Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Draytek Vigor2600X and SDX INDEX BRI by kevin[dot]kenny
Hi All, I am deploying a Vigor 2600X into a site with a SDX INDEX switch and was planning to use ISDN until their ADSL is enabled (next month). The ISDN in question is being presented from the SDX Index switch and this is causing some grief. I have tested the router using ISDN on a normal BT ISDN2e NTE and it works a prefectly. But when it's connected to the SDX it won't dial out even...
July 8th 03 09:48 PM
by kevin[dot]kenny Go to last post
2 773
Advice req'd re ADSL installation (which never happened) by Graham in Melton
1 Don't know 2 You can't 3 Unlikely - they did the line test and thatıs what you stayed in for, unless you can prove they did the test at another time ?. They can test (at night) by disconnecting the iSDN line card at the exchange, and then test to the connection point outside your house - maybe. Or it could be a known issue with a particular cable bundle that goes to your house.
July 8th 03 09:12 PM
by D Side Go to last post
2 721
It takes a while to get started by Mark Phillips
I've been with Freeserve BB for just over a month now and in general I'm pretty happy. One thing which narks though is that it often takes a while (sometimes 30seconds) for IE (or Mozilla) to connect to a site but once connected the content loads quickly. Copperjet USB ADSL Modem + WinXP Home Is this par for the course or can I tweak something? Mark
July 8th 03 07:57 PM
by Mark Phillips Go to last post
0 655
Sar 715 Setup problem by fred
In article , Ellis writes I have come to the part where they say "add a new service" which in my case is freeserve. Then it has two settings called VPI and VCI. The default setting for VPI is 0 and for VCI it is 38. Beware, I have just bought and set up a 715 & I could have sworn the default VCI came up as 35, not 38. I didn't look...
July 8th 03 07:28 PM
by The Vicar Go to last post
1 777
SSID by Malcolm Loades
In message , Andrew Hall writes Hi all, Trying to configure my computer for a wireless connection to my Vigor2600We adsl connection. I need the SSID of my PCI card but have no idea how to find this. Im using a Toshiba wireless LAN card and XPpro. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Andrew
July 8th 03 07:22 PM
by Graham in Melton Go to last post
4 735
SSID by BRG
"Andrew Hall" wrote in : Hi all, Trying to configure my computer for a wireless connection to my Vigor2600We adsl connection. I need the SSID of my PCI card but have no idea how to find this. Im using a Toshiba wireless LAN card and XPpro. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
July 8th 03 06:55 PM
by Andrew Hall Go to last post
1 742
Finding your exchange by Harry Broomhall
On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 16:35:52 +0100, "Simon J. Rowe" wrote: Can anyone point me at where I can find the name of the exchange that serves a particular line? There used to be a web site that would estimate the distance for you but it seems to be no longer available. If you have a particular line in mind post the exchange code and the first 2 digits of the number and...
July 8th 03 05:47 PM
by Graham in Melton Go to last post
3 670
Finding your exchange by PlusNet Customer Support
On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 16:35:52 +0100, "Simon J. Rowe" wrote: Can anyone point me at where I can find the name of the exchange that serves a particular line? There used to be a web site that would estimate the distance for you but it seems to be no longer available. You should be able to stick the number into BT's ADSL checker at http://www.bt.com/broadband/, this should...
July 8th 03 04:03 PM
by PlusNet Customer Support Go to last post
0 748
how is connection speed capped? by Richard
Hi, I was just wondering at what point the connection speed is determined (eg 512 or 1mb) is it setup at the dslam or whatever at the exchange or are all connections the same and the speed is just determined by the login? Thanks Richard
July 8th 03 03:56 PM
by PlusNet Customer Support Go to last post
1 900
Help by James
Hi all I need a little help if possible please. Here's the situation I have 2 internet connections we will call these A and B I have 2 NICS in my PC we will call these NIC1 NIC2 NIC1 is connected to internet connection A NIC2 is connected to internet connection B
July 8th 03 02:57 PM
by James Go to last post
1 631
Telewest CLID by Colin Steadman
Anyone know what CLID (caller id) system Telewest use in the Midlands? I'm having a bash at setting up Identafone on my PC, but need to know what system Telewest use to do it. If this fails then I guess I should call them but I know it'll be a battle finding a good techy! TIA, Col
July 8th 03 01:46 PM
by banzai Go to last post
1 760
Public IP's on local Lan question by Tony Lewis
Andrews & Arnold have allocated a number of public IP's on a subnet mask 255.255.255.224, and have recommended to use the IP's on the lan machines (ie no NAT). My usual experience has been to use the non-routable range of IP's eg 192.168.x.x and NAT on the router. There are a number of machines that do not require internet access. Can they be given IP numbers outside of the supplied range and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 8th 03 12:45 PM
by Tony Lewis Go to last post
14 1,296
Cheap wireless Router in UK by Graham in Melton
Looking for advice really .... I have my own setup * a mixture of Draytek and Netgear, all quite old and expensive at the time, but I am trying to help out a friend. I am looking for a wireless router * cheap is the issue. 802.11b * forget g etc as theyıll never use the extra capacity Wireless interface plus one ethernet WAN connection for a local PC. The broadband connection is a Blueyonder...
July 8th 03 12:28 PM
by rw Go to last post
1 899
Vigor2600We setup by Andrew Hall
Hi all, None to suprisingly Im back and stuck with my broadband setup. Having bought the Draytek Vigor 2600We I have attached all cables as per the instructions Im unable to access the internet. All the lights on the vigor are correctly lit and I even have a small symbol on my taskbar stating that a 100Mbps LAN connection is available. I have tried running the Smartwizard from the supplied...
July 8th 03 11:48 AM
by Andrew Hall Go to last post
5 807
Disconnecting 3 to 4 time per hour !! by John Steele
"Ian" wrote in message ... Hi group, I'm with Pipex and for the last year and a half I've had NO problems . But in the last 2 months I'm now getting disconnected more and more often Ie: 3 or 4 times per hour. I thought it was the conexant 4 port router to blame but i've now borrowed another router and...
July 8th 03 11:34 AM
by John Steele Go to last post
0 663
Working out subnetmask by HonkyDog
Hi all, not sure if this is the right fora, but it's related to my continued 'fight' :P with my 510v4 so hopefully someone may have the answer. I've got 14 static IP's but and not sure what the subnetmask would need to be after the initial IP (the gateway) is added to the config file. According to Eclipses Multi static IP example 6 IP's have the netmask of /29 i.e. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/29
July 8th 03 10:37 AM
by HonkyDog Go to last post
0 650
ADSL Gateway and server issues by HonkyDog
Hi all, I've got a bit of a weird one - so any insights would most definitely be gladly received :P The issue is this, got a Thomson 510v4 router PPPoA is set to 81.xxx.xxx.65 no PAT eth0 is set to 10.0.0.1 no PAT with the rest of my IP allocation added to the route table pointing to eth0 - source ANY - (81.xxx.xxx.66 - 81.xxx.xxx.78)
July 8th 03 07:35 AM
by HonkyDog Go to last post
2 768
DLink 300G+ and Demon, problems by Tony Stanley
I'm using the 300G+ and Demon, no problems after getting the buffalo wireless router to accept its DHCP address. Very reliable now, not a glitch for months. Sounds like faulty modem. -- Tony Stanley ++Always Learning++ "Bob Evans" wrote in message ...
July 8th 03 01:34 AM
by Tony Stanley Go to last post
0 715
Looking for a usenet archive by Draxen
I'm looking for a site that archives newsgroup articles in a similar way to groups.google.com Specifically I need to pull some replies that were posted to alt.games.battlefield1942 a couple of weeks ago. Zen's server was still having delivery / expiry problems then. Oddly enough that group doesn't seem to be archived at the Google archive :(
July 8th 03 12:16 AM
by Draxen Go to last post
0 569
Setting IP and DNS by Draxen
"Brett..." wrote in message ... My router is currently set to dynamic IP address allocation and dynamic DNS servers - "Get Automatically From ISP" Everything works just fine. My ISP has given me a static IP address and lists its DNS servers. Are there any advantages in actually entering the IP address and...
July 8th 03 12:11 AM
by Draxen Go to last post
0 653
Post New Thread