Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Lost broadband but no news by Terry Pinnell
Yesterday 22nd May at around 0800 I lost my BT Broadband connection. Restarting my router didn't fix it so (on my smartphone) I looked for a network status report at sites like http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status But I found nothing relevant. I then joined friends for the day, several of whom from areas such as East Grinstead, Forest Row and Crowborough had all lost their...
May 25th 12 12:05 AM
by Steve Hayes Go to last post
9 513
123-reg and webfusion appear to be tits up by The Natural Philosopher
in case people are running into 'could no resolve' type web failures. Of course,. you cant even email the support people, because the email don't work ether. And the phone isn't being replied to. I think it may be time to deal directly with NOMINET. Last time this happened they were down for days.
May 24th 12 02:53 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
5 432
NewSat provides effective and reliable VSAT Services across the globe by Jeremy Dale Thompson
NewSat’s VSAT services connect customers in some of the world’s most remote regions and provide multiple solutions to their communication needs. NewSat’s VSAT services can be deployed almost anywhere, making them ideal for business continuity and connectivity in remote, hard to reach locations or temporary sites. Learn more on how you can connect and communicate with NewSat:...
May 24th 12 08:29 AM
by Jeremy Dale Thompson Go to last post
0 325
very slow connection yet high SNR by Gordon Freeman
Over the last few days my ADSL router has been connecting slower and slower each day, basically halving each day - I used to get 2-3 Mbit, then at the weekend I got 1152kbit on Saturday, 512K on Sunday and now 288Kbit on Monday. But the SNR has gone up and up! Since there doesn't seem to be a problem with line quality, I wonder could it be that my router is failing? was: d/s SNR: 9.3dB, u/s...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
May 23rd 12 02:13 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
12 664
Mobile Phone Access by Geoff Lane
Anyone managed to get mobile phone access to a broadband network. Having recently got a SonyEricsson Z600 I thought this was an option but a posting to a 'mobile' newsgroup brought a number of replies saying this is not possible and one saying he had done it (Not full details yet). Realistically this is not a 'must have' option but there are a few facilities on mobiles that are useful but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
May 22nd 12 03:10 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
10 1,239
Recommend a vanilla ADSL2+ modem? by Simon Rowe
Our exchange is finally due to be upgraded so I'm looking to retire my long-serving Speedtouch frog. I'm looking for a reliable ADSL2+ modem sans wireless & firewall, it will plug straight into my Linux server. There seem to be a number of low-end single port modems, I guess I'm looking for something like my old ADSLNation modem that gave out the PPP config via a DCHP lease and bridged all...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 22nd 12 08:30 AM
by Andy Burns Go to last post
39 2,340
mail servers at 123-reg by Graham J
The servers pop.123-reg.co.uk and smtp.123-reg.co.uk seem very unreliable this morning - has anybody else noticed? No problem seeing other mail servers - mail.demon.co.uk for example. -- Graham J
May 21st 12 03:01 PM
by 123regonline Go to last post
3 3,743
Three sucks credit in account dry in 15 minutes... by Jeremy Nicoll - news posts
CJB wrote: Wrong? Bl**dy MS decided to download 80MB worth of data for 18 security upgrades - without warning me first. I have never in my life had any MS updates downloaded "by MS". They get downloaded & then installed when I go to the Windows Update website and select them. I update my least-used machine first, and check that it will reboot and that
May 18th 12 11:40 PM
by Davey Go to last post
5 506
Three sucks credit in account dry in 15 minutes... by Theo Markettos
In uk.telecom.mobile CJB wrote: used up and then Three started sucking away my remaining credit of about £4.76. I got about 15MB for this. Then the whole connection ground to a halt. And as I have complained to them so many times in the past - Three FAILED to send me any warning text messages. And even checking the remaining allowance(s) is useless because...
May 18th 12 04:59 PM
by Jake Go to last post
1 420
infinity questions by nospam
I am thinking of getting infinity and have a couple of questions. Is it possible to replace the provided kit with a single unit such as the Draytek 2750? If I did this, would I get complaints from BT? Also, any one know if bt or the plusnet product is more throttled? I note that the bt product is slightly more expensive but they claim it
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 18th 12 10:20 AM
by Mark Go to last post
38 3,258
Onetel e mail servers down again & webmail by Gel
One tel inbound e mails not been working properly since Thursday; we can send but not receive. Onetel webmail down too; don't Talk Talk realise this? There's no service status on OneTel's www anymore; must affect a lot of people.
May 16th 12 11:26 AM
by fred Go to last post
3 742
BT Homehub 2 any use? by Harry Bloomfield
I have been given a BT Homehub 2, but I am on Tiscali. I have a modem router in use and a couple of spares should that one fail, but is the BT unit any use at all to me, would it work with Tiscali? -- Regards, Harry (M1BYT) (L) http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
May 16th 12 12:13 AM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
26 1,612
question -PO engineer visit to 'connect' broadband & phone? by Harry Davis
Hi, I recently signed up for the Post Office's Broadband and Home Phone Extra service, for a house I haven't moved into yet. I was very surprised to hear that a PO engineer visited the house today, found no-one in, and knocked on a neighbour's door to ask how he could get in to the property. She happened to have a set of keys, assumed he was legitimate, and let him in.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
May 12th 12 11:41 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
25 1,447
O2 rout no instructions by Terry Pinnell
A friend with no computer know-how has O2 broadband. It failed a couple of days ago. After finally getting through to their phone support she was sent a new router. But it came with no instructions. Before I volunteer to drive over and try to help get it set up for her ageing lap top I'm curious to know if that absence of any documentation is common? Is there a routine installation procedure for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
May 12th 12 09:09 AM
by Dave Go to last post
11 711
BT Home Hub 3.0B Giving Limited Wireless Access by Stephen Ward
I'm the account holder for a BT Broadband service with the router BT Home Hub 3.0B. Say I want to give limited wireless access to a couple of housemates, can I do this with this router? I want to maintain full speed (or as close to it as possible) for myself while allowing them limited bandwidth. I can't see a way in the router settings of achieving this. Thanks.
May 10th 12 11:17 AM
by www.GymRatZ.co.uk Go to last post
4 548
Wi-Fi "Bubble" mobile broadband dongle things by www.GymRatZ.co.uk
So, these mini Wi-Fi Bubble type dongles from the likes of Orange etc that enable you to connect multiple devices wirelessly to the same "dongle" - I have a few questions. Does the "dongle" act as a stand alone device i.e. operational without PC etc? Can it be plugged into a mains USB charger type thing and left connected (powered up) How big does the "bubble" extend in open ground and inside...
May 9th 12 08:50 PM
by Mark Go to last post
5 547
Difference between cheap and expensive ADSL Modem Routers by stephen
Why did the cheap modem I got from BT seem to work better than the £109 Netgear N300 I bought to replace it? The BT router was much easier to setup, seemed to provide faster internet access, didn't buffer iPlayer at all while the NG does frequently, and the NG has more flashing lights than the USS Enterprise, including a big stupid bright blue light on the top!!
May 8th 12 09:30 PM
by kraftee Go to last post
9 429
BT Broadband: why now two boxes? by Allan
Sister had her BT broadband "upgraded", Where previously she had one BT Home Hub 2, she now has two boxes: a BT Home Hub 3 AND a Huawei HG612 EchoLife What's the purpose of having 2 boxes, or why the additional Huawei? Sorry: probably a fairly dumb question. TIA Allan
May 8th 12 02:08 PM
by John Go to last post
2 549
Pirate Bay blocked by Virgin by Adam
I see The Pirate Bay is now blocked for Virgin users. What is interesting is that it's not done by DNS as expected but by IP address. So the workaround of using an alternative DNS provider such as OpenDNS won't work. Anyone who wants to use TBP will need to use a proxy.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 7th 12 12:40 PM
by Dave Saville Go to last post
54 1,871
No ADSL Sync - Have I checked everything? by WCZ
Hello, I moved house recently and broadband was supposed to be installed this week. When I moved in I connected up a router and got an 8Mbps sync back to the exchange. I asked my broadband supplier to move the service to the new house and kept switching on the router once a day to find out when it went live. A couple of days ago the router stopped syncing to the exchange. I thought this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
May 4th 12 10:25 AM
by Mark Go to last post
22 990