Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 03:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 21,645
POTS line to/from VoIP by David Higton
Clearly, from what I've read, I'm not the only person to have wanted to convert their POTS land line to VoiP. However, I'm unable to find a solution that is currently available in the UK. It would be convenient to receive POTS calls on our mobiles while at home. Being able to receive them if we're not at home is absolutely NOT essential, but might be a nice-to-have (I have OpenVPN working). I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
June 30th 18 02:13 AM
by Theo[_2_] Go to last post
21 1,961
Sipgate Problem by MissRiaElaine
On 07/06/18 16:33, MissRiaElaine wrote: On 07/06/18 14:52, Andy Burns wrote: Anthony R. Gold wrote: I am not hearing callers on incoming calls to my Sipgate number. checked your STUN settings? That's all I can think of. All ok on 5 numbers here, and no STUN settings are even set..!
June 10th 18 02:19 PM
by Chris in Makati Go to last post
6 1,043
Sipgate im Vereinigtes Konigreich und Brexit by DrTeeth
On Sun, 20 May 2018 14:09:47 -0400, just as I was about to take a herb, "Anthony R. Gold" disturbed my reverie and wrote: I believe you misunderstood the point of that post. EHIC cards are/were unconditionally available to all however people past a certain age and/or with pre-existing medical conditions likely have no affordable access to private health insurance...
May 21st 18 02:24 PM
by DrTeeth Go to last post
0 581
Too quiet when using VOIP by Murmansk
I have a Sipgate line that I use at home using a Cisco ATA connected to some cordless phones and it works fine Incoming calls also go to my Android mobile phone on which I have installed CSip Simple. The problem is that when a call comes in on the mobile the volume is not very loud (in the earpiece speaker) and I can't make it any louder using the phone's volume control - also people at the...
May 7th 18 12:52 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
5 671
Yealink W60P by Dave
Anyone have any experience with Yealink and in particular the W60P combo ? (W56H handset) Dave.
April 5th 18 11:11 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 771
Change phone number displayed on RX phone. SPA 112 by [email protected]
Sipgate VOIP with SPA 112. Outgoing call from voip phone display a phone number on RX phone which is the phone number of my landline (not the voip number of the TX phone). I cannot remember how it got like this, maybe even a default. I need to change the outgoing CLI of the voip phone to present a different landline number, or the voip number or eventually a mobile
March 19th 18 04:32 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 876
wifi calling by Woody
IDmobile have just informed my that wifi calling is now available, which is great. However, it doesn't work abroad. Is there any technical justification for this? Surely it doesn't matter where in the world the Wi-Fi is. Wi-fi calling - or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) - will work in the UK as it is using ID's infrastructure to connect, but
February 25th 18 06:17 PM
by Stephen Go to last post
3 862
What's the latest and greatest ATA FXS adapter now ? by Dave
I'm looking to upgrade my router to a DrayTek Vigor 2862AC from a Draytek 2600VG which has two FXS ports that will need replacing hence my subject - what is the 'best' single or dual port ATA now ? Dave.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 31st 18 07:36 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
10 1,508
Finarea/Betamax/Dellmont down by Soruk
My VoIP server started reporting that my Finarea / Betamax / Dellmont trunks were down. Looking more closely, they all use ns1 and ns3 .finarea.ch - both of which are not responding. -- -- Michael "Soruk" McConnell Eridani Star System MailStripper - http://www.MailStripper.eu/ - SMTP spam filter Second Number - http://secondnumber.matrixnetwork.co.uk/
January 24th 18 11:10 AM
by Soruk Go to last post
2 892
Linksys SPA 3102 by Dave
Hi, My Linksys SPA3102 has just died (Flashing red power LED) and wondered what the latest replacement would be ?? (FXS and FXO ports) It fail due to a mains power fluctuation ! Dave.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 23rd 17 03:44 PM
by MissRiaElaine Go to last post
16 2,613
False voicemail notifications on Csip Simple by Murmansk
I have a Sipgate account and as well as accessing it at home using a Cisco ATA attached to my router I also access it using Csip Simple on a Motorola Moto E Android mobile phone. The problem is that on the mobile phone I keep getting voicemail notifications implying that I have a Sipgate voicemail message but I actually never get any voicemail messages on Sipgate, these are all false alarms...
August 22nd 17 11:55 PM
by Bob Eager[_3_] Go to last post
6 1,503
I good ios client I have found by Richmond[_2_]
I have been using Session Chat for sipgate and it seems pretty good. I had been considering abandoning sipgate for skype, but now I am not so sure. Here it is: http://www.sessiontalk.co.uk/iphone-sip-voip-phone-dialer/ I am not connected in any way to the company, I just installed the free app and started using it. I get no complaints about echo anymore.
August 21st 17 12:20 PM
by Richmond[_2_] Go to last post
0 1,422
Softphones for Betamax by voipuser[_2_]
I can't stand any more complaints about audio quality from people when I speak to them on Betamax voipcheap.co.uk using the Betamax voipconnect softphone Audio quality is perfect both ways with Skype. Please recommend a generic windows softphone to work with voipcheap.co.uk. Ideally one that can extract my caller names and numbers from the cloud at Betamax.
June 16th 17 08:43 PM
by Richmond[_2_] Go to last post
4 1,733
Betamax (voipcheap) issues by www.GymRatZ.co.uk
Is anyone else having issues with Betamax clones lately? voipcheap.co.uk is regularly giving the message "no rowtes found" (Obviously it should be routes as in roots) This happened for an excessively long spell this afternoon but from having never had a problem in the last... 10 years or so to having almost daily issues with "no rowtes found" seems to me that all is not well in the Betamax...
May 25th 17 10:06 PM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
4 1,856
Sipgate postal address authentication by Graham.[_3_]
In the last week or so Sipgate have introduced a requirement for newly created accounts, in addition to the normal email activation link, they must now be activated with a code sent by post, to the address registered for 999 purposes. You cannot make or receive calls until you receive and submit the code. Providing Sipgate an address for Emergency Services has been necessary for some time now,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
May 24th 17 05:29 PM
by John Stepney Go to last post
27 3,614
Nuisance call: government energy saving by MissRiaElaine
On 16/05/17 23:07, brightside S9 wrote: On Tue, 16 May 2017 17:48:08 +0100, "Woody" wrote: Call blocker no good if the call comes up as International, Unavailable, or Withheld..... Mine does, if selected to do so. 18 quid IIRC on Ebay.
May 20th 17 07:05 PM
by Mark Go to last post
1 1,564
Can I port a landline number to VOIP, who to use? by Chris Green
I currently have two landlines both with ADSL which, with load balancing, gives me around 10Mb/s broadband. However we're getting FTTC which means one line will suffice. We'd like to keep the number on the second line, so:- Can I port the landline to VOIP? (It's on the Waldringfield exchange, 01473, if that's of any consequence) If I can port the number who can I do it with?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
April 20th 17 09:24 PM
by Mark Go to last post
12 3,265
UKDDI - dying by Soruk
Yes, I know, the service has been effectively shut down, but those with numbers forwarded to a SIP address were able to still use them. Lately I've noticed that the numbers I've had with them have become unreliable. They had instructed us to accept calls from 87.117.74.1 and 87.117.75.1. Some time recently, the second of these paths has gone offline, so if their load balancing mechanism is...
April 7th 17 03:44 AM
by Soruk Go to last post
2 1,850
Using 3G/4G for VOIP - issues? by Chris Green
I'm considering setting up a small laptop to use as a VOIP 'phone. I use VOIP already quite a lot so know the basic ins and outs and I have accounts at Sipgate and SipDiscount. If I get a 'MiFi' router and a data only 3G/4G SIM am I likely to hit any problems with mobile providers not allowing VOIP via their data SIMs? If so then which providers (if any) do this? Are there any other gotchas...
April 4th 17 09:32 PM
by Stephen Go to last post
9 1,622
I'm confused about my VOIP setup (not used for a long time) by Chris Green
I have two VOIP service accounts, on is at SIP-Discount and the other is at SipGate. I use the SIP Discount one to make calls from my mobile phone when I have a WiFi connection using my SipGate account. What is confusing me now is that I have (from a long time ago) two phone mumbers registered with these providers, one with each. How do these work? I.e. if I call one of these numbers where...
April 3rd 17 08:01 PM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
9 1,605
Post New Thread