Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 03:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 21,878
Gigaset "server not available" problem by Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ¬)
Hi folks, This one has got me confused. Gigaset at home has been working just fine for a few years. Been on FTTC via Zen for about a year with no problems, then about Sunday/Monday I got a call at work from Debs mobile saying the phones weren't working. Hmmm. Logged on to the box over VPN and checked all settings. All seemed fine well they should have been as I hadn't touched anything. Pretty...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
January 21st 13 06:26 PM
by www.GymRatZ.co.uk Go to last post
24 5,639
Soft phone for Kindle Fire HD by R. Mark Clayton
Any recommendations? -- R. Mark Clayton remove nospa for email
January 20th 13 05:29 PM
by Theo Markettos Go to last post
2 944
Femtocell incoming calls - Xpost by David WE Roberts
I am starting the process to try and get a femtocell from 3 because the voice connection from my house is poor and keeps breaking up. I am assuming that this runs VOIP to a 3 switch somewhere then gets rolled over into the main network. I was wondering if/how it handled incoming calls. Presumably it will be something like Skype, which presumably must keep a connection up to the server at...
January 5th 13 06:35 PM
by alexd Go to last post
1 995
Passing VoIP through another router. by Neil
I have a Draytek Vigor 2800VG router on which I had the VoIP ports working fine. But, because the Vigor was frequently dropping the ADSL connection, I replaced it with a Plusnet-provided Thompson TG585 v8 router (no disconnects now). I now have the Vigor set up and working fine as a switch behind the Thompson. But, I am really missing the VoIP functions of the Vigor - Is there some way I can...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 31st 12 06:12 PM
by Neil Go to last post
10 1,983
sipgate: Call forwarding - based in CLID by Allan
I'm a new user to sipgate, and like the Call forwarding very much (a neat feature) so that you can select to direct incoming calls into voicemail or onto a telno you specify. I'd quite like to divert based in incoming CLID e.g. any incoming call with a CLID of International goes into voicemail, and anything else gets forwarded on to a selected number. It doesn't look like there's a way to...
November 21st 12 11:57 AM
by Allan Go to last post
3 1,468
Zycoo ZX20 anybody? by Tim Greening-Jackson
I'm about to buy a Zycoo ZX20 mini IP PBX for use in my apartment (yes, I know it's overkill, but I'm sick of telemarketing calls). According to the manual it looks astonishing for the price. Has anybody out there used one? I'm doing this as an alternative to sticking a 1xFXO/1xFXS card in my Linux host at home and manually configuring Asterisk. Are there any pitfalls? As I understand it, it is...
November 18th 12 11:27 PM
by Tim Greening-Jackson Go to last post
0 1,343
Issues w/FAX-ing? by (PeteCresswell)
My outgoing calls go through CallCentric. I almost never fax anything, but today is an exception. But I am unable to complete the transmission via my HP 3015 all-in one device. Is there anything intrinsically problematic about faxing over VOIP? --
November 8th 12 12:29 AM
by David Woolley Go to last post
3 1,313
Smile
How to Config Softphone (Eyebeam) with voipcheap.co.uk by james archer
Hi everybody! I am new to this tech, I have broadband internet & a softphone eyebeam installed on PC, I tried my best to get registered my soft phone with voipcheap.co.uk / calcentric.com but invain. Procedure Adopted: Display Name:user name of voipcheap.co.uk User: user name of voipcheap.co.uk Password: pasword of voipcheap.co.uk Auth User: user name of voipcheap.co.uk Domain:...
November 3rd 12 05:55 PM
by james archer Go to last post
0 2,299
Has anyone got the Sipgate Android App working on Vodafone? by Trust No One®
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 on Vodafone. I've recently installed the Sipgate android app but have had absolutely no joy with either making or receiving calls on 3g. The app connects to Sipgate but does precious little else. I'm on one of the more expensive contracts but TBH I'm not sure whether VOIP is allowed/blocked or not. It would be useful if I could use this app as I barely average 20mb...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 28th 12 03:50 PM
by Roger Burton West Go to last post
18 3,462
Skype by 77002
Does any know if a UK Skype phone (Not a softphone) will work in the US? Thanks
October 24th 12 11:53 PM
by Theo Markettos Go to last post
9 1,325
Any good multi account SIP Softphone ? by Dave
Hello, I'm looking for a (FREE) SIP softphone with the ability to use different accounts 7, I used to use Xten Eyebeam but it keeps locking up on me.
October 21st 12 04:07 PM
by Dave Go to last post
8 1,474
x-lite 2.0 for windows ? by tg
does anyone know where I can get a download of x-lite 2.0 for windows? I've searched google, also tried torrents but no joy. I've got x-lite 3. Thanks for any advice.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 20th 12 11:03 PM
by News Reader Go to last post
19 2,476
Siemens Gigaset call blocking by fred
I'm sure I've seen a post here recently about a blacklist function on Siemens Gigaset systems along the lines of hang up call, enter block code and the ringer wont be activated for that number in future. Can't find anything in the manual for my system (S685 IP) and googledar is failing me, was I imagining it? I want to find full chapter and verse before experimenting as I want to be sure I...
October 12th 12 12:32 PM
by Me Go to last post
5 8,378
Sipgate contacts and caller ID by alexd
I created a few contacts on the Sipgate site some time ago, but it's just occurred to me that they never send the caller ID to me when a call comes in from a contact, or Asterisk isn't handling it, has anyone experienced otherwise? -- http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) ) 10:21:35 up 2 days, 13:34, 4 users, load average: 0.36, 0.36, 0.37 Qua illic est reprehendit, illic...
October 9th 12 02:32 PM
by Thomas Kenyon Go to last post
2 1,412
How do ISPs and/or 3-G services block VOIP, is it by port number? by [email protected]
As per the subject, how do ISPs and/or 3-G internet providers block VOIP (if they do)? If it's blocked by stopping traffic on specific ports one can presumably bypass the block by using different port numbers, however if they actually look at packets to see what's in them this wouldn't work. I want to use VOIP on an orange.fr 3G connection, the conditions of use explicitly say that you *can*...
October 8th 12 01:13 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 1,495
CallCentric "Under Attack" by (PeteCresswell)
Their problem reporting page contains the rather-verbose message below, but does not tell the customer what to expect. Would I be guessing correctly that one thing to expect would be busy signals on long-distance calls? -------------------------------------------------------------- Investigation into current problems: For the past two days we have been experiencing a sophisticated type of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 8th 12 02:17 AM
by (PeteCresswell) Go to last post
11 2,324
Call Management by 77002
I need some recommendations please, having reached the point where I need to control incoming voice calls. Is there still a device that will allow me to keep blacklists (never allow caller throught), and whitelists (always allow call). I use Vonage, and I suspect tthat heir caller id standard is the Bellcore one rather than the UK BT one. Also, does anyone still make an answering machimg which...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 4th 12 11:15 AM
by e27002 Go to last post
10 2,370
VOIP saves the day ! by www.GymRatZ.co.uk
So we have 2 x BT lines and 2 ADSL connections, one main (Bethere) and one back-up (Plusnet) which the router will fall back on if the main connection goes down. Works superbly however, today both BT lines are down no noise on one and a bad crackle on the other. (flooded duct I shouldn't wonder) Card terminal won't call out as no dial tone. BUT ADSL signal is making it through the disruption, so...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
September 30th 12 05:04 PM
by Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ¬) Go to last post
17 2,509
SPA3102: Intermittantly Needs Reboot? by (PeteCresswell)
I have all my outgoing except for "800" and "911" (free long distance and emergency respectively) going out to my VOIP provider via a LinkSys SPA3102 gateway. It had been working 100% a-ok until a couple of months ago. Then, occasionally, we would dial a long distance number and it would just ring forever or would return "Busy". Upon investigation, it turned out that the number was not busy
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
September 17th 12 11:07 AM
by David Woodhouse Go to last post
14 2,660
A bit of a DOS perhaps by Rob van der Putten
Hi there A bit of stats; http://www.sput.nl/asterisk/ And these are just the call attempts. There where 222357 registration attempts from 208.115.244.154. Why would anyone want to do this?
September 11th 12 12:06 PM
by Koos van den Hout Go to last post
6 1,236