Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Wireless access point/ethernet bridge - What is the difference? by SpikyJoe
(Sorry you'll have to use a Fixed font) I want to implement something like this: +----+ | | +-------| PC | +-----+ ethernet | | DSL +-------+ ethernet | |----+ +----+ =======| MODEM |----------| HUB | +-------+ ...
July 9th 03 06:30 PM
by SpikyJoe Go to last post
0 730
ADSL Move by Robert Maskill
"Les Desser" [email protected] wrote in message ... I have a client that is moving offices shortly. He has installed a new line there with a temporary number which he will change on the day of the move to his existing fax number. Can he install ADSL on this new line and then later change the number or will that cancel the ADSL? If he cannot do the...
July 9th 03 04:35 PM
by Robert Maskill Go to last post
0 702
Stupid question by Graham
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 13:09:04 +0100, Mark Phillips wrote: Why do some wireless routers have two antennae while others only have one? Is this just a fashion statement or is there some advantage in having 2? Curiously Mark Stupid answer?
July 9th 03 04:23 PM
by D Side Go to last post
1 658
'extended reach' ADSL trials by Phil
On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 16:08:05 +0100, Phil wrote: Hi, Have the 'extended reach' ADSL trials started? If so, can anyone report their experience. Thanks to all who replied. I have just found that my ISP closed it's applications for this trial last night after reciving 1000
July 9th 03 01:47 PM
by Phil Go to last post
0 724
Need help with BT Broadband ADSL modem settings by Tapio Kohonen
Hello I need help setting up my ADSL modem for BT Broadband. The modem is Telewell EA701A, bought in Finland so actually may not work at all in UK...But I am trying. Following questions: 1. Should be simple. From choices IPoA(RFC1577), PPPoA(RFC2364), MPoA(RFC1483), MPoa(RFC1483), PPTP(RFC2637), PPPoE(RFC2516) the correct setting is PPPoA(RFC2364), right?
July 9th 03 09:51 AM
by Tapio Kohonen Go to last post
3 1,156
Faster broadband by Jason Clifford
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, It's Me wrote: I currently use BT broadband, 576kbps downstream, half that up. I'm looking for something a little faster now. BT could only offer a business package which would set me back a whopping £129.99 a month. Does anyone know of a service offering a meg downstream, and half a meg upstream at a cheaper price? A static IP address would be nice too. I...
July 9th 03 08:26 AM
by Jason Clifford Go to last post
0 642
510v4 Multiple IP mapping by HonkyDog
Hi all, I still having really trouble setting my 510v4 up so that my servers are viewable internally and externally via the static IP's I was allocated (of which I have 14) My XP machine is fine as they seem to totally ignore the sub net mask, however my linux server and my 2K server both barf on the gateway as they cannot route through it with their static ip allocations in place. Static ip:...
July 9th 03 08:08 AM
by HonkyDog Go to last post
0 739
Draytek Vigor2600X and SDX INDEX BRI by kevin[dot]kenny
Hi All, I am deploying a Vigor 2600X into a site with a SDX INDEX switch and was planning to use ISDN until their ADSL is enabled (next month). The ISDN in question is being presented from the SDX Index switch and this is causing some grief. I have tested the router using ISDN on a normal BT ISDN2e NTE and it works a prefectly. But when it's connected to the SDX it won't dial out even...
July 8th 03 09:48 PM
by kevin[dot]kenny Go to last post
2 812
Advice req'd re ADSL installation (which never happened) by Graham in Melton
1 Don't know 2 You can't 3 Unlikely - they did the line test and thatıs what you stayed in for, unless you can prove they did the test at another time ?. They can test (at night) by disconnecting the iSDN line card at the exchange, and then test to the connection point outside your house - maybe. Or it could be a known issue with a particular cable bundle that goes to your house.
July 8th 03 09:12 PM
by D Side Go to last post
2 752
It takes a while to get started by Mark Phillips
I've been with Freeserve BB for just over a month now and in general I'm pretty happy. One thing which narks though is that it often takes a while (sometimes 30seconds) for IE (or Mozilla) to connect to a site but once connected the content loads quickly. Copperjet USB ADSL Modem + WinXP Home Is this par for the course or can I tweak something? Mark
July 8th 03 07:57 PM
by Mark Phillips Go to last post
0 679
Sar 715 Setup problem by fred
In article , Ellis writes I have come to the part where they say "add a new service" which in my case is freeserve. Then it has two settings called VPI and VCI. The default setting for VPI is 0 and for VCI it is 38. Beware, I have just bought and set up a 715 & I could have sworn the default VCI came up as 35, not 38. I didn't look...
July 8th 03 07:28 PM
by The Vicar Go to last post
1 826
SSID by Malcolm Loades
In message , Andrew Hall writes Hi all, Trying to configure my computer for a wireless connection to my Vigor2600We adsl connection. I need the SSID of my PCI card but have no idea how to find this. Im using a Toshiba wireless LAN card and XPpro. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Andrew
July 8th 03 07:22 PM
by Graham in Melton Go to last post
4 765
SSID by BRG
"Andrew Hall" wrote in : Hi all, Trying to configure my computer for a wireless connection to my Vigor2600We adsl connection. I need the SSID of my PCI card but have no idea how to find this. Im using a Toshiba wireless LAN card and XPpro. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
July 8th 03 06:55 PM
by Andrew Hall Go to last post
1 776
Finding your exchange by Harry Broomhall
On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 16:35:52 +0100, "Simon J. Rowe" wrote: Can anyone point me at where I can find the name of the exchange that serves a particular line? There used to be a web site that would estimate the distance for you but it seems to be no longer available. If you have a particular line in mind post the exchange code and the first 2 digits of the number and...
July 8th 03 05:47 PM
by Graham in Melton Go to last post
3 697
Finding your exchange by PlusNet Customer Support
On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 16:35:52 +0100, "Simon J. Rowe" wrote: Can anyone point me at where I can find the name of the exchange that serves a particular line? There used to be a web site that would estimate the distance for you but it seems to be no longer available. You should be able to stick the number into BT's ADSL checker at http://www.bt.com/broadband/, this should...
July 8th 03 04:03 PM
by PlusNet Customer Support Go to last post
0 780
how is connection speed capped? by Richard
Hi, I was just wondering at what point the connection speed is determined (eg 512 or 1mb) is it setup at the dslam or whatever at the exchange or are all connections the same and the speed is just determined by the login? Thanks Richard
July 8th 03 03:56 PM
by PlusNet Customer Support Go to last post
1 934
Help by James
Hi all I need a little help if possible please. Here's the situation I have 2 internet connections we will call these A and B I have 2 NICS in my PC we will call these NIC1 NIC2 NIC1 is connected to internet connection A NIC2 is connected to internet connection B
July 8th 03 02:57 PM
by James Go to last post
1 658
Telewest CLID by Colin Steadman
Anyone know what CLID (caller id) system Telewest use in the Midlands? I'm having a bash at setting up Identafone on my PC, but need to know what system Telewest use to do it. If this fails then I guess I should call them but I know it'll be a battle finding a good techy! TIA, Col
July 8th 03 01:46 PM
by banzai Go to last post
1 792
Public IP's on local Lan question by Tony Lewis
Andrews & Arnold have allocated a number of public IP's on a subnet mask 255.255.255.224, and have recommended to use the IP's on the lan machines (ie no NAT). My usual experience has been to use the non-routable range of IP's eg 192.168.x.x and NAT on the router. There are a number of machines that do not require internet access. Can they be given IP numbers outside of the supplied range and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 8th 03 12:45 PM
by Tony Lewis Go to last post
14 1,414
Cheap wireless Router in UK by Graham in Melton
Looking for advice really .... I have my own setup * a mixture of Draytek and Netgear, all quite old and expensive at the time, but I am trying to help out a friend. I am looking for a wireless router * cheap is the issue. 802.11b * forget g etc as theyıll never use the extra capacity Wireless interface plus one ethernet WAN connection for a local PC. The broadband connection is a Blueyonder...
July 8th 03 12:28 PM
by rw Go to last post
1 957
Post New Thread