Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 03:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 23,353
Shared VoIP access by Woody
I have a need to have the same VoIP number accessible from two different locations but both registered onto the system at the same time. I have a recollection that I have seen on here that some VSPs provide this capability. The need is for a home phone and office phone on the same number that can be answered at home or at the office which are about 6 miles apart. TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
July 12th 19 07:32 PM
by Michael Chare[_2_] Go to last post
19 229
Double NAT - any hope of VOIP by www.GymRatZ.co.uk
As per subject, Any chance of STUN helping VoIP from Draytek router (2862Vac) with integrated VoIP client finding success through router WAN connecting over ethernet into a WiFi Access Point running in client mode that's connected to 5GHz virgin media wifi from super hub 2. Currently a Gigaset Voip box is plugged into said access point and working fine but adding the 2nd router into the mix I'm...
June 19th 19 11:44 PM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
4 93
Ofcom consultations by [email protected]
Ofcom have recently launched a number of consultations taking into account how the move to IP is affecting the future provision of telephone numbers Promoting trust in telephone numbers - This document sets out our proposal for a key change in the way numbers are used by networks, which we believe is necessary to tackle nuisance and scam calls. Our proposal could also support better processes...
May 5th 19 04:50 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 31
Router port forwarding for VoIP by Woody
I have a Sipura SPA2000 for use on Sipgate. It has developed a habit of losing its network connection requiring a power cycle to get it to reconnect. This is not new but the frequency of it happening is getting worse. One suggestion I have seen is to set up port forwarding for it. I am using a TP-Link Archer D2 router and port forwarding comes under the banner of Virtual Server. I have no...
April 19th 19 08:57 PM
by David Higton Go to last post
8 9
Easy to use voip phones, what's available nowadays? by Chris Green
We have an ageing Gigaset C475IP DECT/VOIP system and it's beginning to get unreliable with less than good battery charging etc. (We have replaced most of the batteries now but it's still not too good) Our main phone use is still the landline, VOIP is just backup and used to make another call when the landline is in use. So I'm considering getting a cheap and, hopefully, reliable DECT system...
April 8th 19 12:46 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
5 9
April 8th 19 12:18 AM
by sady assad Go to last post
0 5
Softphones for Betamax by voipuser[_2_]
I can't stand any more complaints about audio quality from people when I speak to them on Betamax voipcheap.co.uk using the Betamax voipconnect softphone Audio quality is perfect both ways with Skype. Please recommend a generic windows softphone to work with voipcheap.co.uk. Ideally one that can extract my caller names and numbers from the cloud at Betamax.
April 4th 19 09:10 PM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
7 1,921
Need to abandon betamax by tom west
Currently using VoipStunt / betamax, which we mainly use for relatives to ring Japan from the U.K. Because of the time zone difference the window of time for phoning is fairly narrow, which i guess means a lot of people phoning at more or less the same time. Now we expect a few hiccups, since we phone from our laptop; but lately the service has just got too bad. With the Voipstunt...
April 3rd 19 08:01 AM
by Lucifer Go to last post
8 2,315
Oh FFS ... now what ?! by Andrew Gabriel
+uk.telecom.voip In article , Jethro_uk writes: I have an old Grandstream VOIP phone I inherited a while back (with 3 more in the loft, so not a worry). Not used a great deal, but it lives on my desk. Just a few minutes ago, the LCD backlight came on (thus catching my eye)
February 27th 19 08:56 PM
by MissRiaElaine[_2_] Go to last post
2 2,083
CSipSimple for Android. by David Wade[_3_]
On 24/02/2019 15:43, Graham. wrote: CSipSimple seems to have gone AWOL from the play-store, is there another way of obtaining it? Permissions issue..... .... more info here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/csipsimple-users/tJfMqXrznOI
February 25th 19 09:43 AM
by David Wade[_3_] Go to last post
0 3
Sipgate to Voipfone and a problem with CSipSimple by Murmansk
I've been using a free Sipgate account for a couple of years to provide the local number for incoming calls to my small business.This has worked well and cost me almost nothing as I don't really make any outgoing calls on the account. Given that my phone number is now so important to my business I'm porting the number to Voipfone as I'd rather pay a bit of money each month so that if I have any...
January 10th 19 10:01 PM
by Murmansk Go to last post
8 1,475
Silent calls from IP number via Sipgate by David Lawrence
Can anyone advise me as to how to stop silent calls coming to my VoIP phone. I am using Sipgate, and I get silent calls from a number that displays as IP 009024115794, I am not sure if all the calls are from the same number as they are not recorded in the call log, and once the call stops, the number disappears, but the calls come at all times, probably once every 3 days, including during...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 2nd 19 11:18 PM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
17 2,229
Which codec for Betamax \ Dellmont in Siemens A580 by Ken[_2_]
I'm using a Siemens A580 IP for my VOIP calls. Using Discount Voip for my outgoing calls. It works OK but I can certainly tell an audio difference between that and say Voipfone, which is what I am using for incoming calls. I was just wondering what codec selection other folk were using for the various Betamax services. I'm on a 150 mbps FTTP connection.
December 12th 18 02:03 PM
by MissRiaElaine[_2_] Go to last post
9 1,590
03NOW.co.uk by Soruk
On 2018-10-14, Graham wrote: Has 03NOW.co.uk gone the same way as UKDDI ? All my existing 03 number routings still work, but the management platform http://03now.co.uk just redirects to the parent site https://nexbridge.co.uk/ so I can't amend anything. I sent Nexbridge an email this morning, and got this reply: -----
November 20th 18 02:43 PM
by Soruk Go to last post
4 1,802
Distinctive Ring Tone for number prefixes by Andrew Benham
My Grandstream ATA allows me to set distinctive ring tones based on Caller ID, and I'm using that successfully. The manual also tells me I can set distinctive ring tones based on prefix: """For example: If configured as *617, Ring Tone 1 will be used in case of call arrived from the area code 617.""" OK, nice feature, so I'll configure a distinctive ring tone for the prefix 020836 - which will...
November 15th 18 05:45 PM
by Andrew Benham Go to last post
7 1,674
VOiP in home with analogue phone line by Andy Hawkins
Hi all, We currently have a Virgin Media analogue phone line, connected to a DECT base station which provides answerphone, caller ID and phone service to a number of Dect handsets around the house. If I wanted to keep the analogue line, is there a device I can plug into the analogue phone line, that will then give me VOIP service within my home. I envisage this device connecting to my local...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 5th 18 10:00 PM
by Andy Hawkins Go to last post
44 6,209
VoIP with existing wiring and an NTE5c by Andrew Benham
I'm planning to switch my landline number over to a VoIP provider, and use an ATA to connect to the existing phone wiring and handsets. That way my aged parent doesn't need to learn anything new. I used to have 2 master sockets - an early NTE5 with a DSL faceplate, and then a single pair link from the filtered side of that to a 'voice only' master socket. That was done to make it easy to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 23rd 18 03:10 PM
by Andy Burns[_5_] Go to last post
63 7,746
Need cheap voip(or skype alternative) by CiprianGr
Hello. I have like 10-15 numbers and with them I have to call to one UK number simultaneous. Do you have any recommendations? I used to use skype but it's not so cheap that I thought.. Ty!
September 28th 18 05:58 PM
by gaomymy1 Go to last post
1 2,126
CSip Simple - can't answer calls - no button! by Murmansk
I use C Sip Simple on my Android phone with Sipgate, when a call comes in and I want to answer it on the mobile it rings but there's often no button displayed to press to answer the call and by the time I've tried searching for one or pressing the icon for SSip the call's gone to voicemail! Is there some obscure setting I need to change? Thanks
September 26th 18 05:31 PM
by Murmansk Go to last post
3 2,098
Wierd problem with Siemens Gigaset C475IP and multicast (maybe) by Chris Green
We have a largeish house with WiFi and wired LAN using two Draytek routers (a 2860n and a 2820n) plus several switches. The 2820n is now just a WiFi access point, i.e. its WANs are not connected to anything and it just runs as a switch with WiFi. The C475IP used to be connected to the 2820n but since we started using Youview (via PlusNet) more extensively it was getting rather temperamental.
September 21st 18 01:34 AM
by Pancho Go to last post
3 2,102
Post New Thread