Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 02:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 21,102
New 'No PC' phone for Skype fans by Brian A
It is well known that I am not particularly a fan of Skype but for those of you that are here is some news.. I heard this on the U.S. 'Tell Me' service. At CES, in Las Vegas, Skype have announced 12 new phones and accessories. One of these phones does NOT require a computer to be switched on - it connects to a router and to PSTN. I guess that it will be a cordless system but I don't...
January 10th 07 07:38 PM
by Brian A Go to last post
0 299
I need a cross-platform softphone by Stan
I need a Java-based cross-platform softphone. I have found several Java softphones by cruising the 'Net, but they all say they are for Windows only. Background/Tale of Woe/Warning to the unwary: I intended to set up a VoIP capability using an adapter and analog phone, so purchased a Linksys PAP2T-NA (the "NA" means it's unlocked), and opened an account with VOIPcheap; I configured the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 10th 07 11:53 AM
by Stan Go to last post
15 445
Three N73 - Question by Anti Spam Bloke
Anyone got SIP working on it, yet?
January 9th 07 08:38 PM
by Anti Spam Bloke Go to last post
0 157
Porting Vonage numbers by Herman
Vonage number apparently succesfully ported to voip.co.uk today. Let's see if it stays that way! --
January 9th 07 07:42 PM
by Herman Go to last post
9 240
VoipDiscount free trial not working? by hioniam
Hi and Happy the New Year I tried today for the first time the free trial call at voipdiscount.com but is not working Although I try to call to destinations like Australia or Canada that are in the "free list" I keep getting back the message:
January 8th 07 07:10 PM
by hioniam Go to last post
0 169
Polycom VPA-11 ATA (as sold on eBay) by PeterW
The Polycom VPA-11 SIP ATA which has been selling for UKP 19.99 on eBay has quite a lot of features for the price. There is a technical help forum available at: http://pluscom.cn/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=46 which has a copy of the User manual and a bugfix for a UK ringtone problem. The device has a fallback PSTN port which can also be dialled out through (prefix the number with "#" in the...
January 8th 07 05:32 PM
by PeterW Go to last post
2 462
Unhappy
BT Broadband & lnksys PAP2 by olavtheviking
I have recently purchased an unlocked Linksys PAP2 voip adaptor, as I wish to use BT BB talk, using my Bt broadband connection, I have connected this device as per the set up instructions to my Linksys router (wireless G Gateway, model WPC54G) Alas there is no broadband dial tone on the phone? I have a steady power LED and a steady ethernet LED but no phone 1 or phone 2 LED on the voip adapter....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 8th 07 04:39 PM
by Graham Go to last post
10 422
Sipgate down? by Will Kemp
Is Sipgate down today or is it just me? I can't log into their web site - i just get the "logging in" thing and nothing happens. My ATA (Billion router) can't register, either. Will
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 8th 07 10:32 AM
by ale.cx Go to last post
10 372
USB adapter to use softphone by Brian A
I have an application where the internet will come in via a USB plug. That will connect to a laptop running windows XP. I want to run a SIP softphone on the PC - e.g. x-lite. X-lite is good because it is possible to set a dial plan. With all that in place I want to be able to use an adapter, connecting via USB to the laptop, which will allow connection of a standard cordless phone. Additionally,...
January 8th 07 08:37 AM
by Brian A Go to last post
0 258
Trixbox / Asterisk voicemail notification error by Matt
Hi, Suddenly started having a problem with voicemail notifications. All outgoing emails from asterisk are failing. The error message I get is.. The original message was received at Wed, 20 Dec 2006 21:58:38 GMT from xxxx.mine.nu
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 7th 07 07:57 AM
by David Quinton Go to last post
19 436
Three N73 / SIP Settings by Anti Spam Bloke
Anyone configured an SIP account (eg voiptalk.org or sipgate.co.uk) to work with their N73? Thanks
January 6th 07 10:37 PM
by Anti Spam Bloke Go to last post
0 322
Three N73 / Skype Question by Anti Spam Bloke
Anyone got a Skype account with an existing Skype-In number to connect via their N73?
January 6th 07 10:36 PM
by Anti Spam Bloke Go to last post
0 238
Trixbox vs Asterisk by Stephane M
Hi, I tried first to use Trixbos on a machine. at the very beginning, I did plug my phone to the Trixbox server - saw with surprised that the phone was "registered" if I can say = Green LED !!! I tried on a different machine, to install only Asterisk Start the demon and when I connect my Voip phone, I have = Nothing green - is this Asterisk which made the phone registration ?? or another
January 5th 07 10:45 AM
by Thomas Kenyon Go to last post
3 238
VoipCheap Rate question by cardiffITsupport.com
Hi Anyone know the rate Voipcheap.com charge to UK Mobiles after you have exceeded the 300 minutes in any given week? As far as I can see, their website doesn't show it. Thanks,
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 4th 07 11:25 PM
by Herman Go to last post
19 429
Voipfone - Call Waiting 'beep' by Andy Lord
Is there a way of switching off Call Waiting on Voipfone? -- Andy
January 4th 07 07:56 PM
by Andy Lord Go to last post
2 316
no engaged tone by Mick
Folks Using a Sipura 1001 ATA - correctly configured as far as I can see to provide me with an engaged tone. My problem is that if i ring a number that is engaged, I get no engaged (or any other) tone. I have checked this out by dialling the same number wth a mobile. I subscribe to both Sipgate and Voip.co.uk through the one ATA.
January 4th 07 07:51 PM
by Jono Go to last post
3 264
VoIP-SIPURA-DTMF by [email protected]
HI! I have posted my problem in other forums, but without any results. so here is my problem! I have a door lock (Farfisa). at the doors is ring button, connected with Fiarfisa. To open a doors, if the button has been pressed, I have to pick-up the phone connected with Sipura, and press to times button 'R'. Sipura Line is connected with Farfisa, but phone is connected with desk-phone. When I'm...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 4th 07 01:20 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
10 653
Cheapest ATA by Mr Flobby
Well, I just got myself one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SIP-VOIP-PSTN-analogue-Adapter-Adaptor-New-ATA_W0QQitemZ150069015675QQihZ005QQcategoryZ131565QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem This is the cheapest new unlocked ATA I've seen. Anybody come across one before? It's a Pluscom VPA-11, and I can't find jack about it anywhere. The only bad thing is that the PSTN port is a fail over,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 3rd 07 10:37 PM
by Chris Emerson Go to last post
10 1,066
Answering machine on voip.co.uk? by Scope
Hi all, Can somebody tell me what the answering machine service with voip.co.uk is like? My DECT phone is behaving rather strange when it comes to answering machine so I'd like to start using the answering service voip.co.uk is offering. 1) Can you set up your ATA/DECT (I've got a PAP2) to pick up messages or atleast display answering waiting message on your phone? (I've read something...
January 3rd 07 09:47 PM
by Jono Go to last post
9 490
no engaged tone by Mick
I have a Sipura 1001 ATA on my voip.co.uk account (with a sipgate account on as a secoind line) The voip account is the prime account set as default. I have realised that if I dioal a number and the number is engaged, i get not engaged tone (or anything else) to indicate such. I have tested this by dialling the same number with a mobile. I'm no techie, but I wondered if anybody knows of any...
January 3rd 07 06:53 PM
by Mick Go to last post
8 320
Post New Thread