Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
do I have adsl by Stuart
"Chris Buckley" wrote in message ... On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 22:13:53 +0100 and in article [email protected] 65688.news.dfncis.de, Stuart said... I would ask you give me one example of this. Well the little green led on my Dlink-504 is blinking right now. So even when no data is being transferred your DLink still...
July 4th 03 10:12 AM
by Stuart Go to last post
1 648
noob questions by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 15:30:39 +0100, "Pipsy Mouse" wrote: also, i am looking to get a static IP. What does NAT mean exactly? Network Address Translation. It is a method that allows a single public number to represent multiple private numbers. Any transaction initated by the private number appears to the network as the public number. This should not be confused with...
July 4th 03 10:12 AM
by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631 Go to last post
0 709
do I have adsl by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 20:38, Chris Buckley wrote: Others are constant and blink when they synch. I would ask you give me one example of this. The AR41 I have in front of me has blinking LEDs, despite the AR11 having them non-blinking. It has been a while since I had a Dabs router in front of me, but that one from memory has at least one LED blinking all the time...
July 4th 03 10:03 AM
by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631 Go to last post
0 682
Lottery fund and ADSL by Hiram Hackenbacker
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 20:01:48 +0000 (UTC), "Simon" wrote: With the coffers of the lottery swelling to the sum of 3.1billion, I understood that most of this money was already committed, but not spent, by the relevant projects. Let's just hope they haven't invested that cash in inappropriate investment vehicles. --
July 4th 03 09:17 AM
by Hiram Hackenbacker Go to last post
0 646
Router + Networking by John Rumm
Bob Iles wrote: Broadband now up and running a dream on both PC's - but I am still able to share files and printers. Like I said - not a problem, I just don't understand how, given that the card settings are now different I guess a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. This is all guesswork since you don`t give quite enough info to be sure... but:
July 4th 03 01:35 AM
by John Rumm Go to last post
0 721
Lottery fund and ADSL by Jonathan Buzzard
In article , "Simon" writes: With the coffers of the lottery swelling to the sum of 3.1billion, I think all those without an ADSL enabled exchange should fill in one of the lottery grant forms. You never know, if a few hundred people filled them in someone might get lucky. Get your forms from here : ...
July 4th 03 12:30 AM
by Jonathan Buzzard Go to last post
0 803
USB Modem throught Ethernet Card by AP
You'd need a router to do what you want. There are some routers that your Fujitsu 310 would plug into (draytek vigor 2200 for one, I think) but you might as well go for a combined router/modem all in one box. Any recommendations for a good cheap one (4 ports)? My ADSL is on its way (hopefully)...
July 3rd 03 11:49 PM
by AP Go to last post
0 679
This may well work!! by eusty
Yes it's that simple, it's called DNS!!! ;) Why put your machine in the DMZ?? If it's only HTTP & FTP you are running then reduce the risks and only open the ports you need. Buzz wrote: OK guys, I need some info now to confirm things.
July 3rd 03 11:31 PM
by eusty Go to last post
0 747
do I have adsl by Buzz
When I buzzed out of the hive I heard say... "Chris Buckley" wrote in message ... On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 17:08:41 +0100 and in article [email protected] 65688.news.dfncis.de, Stuart said... The point remains though. Your synch light will remain constant. This indicates your modem/router...
July 3rd 03 11:25 PM
by Buzz Go to last post
0 692
Force9 / Plusnet problems by Graham Murray
"SHW" writes: I disagree. Any ISP worth it's salt should have tech support staff who can help their users with the setup of such essentials as Email clients. They may have staff who *can* help users set up an email client, but *should* they be doing so? You would not expect BT customer service to help a customer set up their answering machine or the BBC to...
July 3rd 03 11:02 PM
by Graham Murray Go to last post
0 803
DG824M New Firmware - wireless problem solved by M Maltby
"Jamie Tudor" wrote in message ... I've been sent the new version of firmware for the DG824M and, finally, it solves the wireless dropout issue. It has done it at the cost of some raw speed, unfortunately, in that max throughout is now around 3Mbps, but it no longer crashes under heavy load. Not ideal, but...
June 24th 03 02:02 AM
by M Maltby Go to last post
0 690
Post New Thread