Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 02:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 21,102
Recommendations for wireless VOIP phone. by Brian Reay
I'm thinking of buying a VOIP phone I can use on my own WiFi system at home on Skype. The Skype phone seems the cheapest option but I'm not clear if I can "just" use it on my WiFi without also having to "top it up" for the mobile option I don't plan to use. Anyone have any suggestions? TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
March 28th 08 09:30 AM
by Gordon Henderson Go to last post
20 523
Customized SIP/H323 softphone dialer for PC-2-Phone companies by sadi
Would You like to get a SIP/H.323 softphone dialer for providing PC-2- Phone solution?Then your search is over. We provide fully customized SIP/H.323 softphone dialer. Its major features a * Complete SIP and H.323 protocol stacks support. * Industry standard codecs support including G711, G729 and G723.1. * User-friendly graphical user interface. The skin can be customized on user...
March 28th 08 05:52 AM
by sadi Go to last post
0 179
Betamax caller ID on SPA3102 gateway? by Jose
Hi All, I've had no trouble making my VoipCheap account display caller ID on outgoing calls while using a PAP2. Now that I'm using an SPA3102, and my VoipCheap account is on one of the gateways, I can no longer make send my caller ID - apparently it works only for Line 1 :-( Has anyone solved this already?
March 28th 08 01:47 AM
by Jose Go to last post
1 368
How NOT to dial with Sipura's dial plan ? by Marc Zirnheld
I have a SPA-3000 whose PSTN interface is connected to an analog PBX extension, and the VOIP interface is SIP registered. I'd like VOIP incoming calls to be answered and connected to the PBX dialtone, so I managed to put something in the dialplan like :SO but it doesn't work. I solved the problem by automatically dialling some dummy digits that do nothing harmless to the PBX, but the goal...
March 26th 08 11:46 PM
by Marc Zirnheld Go to last post
3 345
Restrictive practices in mobile broadband services? by Harry Stottle
I was considering taking out a mobile broadband service and was looking through the options. T-mobile are advertising their Web'n'Walk service at 15.00/month for 3 GB, but when I dug through a couple of layers of small print, I found the following Quote We do not permit use of this service for internet phone calls/Quote Link http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/services/uk/fairuse/ This seems like...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 26th 08 12:12 AM
by Al Go to last post
14 630
Snom Dial Plan by Jono
Hello, Crikey, just started playing with the Dial Plan for a Snom which is connected to a PBX and requires 9 for external calls. So, I have four bits so far: |(^9{5}$)|sip:\[email protected]\d|d |(^90{9}$)|sip:\[email protected]\d|d
March 25th 08 10:21 PM
by Jono Go to last post
8 285
Voip for x employees in an office? by Jose
Hi All, Besides keep adding ATAs with 2 Voip ports until covering everyone needed, what's the inteligent solution for this "problem", in a way that each of the employees with Voip access has it's own Voip extension number? Thanks, Jose
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 25th 08 08:15 PM
by Gordon Henderson Go to last post
12 475
Attn: Flyer Re. Draytel by amp is
Hi Flyer and everyone Couple of long term problems I have with Draytel, do you experience the same? 1, Call always disconnects if put on hold or answered by recorded message. 2. Call divert works very intermittently. All other functions work fine.
March 25th 08 07:09 AM
by amp is Go to last post
3 170
DNS settings on Fritz!Box by Ivor Jones
Is there anywhere in the Fritz!Box Fon (original, non-wireless version) where I can specify DNS servers..? Can't see it anywhere. Ivor
March 24th 08 07:11 PM
by Herman Go to last post
3 456
Q for the ladies here... by Simon
Would any of the ladies here care to describe, as accurately as possible, what (human) semen tastes like please? I've heard some women say that it tastes like green olives, is that a true description?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 24th 08 06:12 PM
by Norman Wells Go to last post
36 884
call on mute get disconnected after 2 min (a voipfone feature) by Mr JM
Gurus, When I put my phone on mute, I get disconnected aftrer 2 min.... Here is the answer I got from voipfone support: "I'm a fraid a call left on mute will eventually disconnect as our system detects no use and drops the line - after 2 minutes I believe. This is a safety feature to prevent dead calls being charged for indefinately" I still believe this behaviour is wrong: If someone is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 22nd 08 02:07 PM
by Harry Stottle Go to last post
17 443
PAP2 setup really basic questions... by Adam Aglionby
"Can't connect to login server" problem with PAP2 connected to Dlink DL624 router attempting to connect to Voiptalk. My networking knowledge is very limited. Have assigned Pap2 a static IP and put that IP in the routers DMZ. Followed the Voiptalk setup about entering user and pass but get the feeling am misssing out entering settngs in main system page.
March 20th 08 12:23 PM
by Adam Aglionby Go to last post
3 252
Snom M3 by mattpark
Hi All, Okay who has got their mittens on a Snom M3 yet? Worth a buy? Cheers, Matt
March 20th 08 02:47 AM
by Mr Man Go to last post
2 240
FritzBox Fon 7140 problem with modems by Mark Ingle
About a month ago I bought a FritzBox 7140 and retired my Vonage service. The box is great and has so many features. I also have a TiVo which is connected to the BT phone line, and makes daily calls to download data. Yesterday I noticed that the TiVo hadn't dialed up for quite some time as the tv guide data had run out. I tried doing a test call which failed on the dialing phase. I then...
March 18th 08 11:50 PM
by Richard Anderton Go to last post
4 252
Use a mobile to make calls via a Vonage voip account? by JakeD
Isit possible to use a mobile phone to make calls via my Vonage voip account, without incurring call charges on my mobile (02) account? I'm thinking perhaps by using WiFi, which my mobile does have... Thank you, JD
March 18th 08 09:13 PM
by JakeD Go to last post
0 807
Fritz!Box ATA 5050, config. info by [email protected]
Hi, I have just purchased an used Fritz!Box ATA 5050 and now I have to configure it. I am inexperienced and now I have some doubts, above all about my phone number. My number is: 203458 towns prefix 0721 I live to Italy therefore the international prefix is 0039 I like to know what I have to write in Internet Telephony/Enabled Internet number page. Have I to wite
March 17th 08 08:23 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 215
Clarification needed.........on Free SMS by [email protected]
"Have any of you guys ever heard of www.FreebieSMS.co.uk ? It seems to send free SMS messages in the UK, but does anyone have any experience with them?"
March 17th 08 11:25 AM
by Stephen Go to last post
4 175
Betamax won't take my payment. by Graham.
My credit has run out with voipcheap.com and I now want to credit a justvoip.com account, but my Paypal transaction was instantly refunded with the message from Betamax: This transaction is refunded because we do not allow using the same paypal account on more than one user-account. Thank you for understanding. How should I proceed?
March 16th 08 02:10 PM
by Philippe Deleye Go to last post
3 339
VOIP newbie:question by Flyer
Ok, I have a PAP2-UK from broadbandbuyer, very quick service I might add, and have configured line 1 for Draytel, and line 2 for Sipgate. With credit on both providers, the Sipgate works flawlessly, but with the Draytel I have outgoing ring ok, no incoming ring, and no audio whatsoever. I'd also like to use a single phone for both accounts, but trying to make sense of dial plans is giving me...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 16th 08 10:47 AM
by Flyer Go to last post
13 632
Alternative to Home Hub For BB Talk by Rob Gibson
Forgive me if this has already cropped up... Is it possible to use a VOIP router other than the Home Hub for BT Broadband Talk? If so, what details do I need to know to configure it for BB Talk? I'm on my third Hub in as many months, and I'm fed up with it! TIA.
March 12th 08 05:00 PM
by JulianJ Go to last post
7 620
Post New Thread