Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 02:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 21,102
1899 Setting Up With VOIP Phone by Phil
Sorry I am a novice when it comes to VOIP. I have set up 1899 with the client downloaded from thier website and it works great. I was wondering if there is a VOIP phone I could plug into my router/phone line to make calls via 1899 and recieve call normaly via BT, is there such a device. I would like the phone to be cordless if possible.
May 13th 05 04:57 AM
by LUCIO NOTARANGELO Go to last post
6 774
Two 1899 VOIP calls simultaneously? by Jono
wrote: || Is it possible to make two 1899 VOIP calls at the same time? My || testing indicates not. On my Sipura 2100 it would allow two calls but || 1899's service gives beep, beep when you place the second call. || || It's not any problem with the Sipura, but an administrative || limitation of 1899. || || If you have one customer number, but the two calls originating from ||...
May 12th 05 10:35 PM
by Linus Surguy Go to last post
2 605
Cisco ATA186 Phone2 Dead by TheDragon
I have connected a 2nd phone to the phone 2 socket, expecting it to be a parallel of phone 1, its dead. Is there a config setting to enable phone2 to operate. I am on Bt BroadbandVoice
May 12th 05 09:35 PM
by TheDragon Go to last post
4 709
Improving X-Lite sound quality by Ivor Jones
"Al" wrote in message ... My broadband uplink speed is only 64kb. I presume this is the main reason for the fact that people I call using X-Lite softphone tell me they have problems hearing me (even though I can hear them crystal clear). Is it worth my playing with the codecs to try to improve the situation and is there...
May 12th 05 08:01 PM
by The Cable Guy Go to last post
6 599
1899 by The Cable Guy
wrote: || Could anyone please post the Sipura configeration settings for 1899 || VOIP . || Thanks proxy/outbound proxy = sip.1899.com user ID = 1899+YourFullPhoneNumber Use Auth ID = no Everything else should be more or less the same as Sipgate ('tis here
May 12th 05 06:59 PM
by The Cable Guy Go to last post
0 631
Info 0844 by VoceSuIP.com
I am wondering if a number starting with 0844 is a number for which people they need to pay a special rate. Thank you -- http://www.vocesuip.com Forum sul VoIP - Appena Nato - (in Italiano) Aiutateci a fare crescere questo Forum
May 12th 05 04:02 PM
by {{{{{Welcome}}}}} Go to last post
1 765
Blueyonder carry this newsgroup now! by MikeV
Blueyonder now carry uk.telecom.voip I just feel sorry for NTL users -- -------------------- Michael Valentine "Scottish and proud of it"
May 11th 05 10:06 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
4 746
Problems at Sipgate AGAIN!! by David Floyd
Sipgate Voicemail down again. I suppose you get what you pay for. DF
May 11th 05 03:27 PM
by David Floyd Go to last post
3 817
Upgrading Grandstream ATA486 query by David Floyd
I have received instructions from Grandstream on how to upgrade the ATA486 which I bought from Sipgate and I wonder if some-one can help me understand how to do the upgrade. I don't want to appear too much of a nurd or Luddite to Grandstream so I'm hoping some-one can help me here. Grandstream have sent me the update files for version 1.0.5.23 which they instruct me to put in the root...
May 11th 05 02:08 PM
by David Floyd Go to last post
2 593
VoIP provider with CLI withhold by Robin Grayson
On Wed, 11 May 2005 07:55:08 +0100, Mark wrote: I'm looking for a SIP-based provider with incoming geo number for a small fee of up to a few pounds per month. Not too bothered about bundled minutes (it's for business use when working from home). JustDial Voip almost fits the bill but they don't support per-line or
May 11th 05 01:02 PM
by Robin Grayson Go to last post
4 837
no need? by keymaster
Hi LOL @ no need for this newsgroup - it looks plenty busy to me! cheers Roy
May 11th 05 12:46 PM
by keymaster Go to last post
0 657
ATA with FXO port by VoceSuIP.com
"Mark" wrote in message ... Any opinions on the Sipura SPA3000 or Grandstream Handytone ATA-488? Ease of use etc. Hi, I like the SIPURA 3000, but I cannot say that it is easy to use, but for sure you have a lot of option. check this link http://www.geekgazette.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=0,
May 11th 05 11:36 AM
by VoceSuIP.com Go to last post
0 716
Yay, about time too by ^^artnada^^
This group finally arrived. -- Remove MYBRAIN to reply
May 11th 05 07:13 AM
by ^^artnada^^ Go to last post
0 702
UK to Norway Help by gav425
Is there a way to call Norway for free, i see most providers let you call USA and some European for free but have not found Norway yet. Thanks for any help. gav
May 10th 05 06:33 PM
by David Wood Go to last post
1 670
voip provider by David Wood
In message , Robert writes hi all, what's the cheapst VoIP provider for calling EU, USA, and CHina with a monthly flat rate? The question is probably best taken to uk.telecom.voip. You could look at BroadVoice (either Unlimited World or Unlimited World Plus depending on which countries you need).
May 10th 05 06:29 PM
by David Wood Go to last post
0 730
Recommendations please by Brian Abbott
Hi We have a small office which we're going to be moving from in a few months and this looks like a good point to ditch our existing PBX (3 outside lines, 6 extensions) and go for voip. But as I've only dabbled with voip up to now there's a lot I don't know! So, I'd be grateful if the gurus here could provide some advice on the following:
May 10th 05 06:29 PM
by Brian Abbott Go to last post
0 671
Bluetooth Headsets by David Wood
In message , Anthony R. Gold writes Right now the XP Bluetooth Devices wizard is showing that a Plantronics M2300 is Passkey enabled. That's the problem - there's no Bluetooth audio support in the Windows XP SP2 built in Bluetooth stack. You'll need to use a non-Microsoft Bluetooth stack, such as the Widcomm one.
May 10th 05 06:24 PM
by David Wood Go to last post
0 749
New user problems with JustDial VoIP by David Floyd
In message of Tue, 3 May 2005, writes On Tue, 3 May 2005 17:17:13 +0100, David Floyd wrote: I was thinking that JustDial would be more reliable than Sipgate as there is a charge for the service (1.99 per month). I've just joined up and received my registration details and immediately have two problems.
May 10th 05 08:44 AM
by David Floyd Go to last post
1 625
1899 VOIP faxing by David Floyd
In message of Mon, 9 May 2005, writes (from uk.telecom, just to see if anyone here has tried it) I am trying to use the G711 codec (the widest one) for faxing through 1899's VOIP service. It's not brilliant, even less than their PSTN service for faxing. Has anyone else tried it, and is there anything can be done to make it useable? Mine's a Sipura 2100 if that makes any difference. I...
May 10th 05 08:32 AM
by David Floyd Go to last post
0 728
How do I upgrade firmware for Grandstream ATA-486 by Ian
"David Floyd" wrote in message ... I have an ATA-486 supplied by sipgate. I now want to use it for another supplier but it requires firmware 1.0.5.23 whereas mine is 1.0.5.16. I thought that upgrades were supposed to happen automatically if the TFTP server IP address was entered.
May 10th 05 08:02 AM
by Ian Go to last post
0 753
Post New Thread