Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 02:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 21,106
Smile
How to Config Softphone (Eyebeam) with voipcheap.co.uk by james archer
Hi everybody! I am new to this tech, I have broadband internet & a softphone eyebeam installed on PC, I tried my best to get registered my soft phone with voipcheap.co.uk / calcentric.com but invain. Procedure Adopted: Display Name:user name of voipcheap.co.uk User: user name of voipcheap.co.uk Password: pasword of voipcheap.co.uk Auth User: user name of voipcheap.co.uk Domain:...
November 3rd 12 04:55 PM
by james archer Go to last post
0 2,282
Has anyone got the Sipgate Android App working on Vodafone? by Trust No One®
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 on Vodafone. I've recently installed the Sipgate android app but have had absolutely no joy with either making or receiving calls on 3g. The app connects to Sipgate but does precious little else. I'm on one of the more expensive contracts but TBH I'm not sure whether VOIP is allowed/blocked or not. It would be useful if I could use this app as I barely average 20mb...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 28th 12 02:50 PM
by Roger Burton West Go to last post
18 3,410
Skype by 77002
Does any know if a UK Skype phone (Not a softphone) will work in the US? Thanks
October 24th 12 10:53 PM
by Theo Markettos Go to last post
9 1,308
Any good multi account SIP Softphone ? by Dave
Hello, I'm looking for a (FREE) SIP softphone with the ability to use different accounts 7, I used to use Xten Eyebeam but it keeps locking up on me.
October 21st 12 03:07 PM
by Dave Go to last post
8 1,448
x-lite 2.0 for windows ? by tg
does anyone know where I can get a download of x-lite 2.0 for windows? I've searched google, also tried torrents but no joy. I've got x-lite 3. Thanks for any advice.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 20th 12 10:03 PM
by News Reader Go to last post
19 2,436
Siemens Gigaset call blocking by fred
I'm sure I've seen a post here recently about a blacklist function on Siemens Gigaset systems along the lines of hang up call, enter block code and the ringer wont be activated for that number in future. Can't find anything in the manual for my system (S685 IP) and googledar is failing me, was I imagining it? I want to find full chapter and verse before experimenting as I want to be sure I...
October 12th 12 11:32 AM
by Me Go to last post
5 8,078
Sipgate contacts and caller ID by alexd
I created a few contacts on the Sipgate site some time ago, but it's just occurred to me that they never send the caller ID to me when a call comes in from a contact, or Asterisk isn't handling it, has anyone experienced otherwise? -- http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) ) 10:21:35 up 2 days, 13:34, 4 users, load average: 0.36, 0.36, 0.37 Qua illic est reprehendit, illic...
October 9th 12 01:32 PM
by Thomas Kenyon Go to last post
2 1,370
How do ISPs and/or 3-G services block VOIP, is it by port number? by [email protected]
As per the subject, how do ISPs and/or 3-G internet providers block VOIP (if they do)? If it's blocked by stopping traffic on specific ports one can presumably bypass the block by using different port numbers, however if they actually look at packets to see what's in them this wouldn't work. I want to use VOIP on an orange.fr 3G connection, the conditions of use explicitly say that you *can*...
October 8th 12 12:13 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 1,472
CallCentric "Under Attack" by (PeteCresswell)
Their problem reporting page contains the rather-verbose message below, but does not tell the customer what to expect. Would I be guessing correctly that one thing to expect would be busy signals on long-distance calls? -------------------------------------------------------------- Investigation into current problems: For the past two days we have been experiencing a sophisticated type of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 8th 12 01:17 AM
by (PeteCresswell) Go to last post
11 2,287
Call Management by 77002
I need some recommendations please, having reached the point where I need to control incoming voice calls. Is there still a device that will allow me to keep blacklists (never allow caller throught), and whitelists (always allow call). I use Vonage, and I suspect tthat heir caller id standard is the Bellcore one rather than the UK BT one. Also, does anyone still make an answering machimg which...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 4th 12 10:15 AM
by e27002 Go to last post
10 2,331
VOIP saves the day ! by www.GymRatZ.co.uk
So we have 2 x BT lines and 2 ADSL connections, one main (Bethere) and one back-up (Plusnet) which the router will fall back on if the main connection goes down. Works superbly however, today both BT lines are down no noise on one and a bad crackle on the other. (flooded duct I shouldn't wonder) Card terminal won't call out as no dial tone. BUT ADSL signal is making it through the disruption, so...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
September 30th 12 04:04 PM
by Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ¬) Go to last post
17 2,465
SPA3102: Intermittantly Needs Reboot? by (PeteCresswell)
I have all my outgoing except for "800" and "911" (free long distance and emergency respectively) going out to my VOIP provider via a LinkSys SPA3102 gateway. It had been working 100% a-ok until a couple of months ago. Then, occasionally, we would dial a long distance number and it would just ring forever or would return "Busy". Upon investigation, it turned out that the number was not busy
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
September 17th 12 10:07 AM
by David Woodhouse Go to last post
14 2,608
A bit of a DOS perhaps by Rob van der Putten
Hi there A bit of stats; http://www.sput.nl/asterisk/ And these are just the call attempts. There where 222357 registration attempts from 208.115.244.154. Why would anyone want to do this?
September 11th 12 11:06 AM
by Koos van den Hout Go to last post
6 1,219
numbers plans by willemijns
Hello, How POTS/cellphones numbers plans are exchanged between VoIP operateurs ?
September 8th 12 11:42 AM
by Graham. Go to last post
2 1,121
voip.co.uk by Jed
Is there a regular in this group that has a voip.co.uk account and would be willing to give this numpty some help? Simple stuff for someone that knows what they're doing The only reason I'm suggesting a voip.co.uk account holder is because my queries relate to the web management interface. And no, nothing to do with complaints or criticism of the provider, just my own inadequacy.
September 5th 12 10:25 AM
by Jed Go to last post
3 1,064
Anyone got a Localphone.co.uk account? by Graham.
Check your email from the 18/19 Aug and see if you got some spam from "All Business Match Maker LLC" addressed to the exact name and email address you used to open your Localphone account. This is in clear breach of Localphones own privacy policy http://www.localphone.com/privacy "Localphone does not sell, trade, or disclose personally identifiable information to third parties for unrelated...
August 26th 12 01:02 PM
by Graham. Go to last post
2 1,239
voip.co.uk by BC
Anyone else using voip.co.uk find their line down this morning? Can't access my account through the website either.
August 26th 12 12:12 PM
by BC Go to last post
3 984
IPKall by 77002
Would someone be kind enough to explain IPKall to me please? At the moment I pay for two expensive US Vonage numbers to which I route my Google Voice numbers. If I read the IPKall web pages correctly, I should be able to sign up for an IPKall using UK Sipgate credentials and receive calls on an ATA in the UK for very little outlay. Am I understanding this correctly?
August 25th 12 08:06 PM
by M.L. Go to last post
4 1,186
ATCOM IP01 Asterisk IP PBX - £60 inc p&p by [email protected]
Hi, I have an ATCOM IP01 Asterisk IP PBX. (Hardly Used). I was going to use it for a project, but I just don't have the time. I bought it for £120. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to sell it for £60 inc p&p. Thanks, Gareth
August 25th 12 11:39 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 804
Yet another CLI question by Dave Saville
We put most of our outgoing calls through Localphone. If I call my mobile the mobile gets the localphone number but if I call a BT line they get any of Unavailable/Witheld/International shown. I asume this is BT playing silly buggers with CLI from other networks? -- Regards Dave Saville
August 22nd 12 02:06 PM
by Stewart Go to last post
3 853
Post New Thread