Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Just a quick question.......... by Shaun McCann
My exchange is being activated next week but I have seen something mentioned about a "ready for service" date. Does this mean that once my exchange is activated it is ready for service or is there normally a period of time between it's activation and it's being ready for service? Cheers, Shaun.
July 6th 03 10:19 PM
by Shaun McCann Go to last post
1 756
Ready for service date? by Craig L
Hi. My local exchange (Risca, Gwent) has been given a Ready For Service date of July 16th. Does this mean that I can actually have broadband on the 16th or is that the date the BT engineers go in and start? If so how long will it normally take to fit the ADSL gear? TIA. Cheers.
July 6th 03 05:29 PM
by Craig L Go to last post
3 862
D-Link DSL-504 by Urban Bettag
Hi! I had several times problems to get my router working with Clara.Net. First, I had the Zoom X3 and then I bought a D-Link DSL-504 (a router listed/recommended on their web site). Initially the Zoom X3 worked fine without any problems, but suddenly the connection was dropped after a while (it varried from 3 to 30 minutes). I then decided to change the router and bought a D-Link router.
July 6th 03 04:57 PM
by Urban Bettag Go to last post
2 890
'extended reach' ADSL trials by Michael Chare
Have the 'extended reach' ADSL trials started? If so, can anyone report their experience. BT start accepting applications from ISPs on 9th July. Michael Chare
July 6th 03 04:49 PM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
0 670
router by PJJ
looking @ origo ASR 8400 any good ? all coments app thanks in advance
July 6th 03 04:15 PM
by Martin Cooper Go to last post
1 805
bt mail on v21 by Pete
Hello can I pick up my old bt mail account through my V21 account?
July 6th 03 01:59 PM
by Colin Wilson Go to last post
1 857
Can anyone help? Telewest Broadband availablility by EK Driver
My situation is, Telewest cable is available to my street, but only up to the house in front of mine, BT has no plan to upgrade our exchange in the near future, neither of them provide broadband services to my house. I have been kept asking telewest about the possiblility of getting connection they have sent people around to investigate for a couple of times and they once offered me a deal as if...
July 6th 03 01:53 PM
by Francis John Armstrong Go to last post
1 643
Lost usb modem functionality on home network by Paul Noga
I've just installed a new NIC on another machine to this one and decided to network the two up using a crossover cable so I ran the windows XP network setup wizard to set up internet connection sharing and file sharing. On completion I'd completely lost the functionality of my USB modem. For some reason although the config software was saying it was trained and waiting, when I clicked on the...
July 6th 03 12:02 PM
by [email protected] writeme.com Go to last post
1 1,038
How long does an activation date take? by Robert Woolley
On Fri, 06 Jun 2003 21:16:54 +0100, Monty wrote: On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 20:32:18 +0100, "Bu11et" wrote: Signed up with Zen, online order tracking tells me, Waiting for activation/appointment date from BT
July 6th 03 10:53 AM
by Robert Woolley Go to last post
0 684
Adding a wireless connection by Phil Thomas
Hi guys I would appreciate a little assistance. I have the D-Link DSL 504 up and running with a home network but I now need to connect up a laptop and would like to use a wireless approach. What kit can I get to plug into the back of the router to enable the wireless connection? the laptop will be the other end of the house Any help is appreciated
July 6th 03 10:11 AM
by Uncle Wobbly Go to last post
1 756
how big can exchanges be? by was gio, now vinnieza
Can a exchange which has broadband only be in a 5.5km radius? so a town with a 11km radius to cover it all will be made into two exchanges. thanx sorry about the wording.
July 5th 03 10:09 PM
by Chris Jones Go to last post
2 706
Replacing Attenna On Wireless Access Point by Uncle Wobbly
I have seen kits to locate the aerials on bits of cable to cover blind spots etc... some WLAPs even support "Diversity mode" (both aerials) or you can select which it uses... this is (AIUI) primarily to allow a single antenna to be located away from the unit but the WLAP to be in an office somewhere. (near the ethernet) "Tiny Ramsden" wrote in...
July 5th 03 09:46 PM
by Uncle Wobbly Go to last post
0 694
Replacing Attenna On Wireless Access Point by The Natural Philosopher
Nigel Mercier wrote: In uk.telecom.broadband, Dean wrote: i found this, http://www.wireless.org.au/~jhecker/helix/helical.html I'd be worried about the SWR of home-brew designs, too high and it can blow up the transmitter.
July 5th 03 09:38 PM
by The Natural Philosopher Go to last post
1 741
Which satellite ISP? (BT exchange 5.5km, no ADSL,) by Phil
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 21:29:48 +0100, "Uncle Wobbly" wrote: soz 'bout the extra post... finger trouble ;o) LOL, If it's any comfort, it'll get worse as you get older BG Phil
July 5th 03 07:56 PM
by Phil Go to last post
0 660
Which satellite ISP? (BT exchange 5.5km, no ADSL,) by Phil
On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 20:05:30 +0100, Alex Heney wrote: It's not just Zen. Thanks Alex. Do you know who the others are? Phil
July 5th 03 07:56 PM
by Phil Go to last post
0 552
Which satellite ISP? (BT exchange 5.5km, no ADSL,) by Phil
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 21:28:57 +0100, "Uncle Wobbly" wrote: I heard tonight (not had time to authenticate it but a neighbour got an email from them) zen are looking for 1000 places around the UK that are in a DSL enabled area but too far from the exchange to trial a new extended reach RADSL - check it out. Thanks a lot. A lot of folk (apart from BT) are putting a lot...
July 5th 03 07:56 PM
by Phil Go to last post
0 623
Which satellite ISP? (BT exchange 5.5km, no ADSL,) by Phil
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 12:38:40 +0100, simon howe wrote: try www.adslguide.org for info on Bts new reach trial(60db) Many thanks Simon, Apologies for my late reply. I have been away for a few days. Phil
July 5th 03 07:56 PM
by Phil Go to last post
0 607
Line Noise by johnydeath
"Chris Bond" wrote in message ... I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to the tech side of broadband. Through various post and articles I've heard that line noise should'nt be over 55db for a good BB service. So imagine my concern when I saw this summary page while logged into the Dlink 504 router i'm using. ...
July 5th 03 03:11 PM
by johnydeath Go to last post
0 759
etec router and email problems by djbateman
hi, ive just installed an etec router and ive got mine and my mums computer running fine over the broadband, the problem however appears when we try to send email with outlook express using our talk21.com accounts. i get the following error: "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '. Subject...
July 5th 03 03:04 PM
by Mugwump Go to last post
2 947
Bonded uplink on ADSL via Linux by Alex
Rev Adrian Kennard wrote: I would happily pay for a Firebrick if I could find some way of justifying it but 1000 for the pro version is not going to be realistic for home use, 916.50, but watch this space... Is that because the price is coming down or because you're about to announce the rental price? Or something else?
July 5th 03 01:18 PM
by Alex Go to last post
1 759
Post New Thread