Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 02:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 21,102
Sipgate with Zoiper on Android - Zoiper doesn't ring by Murmansk
I've got a Sipgate domestic VOIP account and have connected my ordinary home phone to it via a Cisco ATA. I can make and receive calls OK. I've installed Zoiper on my Android smartphone and can make calls via Sipgate using that but when I ring my Sipgate number from another phone I thought both the home phone and the Zoiper smartphone should ring, but Zoiper doesn't. Is there some setting I...
February 11th 17 07:05 PM
by Murmansk Go to last post
5 1,438
Dumb question about IP phones... by Rob Nicholson
We're about to start an evaluation of Swyx in preparation for move to a new office. So to have a look around, we need a few IP telephones. There are lots out there :-) But the thing that confuses me is that the phones appear to have a fixed set of features on the buttons. I kind of expected the keys on an IP phone to be entirely programmable and defined on the VOIP PBX, i.e. by Swyx...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 31st 17 02:17 PM
by Inararity Go to last post
17 2,515
How many phone sockets on Sipgate by Murmansk
I'm planning on installing a set of phone sockets all connected to one socket that is connected to a Cisco ATA that allows me to have VOIP calls on normal phones via Sipgate. Is there a limit to the number of phones you can have - a bit like the REN I remember with normal phones? In my setup, presumably the ringing current comes from the Cisco ATA rather than from the BT phone line as there...
January 16th 17 09:42 PM
by MissRiaElaine Go to last post
2 1,354
To VOIP or not ; SIPGATE or NOT ; LINKSYS ATA OR NOT - bogged down by satyp
Good afternoon all I'm new to the VOIP, the VOIP @HOME world and also new on here, & so much information to consider.. Would appreciate any feedback, pointers, watchouts, or pitfalls before I take the big leap porting to VOIP in about a month's time. For My provider :- I think I have settled with SIPGATE for the moment, with VOIPFONE as my next best choice if SIPGATE doesn't work...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 30th 16 05:10 PM
by Andrew Gabriel Go to last post
47 4,183
Sky and Sipgate by [email protected]
Help please. Having problems with a Yealink T28 and Sipgate (and A&A) accounts after changing to Sky and the new Sky router. Previously worked fine with Talktalk and Plusnet but I've made that many changes to the phone's settings fiddling it's like fumbling in the dark with a car engine and realising I've dismantled it to meccano level. I've updated the phone's firmware to latest version and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 23rd 16 08:19 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
16 1,972
IPKall with Sipgate by Mark Ingle
I'm trying out a sipgate account on my Starcom phone, and it is working great for incoming and outgoing local calls. I did a web search and some have reported that they have had no problems registering an IPKall US phone number with Sipgate, but I can't get it to work. I initially thought that it might take longer to set the service up, but it has been a couple of days and it still isn't...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
December 10th 16 04:57 PM
by Ria Elaine Gray-Jones Go to last post
25 3,060
Cisco SPA9000..? by Ria Elaine Gray-Jones
Does anyone have experience of setting one of these units up..? I am considering one but not sure how to go about configuration. I have 6 SIP lines currently on a Gigaset N300IP but would prefer a wired installation rather than cordless. I have a couple of SPA501G IP phones which work ok but there is no facility to transfer calls between them or intercom or anything. If I can get an SPA9000...
December 10th 16 04:57 AM
by Anthony R. Gold Go to last post
5 736
BT Broadband Voice problems by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
It was working on 19th October, but since late last week the program reports "Error in response from server please try again" and it won't register on my Gigaset either. In BT's web site, which has moved, you can't pay, recent calls and bills don't appear correctly, many links are broken, although you can reinstall the BT Office Communicator. Not managed to Google anything about whether BT...
October 24th 16 01:14 PM
by Harry Stottle Go to last post
1 848
GoIP GSM gateway + FreePBX by Dave
Anyone know if the GoIP GSM gateway adapter is any good with FreePBX ? or is there a better device ? Dave.
October 13th 16 01:42 PM
by cezar Go to last post
1 881
Any Asterisk expert out there? by Woody
From the start let me say I know almost nothing about Linux or Asterisk. A friend works from his home office but has an assistant based in an office about 40 miles away (don't ask.) Both have good speed broadband and a single PSTN line at each location. They both have mobiles. It occurs to me that it should be possible to set up some sort of virtual telephone system so that incoming calls...
October 12th 16 11:22 PM
by Graham J[_2_] Go to last post
5 602
Fritzbox 7360 International by MarkieMix
My Fritzbox 7170 of some 6 years got damaged by a lightning strike and I need to replace it. I live in Spain but do not speak spanish very well. The model on Amazon which has caught my attention is the 7360 International model 20002536. I normally do my research on Amazon.uk and then buy on Amazon.es (to get the delivery charge down). I want to order one...
September 4th 16 11:46 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
2 889
Advice wanted for a very simple voip setup by Kevin
I have a very elderly relative who has recently moved into a care home, and he would like to have the facility for very occasional incoming and outgoing telephone calls - perhaps only one or two a week, to UK landlines only. His poor eyesight and lack of dexterity make typical - even "big button" mobile phones, laptops, or tablets unsuitable. He could still comfortably manage a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 4th 16 12:10 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
31 2,226
SPA112 by Peter Andrews[_2_]
Do I need to make up an RJ11 - RJ11 lead to connect my SPA112 to a phone? It appears that I need contacts 3 and 4 on the SPA but 2 and 5 on the phone and none of the half dozen or so leads that I have meet that spec! Currently working by connecting via a spare BT style socket. Peter
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 28th 16 11:08 AM
by Bob Eager[_3_] Go to last post
15 1,262
Incoming Audio by Phil
Hi all , Bit of a strange one. I'm having problems with incoming audio on my Windows 10 laptop using either X-Lite or Zoiper (on Sipgate). I've set Stun up, but that didn't help. The weird thing is using my a Android devices and the CsipSimple app on the same network works fine. Just wondering if there's something Windows 10 specific, as my previous laptop running W7 worked fine?
June 23rd 16 12:31 PM
by Phil Go to last post
4 857
Me or Sipgate? by Malcolm Loades[_2_]
Anyone else having problems with incoming calls via Sipgate? I'm using a Fritz!Box and it indicates that it's registered with Sipgate. Incoming calls ring the handset and display the callers number but answering the call does not make a connection. The caller continues to hear ringing tone until voicemail cuts in after 'x' rings. I can't check if calls would go out via Sipgate since I have...
June 15th 16 01:24 PM
by Bob L Go to last post
7 897
8746 to 8782 conversion by e27002 aurora
I need to convert a green 8746 into an 8782, and am looking for a 12 digit keypad and a green bezel. The bezel should have the plastic cover for the number. All my web searches have turned up nothing. Can anyone point me to a supplier? Thanks
June 12th 16 12:54 PM
by e27002 aurora Go to last post
0 559
Spain? by David Wade[_2_]
Folks, I would like a Spanish phone number. Any thoughts on a UK based, GB£ billing provider? Accessible from Android and iPad.. Dave G4UGM
May 13th 16 08:25 PM
by David Wade[_2_] Go to last post
5 1,045
discountvoip.co.uk Any good? by Phil
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Don't want to add credit if they're no good. Thanks in advance. -- ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
May 8th 16 11:26 AM
by Bob L Go to last post
13 1,612
How to tell if one is connected properly? by [email protected]
I'm sitting in France with a reasonable internet connection through which I can browse the internet, ssh to my home system to read E-Mail, browse newsgroups (hence this), etc. We have a Siemens Gigaset phone system here which certainl used to work a while ago using a similar internet connection but at the moment it is obstinately silent. I have two VOIP accounts, one with SIPgate and one with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
April 25th 16 02:59 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
15 1,487
UKDDI closing by Graham.[_3_]
Got this email yesterday. from Dave Knell who runs UKDDI Hi Graham - It became untenable for us to continue to offer the service - more and more scammers - so we took the decision to turn it off. Existing routings work fine, but I'd suggest that those who value their numbers should port them. Cheers --
April 21st 16 07:19 PM
by xhemp Go to last post
8 1,904
Post New Thread