Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 03:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 21,731
Bluetooth Headsets by David Wood
In message , Anthony R. Gold writes Right now the XP Bluetooth Devices wizard is showing that a Plantronics M2300 is Passkey enabled. That's the problem - there's no Bluetooth audio support in the Windows XP SP2 built in Bluetooth stack. You'll need to use a non-Microsoft Bluetooth stack, such as the Widcomm one.
May 10th 05 07:24 PM
by David Wood Go to last post
0 770
New user problems with JustDial VoIP by David Floyd
In message of Tue, 3 May 2005, writes On Tue, 3 May 2005 17:17:13 +0100, David Floyd wrote: I was thinking that JustDial would be more reliable than Sipgate as there is a charge for the service (1.99 per month). I've just joined up and received my registration details and immediately have two problems.
May 10th 05 09:44 AM
by David Floyd Go to last post
1 640
1899 VOIP faxing by David Floyd
In message of Mon, 9 May 2005, writes (from uk.telecom, just to see if anyone here has tried it) I am trying to use the G711 codec (the widest one) for faxing through 1899's VOIP service. It's not brilliant, even less than their PSTN service for faxing. Has anyone else tried it, and is there anything can be done to make it useable? Mine's a Sipura 2100 if that makes any difference. I...
May 10th 05 09:32 AM
by David Floyd Go to last post
0 747
How do I upgrade firmware for Grandstream ATA-486 by Ian
"David Floyd" wrote in message ... I have an ATA-486 supplied by sipgate. I now want to use it for another supplier but it requires firmware 1.0.5.23 whereas mine is 1.0.5.16. I thought that upgrades were supposed to happen automatically if the TFTP server IP address was entered.
May 10th 05 09:02 AM
by Ian Go to last post
0 770
Dumb newbie question by Ian
"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message ... Hi, quick VOIP question before the FAQ turns up: Does VOIP only work in the client/server model i.e. you have to have a 3rd party server to connect two VOIP subscribers together, or do you only need 3rd party servers to bridge between the IP network (e.g. the Internet) and fixed/mobile...
May 10th 05 12:29 AM
by Ian Go to last post
0 641
1899 VOIP faxing by Graham
(from uk.telecom, just to see if anyone here has tried it) I am trying to use the G711 codec (the widest one) for faxing through 1899's VOIP service. It's not brilliant, even less than their PSTN service for faxing. Has anyone else tried it, and is there anything can be done to make it useable? Mine's a Sipura 2100 if that makes any difference. I think VOIP faxing generally is a...
May 10th 05 12:22 AM
by Graham Go to last post
0 759
Hands free voip handsets? by Darren J Longhorn
On Mon, 09 May 2005 15:36:20 +0100, JPG wrote: On Sat, 07 May 2005 00:22:27 +0100, Darren J Longhorn wrote: On Fri, 6 May 2005 23:37:19 +0100, "Graham" wrote: Are there any? I often like to have a good wank while I'm on the phone and need both hands.
May 9th 05 09:14 PM
by Darren J Longhorn Go to last post
0 700
Asterisk setup? by Ian
"Andrew Hodgson" wrote in message ... Hi, What are people using as Asterisk servers? What sort of specs are best, and does anyone know if there are any packaged systems available with web interface etc? I am not really sure of most of the config options in the config files - I am not a telecoms expert, although do ...
May 9th 05 06:36 PM
by Ian Go to last post
0 820
at last by David Floyd
In message of Sat, 7 May 2005, keymaster writes Hi again i forgot to say I have a SNOM 190 and they are fantastic. what is sipgate like, I am with voipfone.co.uk similar I think but I like the voicemail / music on hold and i love the sms2fone function. cheers I've looked at voipfone.co.uk and it looks as though you have to be on
May 8th 05 10:04 AM
by David Floyd Go to last post
0 752
Post New Thread