Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Public IP's on local Lan question by Tony Lewis
Andrews & Arnold have allocated a number of public IP's on a subnet mask 255.255.255.224, and have recommended to use the IP's on the lan machines (ie no NAT). My usual experience has been to use the non-routable range of IP's eg 192.168.x.x and NAT on the router. There are a number of machines that do not require internet access. Can they be given IP numbers outside of the supplied range and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 8th 03 12:45 PM
by Tony Lewis Go to last post
14 1,597
Cheap wireless Router in UK by Graham in Melton
Looking for advice really .... I have my own setup * a mixture of Draytek and Netgear, all quite old and expensive at the time, but I am trying to help out a friend. I am looking for a wireless router * cheap is the issue. 802.11b * forget g etc as they╣ll never use the extra capacity Wireless interface plus one ethernet WAN connection for a local PC. The broadband connection is a Blueyonder...
July 8th 03 12:28 PM
by rw Go to last post
1 1,034
Vigor2600We setup by Andrew Hall
Hi all, None to suprisingly Im back and stuck with my broadband setup. Having bought the Draytek Vigor 2600We I have attached all cables as per the instructions Im unable to access the internet. All the lights on the vigor are correctly lit and I even have a small symbol on my taskbar stating that a 100Mbps LAN connection is available. I have tried running the Smartwizard from the supplied...
July 8th 03 11:48 AM
by Andrew Hall Go to last post
5 913
Disconnecting 3 to 4 time per hour !! by John Steele
"Ian" wrote in message ... Hi group, I'm with Pipex and for the last year and a half I've had NO problems . But in the last 2 months I'm now getting disconnected more and more often Ie: 3 or 4 times per hour. I thought it was the conexant 4 port router to blame but i've now borrowed another router and...
July 8th 03 11:34 AM
by John Steele Go to last post
0 730
Working out subnetmask by HonkyDog
Hi all, not sure if this is the right fora, but it's related to my continued 'fight' :P with my 510v4 so hopefully someone may have the answer. I've got 14 static IP's but and not sure what the subnetmask would need to be after the initial IP (the gateway) is added to the config file. According to Eclipses Multi static IP example 6 IP's have the netmask of /29 i.e. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/29
July 8th 03 10:37 AM
by HonkyDog Go to last post
0 718
ADSL Gateway and server issues by HonkyDog
Hi all, I've got a bit of a weird one - so any insights would most definitely be gladly received :P The issue is this, got a Thomson 510v4 router PPPoA is set to 81.xxx.xxx.65 no PAT eth0 is set to 10.0.0.1 no PAT with the rest of my IP allocation added to the route table pointing to eth0 - source ANY - (81.xxx.xxx.66 - 81.xxx.xxx.78)
July 8th 03 07:35 AM
by HonkyDog Go to last post
2 870
DLink 300G+ and Demon, problems by Tony Stanley
I'm using the 300G+ and Demon, no problems after getting the buffalo wireless router to accept its DHCP address. Very reliable now, not a glitch for months. Sounds like faulty modem. -- Tony Stanley ++Always Learning++ "Bob Evans" wrote in message ...
July 8th 03 01:34 AM
by Tony Stanley Go to last post
0 814
Looking for a usenet archive by Draxen
I'm looking for a site that archives newsgroup articles in a similar way to groups.google.com Specifically I need to pull some replies that were posted to alt.games.battlefield1942 a couple of weeks ago. Zen's server was still having delivery / expiry problems then. Oddly enough that group doesn't seem to be archived at the Google archive :(
July 8th 03 12:16 AM
by Draxen Go to last post
0 655
Setting IP and DNS by Draxen
"Brett..." wrote in message ... My router is currently set to dynamic IP address allocation and dynamic DNS servers - "Get Automatically From ISP" Everything works just fine. My ISP has given me a static IP address and lists its DNS servers. Are there any advantages in actually entering the IP address and...
July 8th 03 12:11 AM
by Draxen Go to last post
0 731
Help! can't connect to router by malkz
I just upgraded from win98 to XP Pro on one of my machines that is connected to my Draytec 2600we router, since upgrading i can't connect to the router/internet using the wizards, or even trying to ping the router,,,i have the settings for automatic assigning of ip,,, I get a not found page when trying http://192.168.1.1 in a browser It must be something simple and obvious surely?? I'm still a...
July 8th 03 12:02 AM
by Clint Sharp Go to last post
5 1,345
Security and D-Link 504 DSL modem/router by Harry the Horse
Last week I bought a D-Link 504 ADSL modem. I set it up on my home network & it works perfectly :) How secure is the firewall using the default settings? I am not really a network person so I am unsure whether I should be considering making additional settings to make it more secure. TIA, -- HtH
July 7th 03 11:51 PM
by Harry the Horse Go to last post
2 890
Extention cabling by Mike Cawood
If I had broadband installed at home, what type of cable & extention sockets would I need? Mike --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.495 / Virus Database: 294 - Release Date: 30-Jun-03
July 7th 03 11:43 PM
by AW Barton Go to last post
6 978
e-mail by Martin Cooper
"me" wrote: maybe offtopic but here goes. right what i would like to do is be able to collect all mail ( 3 pop3 accounts ) on a main pc, and then my gf ( on her laptop ) can collect her mail from the main pc. Is this possible, and preferably free.
July 7th 03 11:08 PM
by Steve Go to last post
4 936
Help please - set up for g.shdsl routers by Nick
I'm trying to extend my dsl-enabled lan using Zyxel g.shdsl routers and (existing, privately owned) telephone cabling. Re-cabling with Cat 5 or wireless are not options. Wiring distance is about 500m. Can anyone point me (relative newbie) somewhere that I can find simple directions for the physical set-up. Have tried googling but without success. MTIA Nick.
July 7th 03 10:00 PM
by eusty Go to last post
2 781
Sar 715 Setup problem by The Vicar
In article , says... : Hi : : I have not got broadband yet but I am trying to setup my Sar 715 router in : preparation for the big day. I am currently working on Chapter 4 of the : manual : : "PPPoA Router Configuration for the UK". :
July 7th 03 09:02 PM
by Ellis Go to last post
1 793
Setting IP and DNS by eusty
Leave it as it is, although it's a static IP it's assigned by the ISP (but it's always the same!), some routers won't work if you assign it yourself. DNS servers can be assigned if you want to use a different pair. Brett... wrote: My router is currently set to dynamic IP address allocation and dynamic DNS servers - "Get Automatically From ISP" Everything works just fine. My ISP has...
July 7th 03 08:19 PM
by eusty Go to last post
0 720
pop3 bt by Pete
Hello ,, Can I pick up my btinternet PAYG account with outlook express using my V21 account? I cant seem to get it to work?
July 7th 03 07:16 PM
by Pete Go to last post
0 795
recommend good ADSL plz by Daniel Crichton
Colin Wilson wrote: Having been with PIPEX (ugh) for eight months I'm sick to the back teeth of their failing infrastructure - the mail server was down again last night - What time did you have a problem - I was checking every few minutes until ~2am and had one failed connection which worked immediately when I tried again. I keep thinking I must be...
July 7th 03 06:22 PM
by Dominic Pinto Go to last post
1 986
e-mail by ^÷^Flying Rat^÷^
me posted this... maybe offtopic but here goes. right what i would like to do is be able to collect all mail ( 3 pop3 accounts ) on a main pc, and then my gf ( on her laptop ) can collect her mail from the main pc. Is this possible, and preferably free. thanks in advance
July 7th 03 06:21 PM
by ^÷^Flying Rat^÷^ Go to last post
0 832
recommend good ADSL plz by Matthew J. Francis
On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:15:24 +0100, Gus wrote: So I'd say one one of 3 Nildram / Zen or AA. But up to you to make the choice. So ask the ISP what there future bandwidth plans are, how many new pipes have they accounted for in the next 6 months of there expansion. Time to get them to sell them selves. Hi,
July 7th 03 05:42 PM
by Matthew J. Francis Go to last post
0 1,038
Post New Thread