Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vigor 2600 firewall facility by scofer
Hello, Is the firewall on the vigor 2600 adsl router any good? Does it have many features? For instance, could I say, close all ports in one go and enable only the ports I want open? Any feedback on this would be appreciated. Thanks.
July 4th 03 06:00 PM
by Hiram Hackenbacker Go to last post
1 694
Port Blocking on BTBroadband ? by Destinations Couriers
That may be the case for BTO, but I'm specifically talking about BTB. They don't provide a mail service, so to block port 25 incoming effectively denies me *ALL* direct mail. - Steve Steve The blocking of port 25 should not affect any other email services that you
July 4th 03 05:25 PM
by Uncle Wobbly Go to last post
2 747
BT Broadband trigger scam by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 22:51, "Mark" wrote: sorry url didnt go through correctly maybe easier to use http://makeashorterlink.com/?E25165725 :)
July 4th 03 04:16 PM
by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631 Go to last post
0 688
Lottery fund and ADSL by Mark Lewis
"Simon" wrote: With the coffers of the lottery swelling to the sum of 3.1billion how much would it cost to upgrade all the exchanges in the UK ? About 5000 remaining exchanges at about 250k each = 1.2 billion. If BT put up half then 0.6 billion, a small sum in national infrastructure terms. However the really grievous failure has been the slowness...
July 4th 03 01:13 PM
by Hiram Hackenbacker Go to last post
1 609
A question by Buzz
I have just been told I can set the spare IP that the global-lifeline is pointing to as the IP of my server, ie, in the server machine ip = 212.159.62.178 Subnet 255.255.255.0 Gateway 192.168.7.1 (router) Primary DNS As given by ISP Secondary DNS As Given by ISP Then delete all rules applicable to that IP in my router.
July 4th 03 12:54 PM
by Buzz Go to last post
0 791
wireless by Squet34785
"Mike" duab wrote in message ... These wireless adapters for ADSL.. Fastest one is 11/22Mbps right? 802.11g supports up to 54Mbps
July 4th 03 12:46 PM
by Phil Thompson Go to last post
5 688
Still need help! by Phil Thompson
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 15:24:36 +0100, Buzz wrote: I set up the spare IP address of 212.159.62.178 to the local IP od 192.168.7.200 why do you do this and not simply put the external IP address on the machine ? Phil
July 4th 03 12:19 PM
by Buzz on Lappy Go to last post
5 723
aol/bt broadband for apple mac by Dave Lucas
"Nat Stott" wrote in message ... [email protected] writeme.com wrote in message ... On 03 Jul 2003 12:30:07 GMT, (Eddgreen) wrote in pigeon english: im on aol and have a apple mac and i need broadband aol the top isp broadband...
July 4th 03 12:17 PM
by Dave Lucas Go to last post
0 637
do I have adsl by Stuart
"Chris Buckley" wrote in message ... On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 22:13:53 +0100 and in article [email protected] 65688.news.dfncis.de, Stuart said... I would ask you give me one example of this. Well the little green led on my Dlink-504 is blinking right now. So even when no data is being transferred your DLink still...
July 4th 03 10:12 AM
by Stuart Go to last post
1 626
noob questions by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 15:30:39 +0100, "Pipsy Mouse" wrote: also, i am looking to get a static IP. What does NAT mean exactly? Network Address Translation. It is a method that allows a single public number to represent multiple private numbers. Any transaction initated by the private number appears to the network as the public number. This should not be confused with...
July 4th 03 10:12 AM
by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631 Go to last post
0 688
do I have adsl by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 20:38, Chris Buckley wrote: Others are constant and blink when they synch. I would ask you give me one example of this. The AR41 I have in front of me has blinking LEDs, despite the AR11 having them non-blinking. It has been a while since I had a Dabs router in front of me, but that one from memory has at least one LED blinking all the time...
July 4th 03 10:03 AM
by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631 Go to last post
0 648
Lottery fund and ADSL by Hiram Hackenbacker
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 20:01:48 +0000 (UTC), "Simon" wrote: With the coffers of the lottery swelling to the sum of 3.1billion, I understood that most of this money was already committed, but not spent, by the relevant projects. Let's just hope they haven't invested that cash in inappropriate investment vehicles. --
July 4th 03 09:17 AM
by Hiram Hackenbacker Go to last post
0 621
Router + Networking by John Rumm
Bob Iles wrote: Broadband now up and running a dream on both PC's - but I am still able to share files and printers. Like I said - not a problem, I just don't understand how, given that the card settings are now different I guess a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. This is all guesswork since you don`t give quite enough info to be sure... but:
July 4th 03 01:35 AM
by John Rumm Go to last post
0 701
Lottery fund and ADSL by Jonathan Buzzard
In article , "Simon" writes: With the coffers of the lottery swelling to the sum of 3.1billion, I think all those without an ADSL enabled exchange should fill in one of the lottery grant forms. You never know, if a few hundred people filled them in someone might get lucky. Get your forms from here : ...
July 4th 03 12:30 AM
by Jonathan Buzzard Go to last post
0 781
USB Modem throught Ethernet Card by AP
You'd need a router to do what you want. There are some routers that your Fujitsu 310 would plug into (draytek vigor 2200 for one, I think) but you might as well go for a combined router/modem all in one box. Any recommendations for a good cheap one (4 ports)? My ADSL is on its way (hopefully)...
July 3rd 03 11:49 PM
by AP Go to last post
0 659
This may well work!! by eusty
Yes it's that simple, it's called DNS!!! ;) Why put your machine in the DMZ?? If it's only HTTP & FTP you are running then reduce the risks and only open the ports you need. Buzz wrote: OK guys, I need some info now to confirm things.
July 3rd 03 11:31 PM
by eusty Go to last post
0 721
do I have adsl by Buzz
When I buzzed out of the hive I heard say... "Chris Buckley" wrote in message ... On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 17:08:41 +0100 and in article [email protected] 65688.news.dfncis.de, Stuart said... The point remains though. Your synch light will remain constant. This indicates your modem/router...
July 3rd 03 11:25 PM
by Buzz Go to last post
0 662
Force9 / Plusnet problems by Graham Murray
"SHW" writes: I disagree. Any ISP worth it's salt should have tech support staff who can help their users with the setup of such essentials as Email clients. They may have staff who *can* help users set up an email client, but *should* they be doing so? You would not expect BT customer service to help a customer set up their answering machine or the BBC to...
July 3rd 03 11:02 PM
by Graham Murray Go to last post
0 779
DG824M New Firmware - wireless problem solved by M Maltby
"Jamie Tudor" wrote in message ... I've been sent the new version of firmware for the DG824M and, finally, it solves the wireless dropout issue. It has done it at the cost of some raw speed, unfortunately, in that max throughout is now around 3Mbps, but it no longer crashes under heavy load. Not ideal, but...
June 24th 03 02:02 AM
by M Maltby Go to last post
0 668
Post New Thread