Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Replacing Attenna On Wireless Access Point by The Natural Philosopher
Nigel Mercier wrote: In uk.telecom.broadband, Dean wrote: i found this, http://www.wireless.org.au/~jhecker/helix/helical.html I'd be worried about the SWR of home-brew designs, too high and it can blow up the transmitter.
July 5th 03 09:38 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
1 682
Which satellite ISP? (BT exchange 5.5km, no ADSL,) by Phil
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 21:29:48 +0100, "Uncle Wobbly" wrote: soz 'bout the extra post... finger trouble ;o) LOL, If it's any comfort, it'll get worse as you get older BG Phil
July 5th 03 07:56 PM
by Phil Go to last post
0 596
Which satellite ISP? (BT exchange 5.5km, no ADSL,) by Phil
On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 20:05:30 +0100, Alex Heney wrote: It's not just Zen. Thanks Alex. Do you know who the others are? Phil
July 5th 03 07:56 PM
by Phil Go to last post
0 499
Which satellite ISP? (BT exchange 5.5km, no ADSL,) by Phil
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 21:28:57 +0100, "Uncle Wobbly" wrote: I heard tonight (not had time to authenticate it but a neighbour got an email from them) zen are looking for 1000 places around the UK that are in a DSL enabled area but too far from the exchange to trial a new extended reach RADSL - check it out. Thanks a lot. A lot of folk (apart from BT) are putting a lot...
July 5th 03 07:56 PM
by Phil Go to last post
0 567
Which satellite ISP? (BT exchange 5.5km, no ADSL,) by Phil
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 12:38:40 +0100, simon howe wrote: try www.adslguide.org for info on Bts new reach trial(60db) Many thanks Simon, Apologies for my late reply. I have been away for a few days. Phil
July 5th 03 07:56 PM
by Phil Go to last post
0 564
Line Noise by johnydeath
"Chris Bond" wrote in message ... I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to the tech side of broadband. Through various post and articles I've heard that line noise should'nt be over 55db for a good BB service. So imagine my concern when I saw this summary page while logged into the Dlink 504 router i'm using. ...
July 5th 03 03:11 PM
by johnydeath Go to last post
0 686
etec router and email problems by djbateman
hi, ive just installed an etec router and ive got mine and my mums computer running fine over the broadband, the problem however appears when we try to send email with outlook express using our talk21.com accounts. i get the following error: "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '. Subject...
July 5th 03 03:04 PM
by Mugwump Go to last post
2 869
Bonded uplink on ADSL via Linux by Alex
Rev Adrian Kennard wrote: I would happily pay for a Firebrick if I could find some way of justifying it but 1000 for the pro version is not going to be realistic for home use, 916.50, but watch this space... Is that because the price is coming down or because you're about to announce the rental price? Or something else?
July 5th 03 01:18 PM
by Alex Go to last post
1 709
FAO Freedom2Surf Users by Freedom2Support.net
Hiya Everbody, I'm Justin Johnson from Freedom2Support, the Freedom2Surf Users run community website, and I just wanted to let users know about it. We offer in depth resources on everything related to Freedom2Surf, Including how to guides on ADSL Broadband, Email, Webspace and much much more, we have around 20 tutorials on all aspects of the Freedom2Surf Service, and FAQ's to answer your most...
July 5th 03 09:29 AM
by David Griffin Go to last post
2 765
Line Noise by Lek
Rule of thumb is..... Get your head down to the phone point (NTE5) and listen VERY carefully..... if you hear the seaside then you are stuffed !! :( "Chris Bond" wrote in message ... I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to the tech side of broadband.
July 5th 03 06:57 AM
by Uncle Wobbly Go to last post
1 781
Line Noise by Old Codger
"Graham" wrote in message ... The signal to noise ratio (SNR) is 4.5dB which doesn't sound a lot but the dB scale is logrythmic so 4.5dB means the signal is about 4 to 5 times louder than the line moise
July 4th 03 10:13 PM
by Old Codger Go to last post
0 665
Any clever bod want to help? by Jik Ronson
Trust me - post in the solwise forum. You'll get an email quite quickly I'm sure :-) Once you set the rule - BTW - you have to commit it to keep it. Rules are same for any other server, just alter the port and target machine :-) (and increase the rule number) "Buzz on Lappy" wrote in message ... ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 4th 03 10:11 PM
by Jik Ronson Go to last post
11 985
Line Noise by Uncle Wobbly
worth mentioning here... I have a "higher than acceptable" level (I am 5.66 KM from the exchange) but I had mine put in by an engineer when ADSL was still quite novel. I failed the woosh test but the dsl was there and worked and the engineer said that if it was a problem "they'd have to come and take it out" 20months later, still here and fine... My point here is that if you contact BT about it...
July 4th 03 09:58 PM
by Uncle Wobbly Go to last post
0 722
SAGEM Fast modem problem by Gregor Spowart
Martin Cooper wrote in message ... (Gregor Spowart) wrote: SNIP Hi, not sure this will help, but I have had similar problems with win2k, and have resolved them by selecting the 'my computer' icon (I think, I'm not on win2k ATM so cannot check) then right clicking and selecting the...
July 4th 03 08:56 PM
by Martin Cooper Go to last post
1 746
Lottery fund and ADSL by Nick
Simon wrote: With the coffers of the lottery swelling to the sum of 3.1billion, I think all those without an ADSL enabled exchange should fill in one of the lottery grant forms. You never know, if a few hundred people filled them in someone might get lucky. Get your forms from here : http://www.c-f.org.uk/funding-your-project/forms-and-guidance/what-forms/ind
July 4th 03 08:10 PM
by Mark Lewis Go to last post
1 656
Broadband drop out by Chris Bond
Every night this week my broadband connection has dropped at 10pm I'm curently with Tiscali. Anyone else on Tiscali having this problem? Thanks Chris
July 4th 03 06:48 PM
by Chris Bond Go to last post
0 607
Netgear's DG814 ADSL Router by Alan
yes it does. "Mike" duab wrote in message ... http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=233 Is this adequate for a Zen 8 IP account with No NAT ? Anyone know if this router has an option to turn NAT on or off, whether it has a hardware reset and if it supports non-NAT public subnets - multiple public IP...
July 4th 03 06:45 PM
by Alan Go to last post
0 805
Force9 / Plusnet problems by Jik Ronson
My view was no ISP is perfect. No company is perfect. Why? Becuase they are run by people who ain't perfect. Ive had minor problems with plusnet - but in fairness, the 3 minor problems were all my own doing. I think the tech guys - who if you speak to them on the phone seem reasonable and helpful enough, assume all the basic kid-proof errors are checked as per all the FAQ guides etc, and it must...
July 4th 03 05:36 PM
by Jik Ronson Go to last post
0 782
Wireless broadband by Jeff Duntemann
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:47:37 +0100, Jennifer Moore wrote: hi Andrew & everyone re wireless I have found very little info on this subject other than the product vendors who seem to be understandably geared towards the business community rather than individual users.
July 4th 03 05:35 PM
by Jeff Duntemann Go to last post
0 632
Apologies to Jik by Jik Ronson
Oh Trust me Buzz - Im a fool. It took me 2 weeks to get the thing to work :-) "Buzz" wrote in message ... I said what you suggested didn't work, I did it wrong and forgot to put the external IP address. Once I did that, it worked fine! Plus, using your guides, I was able to open other ports on the main machine, and also...
July 4th 03 05:12 PM
by Jik Ronson Go to last post
0 655
Post New Thread