Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
ADSL and caller display by -halli-
Hi all, I have been using my connexant PCI ADSL modem for months now, and have had no troubles with the caller display on my NTL badged DECT phone. All of a sudden the phone won't display the caller's number. Rang BT and they got back in touch a few hours later. "No problems at our end" he said "why does it not work?" I replied
July 10th 03 08:14 AM
by D Side Go to last post
9 975
broadband MAC by Eddgreen
please help I want a isp for a mac owner for broadband for OSX
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 10th 03 02:32 AM
by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631 Go to last post
10 917
Faster broadband by Nick Connor
check out www.asdlguide.org theres loads on there think bulldog are doing one ? hope it helps "It's Me" wrote in message ... Hello, I currently use BT broadband, 576kbps downstream, half that up.
July 9th 03 11:46 PM
by Nick Connor Go to last post
0 567
my vote 4 broadband website by Dunk
"was gio, now vinnieza" wrote in message ... hi, I've just put up my test vote 4 broadband website: http://kolicha.netfirms.com/ What do you all think of it? and has anyone got any suggestions? thanx p.s sorry for any inconvenience as this post is a bit off the subject. You forgot to thank bostock...
July 9th 03 11:40 PM
by Dunk Go to last post
2 638
Second Phone Socket by Paul Paintin
Just had my broadband activated, and made a discovery; my adsl modem says there is no dial tone when connected to the single bt socket I have downstairs via an extension cable, obviously with the filter in place. Is this common? Do I have to shell out for a second phone socket to be installed upstairs? Or should I think about a newer extension cable (this one was in the house when I moved in...
July 9th 03 09:29 PM
by dr.black Go to last post
3 949
ADSL Modem / Router recommendations by Clueless
1 Can anyone advice me as to the best budget router supporting SIP ? Am setting up a home network for a friend and require Netmeeting / MSN Messenger support. I am aware of the Vigor / Speedtouch 510 / Intertex IX66 / SAR7x5 / CISCO 827. Any others found useful ? The cheapest appears to be the Speedtouch 510. 2 Also for my experimentation with bonded uplink / multi homing on my new Edimax 6541...
July 9th 03 09:08 PM
by mist Go to last post
3 722
USB and NIC by T
I have connected the two PC's via a peer to peer network. Both PC's can ping each other. I have enabled Internet sharing in the proerties of the cable modem. But I still can't access the internet from the 2nd PC. From: "T" Subject: Setup 2 PC's to share broadband Date: 09 July 2003 10:21 I have a telewest blueyonder broadband connection on a WinXP PC, using a USB port....
July 9th 03 08:43 PM
by Graham Go to last post
1 575
Wireless access point/ethernet bridge - What is the difference? by SpikyJoe
(Sorry you'll have to use a Fixed font) I want to implement something like this: +----+ | | +-------| PC | +-----+ ethernet | | DSL +-------+ ethernet | |----+ +----+ =======| MODEM |----------| HUB | +-------+ ...
July 9th 03 07:30 PM
by SpikyJoe Go to last post
0 662
ADSL Move by Robert Maskill
"Les Desser" [email protected] wrote in message ... I have a client that is moving offices shortly. He has installed a new line there with a temporary number which he will change on the day of the move to his existing fax number. Can he install ADSL on this new line and then later change the number or will that cancel the ADSL? If he cannot do the...
July 9th 03 05:35 PM
by Robert Maskill Go to last post
0 629
Stupid question by Graham
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 13:09:04 +0100, Mark Phillips wrote: Why do some wireless routers have two antennae while others only have one? Is this just a fashion statement or is there some advantage in having 2? Curiously Mark Stupid answer?
July 9th 03 05:23 PM
by D Side Go to last post
1 592
'extended reach' ADSL trials by Phil
On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 16:08:05 +0100, Phil wrote: Hi, Have the 'extended reach' ADSL trials started? If so, can anyone report their experience. Thanks to all who replied. I have just found that my ISP closed it's applications for this trial last night after reciving 1000
July 9th 03 02:47 PM
by Phil Go to last post
0 652
Need help with BT Broadband ADSL modem settings by Tapio Kohonen
Hello I need help setting up my ADSL modem for BT Broadband. The modem is Telewell EA701A, bought in Finland so actually may not work at all in UK...But I am trying. Following questions: 1. Should be simple. From choices IPoA(RFC1577), PPPoA(RFC2364), MPoA(RFC1483), MPoa(RFC1483), PPTP(RFC2637), PPPoE(RFC2516) the correct setting is PPPoA(RFC2364), right?
July 9th 03 10:51 AM
by Tapio Kohonen Go to last post
3 1,041
Faster broadband by Jason Clifford
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, It's Me wrote: I currently use BT broadband, 576kbps downstream, half that up. I'm looking for something a little faster now. BT could only offer a business package which would set me back a whopping £129.99 a month. Does anyone know of a service offering a meg downstream, and half a meg upstream at a cheaper price? A static IP address would be nice too. I...
July 9th 03 09:26 AM
by Jason Clifford Go to last post
0 583
510v4 Multiple IP mapping by HonkyDog
Hi all, I still having really trouble setting my 510v4 up so that my servers are viewable internally and externally via the static IP's I was allocated (of which I have 14) My XP machine is fine as they seem to totally ignore the sub net mask, however my linux server and my 2K server both barf on the gateway as they cannot route through it with their static ip allocations in place. Static ip:...
July 9th 03 09:08 AM
by HonkyDog Go to last post
0 645
Draytek Vigor2600X and SDX INDEX BRI by kevin[dot]kenny
Hi All, I am deploying a Vigor 2600X into a site with a SDX INDEX switch and was planning to use ISDN until their ADSL is enabled (next month). The ISDN in question is being presented from the SDX Index switch and this is causing some grief. I have tested the router using ISDN on a normal BT ISDN2e NTE and it works a prefectly. But when it's connected to the SDX it won't dial out even...
July 8th 03 10:48 PM
by kevin[dot]kenny Go to last post
2 714
Advice req'd re ADSL installation (which never happened) by Graham in Melton
1 Don't know 2 You can't 3 Unlikely - they did the line test and thatıs what you stayed in for, unless you can prove they did the test at another time ?. They can test (at night) by disconnecting the iSDN line card at the exchange, and then test to the connection point outside your house - maybe. Or it could be a known issue with a particular cable bundle that goes to your house.
July 8th 03 10:12 PM
by D Side Go to last post
2 671
It takes a while to get started by Mark Phillips
I've been with Freeserve BB for just over a month now and in general I'm pretty happy. One thing which narks though is that it often takes a while (sometimes 30seconds) for IE (or Mozilla) to connect to a site but once connected the content loads quickly. Copperjet USB ADSL Modem + WinXP Home Is this par for the course or can I tweak something? Mark
July 8th 03 08:57 PM
by Mark Phillips Go to last post
0 616
Sar 715 Setup problem by fred
In article , Ellis writes I have come to the part where they say "add a new service" which in my case is freeserve. Then it has two settings called VPI and VCI. The default setting for VPI is 0 and for VCI it is 38. Beware, I have just bought and set up a 715 & I could have sworn the default VCI came up as 35, not 38. I didn't look...
July 8th 03 08:28 PM
by The Vicar Go to last post
1 711
SSID by Malcolm Loades
In message , Andrew Hall writes Hi all, Trying to configure my computer for a wireless connection to my Vigor2600We adsl connection. I need the SSID of my PCI card but have no idea how to find this. Im using a Toshiba wireless LAN card and XPpro. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Andrew
July 8th 03 08:22 PM
by Graham in Melton Go to last post
4 677
SSID by BRG
"Andrew Hall" wrote in : Hi all, Trying to configure my computer for a wireless connection to my Vigor2600We adsl connection. I need the SSID of my PCI card but have no idea how to find this. Im using a Toshiba wireless LAN card and XPpro. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
July 8th 03 07:55 PM
by Andrew Hall Go to last post
1 668
Post New Thread