Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 02:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 20,604
Alternative to Home Hub For BB Talk by Rob Gibson
Forgive me if this has already cropped up... Is it possible to use a VOIP router other than the Home Hub for BT Broadband Talk? If so, what details do I need to know to configure it for BB Talk? I'm on my third Hub in as many months, and I'm fed up with it! TIA.
March 12th 08 05:00 PM
by JulianJ Go to last post
7 575
Modem - VoIP line - modem? by Pacman
Maybe its a basic question. But I am trying to find out: Is it possible to dial in using a modem to another Computer behind an "VoIP only" connection? Szenario: home user with an internet contract that provides DSL. The phone line bundled with the contract is established as VoIP. So no "real" land line phone. Is it now possible to create a classic dial in to a server?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 11th 08 09:04 AM
by Tim Go to last post
14 704
SPA-3000 trouble (VOIP to PSTN) by Marc Zirnheld
I'm using a Sipura/Tiptel co-branded SPA-3000 with firmware release 3.1.20(GW) -- the latest, AFAIK. I'd like a (now local, in the future distant) SIP phone to access the SPA and be able to place calls throuh the PSTN interface; and vice-versa, calls from the PSTN would ring the SIP phone. The SPA-3000 instructions are quite cumbersome and the web configuration interface is not logically...
March 9th 08 04:00 PM
by Marc Zirnheld Go to last post
5 258
NO2ID - It's more than a card, it changes the nature of citizenship in Britain by Ivor Jones
"Chris White" wrote in message : : www.NO2ID.net : : : : More than a card - a new way of life While I agree entirely, it has nothing to do with VoIP so has no place here. There are newsgroups specifically for this kind of debate. Ivor
March 9th 08 10:43 AM
by news.plus.net Go to last post
7 274
RJ45 by Chris Flash
Hello Group Firstly, thanks for all the comments and helpful replies to my post last week - Thats it now!! Well, I'm ready to go with my PAP2T from Broadband Buyer and I've chosen Voipfone for simplicity. I was setting up equiment last night, but the cable kept coming out of my router and the modem one is broken too (they both work but fail to click in as the ends have broken) I need some...
March 8th 08 04:03 PM
by Graham. Go to last post
7 269
voip: Is it actually cheaper ? by Mark Carver
Now and again I look seriously at the viability of using voip rather than POTS. I currently use a combination of BT, 18185.co.uk, and Talk Talk (Routed with an Orchid device). A number of those calls are free. Out of the chargeable ones, the total cost over a one month period was 3:78. I've calculated what the cost would have been (I think) using Sipgate, and their standard call charges.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
March 8th 08 12:48 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
24 637
Stupid question? ISDN / ASDL / Cable by Michael
Folks I run a voip line on the end of a cable connection from Virgin, and I fully understand that the system works as the cable is 'always on'. What I don't understand is ..... others, who do not have 'always on' cable, use VoIP ..... but how? My Mum for example, uses (as it happens) AOL for her Internet -and it a dial up broadband system. How could she use VoIP - would she have to
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 8th 08 12:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
14 453
justvoip CLI by Brian A
I am using JustVoip ( a betamax company) for the first time. I have set up and verified the number I wish to use as my CLI. The CLI forwards, to my mobile, when dialled from the softphone. However, it neither works from voxalot nor an SPA-3000 ATA. There is a 'client' area on the web site that shows my numbers but no reference to CLI. Further, I have twice validated my mobile number, it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 8th 08 09:36 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
12 797
Registration State: Failed - SPA-2002 with voipcheap by rainandsnow
I've spent a good bit of time on this and got nowhere. The SIP unit is OK. It has two lines and I can configure either to work with draytel. I'm trying to set up one line to work with voipcheap and can't get the Registration State (shown under the INFO tab) to change to Registered. It will give a dialling tone but attempting to make a call produces an engaged sound and attempting to call in...
March 8th 08 01:24 AM
by rainandsnow Go to last post
1 312
Tesco dp450 by Ian Pawson
Tesco are selling a badged Siemens S450 VoIP/DECT phone for about half the price of the 'real' one. Does anybody know if this is locked to the Tesco voip or can it be used with any sip provider?
March 7th 08 05:36 PM
by Ian Pawson Go to last post
4 374
any experience with VSEE for videochat over ip? by Bob Newheart
Hi all, Been reading up on VSEE (http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2007/03/05/video_conferencing_p2p_solution_from.htm), supposed to be a good tool for a videochat across the net (or within the LAN) and offers functionality like open application sharing, video sharing etc for collaboration. Problem is that my windows XP SP2 has crashes twice now while testing this tool. As I am...
March 7th 08 03:37 PM
by Bob Newheart Go to last post
0 181
voip PDA recommendations :) by Stephen Hammond
voip PDA recommendations :) is it workable :) ? Stephen -- Lift share day 14th June www.liftshare.org
March 7th 08 02:51 PM
by ßøđiŋs Go to last post
6 207
Thats It now!! by Chris Flash
Hi All I've just had a letter off BT saying my line rental is now going up! - got to charge for those free weekend calls somehow eh? Well thats it for me - i want to ditch BT and go for voip on my Virgin media cable broadband. I already have a Belkin wireless router, so from what I've read on forums & usenet, a Linksys SPA2102 or PAP2 seem favourite for the hardware Question #1: any...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
March 6th 08 02:34 AM
by Iain Go to last post
24 700
Configuring Sipura SPA3102 by Chris Davies
So I've taken the plunge and, despite warnings about its dire documentation, purchased a (Linksys) Sipura SPA-3102. I've got Sipgate working on Line 1, but I can't seem to get my ideal configuration. I was rather hoping someone here could help... * Inbound PSTN from BT to ring the phone using Ring Cadence #1 (BT Ring) * Inbound VoIP from Sipgate to ring phone using Ring Cadence
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 5th 08 09:06 AM
by Chris Go to last post
17 448
Low router throughputs (WAN-LAN) by Rick Marks
I discovered recently that my VoIP router (SPA-3102) and its predecessor (SPA-2100) can't route from WAN-LAN faster than about 7.5Mbps. The latter not helped by only having 10Mbps Ethernet interfaces. Looking at Tomshardware guide (search for the router charts) it seems that quite a lot other plain routers, wired and wireless, don't fare much better. By and large you seem to get what you pay...
March 3rd 08 10:33 AM
by Tim Go to last post
1 163
Recommendation for a US number? by Les Desser
Can anyone recommend a source for a US VoIP number? It must be: good, cheap, reliable, etc. :) Many thanks. -- Les Desser (The Reply-to address IS valid)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 2nd 08 10:35 PM
by Mark Ingle Go to last post
13 421
Low router throughputs (WAN-LAN) by kraftee
Rick Marks wrote: I discovered recently that my VoIP router (SPA-3102) and its predecessor (SPA-2100) can't route from WAN-LAN faster than about 7.5Mbps. The latter not helped by only having 10Mbps Ethernet interfaces. Looking at Tomshardware guide (search for the router charts) it seems that quite a lot other plain routers, wired and wireless, don't fare much better. By and...
March 2nd 08 01:57 PM
by alexd Go to last post
8 188
BT VOIP and Axon PBX software by David Randles
Anyone successfully using Axon PBX with BT VOIP service ? My Axon PBX software works very successfully with other VOIP providers, but with BT there is a (re-)registration issue which I can't solve. I keep getting error messages every 10 minutes or so: Registered as then 1 minute later... Register attempt for failed 400 Too many...
March 2nd 08 11:59 AM
by Hongtian Go to last post
1 257
VoipFone + Voxalot ?? by Jose
Hi All, Have you been able to make VoipFone work with Voxalot, for outgoing calls? Thanks, Jose
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
March 1st 08 10:03 PM
by Herman Go to last post
15 590
Quantity of UTStarcom F3000 SIP WiFI Phones For Sale by [email protected]
I have several hundred UTStarcom F3000 WiFI SIP Phones available for sale. These units are all brand new, sealed in factory 10-packs. They were purchased for an ITSP project in Guatemala that was subsequently cancelled. I am offering these in lots of (20) or more, cost per unit is $152 USD/ ea Product is available for immediate shipment FOB New York, US. Buyer is responsible for transport,...
February 29th 08 11:09 PM
by Chris Davies Go to last post
1 196
Post New Thread