Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Setting IP and DNS by eusty
Leave it as it is, although it's a static IP it's assigned by the ISP (but it's always the same!), some routers won't work if you assign it yourself. DNS servers can be assigned if you want to use a different pair. Brett... wrote: My router is currently set to dynamic IP address allocation and dynamic DNS servers - "Get Automatically From ISP" Everything works just fine. My ISP has...
July 7th 03 09:19 PM
by eusty Go to last post
0 579
pop3 bt by Pete
Hello ,, Can I pick up my btinternet PAYG account with outlook express using my V21 account? I cant seem to get it to work?
July 7th 03 08:16 PM
by Pete Go to last post
0 676
recommend good ADSL plz by Daniel Crichton
Colin Wilson wrote: Having been with PIPEX (ugh) for eight months I'm sick to the back teeth of their failing infrastructure - the mail server was down again last night - What time did you have a problem - I was checking every few minutes until ~2am and had one failed connection which worked immediately when I tried again. I keep thinking I must be...
July 7th 03 07:22 PM
by Dominic Pinto Go to last post
1 773
e-mail by ^^Flying Rat^^
me posted this... maybe offtopic but here goes. right what i would like to do is be able to collect all mail ( 3 pop3 accounts ) on a main pc, and then my gf ( on her laptop ) can collect her mail from the main pc. Is this possible, and preferably free. thanks in advance
July 7th 03 07:21 PM
by ^^Flying Rat^^ Go to last post
0 703
recommend good ADSL plz by Matthew J. Francis
On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:15:24 +0100, Gus wrote: So I'd say one one of 3 Nildram / Zen or AA. But up to you to make the choice. So ask the ISP what there future bandwidth plans are, how many new pipes have they accounted for in the next 6 months of there expansion. Time to get them to sell them selves. Hi,
July 7th 03 06:42 PM
by Matthew J. Francis Go to last post
0 853
Netgear DG814 firmware v4.7 - Still doesn't fix the time! by StephenD
Yes! at last someone else has the same problem as me. The only way I can keep my router alive is by setting my GF hairdryer to COLD and giving it a quick balst now and then. I dont suppose you have found a fix for this one??? please tell me you do. Cheers, StephenD
July 7th 03 04:53 PM
by Graham in Melton Go to last post
1 635
ntl 1Mb Package by Ged
I'm thinking of getting ntl's 1Mb package for home. I want to make sure my laptop pc and mac are both able to get online. The mac and pc are in different rooms and have been networked by ethernet cables to adsl before so should be OK to get online. Any helpful hints/sugegstions about what to think about? Laymans term please. ntl say the cable modem has just two 'outputs' - usb and 1...
July 7th 03 01:22 PM
by Ged Go to last post
0 659
When will ADSL come down in price ? by amstereofan
I realize there's been millions spend in investment blah de blah but when does anyone think ADSL will be somthing like 12- 15 a month and cheaper connection charge ? I think the current 64 is a bit of a rip off which you have to pay for the cheaper monthly deals ie fast4 etc -- Moderator of the AM Stereo Europe Forum http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amstereoforumeurope/ AM Stereo for the UK...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 7th 03 10:41 AM
by Alec McKenzie Go to last post
12 1,135
Router recommendations please ??? by Craig Henry
Hi, I am due to be getting a ADSL connection in August and am looking in to routers. I have a 3com 100baset switch linked to a network of machines with cat 5 cable and 3com 9015c's. I will be signing up with plusnet.
July 7th 03 10:16 AM
by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631 Go to last post
3 801
ADSL Line keeps dropping on a fax transmission by Graham
On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 19:08:43 +0100, Les Desser wrote: A client has recently installed ADSL on their fax line. However, whenever a fax is sent or received the ADSL line drops. Using a DG814. Suspecting a faulty filter, they installed a BT ADSL master socket from Clarity - still the same. They have now tried a different fax machine and still the same.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 7th 03 09:20 AM
by Les Desser Go to last post
12 1,138
Metro Net - pay as you go DSL by rw
I too am interested in Metronet, as are some friends. I emailed them as follows, and they replied (very quickly i might add). Just thought you mighy be interested. Any comments? Hello, Myself and several friends are very interested in your PayGoDSL service. We wondered how you are able to sustain such a service when BT charge ISPs 15 per month for an ADSL service. Obviously, we don't want to...
July 7th 03 04:35 AM
by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631 Go to last post
8 724
Experiement : hardware survey by Andy Jenkins
Hi all, I've just setup a very quick survey at http://shorl.com/benadrulykete which asks a couple of questions about what broadband hardware is being used by users, what ISP, what OS etc etc etc. I would like to see the results from what users are actually using, and when sufficient data is in the database, I will release a querying page where you could filter down on any of the fields and see...
July 7th 03 01:05 AM
by Michael Swift Go to last post
7 756
Splitter Advice :) by g00se
Bought an Ebuyer cheapy 1.99 filter on the off chance it might be okay - it is awful! Horrific buzz on the telephone line and the DSL keeps dropping out when it is connected through it. Please could I have recommendations of a splitter that works? The ones that Pipex sent to my parents house when I set their adsl up are perfect, but I can't find the manufacturer of them. Line Attenuation 38.9dB...
July 7th 03 12:52 AM
by MARKG7MVO Go to last post
5 781
Any recommendations for broadband for business users. by Robert Woolley
On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 00:38:53 GMT, "Paul" wrote: "Fred" wrote in message ... Most ISPs insist on differentiating between private and business customers and charge 3 times as much. A basic ADSL service is all I require. Nildram at www.getadsl.co.uk are an excellent choice and don't mind...
July 7th 03 12:21 AM
by Robert Woolley Go to last post
0 531
Router Lockup by [email protected]
On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 17:28:45 +0100, Chris Buckley wrote: I am pretty sure i know what is causing this. P2P apps open up hundreds, sometimes THOUSANDS, of ports. Your router just wont be able to handle that sort of traffic if you are NAT'ed. Turn off NAT and all should be ok. Thanks Chris,
July 7th 03 12:08 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 505
Equipment Survey by Andy Jenkins
Hey all, OK .. the response so far (and its only been about 2 hours) has been outstanding .. near 100 replies so far (and silly me put an email alert on for each submission too .. oh dear ) Still ... thanks to everyone who has taken the time to fill in the details. Wether this shows a friendly willingness to take part in my strange experiement or a desire for users to actually see...
July 6th 03 11:53 PM
by Martin Cooper Go to last post
3 642
Just a quick question.......... by Shaun McCann
My exchange is being activated next week but I have seen something mentioned about a "ready for service" date. Does this mean that once my exchange is activated it is ready for service or is there normally a period of time between it's activation and it's being ready for service? Cheers, Shaun.
July 6th 03 11:19 PM
by Shaun McCann Go to last post
1 674
Ready for service date? by Craig L
Hi. My local exchange (Risca, Gwent) has been given a Ready For Service date of July 16th. Does this mean that I can actually have broadband on the 16th or is that the date the BT engineers go in and start? If so how long will it normally take to fit the ADSL gear? TIA. Cheers.
July 6th 03 06:29 PM
by Craig L Go to last post
3 765
D-Link DSL-504 by Urban Bettag
Hi! I had several times problems to get my router working with Clara.Net. First, I had the Zoom X3 and then I bought a D-Link DSL-504 (a router listed/recommended on their web site). Initially the Zoom X3 worked fine without any problems, but suddenly the connection was dropped after a while (it varried from 3 to 30 minutes). I then decided to change the router and bought a D-Link router.
July 6th 03 05:57 PM
by Urban Bettag Go to last post
2 800
'extended reach' ADSL trials by Michael Chare
Have the 'extended reach' ADSL trials started? If so, can anyone report their experience. BT start accepting applications from ISPs on 9th July. Michael Chare
July 6th 03 05:49 PM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
0 598
Post New Thread