Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Broadband advice? by Bobby
I'm getting BT Broadband (ASDL) on 21/8 and I was wondering if anyone has advice for me before/during/after installation? Cheers. Bobby
July 11th 03 12:39 AM
by [email protected] writeme.com Go to last post
8 851
Building my own wireless ADSL modem/router by Terry Eden
As I can't find a combined 802.11g/ethernet routher/ADSL modem, I thought I'd try and roll my own. If I get a cheapo PC and shove in... a Belkin PCI 802.11g card (http://www.redstore.com/fx/techinfo.php?itm_code=BELNET173) and a Conexant PCI ADSL modem (http://www.redstore.com/fx/techinfo.php?itm_code=CNEFAX001)
July 10th 03 11:33 PM
by Keith Roberts Go to last post
6 1,037
my vote 4 broadband website by was gio, now vinnieza
"HamMan" wrote in message ... "Mark Gillespie" wrote in message news:[email protected] Whilst on topic of site feedback, I would appreciate any feedback from our broadband campaign site. http://www.broadband4preston.org.uk/
July 10th 03 11:05 PM
by was gio, now vinnieza Go to last post
1 733
my vote 4 broadband website by Mark Gillespie
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 20:08:29 +0100, HamMan wrote: "Mark Gillespie" wrote in message news:[email protected] Whilst on topic of site feedback, I would appreciate any feedback from our broadband campaign site.
July 10th 03 10:05 PM
by Mark Gillespie Go to last post
0 769
Which Broadband Provider by Jason Clifford
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, AndrewMacInnes wrote: At last BT have updated my exchange. Now i want to know what is the best provider for me to choose. My current 56k connection is with freeserve. Opinions would be greatly appreciated Before anyone can give you a suitable answer you will need to say what you want from your broadband connection.
July 10th 03 09:59 PM
by Jason Clifford Go to last post
0 725
Setup 2 PC's to share broadband by T
I have a telewest blueyonder broadband connection on a WinXP PC, using a USB port. How do I conncet my 2nd Win98 standalone PC to share the broadband connection?
July 10th 03 09:36 PM
by wolfie Go to last post
4 1,957
cable or adsl by Steven Pilbeam
"wolfie" wrote in message ... could some advise on which is faster cable or adsl i am with btopenworld broadband and i am thinking of changing to telewest broadband which is cable A lot depends on what you want to do with it. I am a digital camera user so I upload photo's for printing to several companies. I'm on NTL cable...
July 10th 03 09:03 PM
by Steven Pilbeam Go to last post
0 763
DG814 4.8 firmware is out by Richard Whitcombe
On the netgear official site: --- 1. Sync Issues 2. Interactive TCP Session Issues 3. NAT Table Logic 4. DNS Relay ---
July 10th 03 06:52 PM
by Richard Whitcombe Go to last post
0 769
ADSL and VideoConferencing by Ian
Matthew Bailey wrote: || Can anyone recommend any software to enable 2 pipex ADSL users to || video conference? || || We both have DV cameras as opposed to USB camera's which most || software appears to work with. || || Thanks, || || Matt
July 10th 03 06:06 PM
by Ian Go to last post
0 533
Recommended Router? by Old Codger
Hi, My ISP (Nildram) is offering a router for 75 (a ZyXel 650R). Is this a good deal or would people here recommend something else? I would like to be able to operate some kind of firewall and I am not sure if this will do the job. Thanks OC
July 10th 03 04:27 PM
by kevin bailey Go to last post
2 855
BT Openworld Business by Steve
In article , (Stuart) wrote: "Steve" wrote in message ... WHS WTF?
July 10th 03 04:12 PM
by Stuart Go to last post
1 784
ADSL and VideoConferencing by postmaster
"Matthew Bailey" wrote in message ... Can anyone recommend any software to enable 2 pipex ADSL users to video conference? We both have DV cameras as opposed to USB camera's which most software appears to work with. Thanks,
July 10th 03 02:25 PM
by postmaster Go to last post
0 704
Limiting lines to ADSL only by Mark Rogers
If I'm putting a BT line in for ADSL, and I want it to be only used for that, what are my options for preventing the telephone side of it being abused? Can I get call barring, or will that affect the ADSL? BT are telling me that changing the call barring may disrupt the ADSL line but I really don't think that the BT-bot knows what they're talking about. They may be right, but it'll be by...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 10th 03 08:45 AM
by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631 Go to last post
15 1,333
ADSL and caller display by -halli-
Hi all, I have been using my connexant PCI ADSL modem for months now, and have had no troubles with the caller display on my NTL badged DECT phone. All of a sudden the phone won't display the caller's number. Rang BT and they got back in touch a few hours later. "No problems at our end" he said "why does it not work?" I replied
July 10th 03 08:14 AM
by D Side Go to last post
9 1,141
broadband MAC by Eddgreen
please help I want a isp for a mac owner for broadband for OSX
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 10th 03 02:32 AM
by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631 Go to last post
10 1,120
Faster broadband by Nick Connor
check out www.asdlguide.org theres loads on there think bulldog are doing one ? hope it helps "It's Me" wrote in message ... Hello, I currently use BT broadband, 576kbps downstream, half that up.
July 9th 03 11:46 PM
by Nick Connor Go to last post
0 702
my vote 4 broadband website by Dunk
"was gio, now vinnieza" wrote in message ... hi, I've just put up my test vote 4 broadband website: http://kolicha.netfirms.com/ What do you all think of it? and has anyone got any suggestions? thanx p.s sorry for any inconvenience as this post is a bit off the subject. You forgot to thank bostock...
July 9th 03 11:40 PM
by Dunk Go to last post
2 752
Second Phone Socket by Paul Paintin
Just had my broadband activated, and made a discovery; my adsl modem says there is no dial tone when connected to the single bt socket I have downstairs via an extension cable, obviously with the filter in place. Is this common? Do I have to shell out for a second phone socket to be installed upstairs? Or should I think about a newer extension cable (this one was in the house when I moved in...
July 9th 03 09:29 PM
by dr.black Go to last post
3 1,069
ADSL Modem / Router recommendations by Clueless
1 Can anyone advice me as to the best budget router supporting SIP ? Am setting up a home network for a friend and require Netmeeting / MSN Messenger support. I am aware of the Vigor / Speedtouch 510 / Intertex IX66 / SAR7x5 / CISCO 827. Any others found useful ? The cheapest appears to be the Speedtouch 510. 2 Also for my experimentation with bonded uplink / multi homing on my new Edimax 6541...
July 9th 03 09:08 PM
by mist Go to last post
3 858
USB and NIC by T
I have connected the two PC's via a peer to peer network. Both PC's can ping each other. I have enabled Internet sharing in the proerties of the cable modem. But I still can't access the internet from the 2nd PC. From: "T" Subject: Setup 2 PC's to share broadband Date: 09 July 2003 10:21 I have a telewest blueyonder broadband connection on a WinXP PC, using a USB port....
July 9th 03 08:43 PM
by Graham Go to last post
1 691
Post New Thread