Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 02:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 20,604
UKDDI closing by Graham.[_3_]
Got this email yesterday. from Dave Knell who runs UKDDI Hi Graham - It became untenable for us to continue to offer the service - more and more scammers - so we took the decision to turn it off. Existing routings work fine, but I'd suggest that those who value their numbers should port them. Cheers --
April 21st 16 07:19 PM
by xhemp Go to last post
8 1,788
betamax softfone problems by voip-user[_2_]
I still have win xp on one of my old pcs. Everything was fine until (I believe) a Live Update on voipcheap.co.uk softfone (voipconnect). Now I can't get into the program, and get the message: "WSAPoll could not be located in WS2_32.dll" I do not believe that file or my registry are corrupted. A bit of Googling suggests the xp version of WS2_32.dll does not include WSAPoll, so it looks like it's...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 12th 16 04:49 PM
by Woody Go to last post
16 2,741
UKDDI - down? by Soruk
Hi folks, Is UKDDI's UI down, or is it just me? While I can log in, the only things I can do are change my password, and log out. Trying to go to www.ukddi.com it redirects to https://www.telng.com/ukddi.html which does not respond. However, my numbers are working.
February 18th 16 06:31 PM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
5 1,528
Gigaset "call divert" being set for no apparent reason by Nick
I monitor two separate friends Gigaset ip voip phones. In order to do so I have exposed the Gigaset web administration interface to the wan, with default 0000 pin. Recently I have noticed "Call divert" repeatedly being automatically set to on for no apparent reason. The divert to number is an Israel number 00972. I have a suspicion that due to my lax security the phones are being hacked. I...
February 17th 16 12:31 PM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
4 1,227
What's happened to UKDDI ? by Dave
Anyone know what's happened to UKDDI ?, I can login but no numbers ! Dave.
February 11th 16 02:57 PM
by Dave Go to last post
6 1,598
Extreme VOIP by Theo[_2_]
What's the best VOIP to use in the face of unreliable networks? I'm thinking of things like: Random multiple NAT (that you don't know about and can't control, eg CGNAT) Random port blocking Possibly dropped UDP/ICMP/etc Low bandwidth (eg GPRS) High latency High jitter
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 4th 16 10:00 PM
by Anthony R. Gold Go to last post
12 2,101
Help sought with config for BT SIP Trunk (Hipcom/Broadworks) andCisco SBC/CUBE and/or Call Manager Express by Mike Tubby
Does anyone have a working configuration for a BT SIP Trunk being used with a Cisco Session Border Controller (Cisco Unified Border Element)? I want to port our work phone system on to BT SIP Trunk and have been given the 0560........ Trunk Group Number and a password and not much else. I have a Cisco 2811 with CUBE/SBC on it (Advanced Enterprise 15.1(4)M9 ) and have a built a config based on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 14th 15 12:46 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
10 3,625
Sipgate Basic - Called ID outbound anyone? by Harold Finch
Following on from all the new Sipgate Basic changes and notwithstanding the earlier post about called ID being bust on Sipgate - Sipgate calls. I added the new free outgoing caller ID 'feature' to my account. Result is there is still no caller ID presented when calling any mobile or POTS phone. Not sure about Sipgate to Sipgate as haven't tried that yet. They seem to have made an almightly...
December 13th 15 08:05 AM
by Harold Finch Go to last post
2 1,111
Encrypted VoIP by www.GymRatZ.co.uk
I wonder when such a thing will come to fruition for companies like Voipfone for example. Then again I suppose there would be issues with ATA's not having an encrypted protocol(?) and the likes of Gigaset etc not updating older hardware or indeed older hardware not being able to handle the added load of call encryption/decryption. That said, I've been using RedPhone on my mobile for family...
December 1st 15 09:54 AM
by Rob van der Putten Go to last post
6 1,135
Problem with Gigaset and Sipgate - used to work perfectly by [email protected]
I am trying to get a Gigaset S685 IP system to work with SipGate. It's been working quit well for two or three years over various rather flakey internet connections but now it refuses to start at all. When I first tried (no changes from old settings) it did the usual "Provider Registration Failed" but now, having cleared everything out and started again it says "Server not accessible" in the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 29th 15 05:34 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
14 2,467
Voipfone and Fritz!Box by Malcolm Loades[_2_]
Have a bit of a nasty surprise today! On Thursday I had a BT number ported to Voipfone. This is my first experience of voipfone and everything I read seemed very positive. I already have a Sipgate voip number and Residential Account which work very well, but porting in a number would mean I'd have to be on the Business Phone service at 14.95 per month, thus the choice to use Voipfone at...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 20th 15 09:54 PM
by Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk )[_2_] Go to last post
18 2,355
ATAs by Malcolm Loades[_2_]
I'm now on my second Fritzbox and have been using them for 10 years (?). I know nothing else! What I want for a friend is a lower cost option since he already has a router with a spare LAN socket begging out for an ATA into which he can plug his existing cordless phone system. My question here is to ask if there is an ATA which will register with a minimum of two voip providers...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 13th 15 06:28 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
13 1,899
Sipgate caller ID broken by Nick B.
Since they made the Sipgate Basic changeover I've noticed that caller ID is broken but only sip-sip calls on Sipgate. On my Siemens handsets the caller is displayed as or withheld. Calls into sipgate from external are OK. Calls out to other lines ffrom sipgate show my outgoing PSTN number as I have the option enabled in the account. Is there something I need to change...
September 26th 15 10:29 PM
by Nick B. Go to last post
7 1,295
1899 and variants now .5p per minute by Bob L
Made call this morning to be told "half a P per minute". Went on 1899 and 18185 and they have started this charge from today. Could not see any ZERO P per mins. Also still charging the connection charge. --- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
September 21st 15 12:13 PM
by Bob L Go to last post
0 1,229
Marketing Call on (private) Sipgate number by Harold Finch
I have a few Sipgate numbers for various reasons. One of which is used only by members of my immediate family, usually for urgent/health related calls. Over the last couple of days I have received a few calls from a called ID of 02435 6898. Google seems to indicate that this number is allocated to some China Telco. The caller was female stating she was from the Milan Fashion House in Italy and...
September 6th 15 03:57 PM
by David Wade[_2_] Go to last post
6 1,157
Problems with Sipgate Basic anyone? by Woody
I set Sipgate Basic up as a standby for my F-i-L when they started taking new customers around Easter. The account however was set up under their old system (I was a bit quick off the mark!) the same system I have had for years and which has never bleated once. The phone is rarely used but sits there quite happily - that is until last week. It had a spate of incoming calls in the middle of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
August 31st 15 11:17 AM
by Woody Go to last post
13 2,290
How port BT landine No. to SIP by [email protected]
Hi, What is the process of porting a BT landline number to a virtual number which can then be ported to any SIP server? Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
August 16th 15 06:24 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
14 2,160
sipgate basic: new web interface by Allan
Looks like sipgate have introduced a new web interface, at least on their basic accounts. Change seems to have been implemented yesterday afternoon (25 June 2015) by the looks of various time-stamps. Not sure I like it that much, but then I really only used it for the calls log and that's been simplified (old version has much more detail and CSV et al download). New incarnation suggests...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
July 10th 15 07:55 AM
by Harold Finch Go to last post
20 2,775
Standard Phone Book XML? by Gordon Levi
I note that some VOIP hardware including my recently acquired FritzBox 7490 support import and export of a telephone book in XML format. First, is there a de facto standard definition of this XML? My googling has revealed different keywords for similar elements so, for example, a Yealink DirectoryEntry seems to be the same as a FritzBox contact. Second, is there software for displaying and...
July 7th 15 09:17 PM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
1 1,053
Slow to hear ringtone by Malcolm Loades
I had an original Fritzbox from around 8 years (?) ago which I've not used for some years now. I dug it out and have set it up for use by a charity in order to reduce call costs. The router registers with a Betamax company. The only problem the system has is that it is long time after dialling a number before ringtone is heard; around 10+ seconds. I can't recall this Fritzbox acting like...
June 8th 15 12:28 AM
by Michael Chare[_2_] Go to last post
5 998
Post New Thread