Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 03:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 22,146
C Library/Source code for building up a VoIP connection ? by Martin Maurer
Hello, i want to develop programs which are VoIP based. Does someone know if there are C libraries or better source code for building up a SIP connection ? I think i also need the same for STUN. Are there any open projects for this ? Regards, Martin
May 14th 05 04:08 PM
by Martin Maurer Go to last post
2 533
Newbie question by Stephane M
Hello, I am following your conversation and try to understand VoIP... :-) 1) If I use VoIPphone provider and a Cisco ATA 186 for instance... How can make a call of somebody, using a another VoIP phone ? a) how to dial a "phone number " ?? 2) honestly, calling somebofy using the same AT186, do I really need a VoIP provider ?
May 14th 05 02:23 PM
by Phil Thompson Go to last post
3 681
Company Info by S W
Hi, Which is the biggest VOIP company? Which of the VOIP companies has VOIP as their main business? I'm interested for possibly future investments. Thanks SW
May 14th 05 12:18 AM
by S W Go to last post
2 767
Sipgate external gateway down - again by Thomas Sandford
Sipgate once again (as of 21:05 on 13th May) seems to be dead to the outside world. Internal (sipgate to sipgate) calls still work, but nothing in from or out to the wider PSTN. Guys - you _really_ need to get a grip on this - it's just not good enough for a service that's being sold to the general public - people need a phone service they can rely on. And you'll find the statement "No Refund!...
May 13th 05 10:22 PM
by Thomas Sandford Go to last post
0 545
VOIP in Houston, TX by Philippe Deleye
Anybody knows a VOIP provider in Houston, TX * where I can apply for a (free) number in the (713) area ? * from where I suppose I can call Houston numbers for free (AFAIK local calls in the US are free ??) Thanks Philippe
May 13th 05 08:52 PM
by Philippe Deleye Go to last post
0 587
Netgear TA612V Sipgate. by wooosh
For those interested in the NETGEAR TA612V presently being offered by Sipgate............... Mine arrived today and took about one hour to get going. This device is not recommended for use behind a router but it can be done. I have a DG834G router. I set the 612v with a WAN address in the range of the 834G and pointed all the relevant ports to this IP. Firstly I was confused to see there...
May 13th 05 05:07 PM
by wooosh Go to last post
7 1,407
1899 outbound by Oldie
I've googled for this, but I haven't found exactly what I want to know, so I apologise if it is out there. I am using snom's softphone together with 1899 VOIP, and I have found it does pretty well everything that I want. In particular I like to be able to choose which of my registered numbers to send as the outgoing CLI (i.e. home line, business line or mobile, depending where I would like the...
May 13th 05 11:44 AM
by Oldie Go to last post
0 608
1899 Setting Up With VOIP Phone by Phil
Sorry I am a novice when it comes to VOIP. I have set up 1899 with the client downloaded from thier website and it works great. I was wondering if there is a VOIP phone I could plug into my router/phone line to make calls via 1899 and recieve call normaly via BT, is there such a device. I would like the phone to be cordless if possible.
May 13th 05 05:57 AM
by LUCIO NOTARANGELO Go to last post
6 819
Two 1899 VOIP calls simultaneously? by Jono
wrote: || Is it possible to make two 1899 VOIP calls at the same time? My || testing indicates not. On my Sipura 2100 it would allow two calls but || 1899's service gives beep, beep when you place the second call. || || It's not any problem with the Sipura, but an administrative || limitation of 1899. || || If you have one customer number, but the two calls originating from ||...
May 12th 05 11:35 PM
by Linus Surguy Go to last post
2 677
Cisco ATA186 Phone2 Dead by TheDragon
I have connected a 2nd phone to the phone 2 socket, expecting it to be a parallel of phone 1, its dead. Is there a config setting to enable phone2 to operate. I am on Bt BroadbandVoice
May 12th 05 10:35 PM
by TheDragon Go to last post
4 762
Improving X-Lite sound quality by Ivor Jones
"Al" wrote in message ... My broadband uplink speed is only 64kb. I presume this is the main reason for the fact that people I call using X-Lite softphone tell me they have problems hearing me (even though I can hear them crystal clear). Is it worth my playing with the codecs to try to improve the situation and is there...
May 12th 05 09:01 PM
by The Cable Guy Go to last post
6 648
1899 by The Cable Guy
wrote: || Could anyone please post the Sipura configeration settings for 1899 || VOIP . || Thanks proxy/outbound proxy = sip.1899.com user ID = 1899+YourFullPhoneNumber Use Auth ID = no Everything else should be more or less the same as Sipgate ('tis here
May 12th 05 07:59 PM
by The Cable Guy Go to last post
0 667
Info 0844 by VoceSuIP.com
I am wondering if a number starting with 0844 is a number for which people they need to pay a special rate. Thank you -- http://www.vocesuip.com Forum sul VoIP - Appena Nato - (in Italiano) Aiutateci a fare crescere questo Forum
May 12th 05 05:02 PM
by {{{{{Welcome}}}}} Go to last post
1 803
Blueyonder carry this newsgroup now! by MikeV
Blueyonder now carry uk.telecom.voip I just feel sorry for NTL users -- -------------------- Michael Valentine "Scottish and proud of it"
May 11th 05 11:06 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
4 790
Problems at Sipgate AGAIN!! by David Floyd
Sipgate Voicemail down again. I suppose you get what you pay for. DF
May 11th 05 04:27 PM
by David Floyd Go to last post
3 859
Upgrading Grandstream ATA486 query by David Floyd
I have received instructions from Grandstream on how to upgrade the ATA486 which I bought from Sipgate and I wonder if some-one can help me understand how to do the upgrade. I don't want to appear too much of a nurd or Luddite to Grandstream so I'm hoping some-one can help me here. Grandstream have sent me the update files for version 1.0.5.23 which they instruct me to put in the root...
May 11th 05 03:08 PM
by David Floyd Go to last post
2 675
VoIP provider with CLI withhold by Robin Grayson
On Wed, 11 May 2005 07:55:08 +0100, Mark wrote: I'm looking for a SIP-based provider with incoming geo number for a small fee of up to a few pounds per month. Not too bothered about bundled minutes (it's for business use when working from home). JustDial Voip almost fits the bill but they don't support per-line or
May 11th 05 02:02 PM
by Robin Grayson Go to last post
4 883
no need? by keymaster
Hi LOL @ no need for this newsgroup - it looks plenty busy to me! cheers Roy
May 11th 05 01:46 PM
by keymaster Go to last post
0 688
ATA with FXO port by VoceSuIP.com
"Mark" wrote in message ... Any opinions on the Sipura SPA3000 or Grandstream Handytone ATA-488? Ease of use etc. Hi, I like the SIPURA 3000, but I cannot say that it is easy to use, but for sure you have a lot of option. check this link http://www.geekgazette.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=0,
May 11th 05 12:36 PM
by VoceSuIP.com Go to last post
0 759
Yay, about time too by ^^artnada^^
This group finally arrived. -- Remove MYBRAIN to reply
May 11th 05 08:13 AM
by ^^artnada^^ Go to last post
0 762
Post New Thread