Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 03:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 23,353
Voxbeam by Theo Markettos
I'm getting somewhat tired of VOIP companies whose call quality is dire (yes Finarea/Betamax I'm looking at you). And even telcos who aren't VOIP companies (Primus, Giffgaff) run some international calls over cheap'n'nasty VOIP links. In some cases they just don't work. So I'm looking around for alternative providers who might actually have decent call quality - that probably means doing some...
July 16th 13 02:41 PM
by Theo Markettos Go to last post
4 1,282
Any free USA sip providers ? by Dave
Any free USA sip providers ? i.e. free calls to the US - I know about GV suggestions please ...
July 15th 13 09:56 PM
by Dave Go to last post
6 1,132
Cisco Call manager by Paul Cummins
Hi all Having very little experience of Cisco Call Manager Voice Gateways I've been kinda thrown into the deep end by my boss. The Devices we have been sent by our US head office are configured with US dial plans, and don't appear to speak UK. Can anyone give me a n idea how to configure a dial plan to do the following
June 19th 13 12:38 PM
by Paul Cummins Go to last post
0 1,283
Caller I.D. Query by www.GymRatZ.co.uk
Hi Folks, Is the way VOIP caller ID displayed (or not) simply down to the way the recipients telephone network handles it or is it more random depending on call routes further up the chain? Reason being my Orange (now EE) mobile phones always show CID when called from home or shop over any of the betamax suppliers as indeed it shows up on the majority of customers phones however there seems to...
May 31st 13 09:35 AM
by Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ) Go to last post
4 1,368
Grandstream BT200 by Woody
I have just acquired one of these beasties and it set up and registered with my voip provider through its web interface quickly amd easily. I went into it to change the ringing cadence to make it similar to UK. When I rebooted it went off line (deregistered) and would not reconnect. So I did a full reset on it - MISTAKE! It has come back with DHCP on and collected its IP address from my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
May 16th 13 08:44 AM
by Woody Go to last post
20 4,686
"Early Media" by Graham.
Are there any OFCOM rules about what you can send via "Early Media"? Messages so delivered, that are not call supervision tones or announcements, add up to lost revenue for the originating network, and seems akin to phreaking. -- Graham. %Profound_observation%
May 5th 13 10:04 AM
by Jono Go to last post
7 2,057
VoipCheap by Anthony R. Gold
I noticed that my Gigaset is not registering with VoipCheap at the moment. I can recall no similar problems before this afternoon and over many months. I found that all my settings were pointing to sip.voipcheap.co.uk while their web site now recommends sip.voipcheap.com, so I changed those settings but still see no registration. Does anyone else use this provider and, if so, are you having any...
May 2nd 13 10:53 PM
by Anthony R. Gold Go to last post
3 1,571
sipgate tries to force customer to send passport / driving licence by
I've been a user of sipgate for many years without problem. Recently sipgate changed their log-in system. When trying to log-in it says: "We have recently changed the security policy on our website. This means that you will need to create a new log-in password. You will shortly receive an email from us at your sipgate account email address. " Unfortunately my email address has changed so clicking...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 21st 13 10:41 PM
by Mark Evans Go to last post
36 6,398
asterisk Gigaset T500 doesn't receive incoming calls by Graham J
New ISDN2e line installed 11 April 2013. Connected to Gigaset T500 PBX with Sirrix IDSN card. We can make internal calls from any extension to any other. Internal extensions can make outgoing calls to the PSTN. External callers dialling in hear silence followed by the "number unobtainable" tone. Log entries suggest that the PBX sees some activity
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
April 17th 13 10:37 PM
by alexd Go to last post
13 4,343
Problem with VOIP adaptor + Localphone.com + Internet Via Satellite by Anti-Spam
I am having problems setting up a Handytone HT502 with Localphone.com. The internet connection is coming in, via Internet Via Satellite, with a small amount of Latency, if thats relevant? Also, if its relevant? the grandstream is set to NAT router mode for the Access Point (Edimax) which follows it. I have set it up, according to the nearest grandstream model set-up guide, localphone have on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
April 9th 13 09:10 AM
by Anti-Spam Go to last post
18 3,538
Police 101 by R. Mark Clayton
"Graham." wrote in message ... On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 13:02:11 -0700 (PDT), Owain wrote: Does anyone know how the Police 101 service handles calls from VoIP lines when the line has / has not an associated 'emergency' address or sends / does not send CLI? And do VoIP providers honour the...
April 6th 13 03:08 AM
by DrTeeth Go to last post
2 1,402
callcashback by Stephen Hammond
Hiya I've been using a VOIP provider that charges 6p per hour and making some money from call cashback http://www.callcashback.co.uk/?ref=69237070 yeah it's a referral link here it is without http://www.callcashback.co.uk/ happy ? I doubt I don't know how giffgaff links are acceptable hey ho! Anyway it's on topic and relevant, I won't read the follow up comments but I
March 30th 13 08:09 AM
by allegoricus Go to last post
1 2,392
Nokia 808 VOIP and keep-alive process for NAT etc by alexd
Peter (for it is he) wrote: Agreed 100% but even when I keep "sticking" ALWAYS ON in there, it doesn't do anything. That's surely a bug, although if you've ever managed to receive a call then I would think it's a user interface display bug, as the phone would surely ignore incoming calls if it didn't think it was registered. I see no evidence of anything being sent out, because the NAT...
March 27th 13 09:22 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
6 1,620
Registering a SIP client with UKDDI.com by Harold Finch
I am using a Siemens Gigaset A580IP with Sipgate and also using Smartvoip for some outgoing calls. It works well and seems very reliable. I am interested in obtaining one more number on a different exchange for a small business use and have come accross UKDDI who offer free geographic numbers. I'm a bit new to all this but it looks like I can register my Siemens A580IP directly with UKDDI as...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 27th 13 12:42 PM
by Harold Finch Go to last post
10 3,766
registration on ippi.com failed -- "no relaying" by J G Miller
I am using Linphone 3.5.2 on Linux Mint Nadia 14 and have registered a number of accounts with iptel, linphone, voipdiscount and have no problem with Linphone succesfuly registering with the sip service for each of these -- "Registration on sip: site_name successful" I recently came across Ippi and decided to apply for an account and give it a try.
March 25th 13 07:00 PM
by J G Miller Go to last post
4 1,575
Spanish VOIP geographical number + provider recommendations please by Anti-Spam
I would appreciate advice on which company to use for a single user VOIP service (using a standard VOIP adapter) which can supply a VOIP Service and Spanish Geographical (standard rate) phone number. So far the best I can find was Gradwell at 9 a month rental for the Spanish number (or 12 a month Voiptalk) + the call cost etc. A English speaking company would be a BIG plus, for me. We install...
March 14th 13 04:15 PM
by Anti-Spam Go to last post
5 1,868
Fibre broadband by Malcolm Loades
I love my Fritzbox 7170 and don't wish to lose the use of it. However, fibre broadband is available to me and the high speeds available are very tempting :-) I don't think the 7170 can be used as the router on a fibre network? Has anyone here connected one to a fibre network (mine would be Virgin)? Advice will be much appreciated. Malcolm
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 7th 13 05:50 PM
by Woody Go to last post
17 3,133
Siemens OpenStage 60 by Woody
The above would appear to be a Voip phone. Anyone know anything about it and specifically will it work standalone on my Voip line or does it need to be connected to a switch? I've just seen four, used but in nearly new condition, at a very good price. --
March 2nd 13 09:27 PM
by Woody Go to last post
4 1,336
Android VOIP client RTP ports by Theo Markettos
I'm trying to set up router quality of service for the Android 2.3 native VOIP client, which is talking to Voipgain (a Betamax brand) as the SIP server. I've set up QoS for TCP port 5060 (the SIP control channel) but what I really want is to do it for the RTP audio traffic. When I go into settings on the phone it says only: Port number: 5060 Transport type: UDP
February 27th 13 08:37 PM
by alexd Go to last post
6 1,713
Problem with my '3' S2 Skypephone - UPDATE by Roger Mills
On 10/02/2013 23:25, CJB wrote: On Feb 8, 7:26 pm, Roger wrote: I've had an S2 Skypephone for 3 years or so - which I bought mainly for tethering to a laptop for internet access. I haven't needed to use it for that for quite a while - and haven't used it at all for some months. The last time I used it was for some Skype test calls - which worked...
February 22nd 13 03:45 PM
by Roger Mills Go to last post
3 2,584
Post New Thread