Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 03:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 23,353
Vonage - X-Lite by Anti Spam Bloke
Anyknow know, please, if Vonage can be used with X-Lite and what the settings are?
January 20th 07 09:53 AM
by Anti Spam Bloke Go to last post
2 333
Vonage 5.99 offer - No fax available? by Anti Spam Bloke
The above six month offer seems to proclude the ability to setup a fax line from within an account. Anyone?
January 19th 07 11:31 PM
by Anti Spam Bloke Go to last post
0 299
Nokia N80 and VoipStunt/Buster ? by J-A-K-E
Anyone managed to get a Nokia N80 to work with Voipstunt or Voipbuster I have tried various settings with no luck Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
January 19th 07 09:46 PM
by Jim! Go to last post
1 275
VSPs allowing BT number porting? by Linker3000
wrote: On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 16:28:22 GMT, Mike wrote: On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 12:21:55 GMT, wrote: voip.co.uk ported my Vonage number over to them last week free of charge and it was all sorted in less than four hours probably take longer with a BT line though . voip.co.uk would be one of my preferred...
January 19th 07 07:33 PM
by Tim Go to last post
6 438
advise please by Johnnie Scott
I am using voipcheap at present via PC. I am about to purchase a three way dect/amswerphone set. Can someone please help me choose a unit that would do the job using both normal BT line plus Voipcheap on the same handset Thanks John
January 19th 07 03:31 PM
by Tim Go to last post
7 378
X-Lite question by Anti Spam Bloke
Is it possible to get X-Lite to work with 18866, et al? Thanks
January 19th 07 12:24 PM
by Brian A Go to last post
3 351
SPA3102 vs Frizbox 7050? by Alastair
I am based in UK and just starting to look at hardware. Seems to me both these devices are getting good notices in this group. Which is better for UK use? Any views please? --
January 19th 07 12:18 PM
by Brian A Go to last post
7 425
Orange SPV M3100 and msn messenger ? by Paul
orange business website says this doesnt work, does it ? paul
January 18th 07 10:31 PM
by Joao Saraiva Go to last post
1 233
Does the fritzbox have Parental control? by Adam Lipscombe
Folks, Does the fritzbox have parental control software? If not what is a decent VOIP router that does, preferably with the TI AR7 chipset? Many thanks - Adam
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 18th 07 04:55 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
14 561
Cheapest Linksys SPA3102 by Yaz
Am looking to buy an SPA 3102, Where is the cheapest place ot buy this at the moment, or would it be worth waiting till after Xmas? My main reason is to introduce Free local number incoming Telephone line at home. Yaz
January 18th 07 10:46 AM
by Yaz Go to last post
5 413
sipgate - good or bad with a netgear ta612v voice adapter ? by Paul
I bought the adapter today from staples for 9.50 any comments on the adaptor and sipgate ? regards paul
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 18th 07 10:29 AM
by Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ) Go to last post
14 625
Are you interesting in miniSipServer? by Hongtian
We are the developers of miniSipServer. Our company is MyVoipApp. We are looking forward to any comments or requirements about this SIP server. If you are interesting in it, please download the software from http://www.myvoipapp.com. It is a green software and what you shall do is just unzip the package and run it. :) After you try this software, please mail us your comments. Any comments are...
January 18th 07 05:53 AM
by Hongtian Go to last post
4 290
Outgrown my 2 Voip lines need a new router by Paul -M-
Im currently using a Linksys WRT54G-P2 for both of my current lines. Is there any other routers out there that will work with my cable connection and provide another 5 or 6 Voip lines ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
January 18th 07 01:04 AM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
23 683
Poor quaity via voip by 807
I have 10 meg BB connection, but at times the quality via voip to say voipcheap, voipbuster etc etc is very poor in the fact it breaks up. Is this down to just over congestion. I have to revert to my land line at times. It stops me changing over completely. Do others get this ?.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 17th 07 10:00 PM
by Jono Go to last post
14 417
Netgear WPN824 v2 & VOIP/SIP - Not working! by Mark
I have a voip.co.uk account and am on a Telewest broadband connection. I use a Netgear WPN824 v2 router connected to the cable modem. I have tried using the X-Lite softphone or an Atcom 168 ATA and with both, I can place calls using voip.co.uk. However, with neither can I receive any calls using voip.co.uk. Every time I try, the router simply re-boots itself and I get a invalid number...
January 16th 07 08:35 PM
by Jono Go to last post
1 316
Echo on calls by [email protected]
Hi I'm all new to this and need some help. I've got a PAP2T and Voip.co.uk for a few weeks (i'm on sky BB with netgear router). When i make calls, i get a couple of issues which i can't seem to resolve: -an echo on my voice -the person i'm calling says they can't hear my echo, but can hear their voice echo a bit -the person i'm calling says that i sound distant/or like i'm in a big room...
January 16th 07 11:07 AM
by Brian A Go to last post
5 445
High cost of overseas calls with voiptalk.co.uk and VAT double-whammy by Charlie
I've been using voiptalk for a couple of days in order to see how I get on with it. I'm surprised at the high cost of calls, in comparison with the traditional low-cost calling companies, where you use your BT line to route calls via a low-cost provider. I'm new to VOIP - are voiptalk's costs higher than average or are they the norm? My calls are to Asia and are costing 7p per minute with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 16th 07 02:25 AM
by andy Go to last post
11 620
voip.co.uk & SIP to SIP by -=Falcon=-
Lo all I have an SPA3012, which is primarily registered with Voxalot(.com). I also have a voip.co.uk account, which is registered with Voxalot. I can make calls from my handset, to UK (and other) PSTN numbers, and Voxalot handles them ok, passing them to voip.co.uk. I can make SIP to SIP /PSTN calls via ENUM (Voxalot uses SipBroker), or call SIP providers using the SipBroker * codes.
January 15th 07 07:54 PM
by Brian Go to last post
5 389
Call Manager by Cristiano Cesaretto
Hi all. I have been using Voipbuster and some months ago I wrote a software to check whether I exceeded the 300 minutes limit. Now it is available to anyone. It works with Voipbuster, Voipstunt, Voipcheap.com, Voipcheap.co.uk, Internetcalls.com Basically it downloads calls details from the website and stores them into your computer where they can be filtered. A new version is going to be...
January 15th 07 05:31 PM
by Mike Sun Go to last post
5 501
simple question by Ajay
Hi all, I am very new to VOIP/SIP and using pjsip stack in making the VOIP application.I have compiled the program and got PJSUA.EXE which seems to have high functionalities if u run via command prompt..i have following questions: 1. This EXE is a client base exe or server bases EXE? do i have to setup a server if this is a server based EXE or localhost will do in case of demo?
January 15th 07 04:14 PM
by Hongtian Go to last post
2 254
Post New Thread