Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 03:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 22,149
PSTN Failover by SmartAlec
Is there a VOIP service (apart from the most excellent and expensive Vonage) offering UK geographic numbers that has a PSTN Failover function that actually works? Our Gradwell number became unavailable for about an hour today due to a bug in their code (?) or somesuch vague reason. Gradwell of course don't offer a PSTN failover at the moment on their normal SIP accounts and the SIP device was...
January 12th 07 01:59 PM
by Peter Gradwell Go to last post
5 402
ATA in student halls of residence by Hana
Hi, I know this has been asked before and I've been reading past posts but I can't see that anyone has managed to use an ATA for this purpose. I have bought a Linksys SPA2000 and a cordless VOIP phone for my daughter and I'm hoping to be able to set this up for her when she goes back to Uni next week. Can someone please tell me whether this would be possible in a halls of
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 12th 07 10:50 AM
by Tim Go to last post
10 291
FREE PC 2 Phone VOIP by Godmode
Hi guys, I have been busy building the blog about VOIP and making FREE CALLS worldwide. The blog features some of the most exclusive articles on the web written by me. Some of the articles have features of other blogs and sites. You are most welcome to read my blog and maybe drop some comments/suggestion for making it better.
January 12th 07 04:16 AM
by Godmode Go to last post
0 148
Are there better ADSL modem routers out there? by Bypass
I'm only a few yards from the BT exchange. I'm with MAAF on their 8Mb Max account and I'm getting a download speed in the region of 5Mb. What's the likelihood of increasing my download speed by a) upgrading my router's firmware and/or b) by getting a 'better' modem/router? If that's an option, who are the market leaders? The service is quite solid at the moment, but I use VoIP for my calls...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
January 12th 07 01:41 AM
by Andy Furniss Go to last post
25 635
Betamax Premium Rate Top-ups - Anyone got them to Work?? by alan99
Has anyone sucessfully done a top-up via 09110 336336, the Premium Rate number used by the Betamax VOIP websites e.g. Internetcalls, VOIPStunt e.t.c. as can't get it to work. Just get an unobtainable tone. SMS top-ups work fine!
January 11th 07 10:15 PM
by alan99 Go to last post
0 437
BT reaches key VoIP milestone by Sunil Sood
"Sunil Sood" wrote in message ... BT has announced it has gained more than one million registered consumer customers for its voice over internet protocol (VoIP) services BT Broadband Talk and BT Softphone - representing more than a third of BT's consumer broadband base. The company has reached this key milestone...
January 11th 07 06:12 PM
by Jim! Go to last post
4 326
music on hold by preesing button "R" by [email protected]
HI! It's me again. Now my problem is: I make a call from Farfisa through asterisk to SPA 3000 FXO port. when I press 2 times button "R" on the attached phone, asterisk asterisk is sending DTMF signal to Farfisa. I make another call from Farfisa to .... FXO port. when I press butto "R" tha asterisk O, and very interesting thing: when I pick up the phone after first ring-
January 11th 07 11:24 AM
by Paul Go to last post
2 323
New 'No PC' phone for Skype fans by Brian A
It is well known that I am not particularly a fan of Skype but for those of you that are here is some news.. I heard this on the U.S. 'Tell Me' service. At CES, in Las Vegas, Skype have announced 12 new phones and accessories. One of these phones does NOT require a computer to be switched on - it connects to a router and to PSTN. I guess that it will be a cordless system but I don't...
January 10th 07 08:38 PM
by Brian A Go to last post
0 353
I need a cross-platform softphone by Stan
I need a Java-based cross-platform softphone. I have found several Java softphones by cruising the 'Net, but they all say they are for Windows only. Background/Tale of Woe/Warning to the unwary: I intended to set up a VoIP capability using an adapter and analog phone, so purchased a Linksys PAP2T-NA (the "NA" means it's unlocked), and opened an account with VOIPcheap; I configured the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 10th 07 12:53 PM
by Stan Go to last post
15 487
Three N73 - Question by Anti Spam Bloke
Anyone got SIP working on it, yet?
January 9th 07 09:38 PM
by Anti Spam Bloke Go to last post
0 181
Porting Vonage numbers by Herman
Vonage number apparently succesfully ported to voip.co.uk today. Let's see if it stays that way! --
January 9th 07 08:42 PM
by Herman Go to last post
9 270
VoipDiscount free trial not working? by hioniam
Hi and Happy the New Year I tried today for the first time the free trial call at voipdiscount.com but is not working Although I try to call to destinations like Australia or Canada that are in the "free list" I keep getting back the message:
January 8th 07 08:10 PM
by hioniam Go to last post
0 191
Polycom VPA-11 ATA (as sold on eBay) by PeterW
The Polycom VPA-11 SIP ATA which has been selling for UKP 19.99 on eBay has quite a lot of features for the price. There is a technical help forum available at: http://pluscom.cn/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=46 which has a copy of the User manual and a bugfix for a UK ringtone problem. The device has a fallback PSTN port which can also be dialled out through (prefix the number with "#" in the...
January 8th 07 06:32 PM
by PeterW Go to last post
2 491
Unhappy
BT Broadband & lnksys PAP2 by olavtheviking
I have recently purchased an unlocked Linksys PAP2 voip adaptor, as I wish to use BT BB talk, using my Bt broadband connection, I have connected this device as per the set up instructions to my Linksys router (wireless G Gateway, model WPC54G) Alas there is no broadband dial tone on the phone? I have a steady power LED and a steady ethernet LED but no phone 1 or phone 2 LED on the voip adapter....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 8th 07 05:39 PM
by Graham Go to last post
10 481
Sipgate down? by Will Kemp
Is Sipgate down today or is it just me? I can't log into their web site - i just get the "logging in" thing and nothing happens. My ATA (Billion router) can't register, either. Will
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 8th 07 11:32 AM
by ale.cx Go to last post
10 405
USB adapter to use softphone by Brian A
I have an application where the internet will come in via a USB plug. That will connect to a laptop running windows XP. I want to run a SIP softphone on the PC - e.g. x-lite. X-lite is good because it is possible to set a dial plan. With all that in place I want to be able to use an adapter, connecting via USB to the laptop, which will allow connection of a standard cordless phone. Additionally,...
January 8th 07 09:37 AM
by Brian A Go to last post
0 283
Trixbox / Asterisk voicemail notification error by Matt
Hi, Suddenly started having a problem with voicemail notifications. All outgoing emails from asterisk are failing. The error message I get is.. The original message was received at Wed, 20 Dec 2006 21:58:38 GMT from xxxx.mine.nu
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 7th 07 08:57 AM
by David Quinton Go to last post
19 465
Three N73 / SIP Settings by Anti Spam Bloke
Anyone configured an SIP account (eg voiptalk.org or sipgate.co.uk) to work with their N73? Thanks
January 6th 07 11:37 PM
by Anti Spam Bloke Go to last post
0 349
Three N73 / Skype Question by Anti Spam Bloke
Anyone got a Skype account with an existing Skype-In number to connect via their N73?
January 6th 07 11:36 PM
by Anti Spam Bloke Go to last post
0 271
Trixbox vs Asterisk by Stephane M
Hi, I tried first to use Trixbos on a machine. at the very beginning, I did plug my phone to the Trixbox server - saw with surprised that the phone was "registered" if I can say = Green LED !!! I tried on a different machine, to install only Asterisk Start the demon and when I connect my Voip phone, I have = Nothing green - is this Asterisk which made the phone registration ?? or another
January 5th 07 11:45 AM
by Thomas Kenyon Go to last post
3 257
Post New Thread