Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 02:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 20,861
Use a mobile to make calls via a Vonage voip account? by JakeD
Isit possible to use a mobile phone to make calls via my Vonage voip account, without incurring call charges on my mobile (02) account? I'm thinking perhaps by using WiFi, which my mobile does have... Thank you, JD
March 18th 08 09:13 PM
by JakeD Go to last post
0 801
Fritz!Box ATA 5050, config. info by [email protected]
Hi, I have just purchased an used Fritz!Box ATA 5050 and now I have to configure it. I am inexperienced and now I have some doubts, above all about my phone number. My number is: 203458 towns prefix 0721 I live to Italy therefore the international prefix is 0039 I like to know what I have to write in Internet Telephony/Enabled Internet number page. Have I to wite
March 17th 08 08:23 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 207
Clarification needed.........on Free SMS by [email protected]
"Have any of you guys ever heard of www.FreebieSMS.co.uk ? It seems to send free SMS messages in the UK, but does anyone have any experience with them?"
March 17th 08 11:25 AM
by Stephen Go to last post
4 169
Betamax won't take my payment. by Graham.
My credit has run out with voipcheap.com and I now want to credit a justvoip.com account, but my Paypal transaction was instantly refunded with the message from Betamax: This transaction is refunded because we do not allow using the same paypal account on more than one user-account. Thank you for understanding. How should I proceed?
March 16th 08 02:10 PM
by Philippe Deleye Go to last post
3 329
VOIP newbie:question by Flyer
Ok, I have a PAP2-UK from broadbandbuyer, very quick service I might add, and have configured line 1 for Draytel, and line 2 for Sipgate. With credit on both providers, the Sipgate works flawlessly, but with the Draytel I have outgoing ring ok, no incoming ring, and no audio whatsoever. I'd also like to use a single phone for both accounts, but trying to make sense of dial plans is giving me...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 16th 08 10:47 AM
by Flyer Go to last post
13 614
Alternative to Home Hub For BB Talk by Rob Gibson
Forgive me if this has already cropped up... Is it possible to use a VOIP router other than the Home Hub for BT Broadband Talk? If so, what details do I need to know to configure it for BB Talk? I'm on my third Hub in as many months, and I'm fed up with it! TIA.
March 12th 08 05:00 PM
by JulianJ Go to last post
7 608
Modem - VoIP line - modem? by Pacman
Maybe its a basic question. But I am trying to find out: Is it possible to dial in using a modem to another Computer behind an "VoIP only" connection? Szenario: home user with an internet contract that provides DSL. The phone line bundled with the contract is established as VoIP. So no "real" land line phone. Is it now possible to create a classic dial in to a server?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 11th 08 09:04 AM
by Tim Go to last post
14 745
SPA-3000 trouble (VOIP to PSTN) by Marc Zirnheld
I'm using a Sipura/Tiptel co-branded SPA-3000 with firmware release 3.1.20(GW) -- the latest, AFAIK. I'd like a (now local, in the future distant) SIP phone to access the SPA and be able to place calls throuh the PSTN interface; and vice-versa, calls from the PSTN would ring the SIP phone. The SPA-3000 instructions are quite cumbersome and the web configuration interface is not logically...
March 9th 08 04:00 PM
by Marc Zirnheld Go to last post
5 280
NO2ID - It's more than a card, it changes the nature of citizenship in Britain by Ivor Jones
"Chris White" wrote in message : : www.NO2ID.net : : : : More than a card - a new way of life While I agree entirely, it has nothing to do with VoIP so has no place here. There are newsgroups specifically for this kind of debate. Ivor
March 9th 08 10:43 AM
by news.plus.net Go to last post
7 294
RJ45 by Chris Flash
Hello Group Firstly, thanks for all the comments and helpful replies to my post last week - Thats it now!! Well, I'm ready to go with my PAP2T from Broadband Buyer and I've chosen Voipfone for simplicity. I was setting up equiment last night, but the cable kept coming out of my router and the modem one is broken too (they both work but fail to click in as the ends have broken) I need some...
March 8th 08 04:03 PM
by Graham. Go to last post
7 288
voip: Is it actually cheaper ? by Mark Carver
Now and again I look seriously at the viability of using voip rather than POTS. I currently use a combination of BT, 18185.co.uk, and Talk Talk (Routed with an Orchid device). A number of those calls are free. Out of the chargeable ones, the total cost over a one month period was 3:78. I've calculated what the cost would have been (I think) using Sipgate, and their standard call charges.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
March 8th 08 12:48 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
24 721
Stupid question? ISDN / ASDL / Cable by Michael
Folks I run a voip line on the end of a cable connection from Virgin, and I fully understand that the system works as the cable is 'always on'. What I don't understand is ..... others, who do not have 'always on' cable, use VoIP ..... but how? My Mum for example, uses (as it happens) AOL for her Internet -and it a dial up broadband system. How could she use VoIP - would she have to
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 8th 08 12:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
14 489
justvoip CLI by Brian A
I am using JustVoip ( a betamax company) for the first time. I have set up and verified the number I wish to use as my CLI. The CLI forwards, to my mobile, when dialled from the softphone. However, it neither works from voxalot nor an SPA-3000 ATA. There is a 'client' area on the web site that shows my numbers but no reference to CLI. Further, I have twice validated my mobile number, it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 8th 08 09:36 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
12 878
Registration State: Failed - SPA-2002 with voipcheap by rainandsnow
I've spent a good bit of time on this and got nowhere. The SIP unit is OK. It has two lines and I can configure either to work with draytel. I'm trying to set up one line to work with voipcheap and can't get the Registration State (shown under the INFO tab) to change to Registered. It will give a dialling tone but attempting to make a call produces an engaged sound and attempting to call in...
March 8th 08 01:24 AM
by rainandsnow Go to last post
1 333
Tesco dp450 by Ian Pawson
Tesco are selling a badged Siemens S450 VoIP/DECT phone for about half the price of the 'real' one. Does anybody know if this is locked to the Tesco voip or can it be used with any sip provider?
March 7th 08 05:36 PM
by Ian Pawson Go to last post
4 394
any experience with VSEE for videochat over ip? by Bob Newheart
Hi all, Been reading up on VSEE (http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2007/03/05/video_conferencing_p2p_solution_from.htm), supposed to be a good tool for a videochat across the net (or within the LAN) and offers functionality like open application sharing, video sharing etc for collaboration. Problem is that my windows XP SP2 has crashes twice now while testing this tool. As I am...
March 7th 08 03:37 PM
by Bob Newheart Go to last post
0 199
voip PDA recommendations :) by Stephen Hammond
voip PDA recommendations :) is it workable :) ? Stephen -- Lift share day 14th June www.liftshare.org
March 7th 08 02:51 PM
by ßøđiŋs Go to last post
6 240
Thats It now!! by Chris Flash
Hi All I've just had a letter off BT saying my line rental is now going up! - got to charge for those free weekend calls somehow eh? Well thats it for me - i want to ditch BT and go for voip on my Virgin media cable broadband. I already have a Belkin wireless router, so from what I've read on forums & usenet, a Linksys SPA2102 or PAP2 seem favourite for the hardware Question #1: any...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
March 6th 08 02:34 AM
by Iain Go to last post
24 771
Configuring Sipura SPA3102 by Chris Davies
So I've taken the plunge and, despite warnings about its dire documentation, purchased a (Linksys) Sipura SPA-3102. I've got Sipgate working on Line 1, but I can't seem to get my ideal configuration. I was rather hoping someone here could help... * Inbound PSTN from BT to ring the phone using Ring Cadence #1 (BT Ring) * Inbound VoIP from Sipgate to ring phone using Ring Cadence
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 5th 08 09:06 AM
by Chris Go to last post
17 496
Low router throughputs (WAN-LAN) by Rick Marks
I discovered recently that my VoIP router (SPA-3102) and its predecessor (SPA-2100) can't route from WAN-LAN faster than about 7.5Mbps. The latter not helped by only having 10Mbps Ethernet interfaces. Looking at Tomshardware guide (search for the router charts) it seems that quite a lot other plain routers, wired and wireless, don't fare much better. By and large you seem to get what you pay...
March 3rd 08 10:33 AM
by Tim Go to last post
1 178
Post New Thread