Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Router recommendations please ??? by Craig Henry
Hi, I am due to be getting a ADSL connection in August and am looking in to routers. I have a 3com 100baset switch linked to a network of machines with cat 5 cable and 3com 9015c's. I will be signing up with plusnet.
July 7th 03 10:16 AM
by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631 Go to last post
3 746
ADSL Line keeps dropping on a fax transmission by Graham
On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 19:08:43 +0100, Les Desser wrote: A client has recently installed ADSL on their fax line. However, whenever a fax is sent or received the ADSL line drops. Using a DG814. Suspecting a faulty filter, they installed a BT ADSL master socket from Clarity - still the same. They have now tried a different fax machine and still the same.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 7th 03 09:20 AM
by Les Desser Go to last post
12 1,085
Metro Net - pay as you go DSL by rw
I too am interested in Metronet, as are some friends. I emailed them as follows, and they replied (very quickly i might add). Just thought you mighy be interested. Any comments? Hello, Myself and several friends are very interested in your PayGoDSL service. We wondered how you are able to sustain such a service when BT charge ISPs 15 per month for an ADSL service. Obviously, we don't want to...
July 7th 03 04:35 AM
by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631 Go to last post
8 678
Experiement : hardware survey by Andy Jenkins
Hi all, I've just setup a very quick survey at http://shorl.com/benadrulykete which asks a couple of questions about what broadband hardware is being used by users, what ISP, what OS etc etc etc. I would like to see the results from what users are actually using, and when sufficient data is in the database, I will release a querying page where you could filter down on any of the fields and see...
July 7th 03 01:05 AM
by Michael Swift Go to last post
7 704
Splitter Advice :) by g00se
Bought an Ebuyer cheapy 1.99 filter on the off chance it might be okay - it is awful! Horrific buzz on the telephone line and the DSL keeps dropping out when it is connected through it. Please could I have recommendations of a splitter that works? The ones that Pipex sent to my parents house when I set their adsl up are perfect, but I can't find the manufacturer of them. Line Attenuation 38.9dB...
July 7th 03 12:52 AM
by MARKG7MVO Go to last post
5 738
Any recommendations for broadband for business users. by Robert Woolley
On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 00:38:53 GMT, "Paul" wrote: "Fred" wrote in message ... Most ISPs insist on differentiating between private and business customers and charge 3 times as much. A basic ADSL service is all I require. Nildram at www.getadsl.co.uk are an excellent choice and don't mind...
July 7th 03 12:21 AM
by Robert Woolley Go to last post
0 513
Router Lockup by [email protected]
On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 17:28:45 +0100, Chris Buckley wrote: I am pretty sure i know what is causing this. P2P apps open up hundreds, sometimes THOUSANDS, of ports. Your router just wont be able to handle that sort of traffic if you are NAT'ed. Turn off NAT and all should be ok. Thanks Chris,
July 7th 03 12:08 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 464
Equipment Survey by Andy Jenkins
Hey all, OK .. the response so far (and its only been about 2 hours) has been outstanding .. near 100 replies so far (and silly me put an email alert on for each submission too .. oh dear ) Still ... thanks to everyone who has taken the time to fill in the details. Wether this shows a friendly willingness to take part in my strange experiement or a desire for users to actually see...
July 6th 03 11:53 PM
by Martin Cooper Go to last post
3 603
Just a quick question.......... by Shaun McCann
My exchange is being activated next week but I have seen something mentioned about a "ready for service" date. Does this mean that once my exchange is activated it is ready for service or is there normally a period of time between it's activation and it's being ready for service? Cheers, Shaun.
July 6th 03 11:19 PM
by Shaun McCann Go to last post
1 624
Ready for service date? by Craig L
Hi. My local exchange (Risca, Gwent) has been given a Ready For Service date of July 16th. Does this mean that I can actually have broadband on the 16th or is that the date the BT engineers go in and start? If so how long will it normally take to fit the ADSL gear? TIA. Cheers.
July 6th 03 06:29 PM
by Craig L Go to last post
3 725
D-Link DSL-504 by Urban Bettag
Hi! I had several times problems to get my router working with Clara.Net. First, I had the Zoom X3 and then I bought a D-Link DSL-504 (a router listed/recommended on their web site). Initially the Zoom X3 worked fine without any problems, but suddenly the connection was dropped after a while (it varried from 3 to 30 minutes). I then decided to change the router and bought a D-Link router.
July 6th 03 05:57 PM
by Urban Bettag Go to last post
2 751
'extended reach' ADSL trials by Michael Chare
Have the 'extended reach' ADSL trials started? If so, can anyone report their experience. BT start accepting applications from ISPs on 9th July. Michael Chare
July 6th 03 05:49 PM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
0 556
router by PJJ
looking @ origo ASR 8400 any good ? all coments app thanks in advance
July 6th 03 05:15 PM
by Martin Cooper Go to last post
1 655
bt mail on v21 by Pete
Hello can I pick up my old bt mail account through my V21 account?
July 6th 03 02:59 PM
by Colin Wilson Go to last post
1 721
Can anyone help? Telewest Broadband availablility by EK Driver
My situation is, Telewest cable is available to my street, but only up to the house in front of mine, BT has no plan to upgrade our exchange in the near future, neither of them provide broadband services to my house. I have been kept asking telewest about the possiblility of getting connection they have sent people around to investigate for a couple of times and they once offered me a deal as if...
July 6th 03 02:53 PM
by Francis John Armstrong Go to last post
1 519
Lost usb modem functionality on home network by Paul Noga
I've just installed a new NIC on another machine to this one and decided to network the two up using a crossover cable so I ran the windows XP network setup wizard to set up internet connection sharing and file sharing. On completion I'd completely lost the functionality of my USB modem. For some reason although the config software was saying it was trained and waiting, when I clicked on the...
July 6th 03 01:02 PM
by [email protected] writeme.com Go to last post
1 838
How long does an activation date take? by Robert Woolley
On Fri, 06 Jun 2003 21:16:54 +0100, Monty wrote: On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 20:32:18 +0100, "Bu11et" wrote: Signed up with Zen, online order tracking tells me, Waiting for activation/appointment date from BT
July 6th 03 11:53 AM
by Robert Woolley Go to last post
0 548
Adding a wireless connection by Phil Thomas
Hi guys I would appreciate a little assistance. I have the D-Link DSL 504 up and running with a home network but I now need to connect up a laptop and would like to use a wireless approach. What kit can I get to plug into the back of the router to enable the wireless connection? the laptop will be the other end of the house Any help is appreciated
July 6th 03 11:11 AM
by Uncle Wobbly Go to last post
1 640
how big can exchanges be? by was gio, now vinnieza
Can a exchange which has broadband only be in a 5.5km radius? so a town with a 11km radius to cover it all will be made into two exchanges. thanx sorry about the wording.
July 5th 03 11:09 PM
by Chris Jones Go to last post
2 587
Replacing Attenna On Wireless Access Point by Uncle Wobbly
I have seen kits to locate the aerials on bits of cable to cover blind spots etc... some WLAPs even support "Diversity mode" (both aerials) or you can select which it uses... this is (AIUI) primarily to allow a single antenna to be located away from the unit but the WLAP to be in an office somewhere. (near the ethernet) "Tiny Ramsden" wrote in...
July 5th 03 10:46 PM
by Uncle Wobbly Go to last post
0 604
Post New Thread