Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 02:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 20,861
Me or Sipgate? by Malcolm Loades[_2_]
Anyone else having problems with incoming calls via Sipgate? I'm using a Fritz!Box and it indicates that it's registered with Sipgate. Incoming calls ring the handset and display the callers number but answering the call does not make a connection. The caller continues to hear ringing tone until voicemail cuts in after 'x' rings. I can't check if calls would go out via Sipgate since I have...
June 15th 16 01:24 PM
by Bob L Go to last post
7 860
8746 to 8782 conversion by e27002 aurora
I need to convert a green 8746 into an 8782, and am looking for a 12 digit keypad and a green bezel. The bezel should have the plastic cover for the number. All my web searches have turned up nothing. Can anyone point me to a supplier? Thanks
June 12th 16 12:54 PM
by e27002 aurora Go to last post
0 536
Spain? by David Wade[_2_]
Folks, I would like a Spanish phone number. Any thoughts on a UK based, GB£ billing provider? Accessible from Android and iPad.. Dave G4UGM
May 13th 16 08:25 PM
by David Wade[_2_] Go to last post
5 1,025
discountvoip.co.uk Any good? by Phil
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Don't want to add credit if they're no good. Thanks in advance. -- ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
May 8th 16 11:26 AM
by Bob L Go to last post
13 1,570
How to tell if one is connected properly? by [email protected]
I'm sitting in France with a reasonable internet connection through which I can browse the internet, ssh to my home system to read E-Mail, browse newsgroups (hence this), etc. We have a Siemens Gigaset phone system here which certainl used to work a while ago using a similar internet connection but at the moment it is obstinately silent. I have two VOIP accounts, one with SIPgate and one with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
April 25th 16 02:59 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
15 1,453
UKDDI closing by Graham.[_3_]
Got this email yesterday. from Dave Knell who runs UKDDI Hi Graham - It became untenable for us to continue to offer the service - more and more scammers - so we took the decision to turn it off. Existing routings work fine, but I'd suggest that those who value their numbers should port them. Cheers --
April 21st 16 07:19 PM
by xhemp Go to last post
8 1,862
betamax softfone problems by voip-user[_2_]
I still have win xp on one of my old pcs. Everything was fine until (I believe) a Live Update on voipcheap.co.uk softfone (voipconnect). Now I can't get into the program, and get the message: "WSAPoll could not be located in WS2_32.dll" I do not believe that file or my registry are corrupted. A bit of Googling suggests the xp version of WS2_32.dll does not include WSAPoll, so it looks like it's...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 12th 16 04:49 PM
by Woody Go to last post
16 2,849
UKDDI - down? by Soruk
Hi folks, Is UKDDI's UI down, or is it just me? While I can log in, the only things I can do are change my password, and log out. Trying to go to www.ukddi.com it redirects to https://www.telng.com/ukddi.html which does not respond. However, my numbers are working.
February 18th 16 06:31 PM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
5 1,591
Gigaset "call divert" being set for no apparent reason by Nick
I monitor two separate friends Gigaset ip voip phones. In order to do so I have exposed the Gigaset web administration interface to the wan, with default 0000 pin. Recently I have noticed "Call divert" repeatedly being automatically set to on for no apparent reason. The divert to number is an Israel number 00972. I have a suspicion that due to my lax security the phones are being hacked. I...
February 17th 16 12:31 PM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
4 1,292
What's happened to UKDDI ? by Dave
Anyone know what's happened to UKDDI ?, I can login but no numbers ! Dave.
February 11th 16 02:57 PM
by Dave Go to last post
6 1,658
Extreme VOIP by Theo[_2_]
What's the best VOIP to use in the face of unreliable networks? I'm thinking of things like: Random multiple NAT (that you don't know about and can't control, eg CGNAT) Random port blocking Possibly dropped UDP/ICMP/etc Low bandwidth (eg GPRS) High latency High jitter
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 4th 16 10:00 PM
by Anthony R. Gold Go to last post
12 2,163
Help sought with config for BT SIP Trunk (Hipcom/Broadworks) andCisco SBC/CUBE and/or Call Manager Express by Mike Tubby
Does anyone have a working configuration for a BT SIP Trunk being used with a Cisco Session Border Controller (Cisco Unified Border Element)? I want to port our work phone system on to BT SIP Trunk and have been given the 0560........ Trunk Group Number and a password and not much else. I have a Cisco 2811 with CUBE/SBC on it (Advanced Enterprise 15.1(4)M9 ) and have a built a config based on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 14th 15 12:46 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
10 3,877
Sipgate Basic - Called ID outbound anyone? by Harold Finch
Following on from all the new Sipgate Basic changes and notwithstanding the earlier post about called ID being bust on Sipgate - Sipgate calls. I added the new free outgoing caller ID 'feature' to my account. Result is there is still no caller ID presented when calling any mobile or POTS phone. Not sure about Sipgate to Sipgate as haven't tried that yet. They seem to have made an almightly...
December 13th 15 08:05 AM
by Harold Finch Go to last post
2 1,141
Encrypted VoIP by www.GymRatZ.co.uk
I wonder when such a thing will come to fruition for companies like Voipfone for example. Then again I suppose there would be issues with ATA's not having an encrypted protocol(?) and the likes of Gigaset etc not updating older hardware or indeed older hardware not being able to handle the added load of call encryption/decryption. That said, I've been using RedPhone on my mobile for family...
December 1st 15 09:54 AM
by Rob van der Putten Go to last post
6 1,165
Problem with Gigaset and Sipgate - used to work perfectly by [email protected]
I am trying to get a Gigaset S685 IP system to work with SipGate. It's been working quit well for two or three years over various rather flakey internet connections but now it refuses to start at all. When I first tried (no changes from old settings) it did the usual "Provider Registration Failed" but now, having cleared everything out and started again it says "Server not accessible" in the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 29th 15 05:34 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
14 2,609
Voipfone and Fritz!Box by Malcolm Loades[_2_]
Have a bit of a nasty surprise today! On Thursday I had a BT number ported to Voipfone. This is my first experience of voipfone and everything I read seemed very positive. I already have a Sipgate voip number and Residential Account which work very well, but porting in a number would mean I'd have to be on the Business Phone service at £14.95 per month, thus the choice to use Voipfone at...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 20th 15 09:54 PM
by Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ¬)[_2_] Go to last post
18 2,446
ATAs by Malcolm Loades[_2_]
I'm now on my second Fritzbox and have been using them for 10 years (?). I know nothing else! What I want for a friend is a lower cost option since he already has a router with a spare LAN socket begging out for an ATA into which he can plug his existing cordless phone system. My question here is to ask if there is an ATA which will register with a minimum of two voip providers...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
October 13th 15 06:28 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
13 1,955
Sipgate caller ID broken by Nick B.
Since they made the Sipgate Basic changeover I've noticed that caller ID is broken but only sip-sip calls on Sipgate. On my Siemens handsets the caller is displayed as or withheld. Calls into sipgate from external are OK. Calls out to other lines ffrom sipgate show my outgoing PSTN number as I have the option enabled in the account. Is there something I need to change...
September 26th 15 10:29 PM
by Nick B. Go to last post
7 1,346
1899 and variants now .5p per minute by Bob L
Made call this morning to be told "half a P per minute". Went on 1899 and 18185 and they have started this charge from today. Could not see any ZERO P per mins. Also still charging the connection charge. --- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
September 21st 15 12:13 PM
by Bob L Go to last post
0 1,251
Marketing Call on (private) Sipgate number by Harold Finch
I have a few Sipgate numbers for various reasons. One of which is used only by members of my immediate family, usually for urgent/health related calls. Over the last couple of days I have received a few calls from a called ID of 02435 6898. Google seems to indicate that this number is allocated to some China Telco. The caller was female stating she was from the Milan Fashion House in Italy and...
September 6th 15 03:57 PM
by David Wade[_2_] Go to last post
6 1,188
Post New Thread