Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 02:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 20,604
no engaged tone by Mick
I have a Sipura 1001 ATA on my voip.co.uk account (with a sipgate account on as a secoind line) The voip account is the prime account set as default. I have realised that if I dioal a number and the number is engaged, i get not engaged tone (or anything else) to indicate such. I have tested this by dialling the same number with a mobile. I'm no techie, but I wondered if anybody knows of any...
January 3rd 07 06:53 PM
by Mick Go to last post
8 277
Finarea (18185, 1899, 18866) Should Offer 07744 Access by [email protected]
Finarea (18185, 1899, 18866) are missing a trick by not offering a 07744 access number. They currently offer the 18185, 1899, and 18866 Carrier Selection numbers for BT lines, and 0800 and 0208 numbers for access from non BT landlines and from mobiles. 07744 access numbers can be used out of inclusive mobile minutes for Orange, T-Mobile and Virgin customers (while o2 customers have inclusive...
January 3rd 07 06:31 PM
by Aaron B Go to last post
4 245
Callthru by Roger
Is there a way for me to call one of my sip numbers from my mobile and use the same account or another sip account to dial on to another (PSTN) number - either using one of my sipuras (spa1001 or spa2000) or one of the free web based pbxs? Thanks Roger.
January 3rd 07 09:36 AM
by Roger Go to last post
7 244
Call Settings and stuff. by Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk )
I'm sure many folks have fiddled around with call settings and come up with better than default settings. Could anyone advise on typical settings that work "better" over Blueyonder cable connection with most calls going via voipcheap.com e.g. packet size from 10ms to 60ms (20ms being default) Currently (this evening) results are pretty poor at 3.6 on testyourvoip.com (Didn't check it in...
January 3rd 07 08:11 AM
by Brian A Go to last post
1 224
SIP software for MDA Vario? by Anti Spam Bloke
x-posted to: uk.telecom.mobile I have an MDA Vario (http://www.coolsmartphone.com/article479.html) and am trying to find software that will allow it to make/receive calls over WiLan using SIP. There's an old release of software I spotted called the SJPhone (http://www.skype-news.com/item/?x=546720 ), but I don't believe it will work with the hardware, as I'm not using any of the advertised...
January 2nd 07 10:38 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 204
Voip stunt by Nigel
Hi, I am looking for a usb phone that will work with voip stunt?? I did buy a s-lite L 1545 from Argos but that will not work with it. I only want to spend about 30 to 40. thank-you.
January 2nd 07 10:10 AM
by Paul Go to last post
8 228
voip.co.uk - billing now sorted by Bypass
Just got my email from technical support saying that they've resolved the billing and Yearly Pack issues. They've credited my account with all the 'overcharged' calls, and as a goodwill gesture made an additional payment 'as a token of our appreciation of your patience'. Good on them.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 1st 07 10:14 PM
by Ian Smith Go to last post
41 650
VAT inclusive prices when selling to the public. ASA ruling. by Harry Stottle
There have been several discussions in various newsgroups recently about if companies are obliged to quote VAT inclusive prices when advertising goods or items for sale to the general public. The main objectors against quoting VAT inclusive prices have been companies that sell to other companies, but who also sell to the general public, and their argument was that because they do not have to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
January 1st 07 03:59 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
29 1,172
VOIPCheap.co.uk Free New Year SMS messages by Brian Gregory [UK]
I decided to use this offer to send my happy new year SMSs this year and included myself in the list however nothing has come through yet. I'm very annoyed. What is the point if the message arrives later than if I had sent it manually, probably waking people who have already gone to bed. I've even been able to send another test message from the VOIPcheap program and it arrived in only a few...
January 1st 07 03:24 PM
by Scope Go to last post
2 334
VOIP-Buster nummbers free with Talk-Talk? by PavaRodney
Can someone tell me if ringing to the English numbers of Voip-Buster are free at abbonement of Onetel (Talk-Talk)? It concerns numbers as 056028802 ** In advance thanks for your responses Rodney
January 1st 07 12:37 PM
by Brian Go to last post
4 532
X-lite - who's calling? by Henry Hooray
My X-lite has been set up for two different voip numbers, from two different companies. I don't seem to be able to tell which of the two numbers is being called when somebody makes a call to either number. Is there a way?
December 31st 06 01:29 PM
by Henry Hooray Go to last post
0 287
Skype Adapter by Etthel The Other Frog
I know some people here do not like Skype. Putting that to one side! Does anyone know of an adapter that I can plug a normal phone into which plugs into a standard phone socket and my router allowing me to make phone calls either via the standard line or Skype without the need for a PC? Thanx
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 30th 06 12:23 PM
by dj Go to last post
36 1,050
ATA Settings by {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
Thus spaketh : Anyone got the pap2 settings for voip.co.uk ? . Thanks in advance I have emailed support twice this week but got no response. Try: Proxy: proxy.voip.co.uk User ID: VoIP.co.uk Username Password: VoIP.co.uk password
December 30th 06 09:56 AM
by Herman Go to last post
1 279
Sipgate down or is it just me ? by
My Sipgate phone doesn't seem to be working tonight ... is it just me ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 29th 06 04:40 PM
by Go to last post
32 845
Advice on router QoS for voip.co.uk by Kabads
I've never managed to get voip.co.uk working properly and my contract is up for renewal in February (IIRC) and I would like to get it working reliably before February to renew. I'm currently experiencing dropped and poor call quality, which I think is due to improper config of QoS on my DSL router. My set-up is represented thus: ADSL -- router -- voip MTA (supplied by voip.co.uk) -- DECT...
December 29th 06 03:00 PM
by Kabads Go to last post
7 229
Alternative to Skype for multiple homeworkers by Jon
We have been trialling using Skype for our homeworkers who make a lot of short calls. It works reasonably well and the Skype toolbar which allows us to click on any phone number displayed in Internet Explorer and automatically dial it is invaluable. We would not want to lose this facility. However the facilities to manage the accounts is very poor. For example, whilst we can allocate money...
December 28th 06 02:05 PM
by Thomas Kenyon Go to last post
7 349
voip technology by ri
Are voip calls to land lines a long distance international calls or do they travel through the internet as far as to the target country? Regards Mariusz -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 26th 06 05:26 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
13 390
FS: BT Home Hub Phone by jpd1977uk
Im sellling a BT Home Hub Phone. I'm after 40 Inc Special Delivery. Payment by Cash deposit/Bank Transfer. Email is valid.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 26th 06 04:30 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
16 326
Free UK VoIP Telephone Numbers by [email protected]
Free UK Telephone Numbers DDI / DID We are able to supply our customers with the following UK DDI/DIDs' free of charge and no setup fee, numbers are available in both blocks of 10 to 100 and also single numbers for end users. Prefix: * 0870 * 0871
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
December 26th 06 02:13 PM
by Mr Man Go to last post
28 440
OT but seasonal..! by Ivor Jones
Hi All, Merry Christmas etc. to all here, hope things go ok for you all over the festive (hic..!) season. A little late I know, but I only just got told about this myself..! This is my friend Eve Selis from California, singing a rather beautiful carol:
December 24th 06 11:35 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
4 195
Post New Thread