Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Setting IP and DNS by Draxen
"Brett..." wrote in message ... My router is currently set to dynamic IP address allocation and dynamic DNS servers - "Get Automatically From ISP" Everything works just fine. My ISP has given me a static IP address and lists its DNS servers. Are there any advantages in actually entering the IP address and...
July 8th 03 01:11 AM
by Draxen Go to last post
0 699
Help! can't connect to router by malkz
I just upgraded from win98 to XP Pro on one of my machines that is connected to my Draytec 2600we router, since upgrading i can't connect to the router/internet using the wizards, or even trying to ping the router,,,i have the settings for automatic assigning of ip,,, I get a not found page when trying http://192.168.1.1 in a browser It must be something simple and obvious surely?? I'm still a...
July 8th 03 01:02 AM
by Clint Sharp Go to last post
5 1,263
Security and D-Link 504 DSL modem/router by Harry the Horse
Last week I bought a D-Link 504 ADSL modem. I set it up on my home network & it works perfectly :) How secure is the firewall using the default settings? I am not really a network person so I am unsure whether I should be considering making additional settings to make it more secure. TIA, -- HtH
July 8th 03 12:51 AM
by Harry the Horse Go to last post
2 863
Extention cabling by Mike Cawood
If I had broadband installed at home, what type of cable & extention sockets would I need? Mike --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.495 / Virus Database: 294 - Release Date: 30-Jun-03
July 8th 03 12:43 AM
by AW Barton Go to last post
6 934
e-mail by Martin Cooper
"me" wrote: maybe offtopic but here goes. right what i would like to do is be able to collect all mail ( 3 pop3 accounts ) on a main pc, and then my gf ( on her laptop ) can collect her mail from the main pc. Is this possible, and preferably free.
July 8th 03 12:08 AM
by Steve Go to last post
4 873
Help please - set up for g.shdsl routers by Nick
I'm trying to extend my dsl-enabled lan using Zyxel g.shdsl routers and (existing, privately owned) telephone cabling. Re-cabling with Cat 5 or wireless are not options. Wiring distance is about 500m. Can anyone point me (relative newbie) somewhere that I can find simple directions for the physical set-up. Have tried googling but without success. MTIA Nick.
July 7th 03 11:00 PM
by eusty Go to last post
2 757
Sar 715 Setup problem by The Vicar
In article , says... : Hi : : I have not got broadband yet but I am trying to setup my Sar 715 router in : preparation for the big day. I am currently working on Chapter 4 of the : manual : : "PPPoA Router Configuration for the UK". :
July 7th 03 10:02 PM
by Ellis Go to last post
1 753
Setting IP and DNS by eusty
Leave it as it is, although it's a static IP it's assigned by the ISP (but it's always the same!), some routers won't work if you assign it yourself. DNS servers can be assigned if you want to use a different pair. Brett... wrote: My router is currently set to dynamic IP address allocation and dynamic DNS servers - "Get Automatically From ISP" Everything works just fine. My ISP has...
July 7th 03 09:19 PM
by eusty Go to last post
0 684
pop3 bt by Pete
Hello ,, Can I pick up my btinternet PAYG account with outlook express using my V21 account? I cant seem to get it to work?
July 7th 03 08:16 PM
by Pete Go to last post
0 768
recommend good ADSL plz by Daniel Crichton
Colin Wilson wrote: Having been with PIPEX (ugh) for eight months I'm sick to the back teeth of their failing infrastructure - the mail server was down again last night - What time did you have a problem - I was checking every few minutes until ~2am and had one failed connection which worked immediately when I tried again. I keep thinking I must be...
July 7th 03 07:22 PM
by Dominic Pinto Go to last post
1 913
e-mail by ^^Flying Rat^^
me posted this... maybe offtopic but here goes. right what i would like to do is be able to collect all mail ( 3 pop3 accounts ) on a main pc, and then my gf ( on her laptop ) can collect her mail from the main pc. Is this possible, and preferably free. thanks in advance
July 7th 03 07:21 PM
by ^^Flying Rat^^ Go to last post
0 811
recommend good ADSL plz by Matthew J. Francis
On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:15:24 +0100, Gus wrote: So I'd say one one of 3 Nildram / Zen or AA. But up to you to make the choice. So ask the ISP what there future bandwidth plans are, how many new pipes have they accounted for in the next 6 months of there expansion. Time to get them to sell them selves. Hi,
July 7th 03 06:42 PM
by Matthew J. Francis Go to last post
0 996
Netgear DG814 firmware v4.7 - Still doesn't fix the time! by StephenD
Yes! at last someone else has the same problem as me. The only way I can keep my router alive is by setting my GF hairdryer to COLD and giving it a quick balst now and then. I dont suppose you have found a fix for this one??? please tell me you do. Cheers, StephenD
July 7th 03 04:53 PM
by Graham in Melton Go to last post
1 775
ntl 1Mb Package by Ged
I'm thinking of getting ntl's 1Mb package for home. I want to make sure my laptop pc and mac are both able to get online. The mac and pc are in different rooms and have been networked by ethernet cables to adsl before so should be OK to get online. Any helpful hints/sugegstions about what to think about? Laymans term please. ntl say the cable modem has just two 'outputs' - usb and 1...
July 7th 03 01:22 PM
by Ged Go to last post
0 748
When will ADSL come down in price ? by amstereofan
I realize there's been millions spend in investment blah de blah but when does anyone think ADSL will be somthing like 12- 15 a month and cheaper connection charge ? I think the current 64 is a bit of a rip off which you have to pay for the cheaper monthly deals ie fast4 etc -- Moderator of the AM Stereo Europe Forum http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amstereoforumeurope/ AM Stereo for the UK...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 7th 03 10:41 AM
by Alec McKenzie Go to last post
12 1,357
Router recommendations please ??? by Craig Henry
Hi, I am due to be getting a ADSL connection in August and am looking in to routers. I have a 3com 100baset switch linked to a network of machines with cat 5 cable and 3com 9015c's. I will be signing up with plusnet.
July 7th 03 10:16 AM
by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631 Go to last post
3 902
ADSL Line keeps dropping on a fax transmission by Graham
On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 19:08:43 +0100, Les Desser wrote: A client has recently installed ADSL on their fax line. However, whenever a fax is sent or received the ADSL line drops. Using a DG814. Suspecting a faulty filter, they installed a BT ADSL master socket from Clarity - still the same. They have now tried a different fax machine and still the same.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 7th 03 09:20 AM
by Les Desser Go to last post
12 1,329
Metro Net - pay as you go DSL by rw
I too am interested in Metronet, as are some friends. I emailed them as follows, and they replied (very quickly i might add). Just thought you mighy be interested. Any comments? Hello, Myself and several friends are very interested in your PayGoDSL service. We wondered how you are able to sustain such a service when BT charge ISPs 15 per month for an ADSL service. Obviously, we don't want to...
July 7th 03 04:35 AM
by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631 Go to last post
8 898
Experiement : hardware survey by Andy Jenkins
Hi all, I've just setup a very quick survey at http://shorl.com/benadrulykete which asks a couple of questions about what broadband hardware is being used by users, what ISP, what OS etc etc etc. I would like to see the results from what users are actually using, and when sufficient data is in the database, I will release a querying page where you could filter down on any of the fields and see...
July 7th 03 01:05 AM
by Michael Swift Go to last post
7 940
Splitter Advice :) by g00se
Bought an Ebuyer cheapy 1.99 filter on the off chance it might be okay - it is awful! Horrific buzz on the telephone line and the DSL keeps dropping out when it is connected through it. Please could I have recommendations of a splitter that works? The ones that Pipex sent to my parents house when I set their adsl up are perfect, but I can't find the manufacturer of them. Line Attenuation 38.9dB...
July 7th 03 12:52 AM
by MARKG7MVO Go to last post
5 910
Post New Thread