Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 03:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 21,645
Echo on Sipgate by Richmond
When using sipgate to make calls, people whom I call report they can hear an echo of their own voice. I have tried using headphones but it makes no difference. What is causing the echo? How can I stop it? I am using Twinkle, a linux client.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
March 10th 17 03:29 PM
by Richmond Go to last post
25 4,174
sipgate lack of ringing tone by Andy Burns[_5_]
When calling a sipgate number from a PSTN line I hear ringing tone while waiting for the call to be answered, but when calling the same number from a mobile (Tesco/O2), there is only silence until the call is answered. The called VOIP phone is ringing in both cases, with no issues of one-way audio when the calls are answered. It seems this may be due to sipgate sending the ringing tone as...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 9th 17 03:35 PM
by Nick Go to last post
11 2,373
Recommendation for an ATA, please by Malcolm Loades[_2_]
I'm probably spoiled by only ever having FritzBoxes which allow almost anything! However, I need to set someone else up with an ATA and a single analogue telephone. The requirement is for the one telephone to receive incoming calls from VOIP provider 'A' and to have a calling plan which routes outgoing calls via VOIP provider 'A', a second VOIP provider 'B', or the PSTN dependant on the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 19th 17 09:44 PM
by Andy Burns[_5_] Go to last post
44 3,987
Sipgate with Zoiper on Android - Zoiper doesn't ring by Murmansk
I've got a Sipgate domestic VOIP account and have connected my ordinary home phone to it via a Cisco ATA. I can make and receive calls OK. I've installed Zoiper on my Android smartphone and can make calls via Sipgate using that but when I ring my Sipgate number from another phone I thought both the home phone and the Zoiper smartphone should ring, but Zoiper doesn't. Is there some setting I...
February 11th 17 08:05 PM
by Murmansk Go to last post
5 1,454
Dumb question about IP phones... by Rob Nicholson
We're about to start an evaluation of Swyx in preparation for move to a new office. So to have a look around, we need a few IP telephones. There are lots out there :-) But the thing that confuses me is that the phones appear to have a fixed set of features on the buttons. I kind of expected the keys on an IP phone to be entirely programmable and defined on the VOIP PBX, i.e. by Swyx...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
January 31st 17 03:17 PM
by Inararity Go to last post
17 2,538
How many phone sockets on Sipgate by Murmansk
I'm planning on installing a set of phone sockets all connected to one socket that is connected to a Cisco ATA that allows me to have VOIP calls on normal phones via Sipgate. Is there a limit to the number of phones you can have - a bit like the REN I remember with normal phones? In my setup, presumably the ringing current comes from the Cisco ATA rather than from the BT phone line as there...
January 16th 17 10:42 PM
by MissRiaElaine Go to last post
2 1,375
To VOIP or not ; SIPGATE or NOT ; LINKSYS ATA OR NOT - bogged down by satyp
Good afternoon all I'm new to the VOIP, the VOIP @HOME world and also new on here, & so much information to consider.. Would appreciate any feedback, pointers, watchouts, or pitfalls before I take the big leap porting to VOIP in about a month's time. For My provider :- I think I have settled with SIPGATE for the moment, with VOIPFONE as my next best choice if SIPGATE doesn't work...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 30th 16 06:10 PM
by Andrew Gabriel Go to last post
47 4,280
Sky and Sipgate by [email protected]
Help please. Having problems with a Yealink T28 and Sipgate (and A&A) accounts after changing to Sky and the new Sky router. Previously worked fine with Talktalk and Plusnet but I've made that many changes to the phone's settings fiddling it's like fumbling in the dark with a car engine and realising I've dismantled it to meccano level. I've updated the phone's firmware to latest version and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
December 23rd 16 09:19 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
16 2,016
IPKall with Sipgate by Mark Ingle
I'm trying out a sipgate account on my Starcom phone, and it is working great for incoming and outgoing local calls. I did a web search and some have reported that they have had no problems registering an IPKall US phone number with Sipgate, but I can't get it to work. I initially thought that it might take longer to set the service up, but it has been a couple of days and it still isn't...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
December 10th 16 05:57 PM
by Ria Elaine Gray-Jones Go to last post
25 3,107
Cisco SPA9000..? by Ria Elaine Gray-Jones
Does anyone have experience of setting one of these units up..? I am considering one but not sure how to go about configuration. I have 6 SIP lines currently on a Gigaset N300IP but would prefer a wired installation rather than cordless. I have a couple of SPA501G IP phones which work ok but there is no facility to transfer calls between them or intercom or anything. If I can get an SPA9000...
December 10th 16 05:57 AM
by Anthony R. Gold Go to last post
5 763
BT Broadband Voice problems by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
It was working on 19th October, but since late last week the program reports "Error in response from server please try again" and it won't register on my Gigaset either. In BT's web site, which has moved, you can't pay, recent calls and bills don't appear correctly, many links are broken, although you can reinstall the BT Office Communicator. Not managed to Google anything about whether BT...
October 24th 16 02:14 PM
by Harry Stottle Go to last post
1 877
GoIP GSM gateway + FreePBX by Dave
Anyone know if the GoIP GSM gateway adapter is any good with FreePBX ? or is there a better device ? Dave.
October 13th 16 02:42 PM
by cezar Go to last post
1 899
Any Asterisk expert out there? by Woody
From the start let me say I know almost nothing about Linux or Asterisk. A friend works from his home office but has an assistant based in an office about 40 miles away (don't ask.) Both have good speed broadband and a single PSTN line at each location. They both have mobiles. It occurs to me that it should be possible to set up some sort of virtual telephone system so that incoming calls...
October 13th 16 12:22 AM
by Graham J[_2_] Go to last post
5 622
Fritzbox 7360 International by MarkieMix
My Fritzbox 7170 of some 6 years got damaged by a lightning strike and I need to replace it. I live in Spain but do not speak spanish very well. The model on Amazon which has caught my attention is the 7360 International model 20002536. I normally do my research on Amazon.uk and then buy on Amazon.es (to get the delivery charge down). I want to order one...
September 4th 16 12:46 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
2 929
Advice wanted for a very simple voip setup by Kevin
I have a very elderly relative who has recently moved into a care home, and he would like to have the facility for very occasional incoming and outgoing telephone calls - perhaps only one or two a week, to UK landlines only. His poor eyesight and lack of dexterity make typical - even "big button" mobile phones, laptops, or tablets unsuitable. He could still comfortably manage a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 4th 16 01:10 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
31 2,296
SPA112 by Peter Andrews[_2_]
Do I need to make up an RJ11 - RJ11 lead to connect my SPA112 to a phone? It appears that I need contacts 3 and 4 on the SPA but 2 and 5 on the phone and none of the half dozen or so leads that I have meet that spec! Currently working by connecting via a spare BT style socket. Peter
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
June 28th 16 12:08 PM
by Bob Eager[_3_] Go to last post
15 1,318
Incoming Audio by Phil
Hi all , Bit of a strange one. I'm having problems with incoming audio on my Windows 10 laptop using either X-Lite or Zoiper (on Sipgate). I've set Stun up, but that didn't help. The weird thing is using my a Android devices and the CsipSimple app on the same network works fine. Just wondering if there's something Windows 10 specific, as my previous laptop running W7 worked fine?
June 23rd 16 01:31 PM
by Phil Go to last post
4 882
Me or Sipgate? by Malcolm Loades[_2_]
Anyone else having problems with incoming calls via Sipgate? I'm using a Fritz!Box and it indicates that it's registered with Sipgate. Incoming calls ring the handset and display the callers number but answering the call does not make a connection. The caller continues to hear ringing tone until voicemail cuts in after 'x' rings. I can't check if calls would go out via Sipgate since I have...
June 15th 16 02:24 PM
by Bob L Go to last post
7 931
8746 to 8782 conversion by e27002 aurora
I need to convert a green 8746 into an 8782, and am looking for a 12 digit keypad and a green bezel. The bezel should have the plastic cover for the number. All my web searches have turned up nothing. Can anyone point me to a supplier? Thanks
June 12th 16 01:54 PM
by e27002 aurora Go to last post
0 575
Spain? by David Wade[_2_]
Folks, I would like a Spanish phone number. Any thoughts on a UK based, GB£ billing provider? Accessible from Android and iPad.. Dave G4UGM
May 13th 16 09:25 PM
by David Wade[_2_] Go to last post
5 1,072
Post New Thread