Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Which satellite ISP? (BT exchange 5.5km, no ADSL,) by Phil
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 12:38:40 +0100, simon howe wrote: try www.adslguide.org for info on Bts new reach trial(60db) Many thanks Simon, Apologies for my late reply. I have been away for a few days. Phil
July 5th 03 08:56 PM
by Phil Go to last post
0 622
Line Noise by johnydeath
"Chris Bond" wrote in message ... I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to the tech side of broadband. Through various post and articles I've heard that line noise should'nt be over 55db for a good BB service. So imagine my concern when I saw this summary page while logged into the Dlink 504 router i'm using. ...
July 5th 03 04:11 PM
by johnydeath Go to last post
0 793
etec router and email problems by djbateman
hi, ive just installed an etec router and ive got mine and my mums computer running fine over the broadband, the problem however appears when we try to send email with outlook express using our talk21.com accounts. i get the following error: "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '. Subject...
July 5th 03 04:04 PM
by Mugwump Go to last post
2 967
Bonded uplink on ADSL via Linux by Alex
Rev Adrian Kennard wrote: I would happily pay for a Firebrick if I could find some way of justifying it but 1000 for the pro version is not going to be realistic for home use, 916.50, but watch this space... Is that because the price is coming down or because you're about to announce the rental price? Or something else?
July 5th 03 02:18 PM
by Alex Go to last post
1 776
FAO Freedom2Surf Users by Freedom2Support.net
Hiya Everbody, I'm Justin Johnson from Freedom2Support, the Freedom2Surf Users run community website, and I just wanted to let users know about it. We offer in depth resources on everything related to Freedom2Surf, Including how to guides on ADSL Broadband, Email, Webspace and much much more, we have around 20 tutorials on all aspects of the Freedom2Surf Service, and FAQ's to answer your most...
July 5th 03 10:29 AM
by David Griffin Go to last post
2 854
Line Noise by Lek
Rule of thumb is..... Get your head down to the phone point (NTE5) and listen VERY carefully..... if you hear the seaside then you are stuffed !! :( "Chris Bond" wrote in message ... I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to the tech side of broadband.
July 5th 03 07:57 AM
by Uncle Wobbly Go to last post
1 855
Line Noise by Old Codger
"Graham" wrote in message ... The signal to noise ratio (SNR) is 4.5dB which doesn't sound a lot but the dB scale is logrythmic so 4.5dB means the signal is about 4 to 5 times louder than the line moise
July 4th 03 11:13 PM
by Old Codger Go to last post
0 741
Any clever bod want to help? by Jik Ronson
Trust me - post in the solwise forum. You'll get an email quite quickly I'm sure :-) Once you set the rule - BTW - you have to commit it to keep it. Rules are same for any other server, just alter the port and target machine :-) (and increase the rule number) "Buzz on Lappy" wrote in message ... ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 4th 03 11:11 PM
by Jik Ronson Go to last post
11 1,126
Line Noise by Uncle Wobbly
worth mentioning here... I have a "higher than acceptable" level (I am 5.66 KM from the exchange) but I had mine put in by an engineer when ADSL was still quite novel. I failed the woosh test but the dsl was there and worked and the engineer said that if it was a problem "they'd have to come and take it out" 20months later, still here and fine... My point here is that if you contact BT about it...
July 4th 03 10:58 PM
by Uncle Wobbly Go to last post
0 789
SAGEM Fast modem problem by Gregor Spowart
Martin Cooper wrote in message ... (Gregor Spowart) wrote: SNIP Hi, not sure this will help, but I have had similar problems with win2k, and have resolved them by selecting the 'my computer' icon (I think, I'm not on win2k ATM so cannot check) then right clicking and selecting the...
July 4th 03 09:56 PM
by Martin Cooper Go to last post
1 824
Lottery fund and ADSL by Nick
Simon wrote: With the coffers of the lottery swelling to the sum of 3.1billion, I think all those without an ADSL enabled exchange should fill in one of the lottery grant forms. You never know, if a few hundred people filled them in someone might get lucky. Get your forms from here : http://www.c-f.org.uk/funding-your-project/forms-and-guidance/what-forms/ind
July 4th 03 09:10 PM
by Mark Lewis Go to last post
1 741
Broadband drop out by Chris Bond
Every night this week my broadband connection has dropped at 10pm I'm curently with Tiscali. Anyone else on Tiscali having this problem? Thanks Chris
July 4th 03 07:48 PM
by Chris Bond Go to last post
0 673
Netgear's DG814 ADSL Router by Alan
yes it does. "Mike" duab wrote in message ... http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=233 Is this adequate for a Zen 8 IP account with No NAT ? Anyone know if this router has an option to turn NAT on or off, whether it has a hardware reset and if it supports non-NAT public subnets - multiple public IP...
July 4th 03 07:45 PM
by Alan Go to last post
0 908
Force9 / Plusnet problems by Jik Ronson
My view was no ISP is perfect. No company is perfect. Why? Becuase they are run by people who ain't perfect. Ive had minor problems with plusnet - but in fairness, the 3 minor problems were all my own doing. I think the tech guys - who if you speak to them on the phone seem reasonable and helpful enough, assume all the basic kid-proof errors are checked as per all the FAQ guides etc, and it must...
July 4th 03 06:36 PM
by Jik Ronson Go to last post
0 858
Wireless broadband by Jeff Duntemann
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:47:37 +0100, Jennifer Moore wrote: hi Andrew & everyone re wireless I have found very little info on this subject other than the product vendors who seem to be understandably geared towards the business community rather than individual users.
July 4th 03 06:35 PM
by Jeff Duntemann Go to last post
0 706
Apologies to Jik by Jik Ronson
Oh Trust me Buzz - Im a fool. It took me 2 weeks to get the thing to work :-) "Buzz" wrote in message ... I said what you suggested didn't work, I did it wrong and forgot to put the external IP address. Once I did that, it worked fine! Plus, using your guides, I was able to open other ports on the main machine, and also...
July 4th 03 06:12 PM
by Jik Ronson Go to last post
0 741
Vigor 2600 firewall facility by scofer
Hello, Is the firewall on the vigor 2600 adsl router any good? Does it have many features? For instance, could I say, close all ports in one go and enable only the ports I want open? Any feedback on this would be appreciated. Thanks.
July 4th 03 06:00 PM
by Hiram Hackenbacker Go to last post
1 832
Port Blocking on BTBroadband ? by Destinations Couriers
That may be the case for BTO, but I'm specifically talking about BTB. They don't provide a mail service, so to block port 25 incoming effectively denies me *ALL* direct mail. - Steve Steve The blocking of port 25 should not affect any other email services that you
July 4th 03 05:25 PM
by Uncle Wobbly Go to last post
2 936
BT Broadband trigger scam by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 22:51, "Mark" wrote: sorry url didnt go through correctly maybe easier to use http://makeashorterlink.com/?E25165725 :)
July 4th 03 04:16 PM
by Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631 Go to last post
0 845
Lottery fund and ADSL by Mark Lewis
"Simon" wrote: With the coffers of the lottery swelling to the sum of 3.1billion how much would it cost to upgrade all the exchanges in the UK ? About 5000 remaining exchanges at about 250k each = 1.2 billion. If BT put up half then 0.6 billion, a small sum in national infrastructure terms. However the really grievous failure has been the slowness...
July 4th 03 01:13 PM
by Hiram Hackenbacker Go to last post
1 749
Post New Thread