Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 02:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 20,604
Yet another CLI question by Dave Saville
We put most of our outgoing calls through Localphone. If I call my mobile the mobile gets the localphone number but if I call a BT line they get any of Unavailable/Witheld/International shown. I asume this is BT playing silly buggers with CLI from other networks? -- Regards Dave Saville
August 22nd 12 02:06 PM
by Stewart Go to last post
3 823
sipgate issue ? by Slayer
Is anyone else having trouble connecting to sipgate ? I am currectly unable to connect from my tiscali/talktalk connection since friday but can using a friends o2 connection. I can't even access the website. Tracert shows Tracing route to sipgate.co.uk over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 60 ms 99 ms 99 ms 192.168.1.254
August 21st 12 10:12 AM
by Anthony R. Gold Go to last post
1 724
Porting? by Malcolm Loades
Will porting achieve what I want? If so how do I go about it? My Mother has just passed away and odd as it may seem I'm reticent to lose the telephone number. When the 'phone was installed in her cottage before the 'old' King died, circa 1951, we had a 3 digit telephone number on a named exchange. In the 60's a fourth digit was added to the front of the original number, later still (70's...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
August 8th 12 01:15 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
13 1,627
VOIP provider with 0871 and 09 by Theo Markettos
Can anyone recommend a VOIP calls provider that does 0871 at the standard BT rates? For example, 0871 772 is a '7p/min' number, but Sipgate will charge a blanket 10p/min and Gradwell 12p/min. Often Betamax and friends don't bother at all. Would be good if it could do 09 too (eg 0911 922 is 13p/min at BT). I'm looking for a 'BT replacement' provider, so ability to call the full range of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
August 4th 12 03:49 PM
by Loony Go to last post
22 2,664
VOIP from Hotel by Michael Chare
Whilst on holiday I tried to make a number of SIP VOIP calls via the hotels WiFi to retrieve calls from my home BT CallMinder. The hotel had good Wifi and a reasonable Internet connection (better than I get at home.) but the calls to BT CallMinder always failed after a few seconds. I did wonder whether the hotel's Internet connection was deliberately designed to disrupt VOIP calls in the...
July 16th 12 12:25 PM
by David Woodhouse Go to last post
3 912
Siemens Gigaset firmware update by Nick
My Siemens gigaset 685ip performed an automatic software update in mid week. I think it was a firmware update I wasn't really paying attention and just clicked yes to accept. Today I noticed that none of my sipgate accounts registered, probably the first time I have looked since the update. It appears that the sipgate registration details had been altered so that references to sipgate.co.uk have...
July 8th 12 01:55 PM
by Graham. Go to last post
4 848
Landline call to SIP by Phil
I have a SIP account set up on my mobile, what I would like to be able to do buy a box that will on recieving an landline call then route the call over VOIP to my SIP account on my mobile. I have been looking at devices such as the SPA3102, but am unsure if they will do what I am trying to do. Thanks Phil
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 7th 12 01:15 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
10 1,949
Betamax to IPKall? by Anthony R. Gold
If I try to dial an IPKall number via Betamax I get SIP Error 500.
July 6th 12 07:21 PM
by Graham. Go to last post
7 829
Moving from Vonage to a free provider by WendyBurger
Hi, I'm currently with Vonage on their basic plan which is 3.49 a month, I don't get any minutes with this which is fine as I only use it for incoming calls. Is there a free service I could move to and take my number with me? I have a local number at the moment which was provided to my by Vonage, thing is losing it will be a pain in the butt having to update everyone.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
June 22nd 12 01:46 AM
by WendyBurger Go to last post
24 2,409
Vonage by JoRob64
Has anyone had any experience with Vonage please?
June 19th 12 12:24 PM
by 77002 Go to last post
5 2,925
FastVoip bites the dust by Theo Markettos
Once upon a time this was a promising alternative to Betamax. Only it didn't work. No real surprise at this then: --- Dear Valued FastVoip user/reseller, FastVoip is writing to let you know that we will no longer be providing service starting October...
June 13th 12 11:52 PM
by Brian A Go to last post
3 781
Changing call forwarding without PC access by Malcolm Loades
We require a single 'phone number which then forwards to another number (this must be a mobile). Problem is that the mobile number may need to be changed 2 or 3 times a day. It would be easy if we had access to a PC each time we need to change the number to receive the forwarded calls, but we don't :-( Does anyone offer forwarding which can be controlled from a handset? Malcolm
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
June 8th 12 09:25 PM
by Graham. Go to last post
21 2,473
Simple SIP phone for providing support by Mark Rogers
I'm looking for a simple SIP phone to supply to a customer for support purposes. Therefore I don't need a desktop phone with the capability of dialing anywhere; I just want the ability to preconfigure it with (eg) a Sipgate account and give it the ability to call a pre-defined support contact. If it could do nothing else that would be a bonus (ie you can use it to call the support contact, or to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 8th 12 08:42 PM
by alexd Go to last post
15 1,590
Beware Latest Skype Update by CJB
There's yet another Skype update being auto-installed. No you don't get a warning, nor a choice. You sign in and immediately the update begins downloading - and it takes about 10 minutes. The download can take a chunk out of your allowance if you're on a restrictive contract such as Three's 1GB per month plan, or a chunk out of your pocket if you're on a PAYG data plan. CJB.
June 2nd 12 02:48 PM
by Adam Go to last post
5 841
Selling my Sipgate box - any security issues? by [email protected]
I've used Sipgate via my Virgin Media broadband using a Netgear TA612VSP for some years. I've now decided to abandon Sipgate and get a proper landline.. In the early days when I first got the Netgear Sipgate device I remember logging into the thing via a browser to access the settings. I've tried doing this again today with a view to clearing out my settings but can't seem to access is using the...
May 31st 12 06:17 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 741
Question about Skype by Anthony R. Gold
I use Skype (now Version 5.9) to chat to friends and relatives around the world. I just added a camera and its image is confusing me. In My Computer, and to others with whom I am chatting, the video image is correct. But only in my own Skype monitor window my image is mirror reversed. My friends tell me that their self-images are correct. Is this a bug or a settings error?
May 27th 12 06:22 PM
by Ria Elaine Jones Go to last post
9 1,091
Not strictly a Voip question, about call blocking by Anti-Spam
I know its not strictly a voip question, but maybe you can help. We use someone elses apartment/roof to launch our internet connection (via a radio bridge link) to our complex about 5Kms away. At the moment in return for this favour, we give them free internet access. The incoming Telefonica ADSL line comes with free incoming phone calls and free outgoing national phone calls. I would like to...
May 25th 12 10:30 PM
by David Woolley Go to last post
1 620
Nokia C3-01 by Woody
My employer has just given me one of the above phones on Orange business. I have a VoIP account that I would like to install on the phone so that I can use it through wi-fi when away on hols. Unfortunately the phone only seems to offer a small number (5 I think) of service providers none of which is mine. Does anyone know how I can install my own provider (voip.co.uk) onto the phone?
May 22nd 12 11:04 PM
by Woody Go to last post
0 661
Fritzbox 7170 replacement by Anti-Spam
Posting this question again, 1st seems to have got lost somewhere? My home Fritzbox Fon 7170 got blew up by a lightning strike to the incoming line somewhere, and I need to replace it. The things I need are as follows Ability to connect ADSL phone line in Connect two Analogue house phones Ability to operate three or more VOIP accounts 4 wired LAN connectors
May 2nd 12 08:47 AM
by philippe_d Go to last post
2 1,018
Getting some revenue from Voip customers. by Anti-Spam
I set up a internet system for a small camp site and I have some customers who pay me each month for a connection to it. I also installed some voip adaptors for them, so they could have a phone. At the moment I just give them Sipgates details, they set up an account with them, and I set up the voip adaptors with the sipgate details they are given, from there on they deal with sipgate direct for...
April 19th 12 08:49 AM
by Henry Fartknocker III Go to last post
3 991
Post New Thread

Display Options
Showing threads 201 to 220 of 4446