Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 02:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 20,850
UKDDI - dying by Soruk
Yes, I know, the service has been effectively shut down, but those with numbers forwarded to a SIP address were able to still use them. Lately I've noticed that the numbers I've had with them have become unreliable. They had instructed us to accept calls from 87.117.74.1 and 87.117.75.1. Some time recently, the second of these paths has gone offline, so if their load balancing mechanism is...
April 7th 17 02:44 AM
by Soruk Go to last post
2 1,782
Using 3G/4G for VOIP - issues? by Chris Green
I'm considering setting up a small laptop to use as a VOIP 'phone. I use VOIP already quite a lot so know the basic ins and outs and I have accounts at Sipgate and SipDiscount. If I get a 'MiFi' router and a data only 3G/4G SIM am I likely to hit any problems with mobile providers not allowing VOIP via their data SIMs? If so then which providers (if any) do this? Are there any other gotchas...
April 4th 17 08:32 PM
by Stephen Go to last post
9 1,583
I'm confused about my VOIP setup (not used for a long time) by Chris Green
I have two VOIP service accounts, on is at SIP-Discount and the other is at SipGate. I use the SIP Discount one to make calls from my mobile phone when I have a WiFi connection using my SipGate account. What is confusing me now is that I have (from a long time ago) two phone mumbers registered with these providers, one with each. How do these work? I.e. if I call one of these numbers where...
April 3rd 17 07:01 PM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
9 1,545
Echo on Sipgate by Richmond
When using sipgate to make calls, people whom I call report they can hear an echo of their own voice. I have tried using headphones but it makes no difference. What is causing the echo? How can I stop it? I am using Twinkle, a linux client.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
March 10th 17 02:29 PM
by Richmond Go to last post
25 3,968
sipgate lack of ringing tone by Andy Burns[_5_]
When calling a sipgate number from a PSTN line I hear ringing tone while waiting for the call to be answered, but when calling the same number from a mobile (Tesco/O2), there is only silence until the call is answered. The called VOIP phone is ringing in both cases, with no issues of one-way audio when the calls are answered. It seems this may be due to sipgate sending the ringing tone as...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 9th 17 02:35 PM
by Nick Go to last post
11 2,282
Recommendation for an ATA, please by Malcolm Loades[_2_]
I'm probably spoiled by only ever having FritzBoxes which allow almost anything! However, I need to set someone else up with an ATA and a single analogue telephone. The requirement is for the one telephone to receive incoming calls from VOIP provider 'A' and to have a calling plan which routes outgoing calls via VOIP provider 'A', a second VOIP provider 'B', or the PSTN dependant on the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 19th 17 08:44 PM
by Andy Burns[_5_] Go to last post
44 3,826
Sipgate with Zoiper on Android - Zoiper doesn't ring by Murmansk
I've got a Sipgate domestic VOIP account and have connected my ordinary home phone to it via a Cisco ATA. I can make and receive calls OK. I've installed Zoiper on my Android smartphone and can make calls via Sipgate using that but when I ring my Sipgate number from another phone I thought both the home phone and the Zoiper smartphone should ring, but Zoiper doesn't. Is there some setting I...
February 11th 17 07:05 PM
by Murmansk Go to last post
5 1,420
Dumb question about IP phones... by Rob Nicholson
We're about to start an evaluation of Swyx in preparation for move to a new office. So to have a look around, we need a few IP telephones. There are lots out there :-) But the thing that confuses me is that the phones appear to have a fixed set of features on the buttons. I kind of expected the keys on an IP phone to be entirely programmable and defined on the VOIP PBX, i.e. by Swyx...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 31st 17 02:17 PM
by Inararity Go to last post
17 2,488
How many phone sockets on Sipgate by Murmansk
I'm planning on installing a set of phone sockets all connected to one socket that is connected to a Cisco ATA that allows me to have VOIP calls on normal phones via Sipgate. Is there a limit to the number of phones you can have - a bit like the REN I remember with normal phones? In my setup, presumably the ringing current comes from the Cisco ATA rather than from the BT phone line as there...
January 16th 17 09:42 PM
by MissRiaElaine Go to last post
2 1,334
To VOIP or not ; SIPGATE or NOT ; LINKSYS ATA OR NOT - bogged down by satyp
Good afternoon all I'm new to the VOIP, the VOIP @HOME world and also new on here, & so much information to consider.. Would appreciate any feedback, pointers, watchouts, or pitfalls before I take the big leap porting to VOIP in about a month's time. For My provider :- I think I have settled with SIPGATE for the moment, with VOIPFONE as my next best choice if SIPGATE doesn't work...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 30th 16 05:10 PM
by Andrew Gabriel Go to last post
47 4,081
Sky and Sipgate by [email protected]
Help please. Having problems with a Yealink T28 and Sipgate (and A&A) accounts after changing to Sky and the new Sky router. Previously worked fine with Talktalk and Plusnet but I've made that many changes to the phone's settings fiddling it's like fumbling in the dark with a car engine and realising I've dismantled it to meccano level. I've updated the phone's firmware to latest version and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 23rd 16 08:19 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
16 1,934
IPKall with Sipgate by Mark Ingle
I'm trying out a sipgate account on my Starcom phone, and it is working great for incoming and outgoing local calls. I did a web search and some have reported that they have had no problems registering an IPKall US phone number with Sipgate, but I can't get it to work. I initially thought that it might take longer to set the service up, but it has been a couple of days and it still isn't...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
December 10th 16 04:57 PM
by Ria Elaine Gray-Jones Go to last post
25 2,994
Cisco SPA9000..? by Ria Elaine Gray-Jones
Does anyone have experience of setting one of these units up..? I am considering one but not sure how to go about configuration. I have 6 SIP lines currently on a Gigaset N300IP but would prefer a wired installation rather than cordless. I have a couple of SPA501G IP phones which work ok but there is no facility to transfer calls between them or intercom or anything. If I can get an SPA9000...
December 10th 16 04:57 AM
by Anthony R. Gold Go to last post
5 702
BT Broadband Voice problems by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
It was working on 19th October, but since late last week the program reports "Error in response from server please try again" and it won't register on my Gigaset either. In BT's web site, which has moved, you can't pay, recent calls and bills don't appear correctly, many links are broken, although you can reinstall the BT Office Communicator. Not managed to Google anything about whether BT...
October 24th 16 01:14 PM
by Harry Stottle Go to last post
1 804
GoIP GSM gateway + FreePBX by Dave
Anyone know if the GoIP GSM gateway adapter is any good with FreePBX ? or is there a better device ? Dave.
October 13th 16 01:42 PM
by cezar Go to last post
1 851
Any Asterisk expert out there? by Woody
From the start let me say I know almost nothing about Linux or Asterisk. A friend works from his home office but has an assistant based in an office about 40 miles away (don't ask.) Both have good speed broadband and a single PSTN line at each location. They both have mobiles. It occurs to me that it should be possible to set up some sort of virtual telephone system so that incoming calls...
October 12th 16 11:22 PM
by Graham J[_2_] Go to last post
5 580
Fritzbox 7360 International by MarkieMix
My Fritzbox 7170 of some 6 years got damaged by a lightning strike and I need to replace it. I live in Spain but do not speak spanish very well. The model on Amazon which has caught my attention is the 7360 International model 20002536. I normally do my research on Amazon.uk and then buy on Amazon.es (to get the delivery charge down). I want to order one...
September 4th 16 11:46 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
2 851
Advice wanted for a very simple voip setup by Kevin
I have a very elderly relative who has recently moved into a care home, and he would like to have the facility for very occasional incoming and outgoing telephone calls - perhaps only one or two a week, to UK landlines only. His poor eyesight and lack of dexterity make typical - even "big button" mobile phones, laptops, or tablets unsuitable. He could still comfortably manage a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 4th 16 12:10 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
31 2,133
SPA112 by Peter Andrews[_2_]
Do I need to make up an RJ11 - RJ11 lead to connect my SPA112 to a phone? It appears that I need contacts 3 and 4 on the SPA but 2 and 5 on the phone and none of the half dozen or so leads that I have meet that spec! Currently working by connecting via a spare BT style socket. Peter
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 28th 16 11:08 AM
by Bob Eager[_3_] Go to last post
15 1,213
Incoming Audio by Phil
Hi all , Bit of a strange one. I'm having problems with incoming audio on my Windows 10 laptop using either X-Lite or Zoiper (on Sipgate). I've set Stun up, but that didn't help. The weird thing is using my a Android devices and the CsipSimple app on the same network works fine. Just wondering if there's something Windows 10 specific, as my previous laptop running W7 worked fine?
June 23rd 16 12:31 PM
by Phil Go to last post
4 832
Post New Thread