn't bad enough with the pikeys stealing BT's copper cable, Virgin have suffered problems with their fibre being scoffed by rats up in Jockland. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/10/12/dirty_rat_downs_virgin/
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 17th 11 10:01 AM
by Jon Go to last post
18 561
WBC date set - worth getting new router? by Mark Lewis
Our exchange has a WBC date set for 31/12/2011. Is it worth upgrading my ADSL1 router, Draytek Vigor 2600Plus, to one that supports ADSL2+ eg DrayTek Vigor 2830n: http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopSearch.asp?CategoryID=407&Sort=1 Current line stats: DS Actual Rate: 4032000 bps
October 14th 11 04:03 PM
by Plusnet Support Team Go to last post
7 506
Sonicwall TZ100 and Ipad SSL VPN - does it work? by Peter
Sonicwall do not reply to questions, except via their forum and the access to that is done using a product serial number ;) Their FAQ says http://www.sonicwall.com/us/support/2213.html?Browser=firefox+7.0.1&FormURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sonicwall.com%2Fus%2Fsupport.html&keyword=ipad+vpn Overview / Scenario: User will connect to the SonicWALL SSL-VPN portal from IPad and tries to launch bookmarks...
October 13th 11 11:12 PM
by alexd Go to last post
2 1,075
Crap broadband speeds in an area of average speeds by Hugo Nebula
Is there any possibility of getting Openreach or anyone else to have a good look at why broadband speeds in a specific area are lower than the adjoining areas? I live on an estate that was built around 1998-2000, and my broadband speed is ~2.5Meg with ADSL+, ADSL2 or ADSLMax (not sure which). A speed checker says that vanilla ADSL for my address is around 1Meg. If you plug in the addresses of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 13th 11 02:56 PM
by Mike Tomlinson Go to last post
42 1,348
BT Infinity modem position by Hugo Nebula
I'm looking at BTs Faster Broadband (NOT Infinity, 'cos my line's crap and can only manage 7Mb with FTTC). In the set up speil, they say they will 'install' (i.e., plug in) a new modem/router, and that it has to be located at the master socket. Is this genuine, or can it be located to an extension socket (after the BT engineer has gone)? My current set up has my router, printer and NAS in a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
October 13th 11 12:41 AM
by Barry Oakley Go to last post
20 1,101
Why would adsl setup change from ppoa to ppoe? by Tired
Just came across a Tesco.net adsl (not llu) account. Account functioned for years on a zyxel router with standard settings PPOA, vc mux 0 38, with adsl user name and password. Over the last few days connection was lost (indicated by red light on router), adsl sync maintained, but unable to authenticate. Tried a different router, same issue. Decided to try PPOE, LLC 0 38 on the alternative...
October 13th 11 12:15 AM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
7 331
Best ISP & TV providers by Joe Gold
Best ISP & TV providers : 1- Sky TV is pretty cool but for Internet it sucks as Sky has to suck and lick BT balls and begg on their knees for telephone & broadband connection for their customers :-(( so depending on BT's bully mood & mode they may hook up Sky customers or may not. 2- Virgin media is pretty cool for TV and internet, but on occasions sky may cutoff service to Virgin media...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 10th 11 01:55 PM
by Andy Burns Go to last post
15 662
Which ISP for FTTC ? by Andrew Benham
My exchange has just been enabled for FTTC :-) I'm currently getting my ADSL2+ from Be (with a sync speed of 5Mb/s and thus a typical download speed of 4Mb/s), and the ISP FTTC speed checkers are estimating 12Mb/s download speed. With a difference like that, I don't think I can afford not to upgrade. Looking at Be's blog (http://blog.bethere.co.uk/2011/09/update-on-fibre.html) their timescales...
October 10th 11 12:10 PM
by Andrew Benham Go to last post
6 557
BT outage by Stephen Wolstenholme
Does the outage at one of BT major exchanges only course trouble for BT users? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15154020 Steve -- Neural network software applications, help and support.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
October 7th 11 08:46 PM
by Woody Go to last post
27 1,271
FTTC and ADSL Max speed by Gareth
A nearby street cabinet has had some FTTC upgrade work carried out although the service is not yet live. I've notice in the past few weeks since the work was carried out that my ADSL connection has been more stable - the modem reported noise margin has increased from about 2 or 3 to 8. The line attenuation has stayed the same but my connection has been more stable. The longest connection so...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
October 6th 11 10:20 AM
by Mark Go to last post
23 1,028
Faster Total Broadband ? by Andrew Benham
BT's retail broadband checker is now offering me "Faster Total Broadband" (a fibre product). Is this something different from BT Infinity ? The checker invites me to choose a package, and on the page that follows there's no mention of Faster Total Broadband.
October 5th 11 11:50 PM
by Andrew Benham Go to last post
1 392
Post New Thread