Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 02:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 20,861
voip.co.uk by Jed
Is there a regular in this group that has a voip.co.uk account and would be willing to give this numpty some help? Simple stuff for someone that knows what they're doing The only reason I'm suggesting a voip.co.uk account holder is because my queries relate to the web management interface. And no, nothing to do with complaints or criticism of the provider, just my own inadequacy.
September 5th 12 10:25 AM
by Jed Go to last post
3 1,053
Anyone got a Localphone.co.uk account? by Graham.
Check your email from the 18/19 Aug and see if you got some spam from "All Business Match Maker LLC" addressed to the exact name and email address you used to open your Localphone account. This is in clear breach of Localphones own privacy policy http://www.localphone.com/privacy "Localphone does not sell, trade, or disclose personally identifiable information to third parties for unrelated...
August 26th 12 01:02 PM
by Graham. Go to last post
2 1,226
voip.co.uk by BC
Anyone else using voip.co.uk find their line down this morning? Can't access my account through the website either.
August 26th 12 12:12 PM
by BC Go to last post
3 903
IPKall by 77002
Would someone be kind enough to explain IPKall to me please? At the moment I pay for two expensive US Vonage numbers to which I route my Google Voice numbers. If I read the IPKall web pages correctly, I should be able to sign up for an IPKall using UK Sipgate credentials and receive calls on an ATA in the UK for very little outlay. Am I understanding this correctly?
August 25th 12 08:06 PM
by M.L. Go to last post
4 1,172
ATCOM IP01 Asterisk IP PBX - 60 inc p&p by [email protected]
Hi, I have an ATCOM IP01 Asterisk IP PBX. (Hardly Used). I was going to use it for a project, but I just don't have the time. I bought it for 120. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to sell it for 60 inc p&p. Thanks, Gareth
August 25th 12 11:39 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 797
Yet another CLI question by Dave Saville
We put most of our outgoing calls through Localphone. If I call my mobile the mobile gets the localphone number but if I call a BT line they get any of Unavailable/Witheld/International shown. I asume this is BT playing silly buggers with CLI from other networks? -- Regards Dave Saville
August 22nd 12 02:06 PM
by Stewart Go to last post
3 839
sipgate issue ? by Slayer
Is anyone else having trouble connecting to sipgate ? I am currectly unable to connect from my tiscali/talktalk connection since friday but can using a friends o2 connection. I can't even access the website. Tracert shows Tracing route to sipgate.co.uk over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 60 ms 99 ms 99 ms 192.168.1.254
August 21st 12 10:12 AM
by Anthony R. Gold Go to last post
1 747
Porting? by Malcolm Loades
Will porting achieve what I want? If so how do I go about it? My Mother has just passed away and odd as it may seem I'm reticent to lose the telephone number. When the 'phone was installed in her cottage before the 'old' King died, circa 1951, we had a 3 digit telephone number on a named exchange. In the 60's a fourth digit was added to the front of the original number, later still (70's...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
August 8th 12 01:15 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
13 1,680
VOIP provider with 0871 and 09 by Theo Markettos
Can anyone recommend a VOIP calls provider that does 0871 at the standard BT rates? For example, 0871 772 is a '7p/min' number, but Sipgate will charge a blanket 10p/min and Gradwell 12p/min. Often Betamax and friends don't bother at all. Would be good if it could do 09 too (eg 0911 922 is 13p/min at BT). I'm looking for a 'BT replacement' provider, so ability to call the full range of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
August 4th 12 03:49 PM
by Loony Go to last post
22 2,751
VOIP from Hotel by Michael Chare
Whilst on holiday I tried to make a number of SIP VOIP calls via the hotels WiFi to retrieve calls from my home BT CallMinder. The hotel had good Wifi and a reasonable Internet connection (better than I get at home.) but the calls to BT CallMinder always failed after a few seconds. I did wonder whether the hotel's Internet connection was deliberately designed to disrupt VOIP calls in the...
July 16th 12 12:25 PM
by David Woodhouse Go to last post
3 941
Siemens Gigaset firmware update by Nick
My Siemens gigaset 685ip performed an automatic software update in mid week. I think it was a firmware update I wasn't really paying attention and just clicked yes to accept. Today I noticed that none of my sipgate accounts registered, probably the first time I have looked since the update. It appears that the sipgate registration details had been altered so that references to sipgate.co.uk have...
July 8th 12 01:55 PM
by Graham. Go to last post
4 870
Landline call to SIP by Phil
I have a SIP account set up on my mobile, what I would like to be able to do buy a box that will on recieving an landline call then route the call over VOIP to my SIP account on my mobile. I have been looking at devices such as the SPA3102, but am unsure if they will do what I am trying to do. Thanks Phil
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 7th 12 01:15 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
10 1,991
Betamax to IPKall? by Anthony R. Gold
If I try to dial an IPKall number via Betamax I get SIP Error 500.
July 6th 12 07:21 PM
by Graham. Go to last post
7 884
Moving from Vonage to a free provider by WendyBurger
Hi, I'm currently with Vonage on their basic plan which is 3.49 a month, I don't get any minutes with this which is fine as I only use it for incoming calls. Is there a free service I could move to and take my number with me? I have a local number at the moment which was provided to my by Vonage, thing is losing it will be a pain in the butt having to update everyone.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
June 22nd 12 01:46 AM
by WendyBurger Go to last post
24 2,483
Vonage by JoRob64
Has anyone had any experience with Vonage please?
June 19th 12 12:24 PM
by 77002 Go to last post
5 2,949
FastVoip bites the dust by Theo Markettos
Once upon a time this was a promising alternative to Betamax. Only it didn't work. No real surprise at this then: --- Dear Valued FastVoip user/reseller, FastVoip is writing to let you know that we will no longer be providing service starting October...
June 13th 12 11:52 PM
by Brian A Go to last post
3 803
Changing call forwarding without PC access by Malcolm Loades
We require a single 'phone number which then forwards to another number (this must be a mobile). Problem is that the mobile number may need to be changed 2 or 3 times a day. It would be easy if we had access to a PC each time we need to change the number to receive the forwarded calls, but we don't :-( Does anyone offer forwarding which can be controlled from a handset? Malcolm
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
June 8th 12 09:25 PM
by Graham. Go to last post
21 2,542
Simple SIP phone for providing support by Mark Rogers
I'm looking for a simple SIP phone to supply to a customer for support purposes. Therefore I don't need a desktop phone with the capability of dialing anywhere; I just want the ability to preconfigure it with (eg) a Sipgate account and give it the ability to call a pre-defined support contact. If it could do nothing else that would be a bonus (ie you can use it to call the support contact, or to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 8th 12 08:42 PM
by alexd Go to last post
15 1,636
Beware Latest Skype Update by CJB
There's yet another Skype update being auto-installed. No you don't get a warning, nor a choice. You sign in and immediately the update begins downloading - and it takes about 10 minutes. The download can take a chunk out of your allowance if you're on a restrictive contract such as Three's 1GB per month plan, or a chunk out of your pocket if you're on a PAYG data plan. CJB.
June 2nd 12 02:48 PM
by Adam Go to last post
5 866
Selling my Sipgate box - any security issues? by [email protected]
I've used Sipgate via my Virgin Media broadband using a Netgear TA612VSP for some years. I've now decided to abandon Sipgate and get a proper landline.. In the early days when I first got the Netgear Sipgate device I remember logging into the thing via a browser to access the settings. I've tried doing this again today with a view to clearing out my settings but can't seem to access is using the...
May 31st 12 06:17 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 757
Post New Thread