Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 02:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 23,578
Wierd problem with Siemens Gigaset C475IP and multicast (maybe) by Chris Green
We have a largeish house with WiFi and wired LAN using two Draytek routers (a 2860n and a 2820n) plus several switches. The 2820n is now just a WiFi access point, i.e. its WANs are not connected to anything and it just runs as a switch with WiFi. The C475IP used to be connected to the 2820n but since we started using Youview (via PlusNet) more extensively it was getting rather temperamental.
September 21st 18 12:34 AM
by Pancho Go to last post
3 2,111
What can an SPA3000 do? by David Higton
I've just bought an unlocked SPA3000, but I'm now wondering whether it can do what I want it to do. Which is: - incoming calls on the analogue line go to the existing DECT base station; - my and my wife's mobile phones can register to the SPA3000's SIP server (UAS); - incoming calls on the analogue line are also offered via the SIP
September 17th 18 12:00 PM
by Andy Hawkins Go to last post
5 2,177
UKDDI: Numbers now gone by Soruk
For anyone who might have been using their UKDDI numbers still, as they were still working when pointed to a SIP address, these now no longer work, as it appears the platform itself has been shut down. -- -- Michael "Soruk" McConnell Eridani Star System MailStripper - http://www.MailStripper.eu/ - SMTP spam filter Second Number - http://secondnumber.matrixnetwork.co.uk/ Matrix...
August 23rd 18 11:15 PM
by Stephen Go to last post
9 2,460
VoIP Handset that uses a wi-fi connection rather then wired?. by tony sayer
Very much as above anyone know of a VoIP handset portable cordless phone that has a base unit it charges from BUT the connection to the Internet is by wireless wi-fi rather then wired i.e. plugging into a router?. Or come to that one that connects directly to the net by your home wi-fi?. Any info appreciated. -- Tony Sayer
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 21st 18 03:23 PM
by Soruk Go to last post
61 6,269
TV: Dial B for Britain by [email protected]
Today (Sunday 19 Aug) 22.30 BBC Four https://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/fnjf9n/timeshift--s17-e3-timeshift-dial-b-for-britain-the-story-of-the-landline/ Victoria Coren Mitchell narrates this Timeshift documentary telling the story of how Britain's phone network was built over the course of 100 years, from early call boxes to the Post Office Tower, and its impact on the public Apologies...
August 20th 18 05:36 PM
by Chris in Makati Go to last post
2 2,844
Payphone 500 / 600 handset by [email protected]
Hi I have some BT handsets with the armoured cord as used on Payphone 500 / 600 (the 700 style handsets, not the flat angular ones) They are of course riveted shut preventing internal examination. They have 6 wire cords (red, grn, blu, whi, org, blk) Are these standard 700 style inserts and on the standard colours red+grn for receiver, blue+white for xmtr? as I am having difficulties getting...
August 15th 18 09:57 PM
by MissRiaElaine[_2_] Go to last post
5 2,441
TV: Your voice on the telephone by [email protected]
Today, Talking Pictures TV (Freesat 306, other platforms) 16.20-16.30 https://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/fwqvjq/glimpses--glimpses-your-voice-on-the-telephone/ Early 1950s instructional film on how to use the telephone and how it works. Owain
August 15th 18 08:05 PM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
4 2,305
ENUMER - new live of ENUM, rfc6116 by maxihatop
Hi, I would like to introduce you ENUMER - blockchain-based implementation of ENUM VOIP protocol. This is short article about report of ENUMER on OpenSIPS confirence: https://www.bloqtimes.com/topic/opensips-summit-in-amsterdam/ This is projects WEB-site: http://enumer.org/
August 12th 18 07:37 PM
by Roger Bell_West[_4_] Go to last post
5 2,244
Betamax / Dellmont & BREXIT by Graham.[_3_]
When calling an EU country the price you pay per minute depends on the CLID of the calling party, those with non EU numbers now pay a premium on some clones. For example using voipcheap.co.uk to call a French mobile France (Mobile) 0.012 0.014 France (Mobile) 0.020 0.024
August 6th 18 06:58 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
6 2,350
uk.telecom blocked on google groups by [email protected]
it appears that uk.telecom has now been blocked on google groups due to all the spam. "Group owners can request an appeal after they have taken steps to clean up potentially offensive content in the forum" Not sure who the 'group owner' is ... Owain
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 2nd 18 02:18 PM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
50 7,429
Calls via VOIP fail by Malcolm Loades[_2_]
A number I call several times a week in Zimbabwe (around 90 minutes total per week) has had its area code changed. Calling the number using the new area code via JustVoip, HotVoip or 18185 fails. However, dialling the number via BT or a mobile provider connects perfectly ........ at horrendous cost! Any thoughts on how to get round this problem? Malcolm
July 29th 18 11:50 PM
by Theo[_2_] Go to last post
2 1,133
SIP app for iPad? by Phil[_2_]
Anyone recommend one? Having trouble finding anything even half decent. Thanks in advance.
July 26th 18 02:28 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
8 1,229
Integration of VoIP with Tunstall healthcare alarm by Graham J[_2_]
My client has an internet connection and Cat5 wiring to a granny annexe. In that granny annexe there is a Linksys adapter, Product Name: PAP2T. Connected to that is an ordinary POTS phone. Voipfone provides the telephone service for this adapter, and for several SNOM300 phones in other parts of the property. The system has worked well for several years. We now need to equip the granny...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
July 18th 18 11:13 AM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
21 2,536
Looking for replacement for Gigaset C475IP + 6 handsets by Chris Green
Our long serving C475IP and a rather eclectic mix of handsets is beginning to get rather quirky and unreliable so I'm looking for a replacement. We don't need anything fancy, just 6 DECT handsets, and a base station with POTS and VOIP. We don't *really* even need an answer machine with it. So what's the current 'best buy' in this sort of thing?
July 3rd 18 11:39 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
5 1,109
POTS line to/from VoIP by David Higton
Clearly, from what I've read, I'm not the only person to have wanted to convert their POTS land line to VoiP. However, I'm unable to find a solution that is currently available in the UK. It would be convenient to receive POTS calls on our mobiles while at home. Being able to receive them if we're not at home is absolutely NOT essential, but might be a nice-to-have (I have OpenVPN working). I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
June 30th 18 01:13 AM
by Theo[_2_] Go to last post
21 2,324
Sipgate Problem by MissRiaElaine
On 07/06/18 16:33, MissRiaElaine wrote: On 07/06/18 14:52, Andy Burns wrote: Anthony R. Gold wrote: I am not hearing callers on incoming calls to my Sipgate number. checked your STUN settings? That's all I can think of. All ok on 5 numbers here, and no STUN settings are even set..!
June 10th 18 01:19 PM
by Chris in Makati Go to last post
6 1,184
Sipgate im Vereinigtes Konigreich und Brexit by DrTeeth
On Sun, 20 May 2018 14:09:47 -0400, just as I was about to take a herb, "Anthony R. Gold" disturbed my reverie and wrote: I believe you misunderstood the point of that post. EHIC cards are/were unconditionally available to all however people past a certain age and/or with pre-existing medical conditions likely have no affordable access to private health insurance...
May 21st 18 01:24 PM
by DrTeeth Go to last post
0 770
Too quiet when using VOIP by Murmansk
I have a Sipgate line that I use at home using a Cisco ATA connected to some cordless phones and it works fine Incoming calls also go to my Android mobile phone on which I have installed CSip Simple. The problem is that when a call comes in on the mobile the volume is not very loud (in the earpiece speaker) and I can't make it any louder using the phone's volume control - also people at the...
May 7th 18 11:52 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
5 834
Yealink W60P by Dave
Anyone have any experience with Yealink and in particular the W60P combo ? (W56H handset) Dave.
April 5th 18 10:11 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 873
Change phone number displayed on RX phone. SPA 112 by [email protected]
Sipgate VOIP with SPA 112. Outgoing call from voip phone display a phone number on RX phone which is the phone number of my landline (not the voip number of the TX phone). I cannot remember how it got like this, maybe even a default. I need to change the outgoing CLI of the voip phone to present a different landline number, or the voip number or eventually a mobile
March 19th 18 03:32 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 1,035
Post New Thread