Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sticky Thread Sticky: Group info uk.telecom.voip - monthly posting by Ivor Jones
This is a monthly posting giving information about the Usenet group uk.telecom.voip. If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when posting. Charter for uk.telecom.voip ===================
July 13th 07 03:42 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
0 23,353
Sip port limit exeeded by Błażej
Hello, I have PAP2T connected to Asmax ar8002c router. Recently I have noticed a strange log - "Sip port limi exeeded". This message is logged by Asmax every time the PAP2T registration time expired. I tried to change some PAP2T settings but it only made this matter worse. The router start hanging after few houres. Now I have the previous settings and the strange message in log.
April 20th 08 01:55 PM
by TheFug Go to last post
6 322
VOIP bandwidth by Dave Saville
My ISP provides statistics for my line and IP addresses (I have 8 "real" addresses) as I have my SIP box on a dedicated IP I can see the usage. It does however appear to be asymetric with the "download" being very much less than the "upload" 2 or 3 to 1. Is this normal or does SWMBO talk more than she listens? :-) -- Regards Dave Saville NB Remove nospam. for good email address
April 18th 08 06:17 AM
by News Reader Go to last post
5 392
OT - Thalidomide victims by Simon
How on earth do Thalidomide victims have a wank or wipe their arse?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 )
April 17th 08 03:23 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
22 2,139
DIY ISP by Theo Markettos
Let's say I want to set up my own dialin server. I don't have a spare PSTN phone connection. Getting a geographic incoming number is usually straightforward (Sipgate et al are free). What are the issues with trying to do this with VOIP? I suppose the problem is I don't actually want V near any IP. Is there any protocol to having the PSTN-VOIP gateway act as a modem, rather than a voice...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
April 17th 08 01:05 AM
by alexd Go to last post
13 649
Free world dialup by cybuerke
The current site seems to be occupied by the Jeff Pulver Circus, and although a link is there, it seems to bring up a cached version of the fwd home page with busted links to their services. I know there hasn't been much happening with fwd lately, but it would be a shame if the service were to sink without trace. Anyone have an idea?
April 16th 08 01:49 PM
by cybuerke Go to last post
5 267
Help: Incoming PSTN droping w/ SPA3102 by Jose
Hi All, I have an SPA3102, and latelly I've noticed that often incoming PSTN calls drop when I try to pick up the call :-( This is something I had not experienced when I first installed the SPA. Lately I've been playing with the PSTN to Voip conection settings, so that I can call my SPA from my mobile, and place calls through Voip. I'm not sure, but I suspect it was after this playing around...
April 16th 08 10:59 AM
by Brian A Go to last post
1 242
PC-to-phone service by skyline
Hello, Where can I get a list of PC-to-phone service where I can get the US phone number with Caller ID (like Yahoo messenger) ? Best regards,
April 16th 08 12:17 AM
by skyline Go to last post
2 254
Mobile SIP phone suggestions please! by Ryan
Hi all. I am off to the States for a while shortly and want to keep in touch with family in the UK. I have a sipgate account so want to get a mobile phone type thing that works on WiFi that I can take with me - set it up with my sipgate account and carry it with me. Now, does any one have experience of any of the mobile phone type models (I have looked at this one:...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
April 15th 08 09:44 AM
by Piers Finlayson Go to last post
11 521
Info pls: how to call Skype cheaply by Ronni
Advice please. I'm a VOIP rookie. ============================== Someone has asked me to contact them and has given me a choice of: (a) Calling an 07017 number. (b) Calling a Skype phone. 07017 calls are 35p a minute from my Virgin Media landline.
April 14th 08 05:18 PM
by Brian A Go to last post
3 308
VOIP service that can be used with a mobile phone? by JakeD
Is there a VOIP phone service that can be used via a mobile phone? Thanks, JD
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
April 14th 08 12:43 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
19 789
Linksys pap2 lights continually flashing? by Chris Lewis
I recently purchased a linksys pap2 voip adapter from ebay. The adapter worked fine for a day but now there seems to be a problem. The power light flashes red and the two line lights flash blue. I cannot access the adapter through the http panel and there is no dial tone through the phone line. Any ideas please?
April 13th 08 11:32 PM
by Nick˛ Go to last post
7 528
How to find provider of VoIP number? by Nick
I am receiving emails with .wav attachments that have been created on a VoIP telephone system. I know the telephone number (it's include in the text of the email) and if called it always goes to the voicemail. Why I receive the voice/emails can only be resumed as an error, done by whoever set
April 12th 08 06:41 PM
by Nick Go to last post
2 418
Setting up C475IP with Sipgate - help please by [email protected]
I have received my Siemens C475IP phones today, impressed so far. I have them working with my BT POTS line and with sipdiscount but I can't get them set up with sipgate. I suspect it's just finger trouble but could do with some help. The fields that the VOIP set up on the C475IP wants a- Authentication Name: Authentication Password:
April 11th 08 08:48 PM
by TheFug Go to last post
4 526
PBXes down! by David Floyd
Anyone use PBXes here. They appear to have been down since this morning. DF
April 11th 08 04:23 PM
by David Floyd Go to last post
0 266
[ FREE WEB HOST PROVIDERS ] by tomato
Tired of trying to find a free web host? This is what I found - a fantastic site. "Free Web host Provider" is a free online directory system of all the best and free web hosting providers. Here you'll find all the best free web host sites with reviews, and ratings, which is updated when any new host submits their site to the directory. http://www.freewebhostprovider.com/ For any user to...
April 11th 08 03:05 AM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
1 237
voipcheap incoming number by Ian Pawson
I have an incoming number set for my voipcheap service, but it only rings when using their windoze app and not when using sip. The sip says that it is 'registered' and I can make calls ok. Does anyone know if it is possible to get the incoming number to work using sip, and if so, how?
April 10th 08 08:07 PM
by Dave Saville Go to last post
6 407
Difficulty with echo and quality on PSTN calls with SPA3000 by David Floyd
For over two years now I've been using an SPA3000 with voip.co.uk with no problem. I have not used BT during this time, but now that free calls are available evening and week-ends with BT, whereas they are still 1ppm with voip.co.uk I have set up the SPA so that I can make calls via BT when I need to. The trouble is I cannot get the quality right.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 )
April 10th 08 02:40 PM
by Marc Zirnheld Go to last post
13 900
BT Business Hub - is the VOIP locked in to one service? by [email protected]
I have recently installed ADSL on our business phone line and have the BT provided "Business Hub" as the router, it's a 2Wire router. I wasn't aiming to use the VOIP through this router as it's really only a backup ADSL and our main ADSL connection is Enta and uses a Speedtouch 716WL router. However, I'm having problems getting the VOIP on the Speedtouch working (see my other posting about...
April 10th 08 02:15 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 433
Strange problem with S450IP and VOIP by Dave Saville
I have a Siemens S450IP and it normally dials out on one of my VOIP connections (Voiptalk.org). If my wife calls our doctor's, which has some fancy pbx, after a few seconds of talking to the receptionist it drops out to an engaged tone. This is very repeatable, and is somewhat anoying. Today she was getting *really* cross so I said to force it out over BT. She did this and of course it was...
April 10th 08 11:07 AM
by alex Go to last post
7 264
A small question about the Siemens C475IP by [email protected]
The C475IP (from the previous thread) seems to have so much going for it that I think I'll be buying some. One question that occurs to me, which might make it even *better*. If I set the answerphone so that it works for only some of the numbers then, presumably, I don't have the problem of answerphone activation whether I like it or not on the other numbers. Is that correct? If so it gives me...
April 9th 08 07:31 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 355
Post New Thread